You know things are good when....

cricfan967

ODI Debutant
Runs
Well , we have a 'You know things are bad when ...' thread so why not have a 'You know things are good when..' thread?

We must not always look at the negatives
Hopefully this thread will be bumped often :)

I'll get us started

You know things are good when Pakistan trash a team by 10 wickets

You know things are good when your captain has an MBA :misbah

Last edited:
I have nothing to contribute as to the actual 'things are good when' bit...

im just here to say I love this thread, and INSHALLAH this thread will be bumped every time Pakistan plays

You know things are good when you beat in three days the same team that so called number 1 India took three tests to beat.

You know things are good when you bowl out for 100 the same team that scored 400+ multiple times against so called number 1 team India.

Booyaka :p

^ ^ in both cases, lets not forget India was playing at HOME! :D

You know things are good when you have a batsman in your team with a test batting average of 72.00, and a bowler with a test bowling average of 23.20.

You know things are good when you actually start admiring someone from the Akmal khandaan.:adnan

You know things are good when we have a fast bowler who bowls a ten over spell @145k+.

You know things are good when you have a captain who actually leads from the front.

When you have all the 11 players in the side contributing..
When everybody in your team can bat...

...when you don't see Kamran Akmal in the Test Playing XI

when you see a thread like this on PP.

I don't remember a time when things were actually good.

..when players like Hafeez, Azhar Ali and Shafiq are you future stars.

Great thread!

You know things are good when you finally get a proper thoughtful batting performance.

When Pakistan produces 2 different bowling attacks in 1 year and both of them are capable of sparking a collapse.

When you middle order makes runs

When your fielders field

When you dont see the thread "changes for next match"

When you dont see "You know things are bad when..." thread bumped for more than a week.

You know things are good when Doull is hosting the presentation ceremony during a Pak win

Last edited:
you know things are good when there hasn't been any bad news in the press the next day after a victory looking for excuses as to why Pak won.

You know things are good when you see the guys smiling and joking around with each other when the match finishes :D

You know things are good when Uncle Inti is seen on the phone after a match most likely ordering biryani for the whole team !

when even with a 124 kph trundler taking the new ball you still manage to thrash a team in under 3 days.

You know things are good when Uncle Inti is seen on the phone after a match most likely ordering biryani for the whole team !

woh to match haaro ya jeeto, har match ke baad lazim hoga :inti

when its been a week a no one has bumped old Aamir threads

You know things are good when u hammer a team thats supposedly ranked at a similar level to you

You know things are good "when when you know things are bad" thread is not bumped for quite a while :p

...when The pakistan team hasnt been beaten for
3 test matches :)

when Anwaar goes quiet for a few days and the malik support thread dissapears for a while

when the opposition cuptaan starts scratching his beard and demanding the UDRS rather than your own cuptaan!!

When we yet again find someone to bowl 145k+ consistently while our neighbors never ever had that luxury.

When your captain doesn't retire after 2 slogs

When you are being led from the front

When you actually select a test line up for test cricket

When you have to snatch the bowl from your fast bowler after a 2 hour spell at 145 kph

When you effect 2 wickets in an innings due to outstanding fielding

so sallu basically you mean, things are good when you are winning. why try to bash afridi for every single thing......:danish

so sallu basically you mean, things are good when you are winning. why try to bash afridi for every single thing......:danish

Things were also relatively good when we drew a series against South Africa

Its about how you play !!!

Things were also relatively good when we drew a series against South Africa

Its about how you play !!!

things were also good when chennai massacre happened in 1999. they were good when afridi went out to bat for the first time. they were good when he bowled in a t20 the last time. they were good when he toured india with inzi and co and made a history in its own style, things were good all the time from A-Z and will remain like they have been.

so i agree it depends on how you play.....:afridi

things were also good when chennai massacre happened in 1999. they were good when afridi went out to bat for the first time. they were good when he bowled in a t20 the last time. they were good when he toured india with inzi and co and made a history in its own style, things were good all the time from A-Z and will remain like they have been.

so i agree it depends on how you play.....:afridi

Good.for.you

Too bad it was all a long time ago against pappu attacks!!!

Lets PLEASE not make it yet another Afridi bashing thread. Because I'm suffering from fever and can't type too much. :p

I wonder how many types of birayni have been tasted by Uncle Inti. And which ones he recommends?

Last edited:
..when Ijaz Butt hasn't said anything for a while..
..when Misbah doesn't burn his kit..

You know things are good when you beat in three days the same team that so called number 1 India took three tests to beat.

...when you don't see Kamran Akmal in the Test Playing XI

When you bowl a team out for 110 on a flat wicket without your 2 best bowlers.

when even with a 124 kph trundler taking the new ball you still manage to thrash a team in under 3 days.

When Instead of discussing fourth days play. we have this thread :yk

when there is no Imran Farhat in the team.

You know things are good "when when you know things are bad" thread is not bumped for quite a while :p

You know things are good when Ijaz Butt hasn't been on the news for a while..

These!!! :)))

Taufeeq - avg. 40
Azhar - avg. 40
Younis - avg. 50
Misbah - avg. 40
Asad - avg. 72 ()

when there are no 'drop X & pick Y' threads created every 2.5 nanoseconds.

You know things are good until jinx threads, like this one, are created.

When you turn 190 into a winning score.

You know things are looking good when you experience an a member of the Akmal family, holding his catches in a test match.

You know things are looking god when you are relaxed about Pakistan playing and are sure they will win the series :D

You know things are looking god when you say Pakistan should look to bat for only one innings

you know things are good when the captain scores 5 fifties in 5 innings.

When you start complaining about not getting a massive first innings lead every match.

when I am awake to watch Misbah (insha Allah) get to his century even though I have a big headache and just took a flight some hours ago and had a long day and school in some hours :D

When even though you collapse badly, you end up making close to 400

When you win a test despite having Tanvir Ahmed as your opening bowler

When you take a first innings lead despite 5 wrong decisions in 3 days against you

When the thread on fielding and dropped catches has about 10 posts instead of 10 pages

Back