What should be the ideal Pakistan squad for tour of Australia?

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
With Pakistan set to tour Australia to play their 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is starting on November 4 in Melbourne, the announcement of the squad for the ODI and T20I series is eagerly anticipated. The team is likely to depart after the conclusion of the third Test against England on October 28, which means the official squad for both the ODI and T20I series could be named in the next few days.

Given the significance of the tour and the challenging Australian conditions, there is much speculation about which players should be selected.

Who do you think should be included in the Pakistan squad to ensure a strong performance Down Under?

Fakhar
Saim
Babar
Rizwan
Ghulam
Usman
Agha
Irfan Khan
Khushdil
Mubasir
Hasnain
Shaheen
Naseem
Akif
Wasim Jnr.

Has the captain been announced? Won't be surprised if the farcical PCB gives him the captaincy for this series.

1) Fakhar Zaman (Yes ik about his recent tweet, but no falhar means a whitewash so no choice)

2) Sharjeel Khan (He's been avg 50 and sr 133 in domestic and lately the current test series have shown why domestic performers need a go over fraud psl superstars, Besides pakistan need aggressive batters to combat Australia)

3) Kamran Ghulam (Babar should not get selected until he proves himself in domestic, he doesn't even play local anymore. Besides bobby himself wants to avoid this series and play Zimbabwe lol)

4) Usman Khan (Again domestic performers over psl frauds, this guy proved himself in domestics, should be our keeper this series to)

5) Salman Ali Agha (Again proven domestic performer and a proper test performer as well)

6) Tayyab Tahir (Performed in domestic one day cup, Can also bat higher if needed)

7) Mubashir Khan (best allrounder after sajid in the Champions one day cup)

8) Jahdad Khan/Zahid Mehmood/ Arafat Minhas/ Naseem Shah (Depending on whether a pacer or spinner is needed, if naseem or zahid are opted them they bat at 9 with sajid batting at 8)

9) Sajid Khan

10) Muhammad Husnain

11) Ali Raza

12-15) Saim Ayub, Irfan Khan niazi( his 58 ball 100 has to count even if he's a misbah doofus, Mehran Mumtaz, Haris Rauf

^^ All these guys are people who performed in domestic and grinded.

@Rana @CerebralPatriot
@BouncerGuy

1) Fakhar Zaman (Yes ik about his recent tweet, but no falhar means a whitewash so no choice)

2) Sharjeel Khan (He's been avg 50 and sr 133 in domestic and lately the current test series have shown why domestic performers need a go over fraud psl superstars, Besides pakistan need aggressive batters to combat Australia)

3) Kamran Ghulam (Babar should not get selected until he proves himself in domestic, he doesn't even play local anymore. Besides bobby himself wants to avoid this series and play Zimbabwe lol)

4) Usman Khan (Again domestic performers over psl frauds, this guy proved himself in domestics, should be our keeper this series to)

5) Salman Ali Agha (Again proven domestic performer and a proper test performer as well)

6) Tayyab Tahir (Performed in domestic one day cup, Can also bat higher if needed)

8) Jahdad Khan/Zahid Mehmood/ Arafat Minhas/ Naseem Shah (Depending on whether a pacer or spinner is needed, if naseem or zahid are opted them they bat at 9 with sajid batting at 8)

9) Sajid Khan

10) Muhammad Husnain

11) Ali Raza

12-15) Saim Ayub, Irfan Khan niazi( his 58 ball 100 has to count even if he's a misbah doofus, Mehran Mumtaz, Haris Rauf

@Rana @CerebralPatriot
@BouncerGuy
Where is future captain SAUD???

Where is future captain SAUD???
This squad is based of domestic one day cup performers.

Saud did not perform. I am.very fair.

Only player who didn't perform were sharjeel and fakhar, But sharjeel been avg 50 and sr 133 in domestic and fakhar had the best 50 of the tournament despite being inconsistent hence they qualify based of that metric.

Similarly saim had the best 100 and frankly only 150 of said tournament so he gets in the squad.

Also ik this squad ain't happening, I'm just listing mine.

People are selecting unfit &Fixer sharjeel khan. Lol
Bro, you don't even watch domestic cricket?

