Your thoughts on Chris Morris?

alberto

ODI Debutant
Runs
I saw him in the CLt20 semi final and I was impressed with his pace and his inswingers.He can complement Steyn's outswingers. He has the additional advantage of being tall which helps. I think we'll be seeing more of this bloke in the coming years donning the national side's colours

I saw him in all matches.....impressive, good pace.....but expensive sometimes(in earlier games)....needs to control himself while bowling or we will have a M.Sami

Phangiso, De Kock, Morris, have played really well this tourny. Their are a few other talents, from the other local franchises that will also soon be knocking for higher honours.

SA cricket seems to be really strong at the moment with quite a few good youngsters coming though (batting, bowling and all-rounders). Augurs well for the future!! Competition is always healthy!!!

Phangiso is the guy that has really impressed me. Excellent control,spins the ball enough and also a great thinker. He should be in the Saffer ODI and 20/20 team.

Morris is also a handy lower order batsman and a quality fielder too !

top athlete !

SA is a country oozing with talent. Same can be said about Windies in recent time. People where claiming that cricket will soon be a Desi sport but the way things are turning out cricket will not see that day when cricket is only dominated by SC players...which is good :)

Chris Morris is the lower order bowling allrounder that SA are craving for in limited overs. He offers them much needed balance and could be a good third seamer

I think he is a better option than Albie Morkel and Wayne Parnell down the order. Should play at 7-8 for South Africa in T20's. Maybe also in ODI's

I expect a decent performance from Morris in the final. He is an underrated performer who slips under the radar. Morris is continuing the recent trend of the tall fast bowler which is becomming increasingly common in international cricket these days

Phangiso, De Kock, Morris, have played really well this tourny. Their are a few other talents, from the other local franchises that will also soon be knocking for higher honours.

SA cricket seems to be really strong at the moment with quite a few good youngsters coming though (batting, bowling and all-rounders). Augurs well for the future!! Competition is always healthy!!!

mainly because you have a good domestic structure in place..something PCB needs to seriously think about..They are wasting too much money at top for my liking like hiring every other coach.

Pakistan domestic structure needs massive uplift as it is not producing international cricketers.

How do Ppers think he will get on in the final? I think he'll get 2 wickets for 27 runs

Very very exciting bowler. Hits around 140 regularly and bowls a very good length. Can hit the ball a mile too and is an excellent fielder.

SA have some very exciting upcoming cricketers.

SA have always been blessed with very good players who are generally consistent. Phangiso could be the replacement for Botha who was a skilled operator. Morris can replace the misfiring Parnell who needs to reassess his game and he is wasting his talent. SA are a team which will give players a chance but they can't have passengers in their team and that's why they are the best Test and ODI team currently. Pakistan can learn a big lesson from SA.

It's a pity that the Lions batting deserted them on the biggest stage. The spectacle of the final was ruined but Morris a top tournament and he can't ask for more t,han that

He may be on the plane to Australia after his great perfomancesin the CLT20

Never seen this much money in life, says Chris Morris on stunning IPL deal

Johannesburg: The bidding war that his name triggered at the IPL players auction left Chris Morris' head spinning and the South African all-rounder conceded that he has never seen the kind of money he would now be drawing.

"I have never in my life seen this much money," said Morris, who was bought for a whopping USD 625,000 (Rs 3.3 crore) by the Chennai Super Kings, 31 times more than his base price of USD 20,000.

Morris was sought by the Mumbai Indians and the Royal Challengers Bangalore as well but they were outbid by CSK at the auction in Chennai where only 37 of the 108 players in fray managed to find buyers.

Morris followed the auction on his ipad and was amazed to see the interest in him.

"Neil McKenzie had a little joke with me when it got to (USD) 450,000 but nobody could really believe what was happening," Morris told 'ESPN Cricinfo'.

In rands, the 25-year-old's earnings are now 5.5 million and he has no clue how to spend the money except for splurging some of it on his parents.

"I honestly don't know. I suppose one of the things I'd like to do is give my parents anything they should like and spoil them a little bit," he said.

Morris was the leading wicket-taker for his domestic team Lions in the national T20 competition last season. He was spotted by CSK coach Stephen Fleming during the Champions League Twenty20 in the same year.

