Energetic

First Class Captain
Runs
1. India
2. Bangladesh
3. Pakistan
4. England
5. Australia

The rest are embarassing especially Zimbabwe and New Zealand.

BEst as in number?

I always enjoyed watching a day night game in south Africa, there crowd is just marvelous

SA crowds aren't so bad, especially for T20 games and most times, for ODI's too.

I would say england has one of the worst crowds, they do turn up in big numbers but the atmostsphere is terrible as they're always sitting there so quietly.

#1. England
#2. Australia
#3. New Zealand
#4. India
#5. South Africa

Bangladeshi crowd reminds me of our dark 90s age. Its so damn awful. Pakistanis also have lost their mojo, i stopped rating them ever since they started bringing freakin' stuffed toys to the stadium. Good lord! :))) :facepalm:

Bangla crowd never appreciate when an opposition player plays a great stroke or bowls a great delivery. They are the worst "cricket" fans in the world. In fact, they are not actual "cricket" fans -- they are "Bangladesh" fans. Cricket is just an excuse.

Vey relevant thread especially after the fiasco of #Big3.
I'm afraid from now on the number of people present in a country's stadiums will be more important than what their team does on the field.

#1. England
#2. Australia
#3. New Zealand
#4. India
#5. South Africa

Bangladeshi crowd reminds me of our dark 90s age. Its so damn awful. Pakistanis also have lost their mojo, i stopped rating them ever since they started bringing freakin' stuffed toys to the stadium. Good lord! :))) :facepalm:

our team doesn't get to play at home, so don't blame us. If we could get a full stadium for a faysel bank t20 semi final, then wonder what would happened when an international team comes here

Numbers, liveliness, behaviour, sporting etc relating to crowds.

Currently:-

Top 3 test crowds - Eng, Aus and Ind.
Top 3 ODI crowds - Ind, Eng and Ban.
Top 3 T20 crowds - Ind, Aus and Ban.

Its hard to tell with Pakistan because they haven't hosted Cricket since 09 but historically they have always been between 1-4 hence I placed them at 3 overall.

Bangla crowd never appreciate when an opposition player plays a great stroke or bowls a great delivery. They are the worst "cricket" fans in the world. In fact, they are not actual "cricket" fans -- they are "Bangladesh" fans. Cricket is just an excuse.

To be fair, India are no different.

I guess they're just following their western neighbors #IndianBengal #Caluctta #EdenGradensPinDropSilence

our team doesn't get to play at home, so don't blame us. If we could get a full stadium for a faysel bank t20 semi final, then wonder what would happened when an international team comes here

I know that bro but bringing dolls and disney cartoons to cricket stadiums is downright disturbing. :danish

So Bangladeshi people didn't clap/applaud when Sachin scored 100 100? wow!!! if true.

I remember that ODI series India had with England last year, when India was for sure about to win the games, the Indian crowd were all smiling and dancing around. But when the opposition somehow beats India at home, the Indian crowd drop dead silence :))

I'd like to see the poll for Tests attendances. Barring England it's hardly decent.

Obviously England crowds are right up there but what makes them different compared to any other team is that their crowds appreciate the performances of the opposition. Don't forget when they hosted the Champions Trophy last year, most of the matches even with the teams that didn't involve the hosts, were pretty much packed.

The world cup in 11 apart from hosts were mostly empty.

You watch cricket for the crowds don't you?

England has good attendances but I don't particularly enjoy their crowds, Barmy aside (away matches) the crowd is boring and only have the 'yeahhhhhhhh' when something happens.

The windies crowd use to be fun when the stadiums were packed.

In terms of quantity, India, Bangladesh rank as the best.

In terms of quality, I rate Saffer, English and Kiwi crowd as the top ones. Indian fans in the stadium are probably the worst. Completely biased and never appreciate good cricket from the opposition.

India crowds are great. Bangladesh are great. PAK WAS great. UAE is decent in T20s only.

Why is India at No.1? Their crowds are terrible for Tests unless it's Australia or England they are playing.

