“India should give respect to Pakistan as it has an atom bomb": Mani Shankar Aiyar

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
He just said it as a sensible person and BJP is just using it for politics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar has again embarrassed the party leadership with his remarks “India should give respect to Pakistan as it has an atom bomb”.

As his remarks in an interview went viral, the Congress has distanced itself from Aiyar’s remarks and said the party totally disagrees with what he had said.

The latest controversy came days after Sam Pitroda created a storm with his racist remarks in an interview to The Statesman, following which he had to resign from the post of Chairman of the Indian Overseas Congress.

Notably in December 2017, Aiyar was suspended from the party for his “neech aadmi” remarks on Prime Minister Narendra Modi. His suspension was revoked later.

In a post on X, Congress’ Chairman of Media and Publicity Department Pawan Khera said, “Indian National Congress dissociates itself completely from and disagrees totally with some remarks made by Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar few months back which have been revived today by the BJP in its attempt to deflect attention from Prime Minister Modi’s daily goof ups. Mr Aiyer does not speak for the party in any capacity whatsoever.”

“The Indian National Congress and indeed the entire nation recalls with pride that in December 1971 Pakistan was broken and an independent Bangladesh emerged, thanks to Indira Gandhi’s decisive and determined leadership and the valour of our armed forces,” he said.

Khera further said, “Almost exactly 50 years ago on May 18, 1974 under the leadership of Indiraji, India’s nuclear capability was announced to the world. The Indian National Congress has always believed that our decision making should be guided by supreme national interest.”

Attacking the BJP, he said, “And if old videos are to be used, here is a not so old video where the External Affairs Minister (S Jaishankar ) is publicly advising India to be afraid of China.”

Did Pakistan respect India for having nukes before starting Kargil?

lol, Aiyer is a nobody even in Congress. Trust rattled sanghis to pick bites from nobodies and try to make molehill out of it in hope of getting a few more votes.

We have none other than India's EAM, S Jaishankar saying this in January 2024,

It was common sense for India not to pick a fight with China as it was the "bigger economy".

Its ok to be afraid of China I guess.

We have none other than India's EAM, S Jaishankar saying this in January 2024,

It was common sense for India not to pick a fight with China as it was the "bigger economy".

Its ok to be afraid of China I guess.
Might is right

This Mani Shankar is as smart as that Sam Pitroda guy who was advising Rahul Baba.

Sounds like common sense of a 5 year old .
This Mani Shankar is as smart as that Sam Pitroda guy who was advising Rahul Baba.

I don’t know who this guy is but it’s smart to understand mutual destruction is a risk when warmongering against fellow nuke states . I’d be more worried with rss fanatics in charge with a leader who believes clouds stop radar from working .

Sounds like common sense of a 5 year old .

I don’t know who this guy is but it’s smart to understand mutual destruction is a risk when warmongering against fellow nuke states . I’d be more worried with rss fanatics in charge with a leader who believes clouds stop radar from working .
Err we have a certain former PM locked up in jail in a neighbouring country who believes Germany and Japan share borders, and that tress and plants produce oxygen at night.

Err we have a certain former PM locked up in jail in a neighbouring country who believes Germany and Japan share borders, and that tress and plants produce oxygen at night.

There’s context besides geography & biology won’t get you nuked , while not understanding weapon systems might . Hope you get the point err

There’s context besides geography & biology won’t get you nuked , while not understanding weapon systems might . Hope you get the point err
Err, I was speaking of his lack of intellect. Besides, it not India that committed a genocide on it's own people raping 200,000 women and slaughtering 3 million people. So no point in worrying about Indian nukes and the hands there are in.

Err, I was speaking of his lack of intellect. Besides, it not India that committed a genocide on it's own people raping 200,000 women and slaughtering 3 million people. So no point in worrying about Indian nukes and the hands there are in.

