Will Pakistan batters be able to stand the pressure and set a match-winning target in the 2nd Test against Bangladesh?

Will Pakistan batters be able to stand the pressure and set a match-winning target?

• Total voters

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan's batting team has a history of struggling under pressure. They collapsed in the second innings of the first test against Bangladesh. Now, they are in a crucial situation again in the second Test. Can they score big in the second innings of the 2nd Test and give Bangladesh a tough target to chase? The team's past performances have been disappointing, but this is a chance for them to turn things around and draw the series. Let's see what they can do.

Pakistan will have to at least score 250. I mean 250 for BD to chase

Don't think Pakistan will cross 200 in their 2nd innings.

This batting is fragile and doesn't want to be out there.

Relax, man, you have got this in the bag.

Pakistan practically needs to score just 200 runs and it will be an assured win for them.

150’and we have a 50-50 chance.

Below 150, I will say Bangladeshiz would have an edge:

They are a higher ranked team than Bangladesh. They should.

But, it is likely that this game will be a draw considering Day 1 was rained out and there are further chances of rain. Let's see.

Relax, man, you have got this in the bag.

Pakistan practically needs to score just 200 runs and it will be an assured win for them.

150’and we have a 50-50 chance.

Below 150, I will say Bangladeshiz would have an edge:

Lol Pakistan is not bowling Bangladesh out, they bat deep unlike Pakistan, they will also be dealing with 120-130 km/hr pacers and a garbage halwa spinner in Abrar.

Find a prayer mat if you are a Pakistan fan.

Himmat rakho.
Pakistan will take the lead above 150 tomorrow which should be just enough.

Rain will have the final say. Bangladesh to leave Pakistan with a historic, and well deserved, 1-0 win.

Just looked at the scorecard. Really impressive display from the Bangladeshi lower order. At one stage they cold have become all out for 70-80 runs on the board, but to get to 262 is awesome. Well done.

Khurram Shahzad during the press conference post day-3 of 2nd Test Between Pakistan and Bangladesh:

"We always try to stay positive. I'm very hopeful that our batting lineup has the capacity to score a good total tomorrow, and our effort will be to bowl out the opponents. We will try to win the match."

I think 160 lead should be enough. BD would fell short by good 50-60 runs.
Infact they should declare with 160-170 runs lead as there is a forecast of washout day 5 so that they can pack BD tommorow itself.

Infact they should declare with 160-170 runs lead as there is a forecast of washout day 5 so that they can pack BD tommorow itself.
Yes please I agree..declare like first test match

Pakistan will most likely lose. They are chasing the series here.

Pakistan are playing a very inexperienced bowling attack.

Don't think 160 would be enough. But, no harm in trying.

There is rain on the forecast for Day 4 also.

Bowling attack is toothless after bowl stops swinging post 15 overs. So even if we get 5 or 6 early wickets they still score 250

The way they are playing it seems like Pakistan has already prepared themselves for losing this Test match.

so congratz to BD in advance winning this series 2-0.

It will be tough to bat aggressively when you are already 9/2. Shouldn't have sent the night watchman. Already shows defensive approach.

If you go into shell, you risk letting the bowlers settle and take wickets. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Should go for aggressive approach and go to shell if you lose 3 more wickets in first hour as 1-0 is still better than 2-0

It will be tough to bat aggressively when you are already 9/2. Shouldn't have sent the night watchman. Already shows defensive approach.

If you go into shell, you risk letting the bowlers settle and take wickets. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Should go for aggressive approach and go to shell if you lose 3 more wickets in first hour as 1-0 is still better than 2-0
Nightwatchman was fine. It was just one final ball. Else ploy worked and if tomorrow he had stuck out even 5 overs that would have helped take more of the new ball sting out

Nightwatchman was fine. It was just one final ball. Else ploy worked and if tomorrow he had stuck out even 5 overs that would have helped take more of the new ball sting out
But that shows the batsmen are not ready to face the pace bowler. Sending a nightwatchman is a defensive approach no matter how you make it out to be. A batsman.playing in top 3 is much more equipped to play the lateral movement than a tailendor

Chances are Babar will score a useless century tomorrow to save the game.

And everyone will be hyper excited at preventing a 2-0 loss to Bangladesh.

Don't think Pakistan will cross 200 in their 2nd innings.

This batting is fragile and doesn't want to be out there.
That’s the key thing. These guys don’t have the stomach for it. They don’t want to be there. They will try and end their suffering early.

He won't. Rana will get him out or Mehidy. Babar can't read them

If he does that it will be the best knock in his entire career :)

Joke aside,

Pakistan needs to score 250 plus here. It won't be easy to BD to get those runs. Hope rain stays away.

