Worst bowling action?

cornered-tigers

Tape Ball Star
Runs
I start with the one below but whats wrong with it,

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_DDmCnkRqNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ehtesham-Ud-din's action comes to mind quickly, it was such a funny one,

Why is that video is super slow mo????

Ugly actions?

Murali, Malinga, Edwards, Pollock, Paul Adams, Sohail Tanvir .......

The one Pollock had around 98-99 was ugly, never liked Nel's or Sreesanth's either.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z5CsN7LwFi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
In no order:

Harmison
Paul Adams
Ata-ur-Rehman
Pollock
Ronnie Irani
Malinga
Kapil Dev
Nel
Harbhajan
Mohd Irfan

Last edited:
Some more:

Prasad
Alan Mulally
Debashish Mohanty :)
Kuruvilla
Nehra

From what I've seen on old footage:

Jeff Thompson
Abdul Qadir

Not going to say for fear of being flamed.

Depends whether worst means ugliest or most illegal.

Depends whether worst means ugliest or most illegal.

Oh so you are thinking towards the Ajmal/Shabbir Angle, Ishmart Boy!

Yes those 2 have ugly and allegedly Illegal actions, I hope you aint thinkin Akhtar

You guessed it.

Whether defined as ugly or illegal, it's Murali, Shabbir and Ajmal for me.

Yes Johan Botha + Mushtaq Ahmed + Abdul Qadir (Ugliness personified esp Mushy's early action)

Sikander Bakht, closely followed by Safraz

yes, it looked like if sarfraz was bringing something hidden in his hand and was literally floating, not running, one he'll of n ugly action, there was this guy ejtesham
Ud din, he would just dip
his arms towards the ground unnecessarily

yes, it looked like if sarfraz was bringing something hidden in his hand and was literally floating, not running, one he'll of n ugly action, there was this guy ejtesham
Ud din, he would just dip
his arms towards the ground unnecessarily

I've heard of him but was too young to see him play. My brothers have mentioned him. He was picked whilst playing in the local leagues during the 1982 tour, if I remember correctly.

At ur Rehman, he is a medium paced trundler slower than Kumble that played for Pakistan during the early to late 90's his action changes from delivery after delivery. I have never seen anything like his bowling..

In no order:

Harmison
Paul Adams
Ata-ur-Rehman
Pollock
Ronnie Irani
Malinga
Kapil Dev
Nel
Harbhajan
Mohd Irfan

at least, please not Kapil. He had a perfect action for Out-swing & Indian condition (For longer spells). He used to open with 20/23 steps & after few overs, you could see only 20/23 footsteps on the run-up; so perfect.

If we take awkwardness from spectators visibility, then probably Sohail Tanvir, Malinga, Adams & Thompson 'll come, may be Manoj as well; but if you consider bowling action of the physic, Sohaib's action was a killer, & Imran's early one of '71, was not great either.

Hamish Bennett from NZ immediately comes to mind.

Ronnie Irani :)) that's a good, I mean bad one.

Never liked Pollock either.

At ur Rehman, he is a medium paced trundler slower than Kumble that played for Pakistan during the early to late 90's his action changes from delivery after delivery. I have never seen anything like his bowling..

No way RR, Atat was definitely pacey, just bowled short and wide crap.

Mohanty LOL - yea that double windmill was pretty awful.

Arnel of NZ as well, looks like he is constipated.

Abdul Qadir , especially the follow through.

Has anyone seen Mohinder Amarnath bowl? Even though he was a part timer, his run up to the crease was quite pathetic.

And all those part time lolly poppers.... such as Carl Hooper, Jimmy Adams and Darren Lehmann

All those legendry bowlers we had in the past - Paras Mhambrey, Dodda Ganesh, Harvinder Singh, Sarandeep Singh

I guess the such title was used in the video in the first post just to increase it's view count.

No one can beat Paul Adams.

tv_paul_adams_3.jpg

94324.jpg

Paul%20Adams_03102008.jpg

_39265115_paul_adams_247.jpg

Seriously who else looks at the sky at the time of delivery?

