67th 100 Runs Partnership for Younis Khan in Tests

WebGuru

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Younis Khan is now involved in 49 partnerships of 100 or more runs in Tests. For Pakistan he is second in the list after Miandad who is involved in 50 partnership.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any way to find out who have been his most oft-found partners?

Involved in 9 such partnerships with Misbah and Yousuf.

r6s9.png

YK and Misbah should be batting 3 and 4.

Him and Misbah - the backbone of our test batting.

Overall in world list of 100 runs partnership please?

Younis record is very good with an average of 53+ while batting at #3 and he was batting there for most of his career so half of his runs centuries fifties etc are at number 3.

hmrw.png

WG what's the link to this stat?

Thanks

Involved in 9 such partnerships with Misbah and Yousuf.

r6s9.png

Remarkable how Younis and Yousuf have racked up those numbers together despite not really liking each other. The rivalry that they had probably kept both of them going.

Need 16 more runs to equal Javed Miandad record of 50 century partnerships for Pakistan.

would end up as our highest 100 partnership maker with our leading hundred maker and hopefully our leading run scorer. :p :p

Mods we need to update the title, 50 partnerships now...

Hello 50 times 100 partnership. This guy is really the second best we ever produced.

done and dusted!

Mods you need to change it again from 50 to 51 ;)

If sarfraz shows good form they may need to change it again. :p ;) He looks good for a double. Waisay if they are still there and he has the opportunity he should target a triple. thinking far ahead but i am in a positive mood. :D :D :D

Nice. Who are leading the overall list? Could you please post that list? Thanks

If sarfraz shows good form they may need to change it again. :p ;) He looks good for a double. Waisay if they are still there and he has the opportunity he should target a triple. thinking far ahead but i am in a positive mood. :D :D :D

Another 150 here and he will go ahead of Zaheer Abbas and just behind Miandad with most 150+ scores for Pakistan.

200 runs partnership will be counted as 2 hundred run partnerships???

200 runs partnership will be counted as 2 hundred run partnerships???

Nope only once just like scoring anything above 100 count as 1 century no matter even if you score 400 like Lara. Mahela and Sanga had a 600+ runs partnership against south africa.

Problem is who will hold the middle order? If we loose them to new ball, that can put more stress on team...

Typically when you are in high 30s or 40s you are not suppose to face new ball, day in day out...

I think Fawad Alam should be developed in the mold of Misbah and Younis. They will bring him next year anyway when one or both of them retire...

Main problem is lack of openers... Moving Azhar to that slot will effect his game...

Pakistan always had opener problem, nobody wants to open the innings ;))

That's primary reason we never had stable batting... Without consistent openers one cannot develop batting. Without foundation one cannot build skyscraper ;)

51th 100 Runs Partnership for Younis Khan in Tests. Most by any Pakistani batsman. Breaking Great Miandad's record.

88 RS Dravid
86 SR Tendulkar
85 RT Ponting
76 DPMD Jayawardene
70 S Chanderpaul
69 JH Kallis
64 SR Waugh
63 AR Border
62 BC Lara
61 KC Sangakkara
58 SM Gavaskar
55 AN Cook
51 Younis Khan
50 ML Hayden
50 Javed Miandad
49 JL Langer
47 IR Bell
47 G Boycott
47 ME Waugh
46 CG Greenidge
46 KP Pietersen
46 GC Smith
45 MJ Clarke
45 G Kirsten
44 MA Atherton
44 GS Chappell
44 IVA Richards
43 VVS Laxman
43 GS Sobers
42 DC Boon
42 MC Cowdrey
42 Inzamam-ul-Haq
41 SC Ganguly
41 GA Gooch
41 L Hutton
41 CH Lloyd
41 Mohammad Yousuf
41 AJ Strauss
40 DL Haynes
40 MA Taylor
39 AB de Villiers
39 V Sehwag
38 DI Gower
37 AJ Stewart
36 N Hussain
36 ME Trescothick
35 KF Barrington
35 DG Bradman
35 PA de Silva
35 GP Thorpe
34 RB Kanhai
33 WR Hammond
33 H Sutcliffe
32 M Azharuddin
32 JH Edrich
32 RN Harvey
32 JB Hobbs
32 TT Samaraweera
32 RR Sarwan
31 HM Amla
31 MS Atapattu
31 MEK Hussey
30 IM Chappell
30 DCS Compton
30 SP Fleming
30 A Ranatunga
30 MP Vaughan
30 DB Vengsarkar

He is breaking all test records by Miandad and Inzi bhai. At the end he will remain our best test batsman. Congrats

