West Indies vs Pakistan | 1st Test | Guyana | 12/5/11 | Day 1 : Session 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
will take some patience to pry wickets on this pitch, we need Ajmal to bowl a lot better.

Decent session for WI. And bizarre move to give :wahab just one over before lunch.

Reminds me off the start of the kiwi series where things seem to go at a very slow pace. I think Misbah needs to get Gul and wahab on straight after lunch and go looking for wickets. Cant just let things go along look for mistakes.

Need to be postive!

I think misbah needs to be more attacking as West Indies arent on 300 for 1 but are jsut on 66/1 so misbah shud be trying to get more wickets

could sure have used Kaneria on this pitch!!!

get on with the squad i Have heard many people on pp moaning about that we could have had kaneria but the fact is we dont have him. This is like saying imagine if we had amir and asif

Ball is showing signs off turn and bounce already in 1st session!

Pakistan have to possibly bat last here, so pretty much means we need to score big in 1st inns and hopefully dont have to bat last or if we do chase as few runs as possible!

No need to go in with Rehman in this game, Junaid/Tanvir must be cursing their luck.

WI happy they aren't losing any wickets, but they aren't scoring any runs either...

Just seen highlights off 1st session and looks like ajmal is bowling to wide off the stumps. needs to focus on starting ball off on off-stump and attack the stumps, also needs to bowl a half a yard fuller then he has so far.

66/1 isnt to bad and its end of day situation which is more crucial.

It's been a boring session so far.

Pakistan need to be patient here, they must continue to keep the bowling tight and hopefully the wickets will come sooner then later.

Misbah needs to offer something different - playing 2 spinners makes it quite simple for the batsmen, should go for a spinner and a seamer in the other end.

No need to go in with Rehman in this game, Junaid/Tanvir must be cursing their luck.

YEah i agree with you alright rehman is adecnt spinner and has performed but I think in a test match 3 seamers are essential taking into the consideration that we have hafeez who could also bowl and west indies have struglling against him

Bravo and one of pakistan fielders seem to be having a friendly chat.

get on with the squad i Have heard many people on pp moaning about that we could have had kaneria but the fact is we dont have him. This is like saying imagine if we had amir and asif

mate I have every right to voice my opinion...if you have an issue than simply ignore my posts or deal with 'em!!!

hopefully wahab or gully can get some reverse swing here.

Single for simmons.

pitch is acting slow and low, must make the most of our batting in 1st innings as chasing will be difficult on this track!!!

also Wahab and Gul need to bowl fuller lengths on this track...

Seriously if we're goin to play such ghatia cricket I'd rather we were banned!

Am sick and tired of watching our boring spinners and now even opening the bowling! I could just about tolerate it in odis, but tests??!

Seriously if we're goin to play such ghatia cricket I'd rather we were banned!

Am sick and tired of watching our boring spinners and now even opening the bowling! I could just about tolerate it in odis, but tests??!

with Asif & Amir gone, will have to get used to more collective effort from our bowling unit...won't be just one bowler running through oppositions...so have to be patient as we don't have an ace bowler currently...

Why is Wahab riaz even in the team? He has bowled 1 over so far.... Why even have him if your not gonna use him?

Same thing in NZ he barely bowled

Rayman onto bowl, looks like he will just hold up one end again.

mate I have every right to voice my opinion...if you have an issue than simply ignore my posts or deal with 'em!!!

I have nothing against your opinions but the thing is that words such as "if" "could we" "I wish" are annoying as we could get on with what we have not what we could have had what could have been if pak and india were one country

Rehman needs to get Simmons to come forward, hes happily camped on back foot.

needs more variation here!

I have nothing against your opinions but the thing is that words such as "if" "could we" "I wish" are annoying as we could get on with what we have not what we could have had what could have been if pak and india were one country

again if it's annoying for you, too bad! but the fact is, Kaneria would've been a better option in these conditions than Rehman!

I remember Abdul Qadir saying in a PP exclusive that he feels Ajmal is ineffective in Test Cricket after seeing him bowl in the format. He was convinced. At times you feel he over tries. Rehman at least gives you that control & patience.

W.I 70/1

Spinners have been tight but dissapointing in variations they have bowled so far here!

again if it's annoying for you, too bad! but the fact is, Kaneria would've been a better option in these conditions than Rehman!

+1 Kaneria or Saeed ajmal both should be above AbdurRahman for test matches... they would have troubled wI batsmen more... Kaneria would have been my first choice...

Hafeez was outstanding this morning during that opening spell. He posed some serious questions to the left handers with his in drifters & off breaks, Devon Smith must have nightmares about him. That's his 5th consecutive dismissal to the off spinner.

No hawk eye? whats the point of UDRS with out hawkeye?

Bravo gone!

good wicket for wahab and pakistan!

70/2

see Riaz that's all you gota do man! bowl it full and fast!!! good stuff this!!

where are the Riaz haters now?

Ideal time for a wicket for pakistan after lunch! now lets get through this W.I middle order.

So that is the end of Bravo's fail attempt to play a Misbah inning . Simmons you next ! :misbah

simmons showing some intent with that shot! no runs though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back