Why are Muslims under-represented in Hollywood movies?

So you are saying that there is a liberal woke conspiracy which excludes Indians exclusively as against other minorities in Hollywood? Why would they do that? Why would you need help from Asian fim industries to succeed as Indian born Americans? Blacks have done fine without support from African film industries.

Indians aren't considered "poor" or "disadvantaged" in US. They are the richest community in US per Capita wise. Nobody thinks Indians were systematically subjugated and historically persecuted in US. That's the whole concept of woke and Indians don't fit into the criteria. Blacks have been slaves in US. They have been subjected to torture for hundreds of years. They are the target of the Woke. Hispanics are next due to immigration issues and because of their numbers. So the eagerness to "catch up" is what drives the woke and Indians have not only caught up but are at the top tier economically in general. Woke is not just about movies. It's about representation in every field including jobs, businesses, movies etc. Infact, many Indian commies and Islamic orgs in US are even equating Indians with the American white as privileged. This is a new development ever since the Dalit castes in India have representation in US and have joined the woke brigade by calling themselves afro dalits.

Not under represented at all. They are negatively represented though as expected by Zionist Hollywood.

Indians aren't considered "poor" or "disadvantaged" in US. They are the richest community in US per Capita wise. Nobody thinks Indians were systematically subjugated and historically persecuted in US. That's the whole concept of woke and Indians don't fit into the criteria. Blacks have been slaves in US. They have been subjected to torture for hundreds of years. They are the target of the Woke. Hispanics are next due to immigration issues and because of their numbers. So the eagerness to "catch up" is what drives the woke and Indians have not only caught up but are at the top tier economically in general. Woke is not just about movies. It's about representation in every field including jobs, businesses, movies etc. Infact, many Indian commies and Islamic orgs in US are even equating Indians with the American white as privileged. This is a new development ever since the Dalit castes in India have representation in US and have joined the woke brigade by calling themselves afro dalits.

What has any of that got to do with what sells in Hollywood?

What has any of that got to do with what sells in Hollywood?

Woke is for historically "subjugated" races. Roles in Hollywood are currently based on woke. Indians were not subjugated so are not part of woke despite being a minority. That's the gist for the second time.

This part is very true.

They try to portray Americans as the good guys always. I am yet to see them making a movie about their blunder in Iraq.

Show me which country's film industry portrays its people as bad guys. NONE.

Body of Lies was the closest, a very good film worth watching. It doesnt show America in good light but then again how it could it as Iraq war was the most criminal war in modern history.

I believe a fair amount of Hollywood actors have converted to Islam too?

Hollywood is not great but compared to Bollywood its a very fair. Malala asked why arent there any real practicing Muslim's in Bollywood at all?

You stated a fair amount of Hollywood actors have converted to Islam. When asked to name so may of them, you came up with three. I think only one of them claims to be muslim

Forgot to mention, Speilberg attempted to reconcile the differences between Isreal and Palestine with his movie Munich. Guess how that movie was received?

The film was very well received made 131 million and was in the top 10 films of the year of most critics.

Their spending is a lot less compared to white americans. These days demographics are changing and white people population is decreasing rapidly. Woke agenda is also pushing Hollywood to show more blacks and asians in the movies.

Just visit any theatre and see who the majority of the people watching movies are. You cannot upset your cash cows and expect to make profits.

Kingdom of heaven is a Ridley Scott film, Not Oliver Stone. I dont know that's what you meant.

The oscar winners aren't decided by a couple of wealthy Jews on a sofa stroking their cat, smoking cigars in their ivory towers.

It is decided by a 5000 member strong voting bloc of actors, directors and other such movie people and audited by PWC.

That is correct. Everything is a conspiracy to some people on the forum

Its American movie industry. That is why they have the theme where Americans are saving the world.

If Saudi Arabia had a movie industry, they would show Arabs saving the world too. I don't understand why you act surprised?

Exactly my point

Well done, you're getting there.

Of course they will but they do it way over the top.

Why is it all Aliens land in America first? If I was an Alien id go to Bora Bora or Maldives.

Because if an alien landed on Maldives, the American audience would not relate to it. This is very basic stuff that's been explained

Stop spouting anti-semitic babble please. Saying that Spielberg, a Jew, hasn't won more Oscars because the academy doesn't think his nose is long enough is one of the silliest things I've read on this forum.

Let me guess .. you also think 9/11 was actually caused by Mossad ?
Yes he does. But please dont go there. We have another thread for that.