Modi is not your relative , how very sensitive lol …making up Bollywood stories might help you folk but nukes are not a fantasy , Ayodiya & Bollywood would be gone in any such war , meaning bad times for Indians . Think

Modi is not your relative , how very sensitive lol …making up Bollywood stories might help you folk but nukes are not a fantasy , Ayodiya & Bollywood would be gone in any such war , meaning bad times for Indians . Think
Err, I was stating facts, facts that have been certified by Pakistan's own Hamoodur Rahman Commission. You have a problem swallowing it, your problem.

Err, I was speaking of his lack of intellect.

You need to give us Pakistanis to keep up with your high intellect MPs we are a new nation compared to you guys.

Modi was using digital cameras and email in 1988 and claimed stem cells, genetic engineering and plastic surgery existed thousands of yeards ago in Bharat.

Imran very obviously can't compete with such an intellectual titan who is using advanced technologies way ahead of his time.

You need to give us Pakistanis to keep up with your high intellect MPs we are a new nation compared to you guys.

Modi was using digital cameras and email in 1988 and claimed stem cells, genetic engineering and plastic surgery existed thousands of yeards ago in Bharat.

Imran very obviously can't compete with such an intellectual titan who is using advanced technologies way ahead of his time.
What makes you think every non Muslim Indian has to compulsorily be a worshipper of Modi? Modi is a politician who is currently the PM of my country. He does not define India. Neither is it my obligation to justify anything he says or does. You need to realize that he isn't the permanent PM of my country. He is just one in a pretty long list of PM's we have had.​

I find it difficult to believe that anyone without intellectual dishonesty would attempt to degrade another prime minister's slip of the tongue when their own prime minister has numerous videos available, making themselves the center of jokes and memes.

I won't be surprised if Mani Shankar Aiyar, Dhruv Rathee and other similar notables are actually the BJP's back office. Everytime they open their mouths, the BJP gains vote share. They must be getting fat retainers from the BJP regularly to do their work.

There are some journalists and observers who actually believe this.

What a pointless statement to make at this time. Mani Shankar Aiyar has always struck me as someone who is proper Congress Elite, out of touch with the general population and has little political sense.

Appears as a sensible person to me, who just called spade a spade
He just said it as a sensible person and BJP is just using it for politics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar has again embarrassed the party leadership with his remarks “India should give respect to Pakistan as it has an atom bomb”.

As his remarks in an interview went viral, the Congress has distanced itself from Aiyar’s remarks and said the party totally disagrees with what he had said.

The latest controversy came days after Sam Pitroda created a storm with his racist remarks in an interview to The Statesman, following which he had to resign from the post of Chairman of the Indian Overseas Congress.

Notably in December 2017, Aiyar was suspended from the party for his “neech aadmi” remarks on Prime Minister Narendra Modi. His suspension was revoked later.

In a post on X, Congress’ Chairman of Media and Publicity Department Pawan Khera said, “Indian National Congress dissociates itself completely from and disagrees totally with some remarks made by Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar few months back which have been revived today by the BJP in its attempt to deflect attention from Prime Minister Modi’s daily goof ups. Mr Aiyer does not speak for the party in any capacity whatsoever.”

“The Indian National Congress and indeed the entire nation recalls with pride that in December 1971 Pakistan was broken and an independent Bangladesh emerged, thanks to Indira Gandhi’s decisive and determined leadership and the valour of our armed forces,” he said.

Khera further said, “Almost exactly 50 years ago on May 18, 1974 under the leadership of Indiraji, India’s nuclear capability was announced to the world. The Indian National Congress has always believed that our decision making should be guided by supreme national interest.”

Attacking the BJP, he said, “And if old videos are to be used, here is a not so old video where the External Affairs Minister (S Jaishankar ) is publicly advising India to be afraid of China.”

India does respect Pak's nukes. That is why all their threats of doing this or that to Pak never see the light of day. It is just hot air to win votes during election season, that's all. Mani, born in Lahore has a soft spot for Pak. On one visit to Pak he even called Modi "neech aadmi", despicable person.