What do you even know? Last time I asked you about rizwan and Agha, all you said was

"I don't watch this domestic cup so I don't care"

If you do not watch domestic cricket and aren't willing to acknowledge how badly rizzu fumbled and why Agha is genuinely superior followed with the fact that you made you entire judgement on one series wh8ch pakistan lost anyway, then you do not deserve to make such statements.

Sharjeel is a past brother. He is nowhere in the plans of PCB I think. SAIM is also over-rated. But I am willing to try Sharjeel over Saim

Sharjeel is a past brother. He is nowhere in the plans of PCB I think. SAIM is also over-rated. But I am willing to try Sharjeel over Saim
My squad won't get selected. It'll be Babar rizwan galore.

I told you what I think shpuld be selected. I didn't claim to be a pcb messiah

Openers

Fakhar
Saim
Abdullah

Babar
Agha
Kamran Gulam
Abdul samad

Wk
Rizwan
Usman khan ( i know he is going to failed badly but solid performance in domestic tournament)

Spinner's
Pakistan dont have any quality spinners

Pacers

Shaheen
Naseem
Harish rauf
Hasnain

Openers

Fakhar
Saim
Abdullah

Babar
Agha
Kamran Gulam
Abdul samad

Wk
Rizwan
Usman khan ( i know he is going to failed badly but solid performance in domestic tournament)

Spinner's

Pacers

Shaheen
Naseem
Harish rauf
Hasnain
Typical squad I am not surprised.

Please add shadab, Iftikhar, Nawaz, Hasan Ali, and Abrar to this list as well. Don't forget shan.

Openers

Fakhar
Saim
Abdullah

Babar
Agha
Kamran Gulam
Abdul samad

Wk
Rizwan

Spinner's

Pacers

Shaheen
Naseem
Harish rauf
Hasnain
Forget to add Saud shakeel

9) Sajid Khan

10) Muhammad Husnain

11) Ali Raza

@Rana @CerebralPatriot
@BouncerGuy
@Nikhil_cric you already know my squad bro, It doesn't include saud shakeel in it.

But granted my squad probably isn't perfect so I'd request you to maybe add in changes and refommendations

Mohammad Rizwan (c)
Fakhar Zaman
Abdullah Shafique
Saim Ayub
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Salman Ali Agha
Kamran Ghulam
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Naseem Shah
Haris Rauf
Mohammad Hasnain
Mohammad Wasim Jr.
Aamer Jamal
Shadab Khan (think he needs to be dropped but we don't have any other spin-bowling all-rounder that can deliver in even one area).
Mehran Mumtaz
Abrar Ahmed

My squad:

Fakhar Zaman

Saim Ayub // M Huraira

Kamran Ghulam // Saud Shakeel

Usman Khan // M Akhlaq

Agha Salman // Qasim Akram // Mubashir Khan

Abdul Samad // Haider Ali // Khushadil Shah

Jahandad Khan // Arafat Minhas

Mir Hamza // M Ali

Naseem Shah

M Husnain // Akif Javed // Haris Rauf

Mehran Mumtaz // Sajid Khan // Abrar Ahmed

Mohammad Rizwan (c)
Fakhar Zaman
Abdullah Shafique
Saim Ayub
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Salman Ali Agha
Kamran Ghulam
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Naseem Shah
Haris Rauf
Mohammad Hasnain
Mohammad Wasim Jr.
Aamer Jamal
Shadab Khan (think he needs to be dropped but we don't have any other spin-bowling all-rounder that can deliver in even one area).
Mehran Mumtaz
Abrar Ahmed
More or less these are best players in pakistan .

I think Abdul samad can be good finisher option for pakistan .

Sharjeel Khan is 35 years old. He will be 38 at the time of the next World Cup in South Africa. Imagine wasting these precious Odi's on somebody like him. Ridiculous suggestion.

Think Pakistan needs to move on from both Imam and Abdullah. Don't have the technique to survive tough conditions and lack the gear to win matches on flat roads.

For his own betterment, Babar Azam needs to stay away as well. Same for SSA.

Saud Shakeel will never buy a run outside Asia. No way should he be selected for an Australian tour. Should not be in the odi plans anymore.

The cupboard is a bit empty innit..

Saim, Fakhar, Kamran, Rizwan. That's the top 4.