This isn't true, at least not among western raised Indians. Most of them are painfully aware of their 5th class status in Hollywood, that is why there was such a big hoo ha about Apu Simpson being their most famous figure. They were so anguished about it they complained enough to get the character removed from the Simpsons.

Indian Americans and to some extent Pakistani Americans are the most educated, wealthy people in the US. Most of the TV channels have an Indian decent anchor, Fareed Zaharia, Ali Velshi, Manu Raju and Mehdi Hasan. There is Salman Rushdies x wife who has the chef show. Also actors and actresses are starting to pop up. Most of the tech firms CEO's are Indian. I dont think Indians feel 5th class citizen. I think that's more of a British thing among the desi crown. More so among Pakistanis than Indians even in UK I think.

Woke is for historically "subjugated" races. Roles in Hollywood are currently based on woke. Indians were not subjugated so are not part of woke despite being a minority. That's the gist for the second time.
Very well put. AGAIN

Pakistani actors have started to break into Hollywood a little. Mahira Khan is in talks to star alongside Will Smith in a Hollywood movie which is going to be directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy.

Other than that Ahad Raza Mir got casted in Netflix's new Resident Evil show, and now he's been cast in another show.

Humayun Saeed is set to play a Pakistani character in The Crown's latest season.

Mehwish Hayat and Fawad Khan were in Ms. Marvel.

There are a few other Pakistani actors that are getting foreign projects.

Indian Americans and to some extent Pakistani Americans are the most educated, wealthy people in the US. Most of the TV channels have an Indian decent anchor, Fareed Zaharia, Ali Velshi, Manu Raju and Mehdi Hasan. There is Salman Rushdies x wife who has the chef show. Also actors and actresses are starting to pop up. Most of the tech firms CEO's are Indian. I dont think Indians feel 5th class citizen. I think that's more of a British thing among the desi crown. More so among Pakistanis than Indians even in UK I think.

I said 5th class status in Hollywood I wasn't talking about doctors or tech CEOs. Hosting chef shows or news anchors aren't Hollywood either. Maybe you misread the topic.

In that case why have American Indians complained about getting terrible roles in US entertainment? Isn't it true that Apu was pulled from the Simpsons because of these protests? Also claiming that ethnic minorities get roles because they are seen as subjugated doesn't make sense. White people still get the best roles. Why then can't Indians have any?

Why would a practising muslim grow up wanting to be a in a movie remake about fighter jet pilots or dinosaurs?

Blacks are doing fine, but how are Asians and Mexicans doing well? Did I miss something?

Mexicans/Latin have their own movies and shows across streaming, look at Disney animation it’s majorly about Latin stories right now.(coco,encancto) .

Asians have taken up as well, from Crazy rich Asians to Ali wong making her successful movie, to shows like fresh off boat.

I would say even Indian Americans are doing pretty alright nowadays, Mindy makes what she wants(movies to shows), same with Hasan and Ansari.

It’s a pretty open time in Hollywood/America right now with everyone getting to tell their stories, I would say it’s mostly thanks to Netflix .

Pakistani actors have started to break into Hollywood a little. Mahira Khan is in talks to star alongside Will Smith in a Hollywood movie which is going to be directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy.

Other than that Ahad Raza Mir got casted in Netflix's new Resident Evil show, and now he's been cast in another show.

Humayun Saeed is set to play a Pakistani character in The Crown's latest season.

Mehwish Hayat and Fawad Khan were in Ms. Marvel.

There are a few other Pakistani actors that are getting foreign projects.

Why no Kumail, the guy made Big sick along with Ray Romano and had the best role in it.

In that case why have American Indians complained about getting terrible roles in US entertainment? Isn't it true that Apu was pulled from the Simpsons because of these protests? Also claiming that ethnic minorities get roles because they are seen as subjugated doesn't make sense. White people still get the best roles. Why then can't Indians have any?

The young Indian Americans had issues with it, none of the actual Indian immigrants did, only the first or second generation probably because they had to go to school and college in US and had face the racism.

Also the reason for it to be taken off was only because that documentary by an Indian American did very well .

Because people like to complain, Cap. I agree they shouldn't have complained about their 5th class status. I remember when WWE ran a storyline about a character called Muhammad Hassan who was portrayed as a violent Arab and Muslim Americans complained and got that storyline cancelled.

