Who should be the next Chief Selector of the Pakistan cricket team?

Who should be the next Chief Selector of the Pakistan cricket team

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
With the recent dismissal of Wahab Riaz and Abdul Razzaq from the selection committee of the Pakistan cricket team, speculation is rife about who will step into the crucial role of being the chief selector.

This change comes in the wake of Pakistan’s disappointing performance in the T20 World Cup, leading to a shake-up in the selection committee.

Who do you think has the expertise and vision to steer the future of Pakistan cricket?

Kirsten for white ball selection and Gillespie for red ball selection.

They are given a network of scouts to work with.

Best way to ensure merit based selection.

Do not trust these ex cricketers. We can keep going with this saya corp circle jerk and every ex cricketers who signs up to be a selector immediately begins sifting through parchi slips.

Just remember how many selectors it took to pick an obese person and a non existent middle order, sending in Shadab in the middle order like he is Michael Bevan.

Mohammad Yousuf:

weird guy. Cloak in Dagger kind of person. Holds a grudge against modern cricket because he was a modern batting failure who failed to adapt

Mohammad Hafeez:

Baatain croro ki, dukaan Pakoro ki kind of person. Extreme overthinker, overcomplicates everything and creates pointless rifts

Shahid Afridi:

Peoples pleaser. Please everyone. Select everyone. Make everyone happy. No direct plan.

Inzimam:

Exposed, dodgy Saya tout. Unreliable!

Rashid Latif:

Extremely slippery person. Knows how to guise his agenda in the name of ‘impartiality’. He is also a Saya tout.

Misbah ul Haq:

Extremely narrow lens. Promoting players from his set up, views white ball cricket completely differently to the way SENA nations operate. Likes to promote rubbish players in wrong positions. Hoping for something to stick kind of guy. Thrives on negativity which he spreads himself.

Valid name. will be adding to the options.

But I don't think PCB is gonna take that risk considering the issue that happened last time.
No it’s a terrible option.

Butt speaks a good game, but ultimately finds excuses to promote the Misbah lens. My friend @mominsaigol will testify to this, the guy IMO is just a more articulate version of Misbah ul Haq, and he enforces his views with confidence. His views are not correct on ‘modern cricket’.

Younis Khan is a shout.

He's a maverick but we are at a low point. Maybe he can rally some players.

We just need to make sure he is always referred to as not just the chief selector but the senior chief selector and his rooms in the hotel are worthy of a man of his stature.

Implement plastic forks and knives during camps aswell as a precautionary measure.

I'd still take him over MoYo.

No it’s a terrible option.

Butt speaks a good game, but ultimately finds excuses to promote the Misbah lens. My friend @mominsaigol will testify to this, the guy IMO is just a more articulate version of Misbah ul Haq, and he enforces his views with confidence. His views are not correct on ‘modern cricket’.
Salman butt: the one man who's acting skills surpass Rizwan lol.

100%

Put this guy in a position of implementation of his ideas and see how he only talks a big game.
It should be YK, YK is a basket case but he knows how to create teams along with creating a proper team culture and adapt to current standards.

It's a shame media gets infatuated by cricketers with colledge degrees who never made use of what they studied and speak some complicated English or Urdu words they learn through Google search engines

My argument is that the Pakistan Cricket Board is plagued by internal politics, inconsistent decision making, nepotism and primarily a lack of intelligentsia, and an outsider with a keen cricketing mind could bring a fresh perspective to the selection process. Ricky Ponting, is my suggestion as an ideal candidate due to his astute understanding of the game and his fearlessness. As a non-Pakistani, Ponting would be less likely to be influenced by the PCB's internal dynamics and could provide a more objective assessment of the team's performance and future prospects.

Don't select any former pakistani cricketer or any pakistani. Get some foreigner with credentials who can select a team without biases or favors to pay off

Don't select any former pakistani cricketer or any pakistani. Get some foreigner with credentials who can select a team without biases or favors to pay off
I don't think a foreigner knows the system of PCB nor he knows about the players in domestics. Would any foreign guy be here ni Pakistan and watching the domestic season to pull out some new guys? Not sure

I don't think a foreigner knows the system of PCB nor he knows about the players in domestics. Would any foreign guy be here ni Pakistan and watching the domestic season to pull out some new guys? Not sure
I mean if that becomes his job then yeah he'll be in Pakistan and have full coverage of domestics

Ifthi would be a good choice since he knows how things work at the ground level in the current team and the groupism dynamics. PCB should ask Ifthi to take voluntary retirement by offering him a significant amount, something like $5M, and then recruit him as the chief selector and power-hitting mentor as well.

Most of these people are recently retired players....
Surely, a chief selector should have some experience and no conflict of interests?

Why not go for an experienced coach as a chief selector, and no I don't mean Waqar Younis.

Maybe Naqvi should try hiring a foreign chief selector this time and separate selectors for red and white ball

Younis plus Gary plus captain
And Younis plus Jason plus captain
Scouts/analysts/domestic head coaches etc to supply data and recommendations to them.
The 3 of them meet and select, Younis can have final say but generally 2 out of three will be able to make a majority decision anyway.

Amir Sohail.

Did a commendable job post WC 2003. Cleared all the deadwood then. Need more of the same now.

