Who in their right mind would work for PCB?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
This is the statement on Social Media by Mohammad Hafeez:

I always Prioritise and represented Pakistan with dignity and Pride. I accepted the new role as a Director pcb with great passion to make positive reforms but Unfortunately my designated tenure which was offered by the PCB, for 4 years was cut short for 2 months on the account of New chairmanship.

Best wishes for Pakistan cricket future. As always, I foremost take responsibility and put myself accountable for all my executions in my given time and will accordingly reveal all the cricketing and other amateur non cricketing facts which ensue bad performances. Stay tuned…

==

First Mickey Arthur was made Team Director, by Najam Sethi and then sacked to get Zaka's guy in, and now the new Admin have come and thrown out Hafeez.

Who in their right mind would want to work for PCB? Why would anyone give up their job, opportunities etc to take this role on?

People like Hafeez, Misbah, Waqar, Amir Sohail, Mohammed Yousuf along with many others.

People who complain all day long about processes but forget their complaints when they come into the system.

People who are happy to shaft others but cry when they get shafted themselves.

There is a long list of people.

The PCB are like a wind wane.

You can tell which party is the establishment's favourite child of the day in Pakistan by looking at the leader. From Zaka Ashraf to Najam Sethi to Ramiz Raja to whoever else.

Environment seems way too unstable and toxic.

Not a great environment for anyone to work effectively.

Mohsin Naqvi has a policy of bringing back foreign coaches, so I think we will soon see some new coaching staff.

People like Hafeez, Misbah, Waqar, Amir Sohail, Mohammed Yousuf along with many others.

People who complain all day long about processes but forget their complaints when they come into the system.

People who are happy to shaft others but cry when they get shafted themselves.

There is a long list of people.

Yet none of these people are in any sort of demand out of Pakistan. This tells us a lot.

Paisa Phenk Tamasha dekh with Pakistani officials. Offer the right package and everyone will happily work with the PCB.

I would imagine now would be the time to work for the PCB. You have a chairman now who is secure in his position for 3 years. Likely whoever is picked will get those full 3 years, barring any major meltdown.

Who wouldn’t?

Sign a contract for 3 years, get sacked by the new chairman mid way through your contract, enjoy life in Dubai whilst PCB pays out the remaining amount.

Someone who needs a stepping stone to get into coaching, management etc in cricket.

If you can survive in the Wild West that is PCB, you can thrive anywhere.

A proper clown circus with antics going on in every corner.

Hafeez is old enough to know elections were around the corner and should have thought it through before taking on the role.
ICC should penalize PCB, but our politicians are very good at exploiting loop holes like they did with this "no political interference" rule loop hole.

Someone who needs a stepping stone to get into coaching, management etc in cricket.

If you can survive in the Wild West that is PCB, you can thrive anywhere.

A proper clown circus with antics going on in every corner.
Can you name a coach or official who has played the PCB game and survived?

Everyone's life goes downhill afterwards. I don't think working in the PCB has helped anyone achieve an upwards career trajectory.

Can you name a coach or official who has played the PCB game and survived?

Everyone's life goes downhill afterwards. I don't think working in the PCB has helped anyone achieve an upwards career trajectory.

Exactly this.

Waqar, Misbah, Saqlain, Hafeez…we’ve used them all and their reputations are in the bin as a result.

Despite coaching Pakistan for various tenures, none of them look like they have any future prospects right now.

ppl who like to say "Yes Sir" can better work with PCB, its more like a Marshall Law there.

PCB is one of the worst to have a job in until you are a politically backed guy with lots of connections. It is like working in a scam call center where you can be kicked out in the blink of an eye.

Back