Which country has the best fast bowling talent?

Mcgrath

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
For the future? I say it's Australia ( might be biased), Pakistan would have been there if Amir was there. Australia have Cummins, Pattinson, Starc( very raw) and guys like Cutting, Coulter-Nile waiting their turn. Let's see what others think, and by the way a fast bowler has to be able to bowl atleast 145 kph so no praveen "mcgrath" kumar :yk

Last edited:
Well clearly Pakistan don't have fast bowling talent because according to Darren Gough on Talksport yesterday, Cheema wouldn't make any county eleven...

Yep right now Aussies have the most potential. Will be really interesting to watch the next Ashes, if Australia can sort out their batting problems I think they might get the better of the poms.

Well clearly Pakistan don't have fast bowling talent because according to Darren Gough on Talksport yesterday, Cheema wouldn't make any county eleven...

Cheema is a trundler, Expected better from pakistan :junaid

pak have wahab and talha who are 145kph plus. Junaid can crank it up too.

:azhar

Yea as if the county circuit is full of superstars. To be honest Cheema seems a little too one dimensional and would prefer Junaid instead.

Out of the Top 3 Fast bowlers in the current Ind-Aus series, 2 are from India.

Only Pattinson was quicker than Yadav and Ishant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheema is a trundler, Expected better from pakistan :junaid

Didn't see any of the English batsmen smashing him around :)
also wasn't Cheema the fastest of all the bowlers on show?

Anyway all your Aussie upcoming bowlers are untested and won't be until they tour the subcontinent! Let's see their speeds then shall we?
Bowling 145k in England and Australia is one thing, let's see them perform on slow, spinning tracks where it really matters!!

Mcgrath sorry to say it but only a handful of true world quality pacers have been ppduced by your country others have all failed miserably in the sub continent..

^Aussie pacers adapt a lot better compared to the English ones to be fair. Pattinson and Cummins will be a handful on most pitches I would think not so much Starc.

Didn't see any of the English batsmen smashing him around :)
also wasn't Cheema the fastest of all the bowlers on show?

Anyway all your Aussie upcoming bowlers are untested and won't be until they tour the subcontinent! Let's see their speeds then shall we?
Bowling 145k in England and Australia is one thing, let's see them perform on slow, spinning tracks where it really matters!!

I bet this guy mcGrath didn't even watch a single delivery that Cheema bowled.

Cheema is actually pretty decent. He was consistently bowling in upper 135 K's and some were over 140k's. He is doing this on dead UAE pitches.

I did not see Anderson or The Giant Trundler touching 135k. They were mostly bowling in low to mid 120's.

Cheema is quicker than Gul too.

Aussies and Saffers. England have some good talent in the county circuit coming through aswell.

Cheema is actually pretty decent. He was consistently bowling in upper 135 K's and some were over 140k's. He is doing this on dead UAE pitches.

I did not see Anderson or The Giant Trundler touching 135k. They were mostly bowling in low to mid 120's.

He was pretty nippy but I don't think he has the x factor that someone like Junaid brings.

Cheema troubled even left handers.

Pace is OVERRATED.

McGrath wasn't Pacy BOWLER.

^Aussie pacers adapt a lot better compared to the English ones to be fair. Pattinson and Cummins will be a handful on most pitches I would think not so much Starc.

I don't agree..

Mcgrath was quality everywhere he played as were one or two others. Lee was superb because he could reverse it.

Other then that you can't say many of them have been great and as for upcoming bowlers, how good were they in Sri Lanka recently??

I think a true test will be when they play on slow tracks not on the quicker, bouncier Aussie tracks where even Cheema would probably hit close to even higher them 150kmh..

you must be kidding me, siddle can bowl 148-150 kph, can show you clips if you desire so... ishant is a trundler.

Mcgrath sorry to say it but only a handful of true world quality pacers have been ppduced by your country others have all failed miserably in the sub continent..

lol, thats great to know. mcgrath averages 21 in India, gillespie averages 21 which is hardly failing miserably.. amazing with all these poor players we have been the best visiting team in the world.

you must be kidding me, siddle can bowl 148-150 kph, can show you clips if you desire so... ishant is a trundler.