Babar and Rizwan needs to be dropped from the team for the near term. While Imad, Amir, Shadab, Iftikhar, Nawaz's careers should come to an end. Let them be mercenaries for T20 league.

Amir Sohail.

Did a commendable job post WC 2003. Cleared all the deadwood then. Need more of the same now.

Babar and Rizwan needs to be dropped from the team for the near term. While Imad, Amir, Shadab, Iftikhar, Nawaz's careers should come to an end. Let them be mercenaries for T20 league.
Yeah let’s make the guy CS who argued on live tv that there is no need to play aggressively in the powerplay in T20s

Last edited by a moderator:
Amir Sohail.

Sohail is cricketing deadwood himself now.

Fawad Alam.

The guy understands the toil of playing domestic cricket and being ignored. He'll definitely be the most impartial and will select the most deserving talents.

Amir Sohail.

His school of 2003 gave birth to Hafeez and Kami. He is the daddy of our modern day TTFs.

Left field choice but I’d give Imran Nazir an opportunity
Bro he needs 2-3 years in the domestic set up to see what’s going on. The guy literally came of out a cricket coma recently. Went completely off the grid because of personal issues. Needs to see what’s going on before you can give him bigger responsibilities

Bro he needs 2-3 years in the domestic set up to see what’s going on. The guy literally came of out a cricket coma recently. Went completely off the grid because of personal issues. Needs to see what’s going on before you can give him bigger responsibilities

When he’s himself for sure and wanting to be involved, I didn’t know much about his issues in detail until recently

Rumour Mill in action

Sarfraz Ahmed Saeed Ajmal lined up as replacement for Razzaq and Wahab

All these options for selector roles are absolutely terrible.

Everyone of these options have there on vendetta/opinions of the team.

None of them is selfless, modern & intelligent.

Sarfraz was captain once, why not chief selector?

He knows the domestic set up and actually knows how to create team culture.

Furthermore you know unlike YK he will never give up or walk out unless sacked. He's a true patriot towards his country and will give it his all.

I guarantee you under his leadership rizwan won't be around and fakhar will be opening as well as be given the utmost confidence.

Mohsin Naqvi. We all know at the end of the day he is judge, jury and executioner. Just make him the CS, he can keep open office hours once a month where players come and pitch their ideas on why they should be selected just like Shark Tank. Naqvi can then decide if you’re on the team or if you’re sent off to the operating room for surgery.

Younis Khan will be the ideal choice, just like he would have been the ideal undisputed Pakistan captain, during his cricketing days. His main problem, apart from his legendary temper tantrums, is that he’s a man of integrity and incorruptible and therefore can’t work in a corrupt, nepotistic system like PCB.

Aamir Sohail will also be another great choice.

However, given the circumstances and the PCB’s dysfunctional corruption, mafia style backstabbing, I think Salman Butt should be named given his well known corruption and because his history of disrepute aligns well with the PCB’s.

Fawad Alam and Asad would be better candidates for this job because they know the system very well and also have a close eye on the talent playing in domestic cricket.

They have no plans to remove Babar let’s wait for CT humiliation

His school of 2003 gave birth to Hafeez and Kami. He is the daddy of our modern day TTFs.
Pakistan would kill for a Kamran Akmal of 2005-2009.

Umar Gul was a product of the same 2003 clearout.

Pakistan doesn't have even a quarter of the talent of Kamran and Gul right now.

Sohail is cricketing deadwood himself now.
Could be. I don't trust him long term but for the short term let him be the executioner. The team needs cleansing and he has done it in the past. May as well do it again.

They have no plans to remove Babar let’s wait for CT humiliation
But we are talking about the chief sector, not Babar Azam.

Who should be the selector for Pakistan in your view?

I think Younis Khan should be tried this time. The only guy I can think of atm who stayed away from all this World Cup and captaincy fiasco and has no real conflict of interest.

But we are talking about the chief sector, not Babar Azam.

Who should be the selector for Pakistan in your view?

I think Younis Khan should be tried this time. The only guy I can think of atm who stayed away from all this World Cup and captaincy fiasco and has no real conflict of interest.
They already announced it’s Yusuf and shafiq who will lead the committee. While babar Shan gary and Gillespie will give inputs

They already announced it’s Yusuf and shafiq who will lead the committee. While babar Shan gary and Gillespie will give inputs
They are not announced as leaders, they are not sacked just.

Chief selector will come.

None of them to be honest. Younis Khan and Rashid Latif both of them have temprment issues and lack the ability to work in a colloborative environment. Shahid Afridi and Salman butt can't be trusted, salman butt becuase of obvious reasons and Afridi because of conflict of interest and secondly due to his political intentions.

Hafeez is the only sensible solution here but he wont work under Naqvi.

If I am not wrong, Pakistan have had 6 different chief selectors in the last 4 years. Chopping and changing too frequently is not a good idea. Someone should be given a lengthy run.

No guy would be willing to work in such a system until he is someone like Wahab who enjoyed his stay at PCB and did nothing for the team.

I quite liked Mohammad Wasim as the chief selector and his power point presentations. But I know he rubbed a few people the wrong way and unlikely to get another crack at it.

Back