What's new

67 Pakistan players sign up for Hundred auction

Ball Blazer

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 13, 2025
Runs
5,404
Sixty-seven players from Pakistan are among those to have registered for next month's Hundred auction, though England Test captain Ben Stokes has not signed up.

Sources have told BBC Sport Pakistan players are not being considered by the four Indian-owned sides for the auction, which will take place on 11 and 12 March.

Former England captain Michael Vaughan said on Friday the England and Wales Cricket Board "need to act fast" because omitting players based on their nationality "should not be allowed to happen".

"The most inclusive sport in the country is not one that allows this to happen," he said.

Bowlers Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf, who have both played in previous seasons of The Hundred, are among the 63 men from Pakistan to register.

Muneeba Ali, Sadia Iqbal, Diana Baig and Fatima Sana are the four women's players on the long list.

In messages seen by the BBC, a senior official from the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) indicated to an agent that interest in his Pakistan players would be limited to sides not linked to the IPL.

Players from Pakistan have not featured in the Indian Premier League (IPL) since 2009 because of diplomatic tensions between the two countries.

Four of The Hundred's eight franchises - Manchester Super Giants, MI London, Southern Brave and Sunrisers Leeds - are now at least part-owned by companies that control IPL teams.

An ECB spokesman said: "The Hundred welcomes men's and women's players from all over the world and we would expect the eight teams to reflect that.

"Almost 1,000 cricketers from 18 nations have registered for The Hundred auction, with representation on the longlist of over 50 players respectively from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Pakistan and West Indies."

Who else has signed up?
In total, 964 players have signed up for the auction, which will be the first of its kind in the UK after the tournament moved away from a draft system after the external investment into the eight teams.

The men's list includes England batter Joe Root, leg-spinner Adil Rashid, wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow and last year's leading run-scorer Jordan Cox - all of whom were not retained by their franchises.

Stokes has not played in the competition since 2024, having skipped it last year to manage his workload.

Mark Wood, currently recovering from a knee injury after the Ashes, is not on the list, nor is veteran bowler James Anderson.

The overseas names include South Africa internationals Quinton de Kock, David Miller and Aiden Markram, plus West Indies internationals Jason Holder, Sherfane Rutherford and Shimron Hetmyer.

Pakistan's Saim Ayub, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz and Naseem Shah have also registered at the highest men's reserve price of £100,000. Usman Tariq, Pakistan's mystery spinner, is also on the list.

Squads will be made up of between 16 to 18 players, while there is a salary cap limit along with a salary collar - a minimum amount teams must spend.

The salary pot in the men's competition for 2026 has risen by 45% to £2.05m per side, and the fund for women's teams has increased by 100% to £880,000.

England internationals Em Arlott, Amy Jones, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn and Linsey Smith are among the women's players to enter the draft at the £50,000 reserve price.

Davina Perrin, who scored a century aged 18 in last year's eliminator, has set her reserve price at £37,500.

South Africa all-rounder Nadine de Klerk, New Zealand's Sophie Devine, Australia's Beth Mooney and India's Richa Ghosh are the other women's players in the highest bracket. India captain Harmanpreet Kaur is a notable absentee.

There are no Indians on the men's list.

Current India men's internationals are not currently allowed to play in franchise leagues other than the Indian Premier League but England and Wales Cricket Board chairman Richard Thompson has said it is "only a matter of time" before they feature in The Hundred.

 
Put the potential non-selection to one side.

Who cares about this format?

As if T20 wasn't bad enough already.
 
How many Pakistani players were selected in the previous year?
In 2025, zero (0) Pakistani players were selected in The Hundred draft. Despite 45 men and 5 women registering for the 2025 tournament, no Pakistani players were picked by any of the eight teams.

Bad m ek -2 le liye ho to PTA nahi.

:klopp :kp
 
Lauren Bell (Southern Brave) 🩷😍 and Nat Sciver-Brunt (Trent Rockets) highest female earners on £140k each
 
Interesting

Last year no one was picked

Let's see who will get picked this time
Let’s be honest
The only Pakistani who has performed in the hindered has been usama Mir, none of our other players have done anything of note
Just like the first season of the IPL, all our players flopped apart from sohail Tanvir

Compared to the likes of azhar mahmood and yasir arafat who were domestic beasts every time they were picked as an overseas signing

We can blame the Indians/uk for conspiring against Pakistan but we only have ourselves to blame if we Keep underperforming in major trophies
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There are non-IPL teams so there's no reason they shouldn't get picked. Especially after the ECB CEO was put on the spot and questioned about this, and made it clear that there is no shadow-ban on Pakistani players. Would make him look like a bit of a clown if no Pakistani players were picked now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
'A shame' if Pakistan players excluded from Hundred

England limited-overs captain Harry Brook said it would be "a shame" if Pakistan players were excluded from playing in The Hundred this year.

