WT20 | India vs Sri Lanka | Final | 6th April, 2014 | India Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakss

Test Debutant
Runs
The covers are off and we should have the toss soon

I'd rather the game concludes today. Don't want to be half following a final at work

earlier the thought was wicket will spin so bat first but now Wet outfield rain threat so bowl first decisions decisions :13:

Prob best to bowl first, the later the game starts the more dew there will be later

INdia batting first would ensure atleast SL have a chance

Kohli will fire again today and prove to everyone that he can turn it on batting first.

Don't see the tense Lankans chase anything above 150 tonight. Lets just play proper cricket and not aim for something ridiculous. You don't need 170 against Lankans, trust me chico.

Don't see the tense Lankans chase anything above 150 tonight. Lets just play proper cricket and not aim for something ridiculous. You don't need 170 against Lankans, trust me chico.

Pressure in the final of a WC in a run chase does funny things to batsman

India has to apply the 'dhoniconda' in the 2nd innings if we have to win here :msd

Lost myself $40 <.<

SL should chase down anything India set.

India are the best bowling team in the tournament. Their strength will be defending. In a chase, their strength is one man. Kohli.

This is what I mean't when I said Kohli is not a match winner in T20s, he can't bat teams out of the game in T20s.

Last edited:
WT20 | India vs Sri Lanka | Final | 6th Arpil, 2014 | India Innings

This is what I mean't about Kohli not being a match winner, he can't bat teams out of the game in T20s. Master Chaser though.

Lets wait & see

Pressure will be the only thing stopping SL today, should win this..

Indian's aren't jinxing, they know SL bat deep and can play spin well.

SL at least have a chance, since India aren't chasing.
Kusal Perera really needs to fire today.

Chasing in a final is not easy

But you have 3 senior pros and some quality players in your side. You should win.

Rohit, Raina, Yuvi and Dhoni will have to step up.

Batting second wins you game here. Lankans will have chance till end, all they need is one batter to click. Indians need 200+ to make sure they win it.

Yuvraj needs to move down the order. He is going to take 10 overs to get set.

Batting second wins you game here. Lankans will have chance till end, all they need is one batter to click. Indians need 200+ to make sure they win it.

LOL, What ? Now India gotta put a score of 200 to defend against the Lankans ?

I started watching the Titanic at the start of the SL anthem and it finished before it :)

Just revised all the mathematics formulas known to mankind. #ThankYouAnthem :yk

Im more than confident of india's bowling to defend any total they get today

Bitter about what :facepalm:

The stats are there for everyone to see..

Bore off with stats- stats tell half the story and the game is played on the pitch.

Kohli is a world class player. Yes hes not as good batting first but he is still miles ahead of most middle order batters in the world, certainly his Pakistani compatriots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lanka had the 2011 WC final in mind when they asked India to bat first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back