Naseem and Hasnain as your two lead pacers. Jamal will be your number 8. Salman Ali Agha goes in at 6.

Pick the best spinner in the country and get him in at 9. No idea who that would be. Somebody who turns the ball ideally. Mehran maybe but idk.

Leaves us with 5 and 7. Two of the hardest position in modern odi cricket. Mohd. Haris stocks have fallen but he should be thrown in there at 5. Has a decent backfoot game from what i remember.

No clue who should be number 7. Lol. Get a seam or spin bowling AR. Nawaz, Ifti, Shadab, Khushdil are rubbish. Somebody new.

Reserves should be people who can make it to South Africa in 3 years time. That should be the long term project. These are valuable matches. Even if you lose, need to find players who can do something in the long run.

Samad, Haseebullah, Shampoo, Dahani would be my picks for that.

My 11 as per batting order
1) Saim Ayoub
2) Babar Azam
3) Shaan Masood
4) Kamran Ghulam
5) Tayyab Tahir
6) Rizwan
7) Jahandad khan
8) Sufiyan muqeem
9) M. Amir
10) Naseem
11) Amir jamal
Rest of squad
12) M. Husnain
13) Qasim Akram
14)

Yeah pretty much.

Haven't seen the Emerging Asia Cup so can't say anything on him.

But How on earth can you possibly suggest a squad where 90% of them are not only failures in international but failures in domestic?

Last edited by a moderator:
But How on earth can you possibly suggest a squad where 90% of them are not only failures in international but failures in domestic?
Just because certain players had one good domestic tournament doesn't make them the best players in the country. Experience counts for something, as do past performances on the international level. You also don't introduce 50 new players every new series at it upsets the stability and balance of a team.

Just because certain players had one good domestic tournament doesn't make them the best players in the country. Experience counts for something, as do past performances in international cricket.

Regardless, I am not here to discuss that.

Explain how Babar finds a way into the team? It's been 2 years ? Or is Nepal e C team Kiwi Pindi phatta track Azam somehow suppose to take aussie pacers and spinners on in their own den?

How does Abdullah Shafique of all people get in?

Shaheen is also somehow present?

It explains why Abdul samad and wasim jnr made it, surprised theirs no irfan Khan niazi as he's also a goat find for misbah sahib.

Explain how Babar finds a way into the team? It's been 2 years of filth? Or is Nepal e C team Kiwi Pindi phatta track Azam somehow suppose to take aussie pacers and spinners on in their own den?

How does Abdullah Shafique of all people get in?

Shaheen is also somehow present?

You think everything is agenda based because anyone who questions misbah's line of thinking is an agenda based poster for you.

The squad that you've chosen is almoat an exact replica of what misbah would have chosen given his past talk show antics.

It explains why Abdul samad and wasim jnr made it, surprised theirs no irfan Khan niazi as he's also a goat find for misbah sahib.

Can't you come up with something new?

When in Rome (here), do as Romans do. Here goes

1. Imam ul Haq
2. Abdullah Shafique
3. Babar
4. Rizwan
5. Irfan Niazi
6. Abdul Samad
7. Salman Agha
8. Shaheen Afridi
9. Naseem Shah
10. Harris Rauf
11. Abrar Ahmed

12. Yasir Khan
13. Kamran Ghulam
14. Muhammad Ali
15. Haseebullah

Hooray I picked a squad that includes everyone’s favourites.

-Fans bhi happy
-Chairman sab bhi happy
-Agencies+Journalists bhi happy
+Misbah ki boothis bhi happy

ODIs

1. Abdullah Shafique
2. Fakhar Zaman
3. Saim Ayub
4. Babar Azam
5. Kamran Ghulam
6. Tayyab Tahir
7. Salman Ali Agha
8. Irfan Khan Niazi
9. Mohammad Rizwan
10. Aamer Jamal
11. Shaheen Afridi
12. Naseem Shah
13. Haris Rauf
14. Mohammad Hasnain
15. Abrar Ahmed / Sajid Khan
16. Mehran Mumtaz

I want someone like Abdul Samad in but I think he needs more time. Will be too early to call him in the NT. Jahandad is another one I think would be best suited to debut against Zimbabwe rather than Australia.

Shan Masood can also be potentially looked at as he is good on bouncy Australian pitches. But all depends if he's in the future plans with white ball Cricket.

