Abhishek Sharma's 47-ball ton helps India (234/2) rout Zimbabwe (134) by 100 runs, Level Series

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
India’s surprising defeat to Zimbabwe in the first T20I leaves them with little time to reflect, as the second T20I is scheduled for less than 24 hours later. Shubman Gill, the Indian captain, expressed his disappointment over the performance of his young team in the 13-run loss they endured in the initial match.

gfYHpFp.png

Squads:

India
Squad: Shubman Gill(c), Abhishek Sharma, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Riyan Parag, Rinku Singh, Dhruv Jurel(w), Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Tushar Deshpande, Sai Sudharsan, Harshit Rana, Jitesh Sharma

Zimbabwe Squad: Wessly Madhevere, Innocent Kaia, Brian Bennett, Sikandar Raza(c), Dion Myers, Johnathan Campbell, Clive Madande(w), Wellington Masakadza, Luke Jongwe, Blessing Muzarabani, Tendai Chatara, Brandon Mavuta, Richard Ngarava, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Faraz Akram, Antum Naqvi

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

To the Indian Youngsters!

Yesterday's match against Zimbabwe might not have gone as planned, but remember, every great journey is paved with challenges. Making your debut for India is a remarkable achievement in itself, and while yesterday might have been tough, it's just the beginning of your journey on the international stage.

To our debutants and IPL stars, your talent and potential are undeniable. You have already shown your skills in the IPL, and that's why you are here, representing our country. It's important to remember that even the greatest players have had their share of setbacks. It's these moments that shape and define champions.

Stay confident and believe in your abilities. You are here because you deserve to be. Every match is a new opportunity to showcase your talent. Use yesterday's experience as a lesson. Analyze what went wrong, work on it, and come back stronger. Each game is a stepping stone to greatness.

Cricket is a team game. Support each other, lift each other up, and work as a cohesive unit. Your bond and teamwork will be your greatest strength. Play with the same passion and enthusiasm that brought you here. Remember why you started playing cricket and let that drive fuel you.

Resilience is key. Every setback is a setup for a comeback. Keep fighting, keep pushing, and keep believing. Today is a new day, a new match, and a new opportunity to make a mark. Go out there with confidence, play your best, and show the world what you're capable of. We, your fans, believe in you and are behind you every step of the way.

Rise up, play hard, and make India proud!

India Star Wants Team To Stick To Attacking Batting Approach Despite Loss To Zimbabwe In First T20I

Despite a flop show from Indian batters in the first T20I match against Zimbabwe in Harare, out-of-favour India batter Abhinav Mukund has backed the visitors' approach. An enthusiatic bowling effort helped Zimbabwe upset India by a 13-run margin in the game on Saturday. India seemed right in control of the game after restricting their opponents to 115 for 9 in the stipulated 20 overs but Zimbabwe made a remarkable comeback. They used the extra bounce of the surface in a superb manner and bowled out India for 102 in 19.5 overs. The poor shot-making of the Indian batters, three of who made their debut for the side, also helped Zimbabwe's cause.

With a score of 31 off 29, Shubman Gill was the top run-getter for India as the side was bundled out in chase of a paltry total. Washington Sundar (27 off 34) fought till the end but failed to take India home, being the final wicket to fall down.

Tendai Chatara (3 for 16) and Sikandar Raza (3 for 25) were the pick of the bowlers for Zimbabwe.

While majority of the Indian batters lost their wickets while trying to go for big shots, Mukund said that they should stick to the template but also keep the playing conditions in mind.

"I don't think they should change their approach. Maybe they should respect the conditions more," Abhinav Mukund on Sony Sports Network after the match.

Ravi Bishnoi registered his career-best figures as India restricted Zimbabwe to 115 for 9 in 20 overs after Shubman Gill won the toss and opted to bowl first.

Ravi Bishnoi picked four wickets for 13 runs in his quota of four overs while Washington Sundar returned figures of 2 for 11 in his four overs. Mukesh Kumar and Avesh Khan got a wicket each.

NDTV

Yesterday's match against Zimbabwe might not have gone as planned, but remember, every great journey is paved with challenges. Making your debut for India is a remarkable achievement in itself, and while yesterday might have been tough, it's just the beginning of your journey on the international stage.

To our debutants and IPL stars, your talent and potential are undeniable. You have already shown your skills in the IPL, and that's why you are here, representing our country. It's important to remember that even the greatest players have had their share of setbacks. It's these moments that shape and define champions.

Stay confident and believe in your abilities. You are here because you deserve to be. Every match is a new opportunity to showcase your talent. Use yesterday's experience as a lesson. Analyze what went wrong, work on it, and come back stronger. Each game is a stepping stone to greatness.

Cricket is a team game. Support each other, lift each other up, and work as a cohesive unit. Your bond and teamwork will be your greatest strength. Play with the same passion and enthusiasm that brought you here. Remember why you started playing cricket and let that drive fuel you.

Resilience is key. Every setback is a setup for a comeback. Keep fighting, keep pushing, and keep believing. Today is a new day, a new match, and a new opportunity to make a mark. Go out there with confidence, play your best, and show the world what you're capable of. We, your fans, believe in you and are behind you every step of the way.

This isn't a Bollywood movie

Big feeling Innocence will lose his Innocence today!