Mani Shankar Aiyar known for anti India, anti Hindu remarks. His love towards Pakistan is not new as in past he visited Pakistan despite India’s sour relations.

When he was petroleum minster, he made controversial remarks on Chhatrapati Shivaji. Then after few months he has to attend a function in Mumbai. When he reached Mumbai Airport, angry Shivsainiks stormed Mumbai airport and not allowed Aiyar to enter Mumbai. Mani Shankar Aiyar literally fled from Mumbai airport. Thereafter he tried 3-4 times in Mumbai, but Shivsainiks throw him away

Mani Shankar Aiyar known for anti India, anti Hindu remarks. His love towards Pakistan is not new as in past he visited Pakistan despite India’s sour relations.

When he was petroleum minster, he made controversial remarks on Chhatrapati Shivaji. Then after few months he has to attend a function in Mumbai. When he reached Mumbai Airport, angry Shivsainiks stormed Mumbai airport and not allowed Aiyar to enter Mumbai. Mani Shankar Aiyar literally fled from Mumbai airport. Thereafter he tried 3-4 times in Mumbai, but Shivsainiks throw him away
Why did Modi make a visit to Pakistan, and what was the state of relations between India and Pakistan at that time? :inti

narendra-modi-nawaz-sharif-pti_650x400_81451055752.jpg

As I said in other thread -

Dekho....Dekho woh aa gaya 😂

After the embarassing statements in the last few days by the likes of Sam Pitroda, Vijay Wettidar and Adhir Ranjan Choudhury....here comes the biggest asset of BJP. No general election is complete without Mani Iyer's statements.

2014 - "Narenrda Modi kabhi iss desh ke pm nehi banenge...chai ka stall khol lo"

Public reaction - 284 seats for BJP

2019 - Modi is neech

Public reaction - 303 seats for BJP

What will 2024 bring?

I am sure every BJP supporters were awaiting with bated breath for him to make some statement and were singing - "Mani tu...ab to aaja. Shola sa mann dahke aake bujhaja."

Mani Iyer from other end - "BJP, ooo my darling!" 😂

Oh this is hilarious. Lage raho Mani bhai.

Why did Modi make a visit to Pakistan, and what was the state of relations between India and Pakistan at that time? :inti

narendra-modi-nawaz-sharif-pti_650x400_81451055752.jpg

Yes it was just after Modiji sworn as PM of India….he visited Pakistan as he expected Pakistan government to respond in positively. But Pakistan government continued its negativity and wasn’t stopped supporting terrorism. Unfortunately, the same terrorism which pak government supported was later boomeranged on Pakistan

As I said in other thread -

Dekho....Dekho woh aa gaya 😂

After the embarassing statements in the last few days by the likes of Sam Pitroda, Vijay Wettidar and Adhir Ranjan Choudhury....here comes the biggest asset of BJP. No general election is complete without Mani Iyer's statements.

2014 - "Narenrda Modi kabhi iss desh ke pm nehi banenge...chai ka stall khol lo"

Public reaction - 284 seats for BJP

2019 - Modi is neech

Public reaction - 303 seats for BJP

What will 2024 bring?

I am sure every BJP supporters were awaiting with bated breath for him to make some statement and were singing - "Mani tu...ab to aaja. Shola sa mann dahke aake bujhaja."

Mani Iyer from other end - "BJP, ooo my darling!" 😂

Oh this is hilarious. Lage raho Mani bhai.

Digvijay and mani are such bad mouth persons, right now both r hiding their faces

Prior to this, I wasn't familiar with Mani's perspective, and my input is specifically related to the content of the article and the ongoing discussions in this thread.

For those expressing discontent with Mani's statement, I pose a question: What exactly has he articulated that is erroneous? Pakistan maintains a robust and functional nuclear program, capable of reaching every major Indian city; such capabilities merit acknowledgment.

On what basis, then, is his factual commentary deemed anti-Indian? At no point did he advocate for Pakistan to employ nuclear weapons against India.