Bowling an odd ball at 148K's hardly means fast bowler. Does Siddle bowl at that pace consistently?

I would like some one to post the Average speeds of Bowlers in the current series.

Not sure about Aussies, but Indian bowlers should be close to 142-143k's on an average.

Calling some one who consistently bowls over 140 a trundler is a joke.

Even Dale Steyn only bowls around 145k's on an average. Is he a trundler too?

I don't agree..

Mcgrath was quality everywhere he played as were one or two others. Lee was superb because he could reverse it.

Other then that you can't say many of them have been great and as for upcoming bowlers, how good were they in Sri Lanka recently??

I think a true test will be when they play on slow tracks not on the quicker, bouncier Aussie tracks where even Cheema would probably hit close to even higher them 150kmh..

check what harris did in sri lanka.. also siddle in the only test he played. none of upcoming guys played in sri lanka.

I don't agree..

Gillespie also.

this thread is about up and coming fast bowlers, don't derail thread by posting crap about record of past bowlers... Pakistanis have great fast bowling pedigree and so do Australians..

Overall it has to be Australia currently they have a couple very promising bowlers.

Bowling an odd ball at 148K's hardly means fast bowler. Does Siddle bowl at that pace consistently?

I would like some one to post the Average speeds of Bowlers in the current series.

Not sure about Aussies, but Indian bowlers should be close to 142-143k's on an average.

Calling some one who consistently bowls over 140 a trundler is a joke.

Even Dale Steyn only bowls around 145k's on an average. Is he a trundler too?

atleast steyn gets wickets, tall and mighty ishant can't buy a wicket on bowling friendly pitches.

this thread is about up and coming fast bowlers, don't derail thread by posting crap about record of past bowlers... Pakistanis have great fast bowling pedigree and so do Australians..

South Africa are up there also.

FFS :facepalm: One decent series and suddenly they're all the best bowlers in the world.

South Africa: Steyn, Morkel, Phillander, Tstobelele, Parnell

England: Anderson, Broad, Bresnan, Finn, Tremlett, Meaker, Onions.

Keep in mind Pattison, Cummins, Starcs wickets put together don't even reach half that of Andersons or Steyns.

The only nations who I can honestly see consistently producing Fast bowling talent for the future are the big three who always have:

Aus, Pak and SA in no paticular order

Right now Aus is looking like the leader of the pack with Cummins, Pattinson and Starc

Although Pakistans and arguably crickets best bowler of the future is locked up in a prison, we still have Wahab, Talha and Junaid (who cranked it up to 91mph during county) with a few quicks coming through the u-19 ranks

SA with that DeLange and a few others in domestic according to Alan Donald

Other nations might have the odd quick bowler right now but let's see them produce quicks consistently over a long period before they are added to the same list.

pakistan need to play junaid instead of cheema, even if cheema isn't a trundler junaid looks way better.

100% agree as he will trouble the left handers and if he has improved from Sri Lanka series he will be a real handful or could end up being pretty average as he is coming back from injury.

Australia > Pakistan > South Africa = England.

South Africans too come up with great fast bowlers generally, quite under-rated imo, would have put West Indies too somewhere, but you mentioned 'future', so... :holding

South Africa are up there also.

true, philander looks really good and heard de lange is decent as well, any idea about their speeds? Note to trolls: This thread was specifically made to discuss up and coming bowlers who can bowl atleast 145 kph.

Australia > Pakistan > South Africa = England.

South Africans too come up with great fast bowlers generally, quite under-rated imo, would have put West Indies too somewhere, but you mentioned 'future', so... :holding

Quite sad when you think about it, Grew up watching the likes of Ambrose and Bishop and tapes of Garner, Holding, Marshall.. and now you have darren sammy :facepalm:

Steven Finn is just as good as Pattison, if not more proven at the top level.

Starc and Meaker are about the same level.