Muslims in the West should have ignored their 7th class status and just got on with it

Why no Kumail, the guy made Big sick along with Ray Romano and had the best role in it.

Kumail can't really be considered a Muslim actor so he doesn't fit the bill. I wanted to name actors that claim to be Muslim as to not go of topic.

Because people like to complain, Cap. I agree they shouldn't have complained about their 5th class status. I remember when WWE ran a storyline about a character called Muhammad Hassan who was portrayed as a violent Arab and Muslim Americans complained and got that storyline cancelled.

Muslims in the West should have ignored their 7th class status and just got on with it

One correction. Muhammad Hassan wasn't cancelled due to Muslim Americans.

WWE decided to take him off because there was a terror attack and WWE didn't want to agitate the crowd further.

Here's from Wikipedia:

His career came to an abrupt end when a controversial terrorist angle coincided with the July 7, 2005 London bombings, leading the television network UPN to pressure WWE to remove Copani's character from television. Following leaving WWE, he stopped wrestling, instead working as an educator.

Haven't you read the complaints on Amazons Lord of the rings or the Bridgerton series with black actors? What doesn't make sense to us, has a word. WOKE. The movement is to make us all color blind, which is Ok, but at the cost of white actors. Ofcourse, the meaty roles are still white because the movies still need to make money. Indians aren't part of woke and neither are they crowd pullers. So they stay behind and focus on computer graphics etc. Apu in Simpsons was never a problem for Indians for years until someone got on the woke bandwagon and complained. Everything is offensive, dehumanizing these days.

Lets be real here. Hollywood is losing its appeal apart from for nostalgic boomers who pay to watch remakes 6-7 times in different theatres.

Recent times have opened up new avenues for "muslim" representation in TV shows. While western TV shows are undoubtedly popular, increasing numbers of Muslims are looking eastwards for entertainment.

Turkish TV shows are massive, Pakistani dramas are enjoying a resurgence amongst younger people of Pakistani origin, Iranian cinema is quite impresssive and even the Arabs have made some epic TV series.

Even religious tv series like "Omar" and "The Imam" are rating smash hits.

Nobody is interested in representation in hollywood movies apart from those with an identity crisis.

I think Netflix has changed the game. Before you used to watch what Hollywood put forward. Now you can be more precise on what you wanna watch. I have not been to the theaters in 7-10 years I think. I do wanna go watch too gun 2 though

You popped up at the right time Rex, I've mentioned this before about Indians being pretty low key despite their academic success in the US, do you think they are struggling to make much headway in Hollywood?

Indian americans like M.Shyamalan, Kal Penn, Dev Patel, Priya Chopra, Mindy Kaling, Pinto, Aziz aren't enough for you ? That's already a sizable bunch from a community where the parents are adamant on their chidren pursuing a STEM education. Not anymore though. The Gen-Z kids are diversifying.

Mexicans/Latin have their own movies and shows across streaming, look at Disney animation it’s majorly about Latin stories right now.(coco,encancto) .

Asians have taken up as well, from Crazy rich Asians to Ali wong making her successful movie, to shows like fresh off boat.

I would say even Indian Americans are doing pretty alright nowadays, Mindy makes what she wants(movies to shows), same with Hasan and Ansari.

It’s a pretty open time in Hollywood/America right now with everyone getting to tell their stories, I would say it’s mostly thanks to Netflix .

This is like saying Pakistanis are well represented in Hollywood because they have their own dramas which are available on Youtube or Amazon Prime. The subject is Hollywood. Just pointing that out since it was the gist of the OP.

Indian americans like M.Shyamalan, Kal Penn, Dev Patel, Priya Chopra, Mindy Kaling, Pinto, Aziz aren't enough for you ? That's already a sizable bunch from a community where the parents are adamant on their chidren pursuing a STEM education. Not anymore though. The Gen-Z kids are diversifying.

All background characters for the most part, and mostly involved in minor movies. Indian males especially don't get glamorous hero roles, Bollywood stars complained of it, although I think they had less reason to carp since they weren't American so shouldn't expect favours. For what it's worth I don't blame Hollywood for this, they have to make films that people can buy into, they can't just invent heroic Indians if people won't believe it.

This is like saying Pakistanis are well represented in Hollywood because they have their own dramas which are available on Youtube or Amazon Prime. The subject is Hollywood. Just pointing that out since it was the gist of the OP.

