Will India participate in the Champions Trophy 2025 to be held in Pakistan?

Will India participate in the Champions Trophy 2025 to be held in Pakistan?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Indian Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar’s visit to Pakistan for the SCO summit raises hopes of improving relations between the two countries. This visit also sparks questions about whether India will take part in the ICC Champions Trophy 2025, which is set to be held in Pakistan. India hasn’t toured Pakistan for years due to political tensions and security concerns, but this visit could open up possibilities for future discussions.

While the foreign minister’s visit is a positive step, it remains too early to definitively say whether India will participate in the 2025 Champions Trophy in Pakistan. The coming months will likely provide more clarity as diplomatic, security, and sporting considerations are weighed.

I think we are giving this visit way too importance .

Last year Pakistan's Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari was came for the Meeting of the SCO Council of Foreign Ministers in Goa
Small steps brother. Small steps do matter. Pak minister going to India is not that big of a thing but the vice versa is.

Last year Pakistan's Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari was came for the Meeting of the SCO Council of Foreign Ministers in Goa

It might be more significant.

India has always been open to hosting Pakistan. India hosted Pakistan at the World Cup, so the Pakistani foreign minister going to India was in line with that.

However, the Indian minister coming to Pakistan is quite different and interesting. Might mean nothing depending on the statements they release at the meeting itself. If it's hostile then of course that's the end of that.

I agree.

It's not too significant a visit.

If he was coming during a bilateral visit then yeah it would be.

But this is just the foreign minister equivalent of India facing Pakistan in an ICC trophy lol.

It might be more significant.

India has always been open to hosting Pakistan. India hosted Pakistan at the World Cup, so the Pakistani foreign minister going to India was in line with that.

However, the Indian minister coming to Pakistan is quite different and interesting. Might mean nothing depending on the statements they release at the meeting itself. If it's hostile then of course that's the end of that.
I agree.

It's not too significant a visit.

If he was coming during a bilateral visit then yeah it would be.

But this is just the foreign minister equivalent of India facing Pakistan in an ICC trophy lol.

If Jaishankar hold the bilateral metting with Pakistani counterpart on the sidelines then it will be significant developments and indian team chance increase by 50%

If no bilateral metting between them then chance are very minimal .

Based on recent track records, India are unlikely to come.

But, never say never.

I think India should come because other teams have no issues.

As a cricket fan, i hope they go. It will be great for cricket and will really make the tournament a hit regardless of who wins eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back