Pat cummins has played 1 test match.

true, philander looks really good and heard de lange is decent as well, any idea about their speeds? Note to trolls: This thread was specifically made to discuss up and coming bowlers who can bowl atleast 145 kph.

delange can bowl 145+, philander is on the slightly indian side though

I don't think the 145kph really is an issue. Main thing is whether they are wickets takers so even 135kph is fine if wickets are being taken.

I don't think the 145kph really is an issue. Main thing is whether they are wickets takers so even 135kph is fine if wickets are being taken.

true, I would rather have mcgrath at 135 kph taking wickets instead of sami at 150 kph but I like fast bowlers who are quick.

I don't think there is any genuine test express bowler who can maintain 150+ last two were Akhtar and Lee.

Australia by far. They have some really good, fast young guns coming up. Also you missed Hazelwood, who is injured at the moment, but was even ahead of cummins, pattinson in the pecking order. Also in the ongoing test series, each test match aussies have been holding pace camps in different cities, where they measure speeds of young bowlers, some real fast guys coming through.

Australia by a country mile (considering you asked about future talent): Pattinson is a beauty to watch, though he does have to prove himself outside home. If Amer and Asif were still around, I wouldn't have hesitated and said Pakistan was up there too, but that's sadly not the case. Those guys handled a cricket ball more sweetly than a man could kiss his missus.

Wahab, Junaid, Talha, Cheema etc are great talents, but the reality is Pakistan's bowling has undergone a philosophical shift; from the aggressive, passionate toe-crunching pace of the last few decades to the intricate and suffocating webs of spin wrought by its conjurers.

I suppose history will be the judge of which approach was more successful.

With regards to other teams, Saffers as usual have a quality pace attack and England too aren't far behind in the pack, though a true pace bowler should be able to knock over a wicket in any condition and this is perhaps where they're lacking.

In any case, pace bowling is going through a bit of a lull at the moment; hope to see it back. Cricket ain't the same without it. At the moment though, the Aussies take the medal.

Australia by a country mile (considering you asked about future talent): Pattinson is a beauty to watch, though he does have to prove himself outside home. If Amer and Asif were still around, I wouldn't have hesitated and said Pakistan was up there too, but that's sadly not the case. Those guys handled a cricket ball more sweetly than a man could kiss his missus.

Wahab, Junaid, Talha, Cheema etc are great talents, but the reality is Pakistan's bowling has undergone a philosophical shift; from the aggressive, passionate toe-crunching pace of the last few decades to the intricate and suffocating webs of spin wrought by its conjurers.

I suppose history will be the judge of which approach was more successful.

With regards to other teams, Saffers as usual have a quality pace attack and England too aren't far behind in the pack, though a true pace bowler should be able to knock over a wicket in any condition and this is perhaps where they're lacking.

In any case, pace bowling is going through a bit of a lull at the moment; hope to see it back. Cricket ain't the same without it. At the moment though, the Aussies take the medal.
The best combo was wasim, waqar plus saqlain. Pakistan just isn't the same without their great fast bowlers.

As a pakistani, I am actually more excited to see the likes of Pattinson and Starc develop into great bowlers. I didn't get a chance to see Cummins but from what I hear he is also a good prospect. However, I was really impressed with Pattinson and especially Starc during the aus-ind series. So, things are looking good for australia in the bowling department.

Pakistan is most likely next in line. Junaid, Wahab, Talha, and hopefully Amir if he can come back like he was 17 again.

The best combo was wasim, waqar plus saqlain. Pakistan just isn't the same without their great fast bowlers.

Or one could argue that now the emphasis has shifted on the team performing as a unit, rather than individually outstanding bowlers.

Aussies have some awesome talent emerging in the seam department but it's such a shame they seem to be injured every other game! :akhtar

Aussies have some awesome talent emerging in the seam department but it's such a shame they seem to be injured every other game! :akhtar

lol, don't worry it's our new rotation policy so without dropping players we can give other fast bowlers a chance :yk

:azhar

Yea as if the county circuit is full of superstars. To be honest Cheema seems a little too one dimensional and would prefer Junaid instead.