Hmm Pakistani dramas are about Pakistanis in Pakistan… all ones i noted was released in America for American audiences.. (American Asian,Indian characters)

Crazy Rich Asians was a huge hit in America.. similarly ratings of Fresh off Boat , Mindy Kaling’s shows and Ali wong movie is from Hollywood studios(i would include Netflix in that now).

For what it's worth I don't blame Hollywood for this, they have to make films that people can buy into, they can't just invent heroic Indians if people won't believe it.

So you're saying an american audience will only accept caucasian heroes. What do you think the box office figures would be if a fresh indian american face were cast as the next Superman or Bruce Wayne ? Or a James Bond from desi Bradford.

Last edited:
So you're saying an american audience will only accept caucasian heroes. What do you think the box office figures would be if a fresh indian american face were cast as the next Superman or Bruce Wayne ? Or a James Bond from desi Bradford.

No, I'm saying it's not America's fault if there's no Indian hero material among the otherwise successful Indian male poplation in America.

All background characters for the most part, and mostly involved in minor movies. Indian males especially don't get glamorous hero roles, Bollywood stars complained of it, although I think they had less reason to carp since they weren't American so shouldn't expect favours. For what it's worth I don't blame Hollywood for this, they have to make films that people can buy into, they can't just invent heroic Indians if people won't believe it.

No, I'm saying it's not America's fault if there's no Indian hero material among the otherwise successful Indian male poplation in America.

Ok Indians get roles, but not lead cos we are not hero material and offourse we cant blame Hollywood here , while the reason for poor pak/Muslim representation is because Hollywood is racist?

Ok Indians get roles, but not lead cos we are not hero material and offourse we cant blame Hollywood here , while the reason for poor pak/Muslim representation is because Hollywood is racist?

No it's because Muslims as a community don't encourage acting. As I said already, we can't complain about not getting good roles in Hollywood when we don't embrace the culture. This has affected Pakistan film industry as well, as they are obviously limited in what they can show on screen. That said, they could still produce a lot better even within their censorship parameters.

No it's because Muslims as a community don't encourage acting. As I said already, we can't complain about not getting good roles in Hollywood when we don't embrace the culture. This has affected Pakistan film industry as well, as they are obviously limited in what they can show on screen. That said, they could still produce a lot better even within their censorship parameters.

So Pakistanis are under represented because they dont embrace the industry?
Indians under represent because they are not good looking enough?

The racist undertones are clearly visible. But its funny nevertheless.

I didn't say Indians aren't good looking enough, but there must be some reason they don't get hero roles in Hollywood. Maybe all the good looking ones are in IT jobs and the ones who apply for acting jobs aren't the right stuff.

I didn't say Indians aren't good looking enough, but there must be some reason they don't get hero roles in Hollywood. Maybe all the good looking ones are in IT jobs and the ones who apply for acting jobs aren't the right stuff.

Who many white guys are hero’s in Bollywood.

Indian Americans and Pakistani Americans at breaking into media. Pretty soon there will be desi directors and then desi actors.

In India, north Indians look like Pakistanis. Rest of India is different.

So, I think your statement is not correct.

Yes, in the UK the initial wave of immigrants were mainly from Punjab both from India and Pakistan, so they do look similar, you also have a lot of Kashmiri Pakistanis here who probably make up the majority, plenty of handsome men and women from this diaspora. In the US I would imagine both Indians and Pakistanis are from different regions, I can't speak for them.

What do you mean by hero material though? That's some vague term that you haven't even defined.

Does the native white population have hero material that their audiences can believe in .. if so, what ?

What do you mean by hero material though? That's some vague term that you haven't even defined.

Does the native white population have hero material that their audiences can believe in .. if so, what ?

Not even sure why you are asking this, would have thought it was pretty obvious. Ben Affleck, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Robert Pattinson....what do these guys have in common? Obviously you need to be able to act as well, but generally heroes tend to be rather handsome. There are alternatives, you can get relatively ugly guys playing some roles if they have a rugged appeal which suits the role. Isn't that the same in Bollywood as well?

Not even sure why you are asking this, would have thought it was pretty obvious. Ben Affleck, Brad Pitt, Christian Bale, Robert Pattinson....what do these guys have in common? Obviously you need to be able to act as well, but generally heroes tend to be rather handsome. There are alternatives, you can get relatively ugly guys playing some roles if they have a rugged appeal which suits the role. Isn't that the same in Bollywood as well?

