Woman raped on busy footpath in Ujjain, passersby shoot videos instead of helping

Bhaag Viru Bhaag

Senior Test Player
Runs

State Congress president Jitu Patwari said while the BJP was protesting across the country over the RG Kar rape-murder case, a woman was raped on a footpath in the CM’s consistency in Madhya Pradesh.​

The woman was medically examined and Lokesh was presented before the court, which sent the accused to judicial custody.

The video of a woman being raped on a footpath in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain district has unleashed a war of words between the Congress and the ruling BJP. The Opposition party trained its guns over the ‘deteriorating law and order’ in the state, pointing out that the crime took place in Chief Minister Mohan Yadav’s constituency.

According to the police, the woman was raped on a footpath in Koyla Phatak, one of the busiest intersections in Ujjain, on Wednesday. The incident was also shot by passersby but nobody intervened to stop the crime, they added.
Om Prakash Mishra, City Superintendent of Police (CSP), Ujjain, said, “Yesterday (Thursday) at around 3.30 pm, a woman came to the police station and reported that she had been raped. Immediately a woman officer was called, her story was heard and an FIR was registered after informing senior officers.”

The police said the woman in her complaint named one Lokesh as the accused. “Immediately a team was formed and sent in search of Lokesh and yesterday (Thursday) itself within two hours of the FIR being registered, we arrested Lokesh. The accused was brought to the police station and questioned, during which Lokesh admitted to committing the crime,” Mishra said.
The woman was medically examined and Lokesh was presented before the court, which sent the accused to judicial custody.

“Apart from this, the statement of the woman was also recorded before the court today (Friday). The woman has confirmed the incident of rape before the court… A video of this incident was made which also came to the police, we have taken it as evidence,” Mishra said.

The police have alleged that the accused “promised to marry the victim, made her drink liquor, and then raped her on Wednesday.”

State Congress president Jitu Patwari said that while the BJP was protesting across the country over the RG Kar rape-murder case, a woman was raped on a footpath in the CM’s consistency in Madhya Pradesh.

“The BJP is protesting across the country against the RG Kar Medical College and Hospital rape and murder incident… In Madhya Pradesh, 18 women are raped or face some form of harassment every day. Boundaries were crossed when in the chief minister’s own constituency, a woman was raped on the footpath… Why is MP CM Mohan Yadav, Union Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, and PM Modi silent? There is a jungle raj (lawlessness) in Madhya Pradesh,” Patwari said.

“The Congress has no issues to corner the Madhya Pradesh government and that’s why they try to give such a colour to the incident… The BJP government is the first government to introduce a law to give the death penalty to the perpetrators of these kinds of incidents… The accused has been arrested and the state government will ensure that strict action is taken against them,” he remarked.

At 3.30pm in a busy place, people were just watching & filming ? What kind of humanity is this ?

I don't like the way politicians use rape as political football.

Statistically, there is a high percentage of Indians who are rapists/molesters, and statistically, there is a high percentage that are potential rapists. They are distributed across the population so it makes sense they are distributed across all political parties.

No party should try to take the moral high ground.

I don't know where Ujjain is but I'm guessing it's an area in a BIMARU state, without reading the article.

Statistically, there is a high percentage of Indians who are rapists/molesters, and statistically, there is a high percentage that are potential rapists.

Statistics say the opposite in fact .. that India has a low rape per capita index. Not that it means anything.

normal day in India

feel sorry for the women living there, they dont deserve to be treated like

Why are we surprised? India is the only country in the world where an animal has more rights than a human. So what chance does an innocent women have in a country that is built upon Hindu principles which encourage Sati and promote cow vigilantes?

Terrible. The guy took revenge on the girl. At least he did not kill her like all these useless thugs do to women after they rape them.

OP has eagle eyes for all such News. May be a rape thread should be created to report all such News. Crime Patrol thread of Pak Passion (y)

Disgusting and shameful, hopefully the victim will be given proper justice and more strict punishment for culprits

When you hear news like this, don't you wish you had the laws to stone the perp to death? But OH WAIT, that's Sharia so it has to be evil to do it.. LOL

I will bet you if you have cases like these and you publicly punish a few perps, you will see how quickly such crimes will go down.

When you hear news like this, don't you wish you had the laws to stone the perp to death? But OH WAIT, that's Sharia so it has to be evil to do it.. LOL

I will bet you if you have cases like these and you publicly punish a few perps, you will see how quickly such crimes will go down.
Rajam is not just for rapes. It is for adulterers too. Which means consenting adults will also be stoned to death if they have sex and they are not married.

I am sure you know that.

As for this case, the culprit must be hanged or life imprisonment without parole.

Rajam is not just for rapes. It is for adulterers too. Which means consenting adults will also be stoned to death if they have sex and they are not married.

I am sure you know that.