Junaid is not one dimensional? Take a close look at his wrist position. Ask him to bring the ball back into right hander!

Australia seems have got few gems out of no where... Lets see how they perform on dead wickets

I think it is pakistan, it's a matter of time before Pakistan starts getting the fast bowlers.

Indian fast bowler is an oxymoron I reckon

Australia - Cummins, Pattinson
SA - Steyn, Morkel
WI - Edwards, Roach - They are inconsistent I know but they have the talent
Eng - Finn
Pak - They will produce one soon.

I must have been watching a different series then.

Code:
Bowling Statistics after 3 Tests

Player			Mts	 O	 M	 R	 W	 Best	 5w	 10w	 Avg	 S/R	 E/R
Hilfenhaus, B W (AUS)	3	 134.5	 37	 368	 23	 5/75	 2	 0	 16.00	 35.17	 2.74
Starc, M A (AUS)	1	 24.2	 7	 70	 4	 2/31	 0	 0	 17.50	 36.50	 2.89
Siddle, P M (AUS)	3	 95	 22	 333	 17	 3/42	 0	 0	 19.59	 33.53	 3.51
Clarke, M J (AUS)	3	 9	 0	 22	 1	 1/22	 0	 0	 22.00	 54.00	 2.44
Pattinson, J L (AUS)	2	 75	 15	 257	 11	 4/43	 0	 0	 23.36	 40.91	 3.43
Zaheer Khan, (IND)	3	 103	 17	 343	 12	 4/77	 0	 0	 28.58	 51.50	 3.33
Yadav, U (IND)	 	3	 87	 13	 392	 12	 5/93	 1	 0	 32.67	 43.50	 4.51
Harris, R J (AUS)	1	 34	 9	 67	 2	 1/33	 0	 0	 33.50	 102.00	 1.97
Vinay Kumar, R (IND)	1	 13	 0	 73	 1	 1/73	 0	 0	 73.00	 78.00	 5.62
Ashwin, R (IND)	 	2	 95	 12	 298	 4	 3/81	 0	 0	 74.50	 142.50	 3.14
Sharma, I (IND)	 	3	 87.3	 9	 324	 4	 2/43	 0	 0	 81.00	 131.25	 3.71
Lyon, N M (AUS)	 	2	 50.5	 4	 180	 2	 1/25	 0	 0	 90.00	 152.50	 3.56
Sehwag, V (IND)	 	3	 32.2	 1	 102	 1	 1/20	 0	 0	 102.00	 194.00	 3.17
Kohli, V (IND)	 	3	 8	 0	 23	 0	  	 0	 0	  	  	 2.88
Warner, D A (AUS)	3	 2	 0	 8	 0	  	 0	 0	  	  	 4.00
Hussey, M E K (AUS)	3	 11	 0	 31	 0	  	 0	 0	  	  	 2.82

Or one could argue that now the emphasis has shifted on the team performing as a unit, rather than individually outstanding bowlers.

Quite true, have never seen this unity in any Pakistan side, maybe the 99 world cup side as :waqar was sidelined by :wasim and was only picked against minnows what an insult to the great man, but then again it was the emergence of another great fast bowler :akhtar

:akhtar arrival and those sharjah matches were so enjoyable. Miss the good ol days, cricket just lost its spice now!

I heard some good things about this Cheema and am anxious to see him. Apparently he's your next great offspinner after Irfan Pathan?

I must have been watching a different series then.