I think, I've found something that is so unique about Younis Khan. He could possible be the only player in test match history to score more than 1000 runs in all the 4 innings of test match at an average of 50 or more. Donald Bradman too average comfortably over 50 across all the 4 innings; but, he has only 734 runs in the 4th innings. Find the current record of Younis Khan :-
1st Innings - 2180 runs at 51.90 2nd Innings - 2642 runs at 56.21 3rd Innings - 1990 runs at 51.02 4th Innings - 1118 runs at 53.23
Now, forget about the minimum qualification of runs; even otherwise, Donald Bradman and Younis Khan are the only two players I found to average above 50 across all four innings of test match and I searched for all the usual suspects from Wally Hammond to AB de Villiers.
His 4th innings record of 1118 runs at 53.23 is legendary to say the least and among the very best, if not the best, in that regard. Talk about under rated batsman and here is one. So No one in the history of Test cricket has scored more runs than Younis Khan in all 4 innings with average greater than 50 in 4 innings. Incredible.

I think, I've found something that is so unique about Younis Khan. He could possible be the only player in test match history to score more than 1000 runs in all the 4 innings of test match at an average of 50 or more. Donald Bradman too average comfortably over 50 across all the 4 innings; but, he has only 734 runs in the 4th innings. Find the current record of Younis Khan :-
1st Innings - 2180 runs at 51.90 2nd Innings - 2642 runs at 56.21 3rd Innings - 1990 runs at 51.02 4th Innings - 1118 runs at 53.23
Now, forget about the minimum qualification of runs; even otherwise, Donald Bradman and Younis Khan are the only two players I found to average above 50 across all four innings of test match and I searched for all the usual suspects from Wally Hammond to AB de Villiers.
His 4th innings record of 1118 runs at 53.23 is legendary to say the least and among the very best, if not the best, in that regard. Talk about under rated batsman and here is one. So No one in the history of Test cricket has scored more runs than Younis Khan in all 4 innings with average greater than 50 in 4 innings. Incredible.

Record with Wasim is insane - I always think Wasim Akram didn't use his full batting potential, could have easily batted at 7 for PAK, instead of 9.

Record with Wasim is insane - I always think Wasim Akram didn't use his full batting potential, could have easily batted at 7 for PAK, instead of 9.

he was a much better bat than what his stats show

Sutcliffe also had 50+ average in all four innings. So Bradman, Younis and Sutcliffe are the only three. What an amazing group to be a part of!

Sutcliffe also had 50 average in all four innings. So Bradman, Younis and Sutcliffe are the only three. What an amazing group to be a part of!

but interesting thing is younis have scored more runs in all 4 innings of tests than both Don and Sutcliffe. No body would ever have imagined that some day a Pak batsman will have even better record than Don himself.

Here comes another one...Time to update the thread title!

In My opinion younis is a highly over rated batsman ,No Doubt He is a quality batsman on dead pitches but as a whole he is an average batsman at best , I was surpised to see his stats but sometimes stats doesn't reflect the true potential

In My opinion younis is a highly over rated batsman ,No Doubt He is a quality batsman on dead pitches but as a whole he is an average batsman at best , I was surpised to see his stats but sometimes stats doesn't reflect the true potential

are you serious?

Stick to football, kiddo.

Yes looking pretty at the crease is all that counts :yk2

Last edited:
Stick to football, kiddo.

i am following cricket since 1999 :) , Instead of hyping and calling him ATG you guys should accept the reality , he was never and will never be a great batsman .. scoring heavily on flat tracks doesn't reflect the true ability of a batsman , Even samaraweera managed to score 2 back to back double tons on flat dead tracks

i am following cricket since 1999 :) , Instead of hyping and calling him ATG you guys should accept the reality , he was never and will never be a great batsman .. scoring heavily on flat tracks doesn't reflect the true ability of a batsman , Even samaraweera managed to score 2 back to back double tons on flat dead tracks

Yes, flat tracks. The players were suddenly transported to the moon when the Aussies came out to bat.

Anyway who am I arguing with?? Weren't you the one that said Yousuf was better tan YK and called Inzi a nothing player(a hack to be precise).:)))

and i am watching cricket since late 80s i have seen many greats at their peaks and younus is one of them!

Yes, flat tracks. The players were suddenly transported to the moon when the Aussies came out to bat.