Could those interpreting his remarks as anti-Indian elaborate on why they perceive them as such? I'm interested in comprehending the nuances of Indian nationalism in this context.

It seems plausible that Congress distanced itself from his comments due to BJP's efforts to portray them as anti-Indian.

Prior to this, I wasn't familiar with Mani's perspective, and my input is specifically related to the content of the article and the ongoing discussions in this thread.

For those expressing discontent with Mani's statement, I pose a question: What exactly has he articulated that is erroneous? Pakistan maintains a robust and functional nuclear program, capable of reaching every major Indian city; such capabilities merit acknowledgment.

On what basis, then, is his factual commentary deemed anti-Indian? At no point did he advocate for Pakistan to employ nuclear weapons against India.

Could those interpreting his remarks as anti-Indian elaborate on why they perceive them as such? I'm interested in comprehending the nuances of Indian nationalism in this context.

It seems plausible that Congress distanced itself from his comments due to BJP's efforts to portray them as anti-Indian.
Well said. Let me add another question: What is stopping India from reclaiming the other side of Kashmir? Despite the BJP being in power for over a decade, there hasn't been any attempt to do so. What's the reason? :inti

It is simple.

Congress has been perceived as being weak when dealing with Pakistan with the former always preferring bilateral dialogue instead of taking a more hardline stance with their neighbour. Pakistan is afterall the country that launched 3 wars against India.

In that context, Mani's comments adds more fuel to this perception that Congress has been trying to distance itself from.

Well said. Let me add another question: What is stopping India from reclaiming the other side of Kashmir? Despite the BJP being in power for over a decade, there hasn't been any attempt to do so. What's the reason? :inti
At this moment, India is not at all interested in taking any part of debt ridden country. Also peoples of POK expressed themselves to join IOK just recently

Mani is trying to creat sympathy amongst Pakistanis as he and congress knows very well that after 4th June they don’t have any future left in India… therefore they may be planning to contest next Pakistan general election

At this moment, India is not at all interested in taking any part of debt ridden country. Also peoples of POK expressed themselves to join IOK just recently
Oh really? Then what is Amit Shah saying here? 😆

Also give the source where they expressed their desire to join Indian Kashmir. :inti

how old are you?

This guy has a history of trashing the indian state at every opportunity. He even raised money for the chinese during the 1962 war. Priveleged who has accomplished nothing in life.

All he has been know to do for past couple of decades seek attention and unfortuntaley he gets what he wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Pakistan or India are going to fire an atomic bomb on each other. They wouldn't want their countries to go back several decades.

Mani is trying to creat sympathy amongst Pakistanis as he and congress knows very well that after 4th June they don’t have any future left in India… therefore they may be planning to contest next Pakistan general election
Within the Pakistani community? What advantage does Mani gain from this? Is he considering relocating to Pakistan?

how old are you?

This guy has a history of trashing the indian state at every opportunity. He even raised money for the chinese during the 1962 war. Priveleged who has accomplished nothing in life.

All he has been know to do for past couple of decades seek attention and unfortuntaley he gets what he wants.
What relevance does age have to the argument I initially presented?

While he may have a history of criticizing the Indian state, the specific comment he made in this thread doesn't inherently depict him as anti-Indian, unless there are underlying factors not explicitly mentioned.

Why shouldn't India extend respect to any nation possessing nuclear capabilities, especially when that nation is regarded as their primary adversary in the region?

Numerous voices within the BJP appear to anticipate and promote the idea of eschewing bilateral relations, a notion that has gained traction. Nevertheless, when viewed through the lens of diplomacy and a nuanced understanding of regional power dynamics, it becomes evident that for India to assert itself as a regional power, diplomatic engagement with Pakistan becomes imperative. The prospect of enduring conflict is not viable for India's broader ambitions as a regional power..