Abrar is my first choice spinner. If he is not fit then I'd go with Sajid. Enough of spinners like Shadab, Mir and Nawaz.

Openers
Saim
Fakhar (will be a stupid decision to drop your most impactful ODI player)
Imam (as much as I would like to pick Abdullah or Farhan, Imam has been a solid ODI player and deserves to be in the squad)

Middle Order
Babar
Kamran
Usman
Tayyab (i don't think Tayyab and Usman will last at the international level but their domestic consistency warrants another chance)
Salman

Wicketkeeper
Rizwan

Allrounders
Jahandad/Jamal (i'd go with Jahandad as Jamal's limited overs bowling is just not good enough)
Arafat/Mubasir (i believe Arafat has a very high ceiling and will not be a misfit at the international level despite his young age)

Seamers
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Hasnain

Spinner
Mehran/Sufiyan

My first XI
Fakhar
Imam
Babar
Kamran
Rizwan
Salman
Arafat
Jahandad
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf

T20Is

1. Mohammad Harris
2. Saim Ayub
3. Fakhar Zaman
4. Babar Azam (will bat at no. 3)
5. Salman Ali Agha
6. Tayyab Tahir
7. Haider Ali
8. Shadab Khan
9. Aamer Jamal
10. Shaheen Afridi
11. Naseem Shah
12. Haris Rauf
13. Zaman Khan
14. Mehran Mumtaz
15. Abrar Ahmed

I'm assuming Amir and Imad have retired from International Cricket again.

We should ideally have two separate squads one for home tours and one for away tours.

The home squad should be made up of domestic players who dominate on local pitches, while the away squad should feature players who’ve been playing in leagues abroad, like English county, big bash etc.. to handle foreign conditions better

It appears from masala news that both Saud and Abrar will be dropped from ODI squad and Usama will be retained. Mehran M will be included. Shaheen and Nasim will be rested for T20s

We should ideally have two separate squads one for home tours and one for away tours.

The home squad should be made up of domestic players who dominate on local pitches, while the away squad should feature players who’ve been playing in leagues abroad, like English county, big bash etc.. to handle foreign conditions better
That's honestly a fantastic idea.

This deserves potw. Like yeah? Why on earth doesn't pakistan do this? 😭

That's honestly a fantastic idea.

This deserves potw. Like yeah? Why on earth doesn't pakistan do this? 😭
This isn’t anything new.

If I remember right, in the 90s and 2000s, this was normal in Pakistan. Player greatness was all about how they did on away tours, and there was a lot of focus on picking the right players for those tours.

They actually analyzed which players fit which pitches. That all changed during the Misbah era when the same 11 players were plastered everywhere, no matter if it was Zimbabwe, Nepal, home, or away.

that's when the era of stat padding began by babar and co.

When in Rome (here), do as Romans do. Here goes

1. Imam ul Haq
2. Abdullah Shafique
3. Babar
4. Rizwan
5. Irfan Niazi
6. Abdul Samad
7. Salman Agha
8. Shaheen Afridi
9. Naseem Shah
10. Harris Rauf
11. Abrar Ahmed

12. Yasir Khan
13. Kamran Ghulam
14. Muhammad Ali
15. Haseebullah

Hooray I picked a squad that includes everyone’s favourites.

-Fans bhi happy
-Chairman sab bhi happy
-Agencies+Journalists bhi happy
+Misbah ki boothis bhi happy

What about precious:

IMG_3257.jpeg

Master can’t do without him

It appears from masala news that both Saud and Abrar will be dropped from ODI squad and Usama will be retained. Mehran M will be included. Shaheen and Nasim will be rested for T20s
Good that Saud has been dropped. He has no business in white ball Cricket.

Abrar must have not recovered yet.

Usama should've been dropped as well.

I don't mind Shaheen and Naseem resting in T20Is

T20Is

1. Mohammad Harris
2. Saim Ayub
3. Fakhar Zaman
4. Babar Azam (will bat at no. 3)
5. Salman Ali Agha
6. Tayyab Tahir
7. Haider Ali
8. Shadab Khan
9. Aamer Jamal
10. Shaheen Afridi
11. Naseem Shah
12. Haris Rauf
13. Zaman Khan
14. Mehran Mumtaz
15. Abrar Ahmed

I'm assuming Amir and Imad have retired from International Cricket again.
Be honest, you do want Rizwan in this squad don’t you?