So you're saying the present crop of indian americans don't cut it and are too ugly. Would someone like Hrithik Roshan, if he was an indian american, stand a better chance of being cast as hero because of his looks ? I don't know what your idealized version of a hero looks like.

So you're saying the present crop of indian americans don't cut it and are too ugly. Would someone like Hrithik Roshan, if he was an indian american, stand a better chance of being cast as hero because of his looks ? I don't know what your idealized version of a hero looks like.

I'm not saying anything, this is what Hollywood is telling you.

In Taken 1 and Taken 2, Muslims were portrayed as the bad guys. Just one example of Hollywood stereotyping Muslims negatively.

In Taken 1 and Taken 2, Muslims were portrayed as the bad guys. Just one example of Hollywood stereotyping Muslims negatively.

I don’t think anyone is denying Hollywood stereotyping Muslims or any other minority group. Hollywood has a terrible record of that. What we are saying is every single film industry caters to their own population. It’s not unique to Hollywood.

I'm not saying anything, this is what Hollywood is telling you.

Unless you are privy to the backroom discussions of casting directors over there in the US, Hollywood said no such thing. This was purely your opinion, own it .. instead of backtracking from it now.

Unless you are privy to the backroom discussions of casting directors over there in the US, Hollywood said no such thing. This was purely your opinion, own it .. instead of backtracking from it now.

It's my opinion based on what I see produced by Hollywood. If you see something different you are welcome to give your opinion. It also reflects what happens in Britain, successful Indian women seem to marry out, I've heard this view expressed by both Indian women and men. There might be myriad reasons for it, but as British Indian men are always described as being successful in the west, it does make you wonder what reasons there would be for it.

It's my opinion based on what I see produced by Hollywood. If you see something different you are welcome to give your opinion. It also reflects what happens in Britain, successful Indian women seem to marry out, I've heard this view expressed by both Indian women and men. There might be myriad reasons for it, but as British Indian men are always described as being successful in the west, it does make you wonder what reasons there would be for it.
Any stats to back your claim ? I remember seeing a stat which said 13 percent of Indian men and 10 percent of Indian women marry out in the U.K both of which are quite normal figure in a multicultural society. But that was a bit old, and maybe the situation have changed now.

Any stats to back your claim ? I remember seeing a stat which said 13 percent of Indian men and 10 percent of Indian women marry out in the U.K both of which are quite normal figure in a multicultural society. But that was a bit old, and maybe the situation have changed now.
Ahh sorry, a small mistake, 13 are 10 are the percentage of marrying in the white British ethnicity by Indian men and women respectively. The thread was also on Pakpassion,http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/s...en-interracial-marriage-statistics-in-Britain

What’s your point ?

What’s your point ?

He wants to imply that Indian men are unattractive, and that's why even Indian woman don't like them and tends to marry out. Of course he was just talking out of thin air as the stats show that Indian man marry out more than Indian woman.

He wants to imply that Indian men are unattractive, and that's why even Indian woman don't like them and tends to marry out. Of course he was just talking out of thin air as the stats show that Indian man marry out more than Indian woman.

Does he not not know that to an average white person Indian men and Pakistani men look alike ?? And genetically we are identical . So is he putting himself down ?

I haven't implied anything, just bearing in mind the topic is Hollywood, so this is suggestive of what western people find attractive. I'm no expert on Asia, could be in India they find dark skin attractive or pot bellies, every culture is different.

I haven't implied anything, just bearing in mind the topic is Hollywood, so this is suggestive of what western people find attractive. I'm no expert on Asia, could be in India they find dark skin attractive or pot bellies, every culture is different.

All well and good, but doesn't change the fact that you straight out talked non sense about Indian origin UK women, as the stats show only 10 percent of them marry in the white British Community compared to 13 percent of the Indian men, both of which are figures you expect in a multicultural society.

All well and good, but doesn't change the fact that you straight out talked non sense about Indian origin UK women, as the stats show only 10 percent of them marry in the white British Community compared to 13 percent of the Indian men, both of which are figures you expect in a multicultural society.

Stats don't tell the whole story so no point in arguing over them. For example what westerners consider beautiful or handsome might be the ones who marry out as they are the ones who get the opportunity, the rest stick with their own. I think Hollywood is a better indicator in that sense.

Stats don't tell the whole story so no point in arguing over them. For example what westerners consider beautiful or handsome might be the ones who marry out as they are the ones who get the opportunity, the rest stick with their own. I think Hollywood is a better indicator in that sense.