What relevance does age have to the argument I initially presented?
Every bit. His goal in life is to undermine india as a nation and his word and actions at this point are nothing more tan attentione seeking giimicks
While he may have a history
That has to with your unfamiliarity of his shenigans dating back to 5 decades
of criticizing the Indian state, the specific comment he made in this thread doesn't inherently depict him as anti-Indian, unless there are underlying factors not explicitly mentioned.
Critizing and undermining are not the same. Of course as a pakistani, you would downplay and even encourage such behavior.
Why shouldn't India extend respect to any nation possessing nuclear capabilities, especially when that nation is regarded as their primary adversary in the region?
Define respect. What should India do differently with a nation which hss history of breeding and encouraging "non-state actors" against India
Numerous voices within the BJP appear to anticipate and promote the idea of eschewing bilateral relations, a notion that has gained traction.
Yup and its working well in India's favor. Lets thank Ex-PMIK for suspending trade. That was a huge favor to India.
Nevertheless, when viewed through the lens of diplomacy and a nuanced understanding of regional power dynamics, it becomes evident that for India to assert itself as a regional power, diplomatic engagement with Pakistan becomes imperative.
Disagree. all of pak's past actions are coming home to roost. It is in an economic mess it has no way out of. Political mess with solution in sight. it is best for India to sit back watch pakistan continue to score self goals
The prospect of enduring conflict is not viable for India's broader ambitions as a regional power..
Disagree. Long gone are the days Pakistan's non-state actor shenigans were ignored by the world and India under modi has shown the willingness to up the ante.

Pak establishments aggression is entirely focussed its own citizens. India should not distract the the pak establishment from its current course.

Every bit. His goal in life is to undermine india as a nation and his word and actions at this point are nothing more tan attentione seeking giimicks

Critizing and undermining are not the same. Of course as a pakistani, you would downplay and even encourage such behavior.

Define respect. What should India do differently with a nation which hss history of breeding and encouraging "non-state actors" against India

Yup and its working well in India's favor. Lets thank Ex-PMIK for suspending trade. That was a huge favor to India.

Disagree. all of pak's past actions are coming home to roost. It is in an economic mess it has no way out of. Political mess with solution in sight. it is best for India to sit back watch pakistan continue to score self goals

Disagree. Long gone are the days Pakistan's non-state actor shenigans were ignored by the world and India under modi has shown the willingness to up the ante.

Pak establishments aggression is entirely focussed its own citizens. India should not distract the the pak establishment from its current course.
Once again, the article featured in this thread stands out as its focal point. Past comments, which lack relevance to our ongoing discussion, remain untouched, particularly as I lack substantial knowledge about the individual in question.

Let us not feign ignorance regarding the support both nations extended to non-state actors. If one disputes India's involvement, then perhaps there is little purpose in continuing this discourse. History reveals that states engaged in perpetual conflict often resort to non-state actors as proxies, a truth that only those in denial would overlook concerning India's actions. As a smaller state, Pakistan found itself compelled to explore such avenues.

It is inevitable that the Indian government will need to address bilateral relations at some juncture. Should Modi secure reelection, one anticipates this restoration to occur within the span of his term as Prime Minister.

Within the Pakistani community? What advantage does Mani gain from this? Is he considering relocating to Pakistan?
Yes, off course he Is wooing Pakistani awaam…because nobody supporting his view in India… if u read India alliance manifesto, u will come to know.. at present congress and India alliance parties are more popular in Pakistan

Once again, the article featured in this thread stands out as its focal point. Past comments, which lack relevance to our ongoing discussion, remain untouched, particularly as I lack substantial knowledge about the individual in question.

Let us not feign ignorance regarding the support both nations extended to non-state actors. If one disputes India's involvement, then perhaps there is little purpose in continuing this discourse. History reveals that states engaged in perpetual conflict often resort to non-state actors as proxies, a truth that only those in denial would overlook concerning India's actions. As a smaller state, Pakistan found itself compelled to explore such avenues.