Openers:

Sharjeel Khan
Fakhar Zaman
Saim Ayub

Top/Middle order:
Kamran Ghulam
Mo. Harris
Salman Agha
Saud Shakeel
Usman Khan

Lower Order:

Irfan Khan
Kushdil Shah
Aamir Jamaal
Asif Ali

Bowlers:

Hasnain
Mohammad Amir
Ihsanullah or two more similar bowlers who are about 6ft+ and don’t have any issue banging it in.
Naseem Shah - Dependent on his attitude
Noman Ali
Usama Mir

Just shooting with these names, feel free to update this, especially those who are up to date with the available resources but my criteria is as follows,

For the top order batters:

Must be good pullers and cutters of the ball, and be capable of striking above 100+

For the middle order:

Am looking for those who can play spin extremely well and strike between 90-100 minimum

Lower order:

Capable of striking at 120-130+ minimum

Bowlers:

Spinners; Am looking for control and strike options from my spin options so you need a solid offie who can hold his line and an aggressive leggie at the minimum

Fast bowlers; I want guys who are not afraid of hitting the deck and ideally are tall, if they don’t have the height, am looking for variation and a high bowling IQ more than whether or not you can swing/seam

Iftikhar the grey will return as Iftikhar the white before the champion’s trophy
I think he'll return as Iftikhar the dead? Tye dude is a 45 year old corpse now.

Barely had any reactions left

I think he'll return as Iftikhar the dead? Tye dude is a 45 year old corpse now.

Barely had any reactions left
If Aqib Javed is kicked out and Naqvi appoints someone who loves the Dosti Yaari culture,

He will return as Iftikhar the best friend

ODI:

1. Saim/Fakhar
2. Rizwan
3. Babar
4. Usman Khan
5. Salman
6. Ifthikhar (good in this format)
7. Haider Ali
8. Jahandad
9. Naseem
10. Kashif Bhatti/Mehran/Abrar
11. Hasnain

KG, Fakhar, Ahmed Daniyal, Qasim Akram

T20
1. Saim
2. Rizwan
3. Usman Khan
4. Salman Agha
5. Haider Ali
6. Abdul Samad
7. Asif Ali
8. Shaheen
9. Naseem
10. Mehran
11. Rauf

Hasnain, Usama Mir, Jahandad, batsman

ODI

Saim
Abdullah
Fakhar
Babar
Rizwan
Salman
Shadab
Jamal
Jehandad
Naseem
Hasnain

Bench: Shaheen, Haris, Saud, Ghulam

T20

Saim
Rizwan
Fakhar
Usman
Salman
Irfan Niazi
Shadab
Jehandad
Haris
Naseem
Shaheen

Bench: Minhas, Abdul Samad, Jamal, Hasnain

Two guys I’d like to see for sure: Hasnain and Tayyab.

Hasnain’s pace and bounce will be an asset in Aus. Tayyab has shown up domestically and I really think he could be a long term player for us.

ODI:

1. Fakhar
2. Babar
3. Saud S
4. Usman Khan
5. Salman Ali Agha (Captain)
6. Qasim Akram
7. Arafat Minhas
8. Jahandad
9. Naseem
10. Amir
11. Hasnain

KG, Shan M (done well in Aus), Ifti Chacha (done well in Australia), Sajid K, Rohail Nazir

T20
1. Saim
2. Rohail Nazir
3. Usman Khan
4. Salman Agha (Captain)
5. Haider Ali
6. Abdul Samad
7. Arafat Minhas
8. Shaheen
9. Naseem
10. Mehran
11. Rauf

Hasnain, Jahandad, Qasim Akram, Fakhar, Sufyan Muqeem

Give them both Australia series and Zim series. For Zim series drop Shaheen also.

Two guys I’d like to see for sure: Hasnain and Tayyab.

Hasnain’s pace and bounce will be an asset in Aus. Tayyab has shown up domestically and I really think he could be a long term player for us.
Tayyab has been hard done by. He should've been in the Asia Cup and World Cup. But the then management choose Saud because he played well in Test Cricket in Sri Lanka

Back