Sources have told BBC Sport that Pakistan players are not being considered by the four Indian-owned sides for the auction, which will take place on 11 and 12 March.

Yorkshire batter Brook has already been signed by Indian-owned Sunrisers Leeds, previously known as Northern Superchargers, and will be the tournament's highest-paid player after receiving a fee of £465,000.

He captained the Superchargers in the past two seasons but revealed he will not do so this year.

"My main focus at the minute is to play the T20 World Cup," said the 26-year-old, speaking a day before England's Super 8s match against Sri Lanka.

"That part of The Hundred is above me and whatever they decided to do is up to them.

"Pakistan have been a great cricket nation for many years and have some awesome players, some of the best players in the world.

"It would be a shame not to see some of them in The Hundred."

Sixty-three male and four female players from Pakistan have signed up for The Hundred auction.

In messages seen by the BBC, a senior official from the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) indicated to an agent that interest in his Pakistan players would be limited to sides not linked to the Indian Premier League (IPL).

Four of the eight franchises - Manchester Super Giants, MI London, Southern Brave and Sunrisers Leeds - are now at least part-owned by companies that control IPL teams.

Former England captain Michael Vaughan said on Friday that the ECB "need to act fast" because omitting players based on their nationality "should not be allowed to happen".

Players from Pakistan have not featured in the IPL since 2009 because of diplomatic tensions between Pakistan and India, and a refusal to sign players in The Hundred would follow the trend elsewhere in the franchise world.

No Pakistan players have featured in South Africa's SA20, which launched in 2023. All six of its teams are owned by IPL franchise groups - including the four now involved in The Hundred.

In the United Arab Emirates' ILT20, franchises controlled by the owners of MI London and Southern Brave have not signed a Pakistan player across four seasons, but have recruited cricketers from 15 other nationalities.

By contrast, American-owned ILT20 side Desert Vipers have signed eight Pakistan players over the same period.

Brook, who will have another busy schedule this summer as a multi-format England player, said he has already told Sunrisers he will not continue as captain.

"I am staying away from that stuff and will let the head coach and whoever is in charge control that," he said.

In response to the BBC's initial story, an ECB spokesperson said: "The Hundred welcomes men's and women's players from all over the world and we would expect the eight teams to reflect that.

"Almost 1,000 cricketers from 18 nations have registered for The Hundred auction, with representation on the longlist of over 50 players respectively from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Pakistan and West Indies."

Birmingham Phoenix, London Spirit, Trent Rockets and Welsh Fire are the four Hundred teams not owned by IPL franchises.

BBC
 
Apparently they pulled out because of Test commitments,

Are England playing Test cricket at the same time? Surely then Brooks, Root, Pope, Bethel, Ducket etc should also not be available for the tournament?
Yes, 3 match series with Pakistan.

I think they will be partially available. For any period before or after the series.
 
Yes, 3 match series with Pakistan.

I think they will be partially available. For any period before or after the series.
The final of the Hundred is scheduled for 16th August

The first Test between Pakistan and England is on 19th


If you remember Rizwan, he flew out to play BPL the same day Pakistan lost a home ODI series v NZ.


We know exactly why these two frauds didn’t register. The Test series is a bs excuse lol
 
Usman Tariq is likely to get picked.

Shaheen should also get picked because English conditions suit Shaheen.
That’s a false perception about Shaheen

English Conditions suited Shaheen when he was a 145kmh bowler

The wickets are usually flat and good for batting. This 130kmh Shaheen will get smashed to pieces
 
The final of the Hundred is scheduled for 16th August

The first Test between Pakistan and England is on 19th


If you remember Rizwan, he flew out to play BPL the same day Pakistan lost a home ODI series v NZ.


We know exactly why these two frauds didn’t register. The Test series is a bs excuse lol
Whatever the reason may be it's not like they were going to get picked anyway.

That means that England Test team players may not be available for the latter stages of The Hundred but will probably play the rest of the season.
 
Back
Top