As for this case, the culprit must be hanged or life imprisonment without parole.
Yes, I know that and yes this may sound like over the top for you, but for most of us this is not a big deal because we usually don't go around doing that sort of thing. So it might be of concern to you, not for us.

But thanks for helping me understand even more now in light of this case how Shariat wont work for people like you. (y)

Yes, I know that and yes this may sound like over the top for you, but for most of us this is not a big deal because we usually don't go around doing that sort of thing. So it might be of concern to you, not for us.

But thanks for helping me understand even more now in light of this case how Shariat wont work for people like you. (y)
We have secular laws to deal with such rapists. In the Nirbhaya Delhi rape case, the culprits were hanged. It took many years for the court to conclude their decision. I wish the hanging sentence did not take that long. Indian courts are painfully slow.

We have secular laws to deal with such rapists. In the Nirbhaya Delhi rape case, the culprits were hanged. It took many years for the court to conclude their decision. I wish the hanging sentence did not take that long. Indian courts are painfully slow.
What is a secular law, again? I am just curious because you guys use that term in a totally different context.

But kudos to the courts, at least they arrived at the correct decision in that terrible case. I hope it gave the poor parents some solace.

What is a secular law, again? I am just curious because you guys use that term in a totally different context.

But kudos to the courts, at least they arrived at the correct decision in that terrible case. I hope it gave the poor parents some solace.
Indian constitution and laws.

Indian constitution and laws.
But where did that come from? Its the same as the British commonwealth law I am guessing and that's what we have in Pakistan as well. We don't stone to death for adultery or rape, so I am guessing the source for both countries is the British commonwealth law, unless someone has a better understanding of the historicity of it.

The religion of the rapists must be revealed immediately.

The men around shooting the rape were probably the rapists buddies. This was a revenge rape. So pre planned.
If there is a murder with weapon killing someone in broad daylight, then the cowardice of passers by is understood.

But this?

I don't know where Ujjain is but I'm guessing it's an area in a BIMARU state, without reading the article.
Hope you are following the Expose in Kerala film industry, where actors and directors have been sexually assaulting female actresses for years.

@Bhaijaan would be interested in your Bharati/Santani/Dharmic perspective brother.
This is bollywood culture. Bollywood has for long glorified the trope of the "good guy" sexually harassing the object of his love/lust, killing her if she married someone else, or even assaulting her so that she falls in love with him.

Hope you are following the Expose in Kerala film industry, where actors and directors have been sexually assaulting female actresses for years.

That is casting couch - directors/producers asking for sexual favours in return for promised acting roles. Similiar to what happened in the US for which the infamous Harvey Weinstein was sentenced to prison and rightfully so.

That's different from what happened in Ujjain.

That's the case everywhere in the world I'd assume. Few people actually report their ordeals.
The scale is not the same. Where there is a culture of honor and shame, and where the victim is blamed, and where even the law is unable to protect you trial from media voyerism, the unreported would be more.

It is not the same case everywhere.

That is casting couch - directors/producers asking for sexual favours in return for promised acting roles. Similiar to what happened in the US for which the infamous Harvey Weinstein was sentenced to prison and rightfully so.

That's different from what happened in Ujjain.
Oh you mean it was consensual. Forgit it happened in the most literate state, so the rapes must be consensual.

This is bollywood culture. Bollywood has for long glorified the trope of the "good guy" sexually harassing the object of his love/lust, killing her if she married someone else, or even assaulting her so that she falls in love with him.
What about the objectification of women's bodies in films?

This is an interesting point.

Are there millions of young males who lust over such entertainment & then act it out themselves in real life ? Why & how can any type of sexual assault be glorified ?

Oh you mean it was consensual. Forgit it happened in the most literate state, so the rapes must be consensual.

Sexual harrasment is the correct term.

A famous malayali actress was raped in a moving vehicle in 2017. Her case was what sparked an investigation into the kerala film industry and the subsequent govt report revealed the endemic casting couch practice. Actresses got together, formed a union and helped in creating this report. It's basically Kerala's 'MeToo' moment.

What about the objectification of women's bodies in films?
That is a problem, but a lesser one, compared to what bollywood (and all its cousins in indian movies) promote.
Kachrawood(bollywood) is the number one culture influencer in India. Masses who have nothing to do, go to watch movies on weekends, or stay at home watching TV. Even the slums who have no basic necessities, will always have a dish tv connection over their tin roof. They have been promoting this behavior since a long time. At least earlier rapes were done by villains. Now it is the protagonist who does that.

Stalking is romance.
Non consensual touching is love.
Sexual harassment is "eve teasing".
Bewafa ki saza maut.
No means yes.
Hansi toh fasi.
Agar tum meri nahi ho sakti to kisi aur ki bhi nahi ho sakti.

and all that garbage of kachrawood.

