Why are Peshawar Zalmi not thinking about Aamer Jamal as their captain?

Rana

Hall of Famer
Runs
That’s the thread. That’s the point. Jamal is a solid cricketer, and he will now feel that he is confident to take on the whole world with his outstanding performances in Australia against the best Test side in the world

He is the kind of cricketer that you promote. He has the right attitude and work ethic. It’s time that they really should seriously consider him as their captain, he commands respect now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the only reason Babar agreed to join Zalmi was because of captaincy. If they strip him of captaincy he is gonna look elsewhere, and Zalmi cannot afford to lose him as a player.

That’s the thread. That’s the point. Jamal is a solid cricketer, and he will now feel that he is confident to take on the whole world with his outstanding performances in Australia against the best Test side in the world

He is the kind of cricketer that you promote. He has the right attitude and work ethic. It’s time that they really should seriously consider him as their captain, he commands respect now!

Think title was supposed to be

Remove Babar as captain

Poor Aamer pulled in for no reason.

How else do you appoint a captain?
Why is there a need to make every good performer the captain of the team? There are many other ways, such as marketing the players and increasing their salary etc etc

Yeah I could have stated the obvious thing that should be done
Well they have an owner, he put the millions in and he decides for his brand. Maybe buy a brand and then make any who plays well for a game or 2, captain of the team

Why is there a need to make every good performer the captain of the team? There are many other ways, such as marketing the players and increasing their salary etc etc
Why is there a need? It’s a trend. Rizwan is the vice captain of Pakistan based on 3 decent outings

This thread is not to be taken seriously

Not one proper reason for Aamer to be named captain of a T20 Side apart from the fact that he done well as a player in Australia in Tests.

This thread is not to be taken seriously

Not one proper reason for Aamer to be named captain of a T20 Side apart from the fact that he done well as a player in Australia in Tests.
Have I asked for him to be the captain of Pakistan? Is Peshawar Zalmi bigger than Pakistan? Is T20 franchise cricket more important than international cricket? How else do you develop a leader? You see leadership qualities in him and you give him a chance to build on them. Why was Shadab made the captain of IU??

Why is there a need? It’s a trend. Rizwan is the vice captain of Pakistan based on 3 decent outings

Doesn't he have an insane amount of trophies with KPK as captain? Or the PSL he's won and Multan's excellent record in the PSL?

You dont make players captain on the basis of just performance but based upon that player's leadership skills and tactics.

Now this is something OP wont get as he has issues why Shan Masood is captain even though Shan is a good captain

Aamir jamal showed in a few games he unnecessarily was having a go at his team mates, i think it was a pakistan A team. Which is not suitable for captaincy.

Anyways, if we started making captains on the basis of 2 games than our cricket would be doomed.

Now one can argue, Babar also got made captain based on performance and not based on captaincy quality, true. But one of the reasons why Babar joined PZ was captaincy, and Javed Afridi's focus is to make money through branding. The guy fetched Mcdonalds as a sponsor early on because of affiliated marketing.

No one makes money in PSL by winning a trophy, its through brand building you make money. Goal isnt to win, but be a financial success

Last edited by a moderator:
How can test performances justify T20 places?

Such thinking gave the likes of Younis Khan +200 ODI games.

Means every player who performs well in a game should be appointed as the captain of the team?

With this logic every performer of the tournament will become the captain of their franchise

Why not Jamal for Test captain since Shan Masood only averages in 30s. Please stop these infatuation on the basis of 1,2 performances

most players have a first season syndrome and then they fade. hopefully he is good in the long term. Why burden him and hype him with captaincy let him quietly do his job.

To the audience: If this thread includes Rizwan's name anywhere please don't take this thread seriously 🤣

I made this thread whilst hoping for the best of Pakistan cricket, and for a potentially strong leader+character to emerge and serve Pakistan for many years.

However, it has clearly offended certain sections of Pakistan cricket fans that have repeatedly been in denial, and have historically never been able to see the calamitous results of our cricket.

I can guarantee, had I suggested Jamal to be the captain of Islamabad United, Karachi Kings and Quetta Gladiators…everyone would appreciate the suggestion and look for ways to have Jamal traded into these three franchises.

But if I suggest Jamal to lead PZ, Multan Sultans or Lahore Qalandars…I have basically committed Cricket Blasphemy.

This is the truth. This is how divided we are as fans and a cricket nation…maybe even a nation all together.

Do not make it too far to make a guy a captain who is still developing his game and has not found his feet yet. I think he can work for this season and next season as well and then people can think of making him a captain. He can surely be the one for the future.

He should absolutely be groomed as captain. Has the intensity of a strong leader and defies the softie culture we have developed recently esp with our captains from Misbah to Azhar to Babar.

Hope Pakistan don’t ruin another allrounder prospect. Amad Butt had potential too but AJ has taken all the opportunities to play with both hands so far, despite the bum captain Babar dropping him after a match winning performance right before a World Cup in Australia - same place he gave world class performances in a year later.

Aamer Jamal's upcoming assignment is in New Zealand and will prove his metal if he is worthy of being given such a responsibility or not. I guess he can be made captain of some domestic team and then we can see how he is doing.

no no, when you suggested Asif ALi to be made captain of Islamabad United, you were criticized for that more.
For people like you, there would be nothing wrong if I suggested Afaam ul Haq to be the captain of any franchise. That’s their birthright isn’t it?

Aamir has played only 22 T20s. Understandably, PZ wouldn't want someone so inexperienced as captain.

If you watch the Test series you'll see that Aamir asked more experienced players for advice quite often, which illustrates that he has quite a ways to go before he can be considered for a leadership role. Little reason to demand that Aamir be made captain other than to troll.

I am excited to see how Aamer Jamal will respond in T20 cricket. Is there any ability in him to become the next Abdul Razzaq for Pakistan?

Aamer Jamal's main focus should be to make it into he team in all 3 formats. This captaincy stuff comes 2nd. He needs to be groomed in the domestic circuit first as a captain then they can think about making him captain for any PSL franchise, let alone the national team.

Aamer Jamal coming handy as an all rounder for PZ in the PSL season 9.
tE9PwIu.jpeg

Bowling in T20 is not his strength in fact he is nothing more than a part time bowler in this format.
Yeah I agree, he's sprays the ball all over the place and goes for plenty.
He would be a good #6 bat and could bowl max 2 overs in T20 cricket.

Yeah I agree, he's sprays the ball all over the place and goes for plenty.
He would be a good #6 bat and could bowl max 2 overs in T20 cricket.
He has to be brave and learn to adapt

Study how guys like Pollard, Pandya and Bravo learned the art to bowl medium pace in the middle overs. He doesn’t have to go full pelt and search for 140+ every ball.

Pollard, Pandya, Bravo, Russell, Chris Jordan even,

All these guys back when they bowled could have bowled 130-140. But they knew how to mix it up with slower balls and variations in length

There is a solid T20 cricketer in Aamer Jamal, but he has to be guided into that path

Back