It is inevitable that the Indian government will need to address bilateral relations at some juncture. Should Modi secure reelection, one anticipates this restoration to occur within the span of his term as Prime Minister.

For those who possess a discerning perspective untainted by unhealthy nationalism and grasp the nuances of rapidly evolving geopolitics, it is evident that the forthcoming narrative destined for mass consumption is already foreseeable.

My sincere apologies for the necessity of submitting multiple replies to your response. It appeared somewhat scattered, leaving me unsure of where to commence, as it seemed to either sidestep or perhaps struggle to address my initial inquiry adequately.

I find myself perplexed as to the rationale behind affording me such attention; I am but an ordinary individual. Moreover, I am left pondering how I could possibly wield any influence over Indian politicians.

Although I lack the capacity to sway any Indian political figures due to my non-Indian status, I am nonetheless drawn to engaging in discussions surrounding Indian politics. The rapid transformation of genuine patriotism into a guise of bigotry therein fascinates me deeply.

His past shenanigans and vague statement of "respect" should dent of theme of the article
Let us not feign ignorance regarding the support both nations extended to non-state actors.
Non-state actors based on verifiable evidence and interational repute is Pak's forte

For those who possess a discerning perspective untainted by unhealthy nationalism and grasp the nuances of rapidly evolving geopolitics, it is evident that the forthcoming narrative destined for mass consumption is already foreseeable.
Why don't you give some specifics?

Pakistan has been playing up its geo strategic, poltical and economic significance from the days of Jinnah. how has that worked out?

What will happen otherwise? Why is it inevitable?

Mr Manishankar Iyer has got debiliating convention of taking a dig at BJP/Modi during the cadence of every pleblisite and give BJP an edge. His close keenship with Pakistan formerly is also a facticity. Adherent BJP supporters are exceedingly mirthful that he has spoken again in the nick of cadence. Thou must not fret much.

Graciously yours - Mr Rajdeep.

PM Modi's attack on INDIA bloc leaders: 'Cowards, scared of Pak's nuke power'​

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday lashed out at the Opposition INDIA bloc, calling them "cowards" and said they were "scared of Pakistan's nuclear power".

He made the remarks against the backdrop of National Conference leader Farooq Abdullah and Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar making statements about Pakistan's nuclear capabilities.

"The INDIA bloc seems to have leaders who are scared of Pakistan and have nightmares of its nuclear power," he said at a rally in Bihar's Muzaffarpur Lok Sabha seat.

"If Pakistan does not wear bangles, we will make the country wear these. I knew they did not have foodgrains. Now, I come to know they do not even have an adequate supply of bangles," he added.

The Prime Minister accused the Opposition of giving a clean chit to Pakistan on terrorism.

"We must look carefully at the Opposition, which seems to be full of cowards and timid people, who give a clean chit to Pakistan on terrorism, raise doubts about surgical strikes. Their Left allies even want our nuclear arsenal to be dismantled," he said.

Last week, Abdullah reacted to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh's remark on Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir (POK) and said that Pakistan would not watch quietly. He also said the neighbouring country had "atom bombs that would fall on us".

"If the defence minister is saying it, then go ahead. Who are we to stop? But remember, they (Pakistan) are also not wearing bangles. It has atom bombs, and unfortunately, that atom bomb will fall on us," he had said.

Earlier, Rajnath Singh told news agency PTI in an interview that there was no need for India to capture POK as its people, on their own, would want to be part of India.

On the other hand, Mani Shankar Aiyar, in an old but now-viral interview, courted controversy when he said that India should engage in dialogue with Pakistan and not flex its military muscles as it may irk Islamabad into deploying nuclear weapons against New Delhi.

"They have atom bombs. We have them too, but if a ‘madman’ decides to drop a bomb on Lahore, it won’t take 8 seconds for the radiation to reach Amritsar," he had warned.

"If we respect them, they will remain peaceful. But if we snub them, what happens if a 'madman' comes up and decides to launch bombs [at India]?" he had asked.