My list would be:

Australia
England

Daylight

India (against OZ or England)
SA (only on sunny weekends where people can suntan)
Bangladesh (win or lose they tend to show up)
WI (if they combine it with free Red Stripe)

Daylight

NZ(Hobbits too cheap and want to spend money on rugby)
SL (too cheap)
Pakistan in UAE (10 people in the stadiums each day)

Everyone else

Obviously England crowds are right up there but what makes them different compared to any other team is that their crowds appreciate the performances of the opposition. Don't forget when they hosted the Champions Trophy last year, most of the matches even with the teams that didn't involve the hosts, were pretty much packed.

The world cup in 11 apart from hosts were mostly empty.

If you're talking about appreciation of the opposition Indian crowds should be at the bottom of the list. You can hear a pin drop when the opposition score a boundary.

In Ashes 2010-11 Barmy Army outnumbered Oz crowd by a big margin on everyday once Australia started to lose/perform badly.

For me it's only England. They turn up in large number no matter what.

SA crowd is the best, they turn up in big numbers for LOI's. Even for neutral games, be it Wcup 2003 or T20 Champions in '07. Even the IPL was received with much fanfare in '09.

For tests, Eng and Aus are obvious. India gets good crowds in for tests only in some places like Chepauk/Wankhede/Eden and even Chinnaswami sometimes.

Englands crowds are quite rude to visiting teams, booing players and the drunken barmy army can also teeter on vulgar. I lost a lot of respect for the barmy army after watching htem at a match where they spoilt the match for the spectators sitting around them with drunken boorish behavoir.

Pakistani crowd in England was something special. I remember watching the t20 wc they were very loud and energetic (no pun intended).

Indian crowds are the worst..

SL, Aus, Sa and NZ ones are the best imo

Okay! so based on all these viewpoints here, England have the best overall crowds. Number wise, clearly India. Unsporting crowds - India and Bangladesh. Best test crowds - England and Australia. Lively crowds - India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and West Indies. Neutrals - South Africa...

Okay! so based on all these viewpoints here, England have the best overall crowds. Number wise, clearly India. Unsporting crowds - India and Bangladesh. Best test crowds - England and Australia. Lively crowds - India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and West Indies. Neutrals - South Africa...

No you have that wrong, if you look at the viewpoints posted here SA and Australia have better overall crowds than England.

I would say england has one of the worst crowds, they do turn up in big numbers but the atmostsphere is terrible as they're always sitting there so quietly.

Come watch a game at Edgbaston

To OP,
India at No 1 for best crowd?

Reminds me of the dhoti and underwear burning ritual by the entire Indian crowd when they see the enivtable defeat.

Indian crowds are boring and predictable, no real changes in tempo just mindless shouting over any indian 4's and 6's and then dead silence after a wicket, you could record one crowd and play it back game after game.

The complete lack of respect for the game itself is there as well, the ovations and genuine affection given to lara and tendy in places like australia and england would never be reciprocated for overseas greats playing in india.

Barring the Ashes the Australian attendances have been disappointing.

If you include domestics Australia has had over a million people attending cricket each summer for the past 5-6 years

The stadiums have massive capacities (even Lord's is only 3/4s of the size of the Gabba) which make crowds look smaller

Last edited:
really, have you ever checked.

750,000 the year before which is unbelievable for such a small population.

How many people turned up at the WACA for ponting's farewell test?

The attendance in Australia barring the Ashes has been quite disappointing.

How many people turned up at the WACA for ponting's farewell test?

The attendance in Australia barring the Ashes has been quite disappointing.

If you don't include Ashes test matches, the WACA averages 13,000 people per day.

Which is decent considering the capacity. Not far short of the 'massive crowd' in Centurion yesterday.

If you don't include Ashes test matches, the WACA averages 13,000 people per day.

Which is decent considering the capacity. Not far short of the 'massive crowd' in Centurion yesterday.

The crowd at SS park yesterday was decent, not massive.

But no one was retiring yesterday, one of Australia's finest Batsman was retiring, you expect a better crowd that what we saw at the WACA, kind of like the crowd that showed up at Durban for Kallis's retirement.

The attendance for both SA and AUS are similar in a sense that not a lot of people turn up for Tests, but ODI's and T20 matches are attended by most people.

Although Australia has the advantage of having the Ashes.

The crowd at SS park yesterday was decent, not massive.