Code:
Bowling Statistics after 3 Tests

Player			Mts	 O	 M	 R	 W	 Best	 5w	 10w	 Avg	 S/R	 E/R
Hilfenhaus, B W (AUS)	3	 134.5	 37	 368	 23	 5/75	 2	 0	 16.00	 35.17	 2.74
Starc, M A (AUS)	1	 24.2	 7	 70	 4	 2/31	 0	 0	 17.50	 36.50	 2.89
Siddle, P M (AUS)	3	 95	 22	 333	 17	 3/42	 0	 0	 19.59	 33.53	 3.51
Clarke, M J (AUS)	3	 9	 0	 22	 1	 1/22	 0	 0	 22.00	 54.00	 2.44
Pattinson, J L (AUS)	2	 75	 15	 257	 11	 4/43	 0	 0	 23.36	 40.91	 3.43
Zaheer Khan, (IND)	3	 103	 17	 343	 12	 4/77	 0	 0	 28.58	 51.50	 3.33
Yadav, U (IND)	 	3	 87	 13	 392	 12	 5/93	 1	 0	 32.67	 43.50	 4.51
Harris, R J (AUS)	1	 34	 9	 67	 2	 1/33	 0	 0	 33.50	 102.00	 1.97
Vinay Kumar, R (IND)	1	 13	 0	 73	 1	 1/73	 0	 0	 73.00	 78.00	 5.62
Ashwin, R (IND)	 	2	 95	 12	 298	 4	 3/81	 0	 0	 74.50	 142.50	 3.14
[B]Sharma, I (IND)	 	3	 87.3	 9	 324	 4	 2/43	 0	 0	 81.00	 131.25	 3.71[/B]
Lyon, N M (AUS)	 	2	 50.5	 4	 180	 2	 1/25	 0	 0	 90.00	 152.50	 3.56
Sehwag, V (IND)	 	3	 32.2	 1	 102	 1	 1/20	 0	 0	 102.00	 194.00	 3.17
Kohli, V (IND)	 	3	 8	 0	 23	 0	  	 0	 0	  	  	 2.88
Warner, D A (AUS)	3	 2	 0	 8	 0	  	 0	 0	  	  	 4.00
Hussey, M E K (AUS)	3	 11	 0	 31	 0	  	 0	 0	  	  	 2.82

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah :yk and some people were saying this bloke was going to end Punter's :don career.

wow such extra-ORDINARY Strike rates by those indian PHAAAST bowlers :akhtar

they even beat :afridi's batting S/R of 110 in ODI's :afridi

Cheema is the victim of the cold, very conservative Management Period (Captain, Selectors, Board) of Pakistan cricket. At official 32, he is clocking constantly over 140+KM in UAE desert & one of the Bangladeshi batsmen told me that Aizaz seems to hit the bat, rather than other way round, after pitching even on these dead slow Mirpur tracks. He can swing the ball & I am sure, from his slingy action, he was clocking over 150KM occasionally, when he was 23. Still his average pace is better than most other Fast bowlers, even excluding deliberate slowers.

Inzi, the great player that he had been, was one of the most defensive & loyalist (I don't think he was biased) person as a captain - didn't allow many new comers. Since Imran he was probably the most powerful Captain, but used to rely on his own group & may be from his re-identified Islamic beliefs (Well, I have senior pals, who knew Inzi since '91-'92), had a preference of players, for their off the field life style. I think Butt was the only youngster during a period of '03-'07, that made into the Pak team regularly, whereas Pak won 2004 & 06 U-19 WC during these period & hardly any (or none) of those boys made it during Inzi's time.

Still, I think, Sami is the Fastest bowler in contemporary bowlers, purely for pace. I am sure, Rauf was much faster to have that sort of FC record in his 20s, Cheema was definitely FAST, there was another guy (Fahad Mashud, I guess) - the keeper was jumping to glove this lifters, still rising on dead tracks, I think Irshad was as fast as any one & there must be few others who can clock 150 KM occasionally, even on dead surface. Even, I have seen Mashrafee clocking 147KM; but yes, 155+ KM are different breed, born once in a generation.

I don't think ever there 'll be any short of Fast bowlers in Pakistan. Pace bowling is just not about what the Speed Gun telling, there is shoulder & wrist in it as well. If you bowl Fast, you 'll go for runs & unfortunately, in last few years, for the depth (or lack of it) of batting, every Pak Captain was very defensive to concede easy boundaries & I felt bowlers were instructed not to unleash pace. Also, I feel Aaquib is a very good bowling coach, but he is more of an English Condition Coach - line, length & discipline - 'll not encourage tearaway, but wayward raw pace. I watched Waquar being hammered away by Aussie batsmen in '89-'90 WSC, but Imran was pushing him for more pace. Within six months he got the control & went to Sharjha in April '90 & then to Surrey.