The Congress was quick to distance itself from Mani Shankar Aiyar's remarks, stating that they did not reflect the party's stance. It also accused the BJP of deliberately raking up an old interview of Aiyar's to score political points.

Oh really? Then what is Amit Shah saying here? 😆

Also give the source where they expressed their desire to join Indian Kashmir. :inti
Btw do you know that the official position of Congress as well is that the entire j&k including pok is an integral part of ind 😂
And if every other party as well 😂

Btw do you know that the official position of Congress as well is that the entire j&k including pok is an integral part of ind 😂
And if every other party as well 😂
I'm curious why you quoted my post, as it didn't address any of my questions. :inti

Indian posters led us to believe Pakistan isn't a factor in their elections and it's barely mentioned. If this is being barely mentioned I shudder to think what being mentioned a lot would look like.

Indian posters led us to believe Pakistan isn't a factor in their elections and it's barely mentioned. If this is being barely mentioned I shudder to think what being mentioned a lot would look like.
If not for feku and his chums, Pakistan won't be a factor in Indian elections.

Its always them who make Pakistan a factor in any Indian election without fail. Heck, feku even made Pakistan a factor in Gujarat assembly elections in 2017 even when his win in those elections was a done deal. That's how insecure he is

Mostly, they are andhbhakhts and NRIs. Others understand BJP's agenda in mentioning Pakistan in their speeches. :inti

Valid point. I'm not sure why Modi and BJP feel the need to keep appealing to their core fanatic base with rabid "Ghar me ghus ke maarenge" nonsense. It's not like those idiots were going to vote for anyone else. They're certainly not convincing the neutrals with this bull****.

What a pointless statement to make at this time. Mani Shankar Aiyar has always struck me as someone who is proper Congress Elite, out of touch with the general population and has little political sense.
Thats Raga as well with added touch of lower IQ.

His past shenanigans and vague statement of "respect" should dent of theme of the article

Non-state actors based on verifiable evidence and interational repute is Pak's forte
You persist in revisiting his past remarks and irrelevant digressions as a means to circumvent addressing the primary inquiry of this discourse. It appears evident that this may be the final instance I reiterate, as your stance on neither willingness nor capacity to provide a response has been unequivocally established.

How does the following statement, "India should accord respect to Pakistan due to its possession of nuclear armament," come to be perceived as anti-Indian by adherents of the BJP?

Should a political figure opt to underscore the capabilities of their adversaries, why is such an action promptly condemned and branded as anti-Indian by BJP politicians and their fervent supporters who, in a manner akin to a cult, blindly parrot such immature sentiments against their own compatriots?

The relevance of his past and previously cited remarks, employed as a diversion tactic to sidestep addressing this direct query, remains dubious within the context of this ongoing discussion.

I think that's easily 5 years away at the least. India will need to feel a lot more secure in it's ascension before it's willing to engage and allow the concessions (basically reflect legally what's already reality for both sides) that can lead to peace. Pakistan will also need the time to tone down it's domestic discourse on the tricky issues to be able to accept ground realities as fait accompli.

They always do the most trying their hardest to make it seem like they don’t care.

But then they go hundreds and thousands of posts started discussions about Pakistan on a Pakistani website.

Think about that. Taking time out of your day to talk about a people or country you say you don’t care about… Every. Single. Day.

It’s not just on PP. But same on their news channels, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram etc.

They always do the most trying their hardest to make it seem like they don’t care.

But then they go hundreds and thousands of posts started discussions about Pakistan on a Pakistani website.

Think about that. Taking time out of your day to talk about a people or country you say you don’t care about… Every. Single. Day.

It’s not just on PP. But same on their news channels, social media etc.
In the case of @cricketjoshila he also praises Modi for shutting down engagement with Pakistan lol.

Its a crazy world.