Zimbabwe beautiful team

Blessing Muzrabani
Innocence Kaia

They are ambassadors of peace
Muzarabani is a good bowler as well. Also amazing to see Chatara still doing well. His comeback has been a fine one overall.

it would have been nice if this was a tri series or 4 nation series with BD and Ireland also in it. I can easily see our FB worriers declaring us world champions if they can beat this Indian team

ok lets see what benett and campbell do in this match.
Yeah, those two, esp Bennett have made a huge difference to the side. Naqvi is very close to making his debut and they've got Nick Welch who could well come in to the picture as well, has recently hit some form in their domestic circuit.

One more win for Zimbabwe in this series will be incredible for them!

I'm so happy to see a lot of our Indian fans feeling happy for Zimbabwe after their win, even if it was against us. Shows how we love the game and feel happy for lower ranked nations when they do well.

This is also a great gesture by the BCCI to tour Zimbabwe, it gives them much needed money. This tour was not a part of the initial FTP but was scheduled later.

Toss Update:

India win the toss and will bat first

Zimbabwe XI is unchanged after yesterday's win

India XI: 1 Shubman Gill (capt), 2 Abhishek Sharma, 3 Ruturaj Gaikwad, 4 Riyan Parag, 5 Sai Sudharsan, 6 Rinku Singh, 7 Dhruv Jurel (wk), 8 Washington Sundar, 9 Ravi Bishnoi, 10 Avesh Khan, 11 Mukesh Kumar

Zimbabwe XI: 1 Wessly Madhevere, 2 Innocent Kaia, 3 Brian Bennett, 4 Sikandar Raza (capt), 5 Dion Myers, 6 Johnathan Campbell, 7 Clive Madande (wk), 8 Wellington Masakadza, 9 Luke Jongwe, 10 Blessing Muzarabani, 11 Tendai Chatara

Last edited:
Gaikwad always struggles outside and will tuk tuk happily. Others have to do scoring till he settles (up to 10 overs)

that spot where he has scored 202 runs of 205 balls that seems a huge weakness considering the number of balls he faced. other teams can utilize this against him

Muzarabani and even Jongwe have mostly bowled there. Very accurate

Even against 145 plus pacers, left arm quicks he struggles a lot .I remember burger got him twice in 4 balls . It was all unbelievable pr for him like samson

145 kph left arm pacers who move the ball are tough even for the best of batters.

Trouble is Gaikwad struggles against anyone who hits a line and length.

Otherwise, his game is pretty good. Plays the short ball well, plays spin well etc.

Abhishek sharma is a good player. Looks good and pleasing to the eye. India may have thier future opener in him on permanent basis.

Abhishek sharma is a good player. Looks good and pleasing to the eye. India may have thier future opener in him on permanent basis.
Too early to say I think. Gill and Jaiswal have first dibs with Rohit & Kohli retired but he has some promise and the right attitude for a T20 opener. Solid strike rate and a decent average.

Good fightback by the indian youngsters after yesterday's loss. It's a good welcome call to international cricket and hope they get more exposure against top.sides

Sharma is going to be a star for India. Jaiswal and Sharma opening pair in future man that is one destructive opening pair for India

Abhishek Sharma unloading like Abhishek Bachan here

145 kph left arm pacers who move the ball are tough even for the best of batters.
After watching many of our atrocious batting collapses against left arm pacers ,my tolerance for such batters especially new ones have reduced to zero.

Too early to say I think. Gill and Jaiswal have first dibs with Rohit & Kohli retired but he has some promise and the right attitude for a T20 opener. Solid strike rate and a decent average.
With the form Gill is in, I think he might be replaced soon by somebody like abhishek but yes, too soon atm.

Jaiswal and Abhishek opening together will be treat to watch।

Jasiwal
Abhishek
Sky
Pant
Rinku
Hardik

This should he batting line up for next T20 WC ।

@FearlessRoar and others hoping that our white ball batting will suffer after Kohli, I've said this before and I'll say it again , our white ball batting is just waiting to explode.

The lads coming up will make Kohli look average.

Your hopes and prayers are in vain :)

Abhishek got a golden duck yesterday and 47 ball 100 today.

I wonder what he had for breakfast! Some terrific hitting there.

@FearlessRoar and others hoping that our white ball batting will suffer after Kohli, I've said this before and I'll say it again , our white ball batting is just waiting to explode.

According to a lot of people, cricket in India died after Gavaskar and Kapil Dev retired. :ashwin

Man how can he say that .

We have best talented young player's in the world .

Maybe he was commenting on Pakistan but by mistake he named india. @FearlessRoar right? :kp

Rinku needs to show that he can accelerate from here, he is likely to batting for India in this kind of situation 5-6 overs left

Gaikwad well played….he paced his inning beautifully…. Initially when Abhishek was hitting, he anchored his inning accordingly

Why is everyone saying that Ruturaj is unsuitable for T20s? He is playing a stellar role here.
If anyone is unsuitable for T20s, it is the chap who is captaining this team.

Why is everyone saying that Ruturaj is unsuitable for T20s? He is playing a stellar role here.
If anyone is unsuitable for T20s, it is the chap who is captaining this team.

Ruturaj played today according to situation…. He later paced his inning like Kohli’s inning in WC final

Muzarabani first 2 over - 2 runs 1 wickets ,1 maiden
Next 2 over - 28 runs

They are not up to the mark as shown by them yesterday.. Everyone will smash this bowling line up..

If wont happen but imagine if Zimbabwe end up chasing this target hahahah

We will talk about this after India's T20i series with Australia or England

We can probably field a top 7 with just lefties. So many of them coming through

Looks like my words have inspired the Boyz!

:zardari2

Abhishek Sharma:

First 50 in 33 balls.
Next 50 in a stunning 13 balls.

An explosive masterclass from Abhishek

Back