There is a fundamental difference between Pak Fast bowlers & Aussie or Proteus fast blowers - they bowl in different length. For the hard & scratchy tracks, Southern hemisphere fast bowlers try to hit the deck, while the Pak bowlers try to beat in air for the sort of horrible tracks they play. No one can bowl better, faster & lethal than Pak bowlers with the old ball, but since WW, I have seen Pak bowlers struggling to bowl Fast with the new ball. By the way, how Fast is is the current U-19 bowlers?

Cheema is the victim of the cold, very conservative Management Period (Captain, Selectors, Board) of Pakistan cricket. At official 32, he is clocking constantly over 140+KM in UAE desert & one of the Bangladeshi batsmen told me that Aizaz seems to hit the bat, rather than other way round, after pitching even on these dead slow Mirpur tracks. He can swing the ball & I am sure, from his slingy action, he was clocking over 150KM occasionally, when he was 23. Still his average pace is better than most other Fast bowlers, even excluding deliberate slowers.

Inzi, the great player that he had been, was one of the most defensive & loyalist (I don't think he was biased) person as a captain - didn't allow many new comers. Since Imran he was probably the most powerful Captain, but used to rely on his own group & may be from his re-identified Islamic beliefs (Well, I have senior pals, who knew Inzi since '91-'92), had a preference of players, for their off the field life style. I think Butt was the only youngster during a period of '03-'07, that made into the Pak team regularly, whereas Pak won 2004 & 06 U-19 WC during these period & hardly any (or none) of those boys made it during Inzi's time.

Still, I think, Sami is the Fastest bowler in contemporary bowlers, purely for pace. I am sure, Rauf was much faster to have that sort of FC record in his 20s, Cheema was definitely FAST, there was another guy (Fahad Mashud, I guess) - the keeper was jumping to glove this lifters, still rising on dead tracks, I think Irshad was as fast as any one & there must be few others who can clock 150 KM occasionally, even on dead surface. Even, I have seen Mashrafee clocking 147KM; but yes, 155+ KM are different breed, born once in a generation.

I don't think ever there 'll be any short of Fast bowlers in Pakistan. Pace bowling is just not about what the Speed Gun telling, there is shoulder & wrist in it as well. If you bowl Fast, you 'll go for runs & unfortunately, in last few years, for the depth (or lack of it) of batting, every Pak Captain was very defensive to concede easy boundaries & I felt bowlers were instructed not to unleash pace. Also, I feel Aaquib is a very good bowling coach, but he is more of an English Condition Coach - line, length & discipline - 'll not encourage tearaway, but wayward raw pace. I watched Waquar being hammered away by Aussie batsmen in '89-'90 WSC, but Imran was pushing him for more pace. Within six months he got the control & went to Sharjha in April '90 & then to Surrey.

There is a fundamental difference between Pak Fast bowlers & Aussie or Proteus fast blowers - they bowl in different length. For the hard & scratchy tracks, Southern hemisphere fast bowlers try to hit the deck, while the Pak bowlers try to beat in air for the sort of horrible tracks they play. No one can bowl better, faster & lethal than Pak bowlers with the old ball, but since WW, I have seen Pak bowlers struggling to bowl Fast with the new ball. By the way, how Fast is is the current U-19 bowlers?

Spot on :afridi. Unfortunately the preference from all out/tear away/phaar do jaake type bowlers to line and length/Rao Iftikhar/Workmen like Medium pacers started with Inzi and Woolmer and has continued since.

When given a chance to bowl on fast bouncy/green pitches....then if Cheema doesnt bowl well.....then and only then we can count him out!

Give the guy a break, hes been given a chance and hes making the most of it, lets see how he performs on English/Aus/SA wickets.

Wahab Riaz and Mohammed Amir added up to a lot on their own...sadly neither of them are in favour at the moment, for varying reasons.