If he does that it will be the best knock in his entire career :)

Joke aside,

Pakistan needs to score 250 plus here. It won't be easy to BD to get those runs. Hope rain stays away.
Pakistan won't score 250. Their already 2 wickets down and Shan + Babar can't read mehidy. Rizwam and saud will need to do something and Saim Ayub will have to chip in

Pakistan won't score 250. Their already 2 wickets down and Shan + Babar can't read mehidy. Rizwam and saud will need to do something and Saim Ayub will have to chip in
lot depends on saim quick runs here... can’t expect much from our batters once the ball will start turning.

lot depends on saim quick runs here... can’t expect much from our batters once the ball will start turning.
Saim needs to show why he's an international player. While he's improving it's unacceptable that after 26 international games he only has 2 half centuries against Bangladesh that too when his input was needed (Granted his 50 in the first game, how he handled the early seam was well done)

He needs to now prove himself by scoring when Pakistan needs him most and not vanish like he did in the 2nd innings last time.

All i hear is people claiming he's the most talented player in pakistan. Well I don't see it

One person needs to go big and rest can bat around. At least 200 plus if not 250. Basically something for bowlers to work with.

But that shows the batsmen are not ready to face the pace bowler. Sending a nightwatchman is a defensive approach no matter how you make it out to be. A batsman.playing in top 3 is much more equipped to play the lateral movement than a tailendor
If a wicket falls with 10-15 mins to play, all team send night watchman. It's a very old and tested strategy

If a wicket falls with 10-15 mins to play, all team send night watchman. It's a very old and tested strategy
Also the night watchman got a ball that would have made Glen macgrath proud. A recognized batsman might have also got out on that ball and Pakistan would have been in more trouble

Their was no point in sending a nightwatchman in this scenario. It's not the same situation.

Pakistan are not ahead by any means, a nightwatchman only makes sense if the side is comfortably winning.

You don't want the added pressure to 2 wickets down off the bat and give the opposition confidence

Is it raining in Pindi ?
Nope, as I said, kudrat ki Nizam for Bangaldesh.

However their is a chance of rain predicted around 1pm to 4pm and after that's it's clear as sunshine. But it won't rain.

Pakistan weather is not as unpredictable as people think and this is the one area where the rain predictor gets it wrong.

Trust bro, it won't rain. This test match will complete and Bangaldesh will have their victory and I'll be happy.

Their was no point in sending a nightwatchman in this scenario. It's not the same situation.

Pakistan are not ahead by any means, a nightwatchman only makes sense if the side is comfortably winning.

You don't want the added pressure to 2 wickets down off the bat and give the opposition confidence
As I said in the above post the ball that got the night watchman out was a great ball. Could have had a recognized batsman in trouble. If that was the case Pakistan would have been in greater trouble

Nope, as I said, kudrat ki Nizam for Bangaldesh.

However their is a chance of rain predicted around 1pm to 4pm and after that's it's clear as sunshine. But it won't rain.

Pakistan weather is not as unpredictable as people think and this is the one area where the rain predictor gets it wrong.

Trust bro, it won't rain. This test match will complete and Bangaldesh will have their victory and I'll be happy.
Pakistan will win..(I am just trying to reverse jinx your jinx bro)

I am sorry but the only outcome I see is a BD win.

I have high hopes from Babar today, I would hate to see two straight Bangladeshi wins. :sanga:

I am sorry but the only outcome I see is a BD win.
remember whatever Pak scores in 3rd innings BD will have to score more than that..if BD bowlers can get Pak out cheaply so can Pak bowlers to BD batsman..We dont have any Kohli, Root in our line up

If weather clears , I bet pakistan will score around 250 in 2nd innings and put pressure on BD on final day to get them allout. BD cant handle pressure.

remember whatever Pak scores in 3rd innings BD will have to score more than that..if BD bowlers can get Pak out cheaply so can Pak bowlers to BD batsman..We dont have any Kohli, Root in our line up
They have to score like 12 more bhai? Why are you acting like pakistan have a 75 to 100 run lead?

They have to score like 12 more bhai? Why are you acting like pakistan have a 75 to 100 run lead?
if Pakistan scores 100 and get out BD still have to score 113 right? if BD bowlers can get Pak out for 100 why cant Pak bowlers get BD out for less than 113. Bhai again we do not have any Kohli, root like batters, best in this team is liton and mushfik. and usually these players if they well in before innings/test do not do well in the next

I am just saying what is what in my experience of following my team, as like you

Already 5 down, how many more humiliation for us? Khurram Shahzad was saying yesterday he believes our batting line up will set a good total

Bangladesh seems to be treating this series as a message to India. Reminds me of the WWE times when everyone would be picking on Funaki to send a message before the main event.

Absolute given the moment we let BD off that we would be in this position.

Back