"He (Fleming) came and had a chat to me afterwards and said he was impressed with the way I bowled. So I guess that was a big platform for me," Morris said.

"Fleming was one of my heroes as a schoolboy, so it will be an honour to be around him. And obviously with Faf (du Plessis) and Albie (Morkel) playing there, it's going to be quite fun," he said.

Talking about the IPL, Morris said he can't wait to head to Chennai.

"I've heard it's pretty hot. But I've heard stories from people like Faf about how everyone is cricket-crazy, and I really just want to experience the vibe there," he said.

Morris is currently nursing a niggle but hopes to be fit soon.

"That quad injury was a real eye opener for me. I realised how quickly things can change in a career," he said.

"I've been working hard with the physiotherapist on my rehab processes and on getting my body right, and at the moment I am feeling good and ready to play," he added.

http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/item/202980-never-seen-this-much-money-in-life-says-chris-morris-on-stunning-ipl-deal

is he really worth 620Ks? Most of this players come under the IPL scanner only because of the CLT20.

Kane Richardson, Coulter Nile, Chris Morris...and many others are getting contracts ahead of seasoned professionals. Even senanayake got a contract! Even our abdur razzak and elias sunny are better bowlers than him yet these guys didnt even FEATURE in the auction

That's a lot of money and guy has played only 1 T20I for SA :))

How much Steyn is worth in IPL?
If RP Singh is worth $400.000 then Steyin is worth $10 million!
Also, if Maxwell is worth $1.000.000 then Hafeez (in SC) is worth $10 million!

Ajmal in those conditions is simply priceless :dav

Quite talented. I thought four lions was pretty decent.

That's a lot of money and guy has played only 1 T20I for SA :))

How much Steyn is worth in IPL?
If RP Singh is worth $400.000 then Steyin is worth $10 million!
Also, if Maxwell is worth $1.000.000 then Hafeez (in SC) is worth $10 million!

Ajmal in those conditions is simply priceless :dav

meh

vinay kumar was bought for 900Ks. If that was so, then Junaid deserves to be bought for atleast 5000Ks. Ajmal for a 10 million :ajmal

And dont agree that hafeez is 10 times the worth of maxwell. Hafeez is def. better but maxwell is a great player as well. The way he played against ajmal in UAE, spectacular.

Regardless of that, hafeez would get paid at max 500Ks. You see the coaching staff are mainly Aus/SA and they only look at players from BBL/SAT20/CLT20(mainly about Indian,Aus,SA players). Someone like shakib al hasan was bought for 425Ks and dan christian was bought for 900ks in 2011. You see, CLASS is not the criterion for an IPL contract. End of Discussion.

He should be in the team proteas. he is good enough. problem is that we have too many good players. now a guy called kyle Abott has just sprung up. bowling beautifully. in Rsa its verry hard ti get noticed. Johan van der wath was another good allrounder. he never got the gigs he dessrverd because of our allrounder talents.

Both Maclaren and Morris will be groomed in S.A t20 and ODI teams going forward to try and fill the void of all-rounder when kallis retires.

Former Proteas all-rounder Chris Morris has announced his retirement from all from cricket.

In an Instagram post on Tuesday, Morris announced that he will be taking up a coaching job with the Titans, the province that he'd signed up with after the dissolution of the franchise system.

The 34-year-old thanked everyone who was part of his cricketing journey.

Morris represented the Proteas in four Tests, 42 ODIs, and 23 T20s between 2013 and 2019.

His national team performances veered from excellent to spasmodic, with untimely injuries also interfering with his career.

Morris made his T20 debut for the Proteas against New Zealand in 2012 and followed up with his ODI debut against Pakistan at the 2013 Champions Trophy.

His Test debut would come three years later against England at Newlands with the added caveat being that all four of his Tests came against England.

https://www.news24.com/sport/cricke...is-retires-from-all-forms-of-cricket-20220111

^surely he still had 2-3 years left in the tank?

I haven't followed him recently but he was quite a solid bowler.

His impressive first-class stats indicates that he was good allrounder at that level. Don't know why he wasn't given regular chances in test cricket.

Back