But no one was retiring yesterday, one of Australia's finest Batsman was retiring, you expect a better crowd that what we saw at the WACA, kind of like the crowd that showed up at Durban for Kallis's retirement.

Good crowds for the first three days at the WACA and the tickets for day 4 were $35 for a concession ticket to sit in the grassbank (cheaper seats).

At the time the Australian dollar was stronger than the American dollar so that's a massive amount.

The attendance for both SA and AUS are similar in a sense that not a lot of people turn up for Tests, but ODI's and T20 matches are attended by most people.

Although Australia has the advantage of having the Ashes.

You must be kidding yourself, I dont think anyone else is fooled.

Bangladesh has the best crowd. India has lost its mojo, probably due to tons of IPL and 24/7 cricket channels. I don't know why people are bashing the Bangladeshi fans for not being a "cricket" friendly crowd. Bangladesh is still a weaker team, when they lose its another loss , they become frustrated. If Bangladesh were to be a much more stronger team then it would have been a different story.

from personal experience;

best crowd - england

worst crowd - pakistan

the crowds in rawalpindi and lahore were some of the worst that i've ever seen, their behaviour needs to improve quickly. best crowd has always been in england

Cricket Australia extends its thanks to the 80,473 supporters who attended Day 1 of the Domain Boxing Day Test between Australia and New Zealand today – the largest ever crowd for a day of Test cricket between the two nations.

Today’s attendance at the Melbourne Cricket Ground was the second largest Day 1 crowd at a Boxing Day Test for a non-Ashes fixture – behind only the 85,661 who turned out to watch Australia play the West Indies in 1975-76. Over all, it’s the sixth highest Day 1 Boxing Day Test crowd at the MCG including Ashes Tests.

The previous Day 1 record for an Australia-New Zealand Test at the MCG was 51,087 in 1987/88.

Cricket Australia CEO Kevin Roberts said the huge crowd at the MCG spoke to the popularity and vibrancy of Test cricket in both Australia and New Zealand.

“Thanks so much to the Australian and New Zealand fans who made history at the MCG today,” Roberts said.

“The atmosphere was brilliant from ball one and reflective of the great rivalry between our two nations on the field, and the close relationship we have off it.

“We can’t wait to be back at the MCG on March 8 next year, as we seek to eclipse today’s crowd at the Final of the ICC T20 World Cup Australia 2020 on International Women’s Day.”

====

EM2syTyVUAMO_AS

EM8AluDU4AAe9da

Cricket Australia extends its thanks to the 80,473 supporters who attended Day 1 of the Domain Boxing Day Test between Australia and New Zealand today – the largest ever crowd for a day of Test cricket between the two nations.

Today’s attendance at the Melbourne Cricket Ground was the second largest Day 1 crowd at a Boxing Day Test for a non-Ashes fixture – behind only the 85,661 who turned out to watch Australia play the West Indies in 1975-76. Over all, it’s the sixth highest Day 1 Boxing Day Test crowd at the MCG including Ashes Tests.

The previous Day 1 record for an Australia-New Zealand Test at the MCG was 51,087 in 1987/88.

Cricket Australia CEO Kevin Roberts said the huge crowd at the MCG spoke to the popularity and vibrancy of Test cricket in both Australia and New Zealand.

“Thanks so much to the Australian and New Zealand fans who made history at the MCG today,” Roberts said.

“The atmosphere was brilliant from ball one and reflective of the great rivalry between our two nations on the field, and the close relationship we have off it.

“We can’t wait to be back at the MCG on March 8 next year, as we seek to eclipse today’s crowd at the Final of the ICC T20 World Cup Australia 2020 on International Women’s Day.”

====

EM2syTyVUAMO_AS

EM8AluDU4AAe9da

[MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] - Where is Pakistan in this ?? Aren't they the best draw in Australia.

I may be wrong, but i think the kiwi fans contributed to the record breaking crowd numbers.

new zealand gained alot of cricket fans in the 2015 world cup as will as in this years world cup.

[MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] - Where is Pakistan in this ?? Aren't they the best draw in Australia.

It says boxing day.

Read it carefully.

Our boxing day match was interrupted by rain so not many people turned up.

But our pink ball test in 2016 did really well.

Back