Looking like Brad Pitt isn’t enough. You need to earn like Brad Pitt too. I look at pictures of some of the terrorists from ISIS and Taliban and they have those blue eyes, fair skin features but I would doubt they are swimming in you know what.

The looks start wearing very thin for most once they open their mouth about their views on things in general or once the welfare check is in hands.

Looking like Brad Pitt isn’t enough. You need to earn like Brad Pitt too. I look at pictures of some of the terrorists from ISIS and Taliban and they have those blue eyes, fair skin features but I would doubt they are swimming in you know what.

The looks start wearing very thin for most once they open their mouth about their views on things in general or once the welfare check is in hands.

Agreed, but terrorists aren't usually looking for roles in Hollywood, I doubt they'd be complaining about being under-represented in the movie world either.

Secret ‘Star Wars’ Film From Damon Lindelof And Lucasfilm Sets ‘Ms Marvel’s Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy As

EXCLUSIVE: Following months of speculation, Deadline is now hearing from several sources close to the project that not only is Damon Lindelof developing a new Star Wars film for Lucasfilm but that Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has been set as director. Lindelof is co-writing the project, though it is unknown at this time who his writing partner might be. Insiders say the script is still being written which means production is likely far out. That said, sources add it was important to Lucasfilm and Lindelof that a director be brought on so that person’s own vision for where they see this story headed gets included in the script.

Lucasfilm and reps for Obaid-Chinoy could not be reached for comment.

As for what the film is actually focused on, that will remain a under wraps as this project remains one of more guarded secrets in all of Hollywood. As for when we will see this film, while it still seems a ways off, the feeling is given how pro-active execs were in finding a director for this film, that this Star Wars feature seems to have the most momentum out of all all the films currently in development at the studio. 2019’s Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker was the last film to bow in theaters with the studio focusing on its TV projects over recent years since then. That said they have a number of films in development including this one and Lucasfilm has been pretty clear they want to make sure the next series of films has a story they are happy with and don’t see a need to rush out that next franchise.

As for Obaid-Chinoy, the highly-sought after director continues to build on her strong ties with Disney after successfully directing several episodes of Ms. Marvel for Marvel Studios. Best known for directing her Oscar-winning documentary shorts Saving Face and A Girl in the River, The Price of Forgiveness, the Oscar and Emmy-winning director also recently committed to directing Paramount’s adaptation of Brilliance which is being developed as a starring Vehicle for Will Smith.

She is repped by CAA and Fox Rothschild.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/star-wars-damon-lindelof-lucasfilm-ms-marvel-sharmeen-obaid-chinoy-1235152896/

EXCLUSIVE: Following months of speculation, Deadline is now hearing from several sources close to the project that not only is Damon Lindelof developing a new Star Wars film for Lucasfilm but that Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy has been set as director. Lindelof is co-writing the project, though it is unknown at this time who his writing partner might be. Insiders say the script is still being written which means production is likely far out. That said, sources add it was important to Lucasfilm and Lindelof that a director be brought on so that person’s own vision for where they see this story headed gets included in the script.

Lucasfilm and reps for Obaid-Chinoy could not be reached for comment.

As for what the film is actually focused on, that will remain a under wraps as this project remains one of more guarded secrets in all of Hollywood. As for when we will see this film, while it still seems a ways off, the feeling is given how pro-active execs were in finding a director for this film, that this Star Wars feature seems to have the most momentum out of all all the films currently in development at the studio. 2019’s Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker was the last film to bow in theaters with the studio focusing on its TV projects over recent years since then. That said they have a number of films in development including this one and Lucasfilm has been pretty clear they want to make sure the next series of films has a story they are happy with and don’t see a need to rush out that next franchise.

As for Obaid-Chinoy, the highly-sought after director continues to build on her strong ties with Disney after successfully directing several episodes of Ms. Marvel for Marvel Studios. Best known for directing her Oscar-winning documentary shorts Saving Face and A Girl in the River, The Price of Forgiveness, the Oscar and Emmy-winning director also recently committed to directing Paramount’s adaptation of Brilliance which is being developed as a starring Vehicle for Will Smith.

She is repped by CAA and Fox Rothschild.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/star-wars-damon-lindelof-lucasfilm-ms-marvel-sharmeen-obaid-chinoy-1235152896/

This could lead to some Pakistani actors getting a role in a Star Wars movie.

Back