Finn and Broad are good. Finn now aims to bowl full, straight and at ninety miles per hour. If he learns to control the express pace more consistently, he can lead the attack. Broad meanwhile bowls an off-stump line on a fullish length, at high eighties sometimes ninety. He is more experienced than Finn and thus more accurate, often getting movement away from the batsman that can make the difference. Two fine wicket-taking bowlers.

Aussies and Saffers win it though. Pattinson is a gun, Starc could become what Johnno should have been, and Cummins had the best debut I've ever seen for a bowler.

The youngish Saffer guys bowl in the corridor and take wickets, they will surely succeed in non-Asian conditions around the world, though you can never tell RE the subcontinent.

Last edited:
i would give it just ahead to the saffers. Actual fast bowling by them is always fast and in your face. Always impressed.

Australia seems have got few gems out of no where... Lets see how they perform on dead wickets

Well they arent going to play on many dead wickets are they?

I understand the see how they go on dead wickets idea but it is a little discriminatory to our bowlers. We just played in SL so we wont tour there again for half a decade, i dont think we play in the UAE for a long time yet, WI wont count because they are rubbish, same for the Desh.

We play in India in 18 months, the country where we are historically the worst, and our bowlers will get rated on that only, which is a little unfair IMO.

To the OP, the answer is South Africa and whichever country the English team represent these days. We have some promising young quicks but they are babies, they could lose form or get injured and do nothing in Test cricket.

SA attack gets wickets on all kinds of pitches.

English and Aus attack need green pitches to make any impact.

Saffers and England , IMO.
Would like to see Finn playing more tests , did pretty well against India on batting friendly pitches.

I think it's South Africa. The pair of Steyn & Morkel is the most potent fast bowling pair currently.
IMO these are some upcoming 145k+ bowlers with the most potential:
SA - Steyn, Morkel
Aus - Patto
Eng - Finn
Ind - Yadav
WI - Edwards

I would plave South Africa on top of the pile, closely followed by Australia.

A token mention for the young Andrew Milne from New Zealand, the boy brings speed at a very young age.

Australia
Saffers
England

rest of the them have one or two good bowlers, but they don't have good resources

Australia seem to have found some great talen in cummins, pattison and starc. I liked that starc spoke to wasim about swinging the ball in to the right handers and his Wrist position. He will be better than johnson if he can continue to improve and remain consistent.

I remeber in the u18 wc a few years ago or was it last year? Australia had a bowler i think his name was harewood or something like that, reminded me a lot of mcgrath, not that fast, but had very good accuracy. It was the tournament where pak v aus in the final and had players like raza hasan, hammad azam and abdul qadir son.

Regards yadav, i think we need to see him bowl elsewhere before we make a judgement on him, as we've seen with indian bowlers before, getting hyped in australia and then falling away.

Last edited:
For your information, let me tell you, we also have lots of upcoming fast bowlers in India as well. But, as far as quality is concerned who can play international cricket are - Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron and Ishant(who is struggling at the moment with his rhythm).

But, in domestic circuit, there are bowlers like Rahul Shukla who is also out and out fast but he has only played 3-4 domestic matches. Then we have Shami Ahmed and Abu Nechim, they both are 140+. Shami Ahmed has impressed me a lot. He seems like a natural pace bowler to me. High arm action and good physique.

Last edited:
When we talk about fast bowlers, we should look for 1 thing which is very important that if a bowler is a natural pacer or not and his physique. Most of the bowlers can bowl 140-ish for 4-5 games. That doesn't mean he can go on like this forever or he is a genuine pacer. Like Vinay kumar or Junaid Khan. They are naturally 130-135 kind of bowlers but can sometimes crank it upto 140. So, there is nothing to get excited about that.

Well i hope pak produces a good pacer very soon because we need someone with pace right now we are stuck with cheema:(.I have heard a lot of good things about u19 pacer zia ul haq i have high hopes from him

I dont think any team has good fast bowlers

Anyione around and over 155kph is fast

145kph is fast medium and I dont care about that

Back