Weird actions : Malinga, Sohail Tanvir.

Last edited:
Q for all

Why do we (India / Pak / SL / B'desh) produce more chuckers or people with frowned upon actions than lets say Aus / Eng.....

anybody seen abdul razzak(the bangladeshi left arm spinner not the razzler) bowl?
looks like he is throwing a pie or something.

Some of the pics posted by alizee are absolutely hilarious. Adams looking at sky while bowling lol

easy:

At-ur-Rehman and Dermot Reeve, both having the electric shock action... Rehman's runup incl the blink, twitch etc edges it for me...

but how some folks think the likes of Gul and Kapil Dev have the worst actions I just don't know

You guessed it.

Whether defined as ugly or illegal, it's Murali, Shabbir and Ajmal for me.

youll have to include Flintoff in this -he had huge flexion in his arm at point of delivery

for me its
Sohail Tanvir
Yuvraj Singh -pie chucker
Malinga
Romesh Powar
Derek Pringle
Bob Willis

best actions

Holding
Imran
Hadlee
Amir
Wasim

I never liked Glenn McGrath's action, although I suspect I wouldn't have disliked it as much if he didn't get wickets every time he bowled.

Andrew Flintoff. One of my favourite bowlers, but it put too much strain on his body. Made me cringe thinking about how much damage he must have been doing to himself bowling that way. He never cared though, I remember he used to throw the ball back from the boundary in a manner which is most likely to cause injury too.

Gul when he's out of sync looks like he's been made out of a Meccano set, arms and legs waving in all directions.

did paul adams ever get called, his arm seems bent in some of those pics.

Ata-ur-Rehman had this weird cradling-elbow in the back of the person standing behind you in a Pakistani queue-type of action.

1996 England Tour I recall.

Sri Lanka the producers of Chuckers

First Muralitharan, now Randiv. Randiv might as well just stand and throw it, why does he need to have a run up. Disgraceful bowlers...

Ugliest currently Malinga, Tait, I kind of hate Abdul Razzaq's action too.

The most rhythmic bowler for me is Brett Lee, steyn comes close but still no one can beat Lee's action.

glenn mcgrath(lol ,jk :p)

suliemann benn has a very weird action. arms falling all over. also he has a major attitude problem.

Madan Lal was another one, he used to unwind two three times in his run up

Here is Madan's action, at 1:27 you would see the real action, its like "Chabi ka Gudda", toy that is wound and left on the ground to go ;)

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zkDSsZgcG9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Without a doubt Junaid khan has the ugliest action in international cricket these days

Shoaib has a fantastic action, don't know why he was even mentioned in this thread. Paul Adams wins this by a long way ... but putting him to one side I think it's gotta be that lulloo Ashwin

I think Harbajhan has a very cool classical action. Same with Sreesanth.

I guess the such title was used in the video in the first post just to increase it's view count.

No one can beat Paul Adams.

tv_paul_adams_3.jpg

94324.jpg

Paul%20Adams_03102008.jpg

_39265115_paul_adams_247.jpg

Seriously who else looks at the sky at the time of delivery?

Weird actions : Malinga, Sohail Tanvir.

Which arm is he bowling with!?

Ata ur Rehman had a strange action but he definitely was not a trundler.

I want to say Sohail Tanvir, but some people may get offended. If they bowl like him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ladies and gentlemen ... welcome to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EuropeanCricketLeague?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#EuropeanCricketLeague</a> <br><br>&#55358;&#56631;&#55358;&#56631;&#55358;&#56631; <a href="https://t.co/ctrhyJvs4b">pic.twitter.com/ctrhyJvs4b</a></p>— Fox Cricket (@FoxCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/FoxCricket/status/1156128415298101248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 30, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:|

Jasprit Bumrah.
would not recommend trying. if a pakistani tried to bowl like that, the chucking allegations will start.

Back