Anyway who am I arguing with?? Weren't you the one that said Yousuf was better tan YK and called Inzi a nothing player(a hack to be precise).:)))

Yousaf is the second best batsman of pakistan after miandad in tests followed by zaheer abbas .. Inzi was on par with younis khan (later is slightly better imo )
You guys have lowered your standards regarding great batsman , Check his ODI record , an average of 32 is no way near to be acceptaable even for an average batsman

Yousaf is the second best batsman of pakistan after miandad in tests followed by zaheer abbas .. Inzi was on par with younis khan (later is slightly better imo )
You guys have lowered your standards regarding great batsman , Check his ODI record , an average of 32 is no way near to be acceptaable even for an average batsman

You started watching cricket in 1999 and telling us about zaheer abbas miandad? I have seen zaheer abbas and miandad live and the whole career of inzi yusuf and younus. Yusuf is no way near top 3

The best pakistani bats are in this order for me after watching cricket for almost 3 decades

Miandad
Younus
Inzi
Yusuf

You started watching cricket in 1999 and telling us about zaheer abbas miandad? I have seen zaheer abbas and miandad live and the whole career of inzi yusuf and younus. Yusuf is no way near top 3

The best pakistani bats are in this order for me after watching cricket for almost 3 decades

Miandad
Younus
Inzi
Yusuf

It's like asking someone , How do you know don bradman was the best batsman ever ?

And as far as Younis and Yousuf are concerned, i have seen both of them playing and Yousuf was miles ahead of younis in terms of class , talent ,temprament and composure .. Younis started to score heavily since we started to play in UAE and he was missing in most of the foreign tours

It's like asking someone , How do you know don bradman was the best batsman ever ?

And as far as Younis and Yousuf are concerned, i have seen both of them playing and Yousuf was miles ahead of younis in terms of class , talent ,temprament and composure .. Younis started to score heavily since we started to play in UAE and he was missing in most of the foreign tours

Lol :)))

You have no clue what you are talking about have you. Foreign tours??

Whats Yousuf record like in SA, Aus, SL, India ??

The irony of you calling YK the FTB, and then rating Moyo over him who is the biggest FTB of them all. Failed to show up whenever the going or conditions got tough.

Last edited:

Miandad and Younus are easily the best. Followed by Inzi. The rest are not in there league.

And Yk will be our best test bat by the time he hangs up his boots.

30 test tons and around 10000 runs which he should get is the stuff of the legends.

Last edited:
Meant ten thousand.

Has a ton in SA on his last tour. Anything else??

I KNew eventually you will come up with this solo hundred by him in SA , Azhar mehmood have 2 100s in SA that doesn't mean he was an accomplished batsman by any means,

Anyways i never meant to start an argument with you guys ,it's just my opinion about YK and we can have our own point of views about anyone :usman

I KNew eventually you will come up with this solo hundred by him in SA , Azhar mehmood have 2 100s in SA that doesn't mean he was an accomplished batsman by any means,

Anyways i never meant to start an argument with you guys ,it's just my opinion about YK and we can have our own point of views about anyone :usman

Okay lets try this. 4 tons vs SA and now 3 against Aus. The two best attacks of his time. Brilliant against India as well.

Of course, you can have your opinion.

But you can be horribly wrong as well which is quite clearly the case here.

I am worried about pakistan cricket future , he is going to make a comeback in LOIs and he's a torture to watch in limited over cricket , Get ready for a surprise and another early exit from the WC because of these TTF senior batsmans..

HOw will you justify his LOIs Record for a GREAT batsman ??

He is a great test player. The thread is discussing his test achievements.

Not sure where ODI's came from. He is extremely poor in that format and it is no secret.

He is a great test player. The thread is discussing his test achievements.

Not sure where ODI's came from. He is extremely poor in that format and it is no secret.

He's a one dimentional player . He can't rotate the strike to save his life and he ain't anything special outside Sub-continent even in test matches ..I am sick of his undeserved praise , We as a fans have short term memory loss problem and we are never gonna learn from our mistakes..

Just chill bro , i 'll get back to you when he will be exposed outside SC

With this series YK has definitely overtaken Inzamam and MoYo. If he can manage 10,000 runs @ 52 with 100 Tests and 30 Hundreds, he'll overtake Miandad.

His cricketing age is 36 and he's very fit for his age - there is no reason why he cannot play for another 3/4 years. Might not be able to sustain this purple patch, but he has always been good enough for a hundred per series.

He's a one dimentional player . He can't rotate the strike to save his life and he ain't anything special outside Sub-continent even in test matches ..I am sick of his undeserved praise , We as a fans have short term memory loss problem and we are never gonna learn from our mistakes..

Just chill bro , i 'll get back to you when he will be exposed outside SC

Again some rubbish.

Averages 45 in Aus, 50 plus in Eng and 60+ in NZ. 32 in SA is not up to the mark though. But he does have some fantastic knocks there. A 100 the last series and before that a brilliant 67 odd chasing in the 4th innings. Won us the only match of that tour.

Also remember that in the third test,2013 series he was batting well until everyone else decided to get out and he was left stranded.

Back