Sexual harrasment is the correct term.

A famous malayali actress was raped in a moving vehicle in 2017. Her case was what sparked an investigation into the kerala film industry and the subsequent govt report revealed the endemic casting couch practice. Actresses got together, formed a union and helped in creating this report. It's basically Kerala's 'MeToo' moment.
Sexual assault becomes sexual harassment in literate state?

An Indian state, shaken by weeks of protests demanding justice after the rape and murder of a doctor, passed a law on Tuesday that could lead to the execution of rapists.

Protests erupted in West Bengal last month to demand justice for a doctor who was brutally raped and killed at a state-run hospital in the local capital of Kolkata, and to call for an end to violence against women in India.

The 31-year-old doctor's body was found with multiple injuries on Aug. 9 in a lecture hall at the city's R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospital, where the woman had gone to rest during a night shift when she was attacked. An autopsy confirmed sexual assault and multiple injuries sustained before she died. It also suggested she resisted and may have been tortured before being murdered.
The Kolkata Police arrested a volunteer member of the police force the next day and charged him with rape and murder, as the case drew national outcry. Medics across the country demanded safer workplaces while citizens demanded safety for women in a country with a shameful record of rape.

India reported an average of nearly 90 rapes per day in 2022, according to the most recent data from the National Crime Records Bureau, although experts believe the real number could be much higher, since many rapes go unreported due to prevailing stigmas around sexual violence and a lack of faith in police investigations. Conviction rates remain low.

The new West Bengal law, passed Tuesday by the state assembly but yet to be approved by the president, expresses outrage at the chronic issue of violence against women. It is largely symbolic because India's criminal code applies uniformly across the country.

However, presidential approval could make an exception and see it become state law.

The law raises punishment for rape from the current sentences of at least 10 years to either life imprisonment or execution.

The doctor's murder sparked strikes by medics and rallies backed by thousands of ordinary citizens across India, although many doctors have since returned to work.

Let’s hope this passes all over India . Well done to whoever put this together

An Indian state, shaken by weeks of protests demanding justice after the rape and murder of a doctor, passed a law on Tuesday that could lead to the execution of rapists.
That was for political posturing. West Bengal has a very poor rape conviction. The chief minister who passed this law is on record to blame rape victims (that they may be having affairs, or trying to malign her govt). West bengal is a state, where there is Partycracy - the party and its cadres can do anything. Victims are raped for political vendetta where they lose count of how many people assaulted them.

Protests erupted in West Bengal last month to demand justice for a doctor who was brutally raped and killed at a state-run hospital in the local capital of Kolkata, and to call for an end to violence against women in India.

The 31-year-old doctor's body was found with multiple injuries on Aug. 9 in a lecture hall at the city's R.G. Kar Medical College and Hospital, where the woman had gone to rest during a night shift when she was attacked. An autopsy confirmed sexual assault and multiple injuries sustained before she died. It also suggested she resisted and may have been tortured before being murdered.
The Kolkata Police arrested a volunteer member of the police force the next day and charged him with rape and murder, as the case drew national outcry. Medics across the country demanded safer workplaces while citizens demanded safety for women in a country with a shameful record of rape.

India reported an average of nearly 90 rapes per day in 2022, according to the most recent data from the National Crime Records Bureau, although experts believe the real number could be much higher, since many rapes go unreported due to prevailing stigmas around sexual violence and a lack of faith in police investigations. Conviction rates remain low.

The new West Bengal law, passed Tuesday by the state assembly but yet to be approved by the president, expresses outrage at the chronic issue of violence against women. It is largely symbolic because India's criminal code applies uniformly across the country.

However, presidential approval could make an exception and see it become state law.

The law raises punishment for rape from the current sentences of at least 10 years to either life imprisonment or execution.

The doctor's murder sparked strikes by medics and rallies backed by thousands of ordinary citizens across India, although many doctors have since returned to work.

Let’s hope this passes all over India . Well done to whoever put this together

Say No to the death penalty.

It's a barbaric practice, human beings shouldn't have the authority to take other people's lives.

Man Who Recorded Ujjain Rape Arrested, MP CM Mohan Yadav Says Nobody Will Be Spared​

The Ujjain Police have arrested a man accused of recording an incident of rape of a woman trash collector by a man in broad daylight on foothpath in the temple town on Saturday.

According to the police, the accused, Mohammad Salim shot the video of the heinous crime which took place on Wednesday and posted the video on social media platforms. The police said that Salim, a native of Nagda town, has a history of crimes.

In a horrific incident, the woman was allegedly raped by a man, named Lokesh, after he forced the victim to consume liquor in broad daylight light on a footpath at Kayala Pharak area in Ujjain.

Additionally, some miscreants shot the video of the incident instead of taking any action and made the videos viral by posting it on social media. The incident has triggered widespread outrage and a political confrontation between the Congress and the ruling BJP.