It’s not just on PP. But same on their news channels, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram etc.
Well said! You've absolutely nailed it. :inti

I think that's easily 5 years away at the least. India will need to feel a lot more secure in it's ascension before it's willing to engage and allow the concessions (basically reflect legally what's already reality for both sides) that can lead to peace. Pakistan will also need the time to tone down it's domestic discourse on the tricky issues to be able to accept ground realities as fait accompli.
While the exact timeline remains speculative, one certainty emerges: India must prioritize the reestablishment of healthy relationships with all its neighboring nations, notably Pakistan, if it aims to assert itself realistically as a regional power and a leading force on the global stage.

While the exact timeline remains speculative, one certainty emerges: India must prioritize the reestablishment of healthy relationships with all its neighboring nations, notably Pakistan, if it aims to assert itself realistically as a regional power and a leading force on the global stage.
What would a healthy relationship between India and Pakistan look like?

In the case of @cricketjoshila he also praises Modi for shutting down engagement with Pakistan lol.

Its a crazy world.

Is there any engagement with Pakistan? None whatsoever.

Few Indian posters, may 10-20 on PP who have been here for a long long time and mostly joined to discuss cricket in those days, indicate India's interest in Pakistan?

Is there any engagement with Pakistan? None whatsoever.

Few Indian posters, may 10-20 on PP who have been here for a long long time and mostly joined to discuss cricket in those days, indicate India's interest in Pakistan?
It's just very weird you don't practice what you preach.

But each to their own brother.

And why is it inevitable?

Modi recently in an interview has said he has no intention of engaging with Pakistan.

I doubt that during the election, Modi would refrain from disparaging Pakistan and Muslims.
He has followed thro with the other ignore Pak policy for most of his tenure. Why do you anticipate a change? Try to be specific as to would be the immediate driving force for such a change. Has to a big win for modi to do that. What can Pak deliver for Modi?

Assuming there is change, what would the end result look like?

He has followed thro with the other ignore Pak policy for most of his tenure. Why do you anticipate a change? Try to be specific as to would be the immediate driving force for such a change. Has to a big win for modi to do that. What can Pak deliver for Modi?

Assuming there is change, what would the end result look like?

He does well to ignore Pakistan once elected but when it comes to election time Pakistan is always mentioned and brought up as a threat. Pak brings BJP and Modi votes

He does well to ignore Pakistan once elected but when it comes to election time Pakistan is always mentioned and brought up as a threat. Pak brings BJP and Modi votes
Ok.

If that is correct once he is elcted he is going to ignore pakistan again, like has most of tenure as PM.

Can anyone on PP tell me what "good" relationship between pakistan and india look like?

Ok.

If that is correct once he is elcted he is going to ignore pakistan again, like has most of tenure as PM.

Can anyone on PP tell me what "good" relationship between pakistan and india look like?

Its simply when India doesn't try to meddle in Pakistan’s affairs. No 'surgical strike' policies, no blaming us for terrorism in your country, no trying to influence the World that Pakistan is the root of all evil. If India can do the bare minimum we would have a very healthy relationship

Its simply when India doesn't try to meddle in Pakistan’s affairs. No 'surgical strike' policies, no blaming us for terrorism in your country, no trying to influence the World that Pakistan is the root of all evil. If India can do the bare minimum we would have a very healthy relationship
Yep. Simple thing. If India doesn't want the relations to progress in a positive way then the least they could do is not put the blame on Pakistan for everything and I mean literally everything. From spy pigeons to terror attacks, until they have any legit proof.

Yep. Simple thing. If India doesn't want the relations to progress in a positive way then the least they could do is not put the blame on Pakistan for everything and I mean literally everything. From spy pigeons to terror attacks, until they have any legit proof.

Why have UN banned pakistanis and pakistani organisations for terror attacks in India?

Why did Pakistan government accept that 26/11 attacks were planned in Pakistan.

Why have UN banned pakistanis and pakistani organisations for terror attacks in India?

Why did Pakistan government accept that 26/11 attacks were planned in Pakistan.

You believe they'll accept it? Bring in a thousand proofs, they'll still deny it.

Back