Will Tottenham Hotspurs effectively end Arsenal's Premier League title challenge on Sunday?

Will Tottenham Hotspurs effectively end Arsenal's Premier League title challenge on Sunday?

• Yes, the defeat will be end of the dream

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Premier League leaders Arsenal face 'the biggest north London derby for 20 years' as fierce rivals Spurs look to derail their title challenge at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Sunday,.

The Gunners know they will remain at the summit with a win to move a step closer to a first Premier League title in two decades, when Arsene Wenger's Invincibles secured the title at White Hart Lane in 2004.

But Spurs, backed by a home crowd desperate not to see Mikel Arteta's side become champions, have the chance of double delight on Sunday, knowing victory would severely dent Arsenal's title dreams while boosting their own hopes of a top-four finish.

So, will this be the end of the Premier League title dream for Arsenal?

Of course, other games have to be played and Man City themselves will also confront Spurs but a loss for Arsenal will be hugely damaging.

3-0 half time against this lot.

Doing what has to be done.

Forget the personal agendas for a bit lads and just enjoy these moments!!

If we fall short of the title, he'll end up going into hiding in his cave.
If title is won he will pretend that he said they would.

He's sat on fence all season after being humilated last season

Arsenal 3-0 after 45 mins with just 29% possession! Remarkable.

I want this to be 5 or 6 nil now

We just want to enjoy the game but he can't stop pinging us because he's known to be mentally touched in the head (google it) but it gives me so much pleasure to know that I live rent free in his head.

Arsenal 3-0 after 45 mins with just 29% possession! Remarkable.
I would say that's rather fortunate.
Shocking defending on corners from spurs. Otherwise comfortably the better team.
Arsenal fans should be doubly happy with the way the game has played out. Spurs will deffo give man city a game playing like this, and will have more opportunities to counter

They held on luckily at 1-0.

Spurs blew their chance when they had Arsenal by the ropes

As AJ said, the turning point was when they thought they had scored, only to find out that it was offside.

Their heads had dropped after missing all those chances they had. Arsenal feasted off from that shift in momentum.

They held on luckily at 1-0.

Spurs blew their chance when they had Arsenal by the ropes
Where was the luck part? Spurs have been hogging the ball but they have done nothing with it. No one asked Romero to hit the post from 2 yards and no one asked that Dutch defender to be off-side.

Absolutely no luck involved. Just Arteta showing that Arsenal can win big games in different ways.

HT: Tottenham 0-3 Arsenal

This is amazing from Arsenal

Arteta has unlocked the Havertz Chelsea paid big money for. He is going to be even better next season and will be a major part of Arsenal’s success in years to come.

This is the difference between one of the best managers in the world and AFTV fans like @topspin and @Amjid Javed who don’t know the first thing about football.
Yep, above post I’m 100% in agreement with.
Remember the meltdown posters were having when Havertz was new to the club and still finding his feet.
So called Arsenal know-it-all fans quick to criticise players, manager and head of football (Edu’s title?).
Come on time for a huge serving of humble pie.

Where was the luck part? Spurs have been hogging the ball but they have done nothing with it. No one asked Romero to hit the post from 2 yards and no one asked that Dutch defender to be off-side.

Absolutely no luck involved. Just Arteta showing that Arsenal can win big games in different ways.
Right

So let’s all start fighting with you here too?

I would say that's rather fortunate.
Shocking defending on corners from spurs. Otherwise comfortably the better team.
Arsenal fans should be doubly happy with the way the game has played out. Spurs will deffo give man city a game playing like this, and will have more opportunities to counter

I hope Spurs will give City a contest but unfortunately I think their high line might end up costing them dearly again.

Odegaard needs to toughen up here

He’s losing the ball, moving too slowly and his passing hasn’t been penetrating.

This is where you need him to step up

Brain fart from Raya.

If we can ride the wave till the 80th we should be OK.

This is where declan rice will rise

🤣 Someone pretending they predicted title when a few weeks ago they said any of 3 teams can win it.

Changing predictions like underwear.

He’s losing the ball, moving too slowly and his passing hasn’t been penetrating.

He's doing alright. Maddison being subbed off in a NLD tells you all you need to know.

Brain fart from Raya.

If we can ride the wave till the 80th we should be OK.

This is where declan rice will rise
Whilst he's better than Ramsdale, he's not an elite keeper.

The 2 CBs and rice are man reason for teams defensive ability

Lack of composure here since that 1st goal was gifted

Full time 2-3

3 points, that 2nd half was way to messy.

But we have won

3 points.... 3 points. In there end is all that matters.

NLD is always crazy

Right I'm off to fit a kitchen in my other house.

Don't bother with city games.

Enjoy guys. ADIOS

Celebration police will be crying again but keep going. I love when people get butt-hurt by Arsenal’s celebrations.

Great win. Great team. Great manager.

Arsenal made it nervy towards the end but ultimately they won't care

At this stage of the season it's about 3 points and the pressure is now back on City

Going to be interesting to see how Spurs approach their game against City

1714316835752.png

Arsenal overcame the hurdle of a north London derby and an anxious finale to maintain momentum in the Premier League title pursuit with a vital victory at Tottenham.

The Gunners' meeting with their bitter rivals was seen as arguably the most treacherous of their remaining fixtures, but they took ruthless advantage of Spurs' defensive flaws to establish a three-goal lead by half-time.

Arsenal were then thrown off course when a dreadful clearance by goalkeeper David Raya presented Cristian Romero with a goal, the nerves really jangling when Son Heung-min scored from the spot three minutes from the end of normal time after Declan Rice fouled Ben Davies.

He got the better of Maddison as expected but as you've rightly highlighted, his mentality and physicality are suspect.

I just can’t see the point of this guy Tomiyasu

Reminds me of the traumatic Squillaci times

Need a proper player instead of him

Struggled to watch the last 6 minutes or so...

Edge of your seats stuff all started by another brain fade from Raya...

But we held on for the victory and that's all that matters.... 3 points in the bag... Bournemouth next

I just can’t see the point of this guy Tomiyasu

Reminds me of the traumatic Squillaci times

Need a proper player instead of him
Kiwor is not a natural LB

Zinchenko is trash

Timber is not fully fit.

Tomi is a RB asking to be played at LB , best of a bad bunch

Spurs are weak as urine, they need to get rid of the keeper whose absolutely pathetic at corners that's it become a meme.

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta, speaking to BBC Match of the Day about 100 Premier League wins as Gunners boss: "Thank you to everyone at the club for supporting me and to the staff for contributing to that - it's a good day to celebrate that.”

On north Londo derby win: "Credit to the opponent it is a beautiful stadium with a great atmosphere and we know how much it means to north London. We gave it away and made a huge mistake, but the reaction from my players [was good].

“David Raya stood up and took six-to-seven crosses and that is what we want and if you are going to take risks you have that reaction - I am really proud of them [players].”

On risks playing out from the back: “It is worth it depending on the game context. That error is not bad luck it is execution and the moment before that the picture was not what we wanted it.

“It is a team that has the ability to hurt you, they take a lot of risks in the possession - they are difficult to play against. They have quality and in the game context it allows us to sit deeper which we didn’t plan to do a lot.

“It was really difficult one and to do it two years in a row [win at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium] is even more difficult.”

Back