Acting on the victim’s complaint, the police arrested the rape accused. Police said that the accused Lokesh had promised to marry her, made her drink liquor, and then raped her on Wednesday.

“Accused Lokesh promised to marry her, made her drink liquor and then raped her on Wednesday. Some people who were passing by shot videos of the incident instead of stopping the crime. Lokesh later fled from the spot. After the woman filed a complaint when the effect of alcohol wore off, Lokesh was arrested,” Kotwali Area’s City Superintendent of Police (CSP) Om Prakash Mishra said.

Say No to the death penalty.

It's a barbaric practice, human beings shouldn't have the authority to take other people's lives.
Execution by hanging is actually being merciful to a rapist. Such people should be fed to hungry lions.

Bollywood has had a big audience so these things must have been lapped up and accepted by your people for many years.

After Kolkata doctor rape, india alliance supporters are plotting rapes, molestations cases in BJP ruled states

I'm 38 years old, and till this day I haven't figured out how someone can have the audacity to even think of raping someone. I can't even imagine in my wildest dream of touching a woman with my little finger without her concent.

I'm 38 years old, and till this day I haven't figured out how someone can have the audacity to even think of raping someone. I can't even imagine in my wildest dream of touching a woman with my little finger without her concent.
You are a rarity. Whenever a beautiful girl walks by, I turn to focus on the men around her and without fail, they have their eyes set on the girl. First they rape with their eyes. After that it depends on how much opportunity they have.

My grandmother ( very strong personality) would proudly say that I get complaints about my grandsons, that they had a fight and all that, but I have never got a complaint that they said anything to a woman. Maybe because were were brought up in a matriarchal family where women made the decisions and men did the earning. I was so not used to talking to girls that in college girls had this rumour that I was a gay. But this is also not right. Many girls find it offensive if you don't make eye contact and don't shake hands.

You are a rarity. Whenever a beautiful girl walks by, I turn to focus on the men around her and without fail, they have their eyes set on the girl. First they rape with their eyes. After that it depends on how much opportunity they have.

My grandmother ( very strong personality) would proudly say that I get complaints about my grandsons, that they had a fight and all that, but I have never got a complaint that they said anything to a woman. Maybe because were were brought up in a matriarchal family where women made the decisions and men did the earning. I was so not used to talking to girls that in college girls had this rumour that I was a gay. But this is also not right. Many girls find it offensive if you don't make eye contact and don't shake hands.
Here's what Jesus Christ said -

Matthew 5:27-28 - "You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery'. But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart".

Jesus Christ told us to do things which are almost impossible for us mere mortals. Which is why he also said -

Matthew 26:40-43 - "Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Ah, there it is, spotted, a devoted cult member in their natural habitat

Truth is always bitter…. In 92 Ajmer rape case who were culprits? They were Ajmer youth congress leaders… recently SC convicted them

Have u forgotten what allegations made by Simi Rosebell John on Kerala congress leaders?

Truth is always bitter…. In 92 Ajmer rape case who were culprits? They were Ajmer youth congress leaders… recently SC convicted them

Have u forgotten what allegations made by Simi Rosebell John on Kerala congress leaders?
It seems that Indian society faces more challenges than we may have initially understood. Each day brings new and unsettling revelations, and it's concerning to see how some individuals justify or accept these issues as normal. This raises important questions about the broader societal mindset and the need for meaningful dialogue and reform.

Disgraceful. People involved in this including the person recorded should be punished to the full extent of law.

The man who filmed a woman being raped on a footpath in broad daylight in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain has been arrested. The police also recovered the mobile phone that the accused used to record the video

Superintendent of Police Pradeep Sharma said that the accused, identified as Mohammad Salim, is a resident of Prakash Nagar, Nagda, and works as an auto-rickshaw driver.

The police also found the video of the rape incident on the accused's phone. Meanwhile, more information is being collected about all the people he shared the video with and those who further circulated it.

SP Sharma further said that the police are also probing the angle if the accused shot the video as part of a conspiracy. "We are also trying to ascertain the intention behind deliberately making the video viral by the accused", he said.

A separate case has been registered against the accused auto driver under sections 72, 77, 294 of the Bharatiya Nyay Sanhita (BNS), IT Act and Indecent Representation of Women Act, SP Sharma informed.

Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Mohan Yadav reacted strongly to the heinous crime and promised stern action against all those responsible.

Source: India Today

It seems that Indian society faces more challenges than we may have initially understood. Each day brings new and unsettling revelations, and it's concerning to see how some individuals justify or accept these issues as normal. This raises important questions about the broader societal mindset and the need for meaningful dialogue and reform.

Some ppls wants to hear news from only BJP ruled states, but they keep mum on Kolkata rape

Back