Abhishek Sharma's 47-ball ton helps India (234/2) rout Zimbabwe (134) by 100 runs, Level Series

Is 30 yr old Mukesh really one of the top bowlers in India?

Thankyou Zimbabwe.

Smashed this Mukesh Kumar .

Damn he got another wickets :confused:

Where is the India bowler who bowled the fastest ball by an Indian. I think he is from kasmir may be
Kashmiri not good enough for selectors and other guy is injury prone and bowls two overs a year.

We will talk about this after India's T20i series with Australia or England
Aus lost 5 match t20 series against half of this team with half of their first eleven team in last Nov.(Head, stonis,Tim David, Maxwell, Inglis,Wade,smith).Ind didn't have any first eleven players

This series is giving us a glimpse how a post-Bumrah Indian bowling attack may do.

This series is giving us a glimpse how a post-Bumrah Indian bowling attack may do.
Bumrah is 30. Def Not retiring in next 2-3 yrs. TM is doing everything possible to keep him fit for crucial ICC tournaments. He is getting enough rest during useless bilaterals such as this. Moreover, Ind won the WT20 not just becz of Bumrah. Arshdeep & pandya were superb as well. So was kuldeep (except the final match)

Same Pitch, Indian batters just turned IPL mode and also got lucky with some dropped catches. India was some 40/1 in 7 overs. next 13 overs they went berserk.

Even Zimbabwe were scoring at 10 an over (first 5 overs). Same Zimbabwe only scored 115 last game.

They are using another pitch maybe.

Even Zimbabwe were scoring at 10 an over (first 5 overs). Same Zimbabwe only scored 115 last game.

They are using another pitch maybe.
Bennet is a good hitter who scored bulk of the runs today in first 5 overs. Every other Zim batter has struggled today just like yesterday. Pitch is double paced.

Bishnoi is all class. India needs to develop this guy. Also Washibgton Sundar

Also it's a joke to see Mukesh Kumar in Indian colors. He is the classic depressing trundler from the 90s. Can't field, can't bat to save his own life and trundles at 130 kph.

Also Avesh really need to work on his fielding.

Kohli and Rohit played only one series
Against Afghanistan just before WC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_185644_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_185644_Firefox.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 5
Good to see Parag and Abhishek bowling.

India genuinely needs batsmen who can bowl. Allows the team to be flexible if needed.

If it wasn't for Abhishek Zim would had drawn the game.

Logic used for Kohli Bumrah Sharma lol

Even Zimbabwean know this team is not that entertaining
Kohli failed to reach double figures in the entire tournament. Except the Final which was played on a flat patta. Don't think he would hv done much on these double paced sluggish Zim wickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abhishek Sharma starred with a historic century in India's dominating 100-run win over Zimbabwe in the second T20I in Harare on Sunday. Abhishek scored 100 off 47 balls as India posted 234 for 2 after opting to bat first. Playing only his second T20I game, the southpaw slammed his maiden international century in 46 balls. This saw him becoming the India batter to take fewest innings (2) to score a T20I ton. Ruturaj Gaikwad scored 77 not out while Rinku Singh too contributed with a quickfire 48 not out as the Zimbabwe bowlers had a tough day on the field. The likes of Avesh Khan (3 for 15) and Ravi Bishnoi (2 for 11) ruled the roost in the second innings as India bowled out Zimbabwe for 134

Great comeback by us - especially Abhishek. What a blistering ton! This was a near perfect match performance

It's borderline criminal to give Mukesh and Co a free run of 5 matches. He is 30 but looks every bit 40. Takes an eternity to walk back to his run up. Can't field. Can't bat. What a waste of a space.

Team India has so many exciting pacers coming through its system and IPL and yet they somehow choose this guy to lead their bowling. Incredible!

Good to see the batters shaking the cobwebs off and settling into the groove. Still the team dynamic seems to be a bit off. Could be that these youngsters are still in IPL mindset and see the others as competitors than collaborators even if in the same blue shirt. Really wish BCCI sent someone senior and fatherly kind of figure who can instill some discipline and sense of representing the nation into these younglings.

It's a relatively long tournament so I hope these guys bond by end of it. They need to realize IPL is the imposter and team India is reality.

Normal service resume.

Yesterday India player's were still celebrated World cup victory .

Could be that these youngsters are still in IPL mindset and see the others as competitors than collaborators even if in the same blue shirt.
I think competition for the same spots is the issue. Gill,Abhishek,Jaiswal for openers.Sai, Gaikwad for 1 down back up/anchor role.parag,rinku for 1 spot. Washi/Bishnoi for 3rd spinner.Avesh for the lone back up option .Some sort of guidance and mentoring is required but alas laxman is not good enough

Face saving win after a horror 1st T20 loss for us.

Didn’t watch the game but going by the scorecard, it appears Abhishek and Rutu (and possibly poor catching from Zim) saved us from another ignominy.

Still as expected and discussed by many of us (Indian PPers) before the series (in the other thread on India tour of Zimbabwe), this bowling attack looks pathetic (especially the trundlers masquerading as pacers). We could/should have used better upcoming talents for this tour than this tried and tested flop shows.

In a way, I hope performances (or lack thereof) in this series will make some of the trundlers to never get considered for the future selections.

Irrespective of the opposition a 47 ball ton is hella impressive

I think competition for the same spots is the issue. Gill,Abhishek,Jaiswal for openers.Sai, Gaikwad for 1 down back up/anchor role.parag,rinku for 1 spot. Washi/Bishnoi for 3rd spinner.Avesh for the lone back up option .Some sort of guidance and mentoring is required but alas laxman is not good enough
Yes.

In a way I am glad that no upcoming youngster was given a go at the world cup or that would have gone into their heads.

Let them all be given a fair chance and a full cycle to prove their worth. This tour is a start.

But yes without the underlying devotion for the nation, any talent is as good as useless. All here guys need to play as a team and not as individuals.

Rutu was really poor today and he himself admitted he could not middle anything. He can't afford to be such a start slow player if he expects to be a regular in T20s for India.

Rohit Sharma showed the template for everyone. Trust your fellow batters and give them the best possible platform - a blazing start at the top oozing positivity. And that won him the world cup itself. I get the feeling he's more of a ODI player like Kohli who can take up one end, but I am not sure he'll do a lot good in the shortest version. India has so much talented youngsters occupying the top and middle and even middle lower order and they all have the ability to score at 150-200 SR from the 15-20 balls they get.

Today Zimbabwe beaten by 100 runs which equals previous record of Australia beaten Zimbabwe by 100 runs in 2018.

Only difference is…. It was Australian Team whereas today it’s India C

One Sharma "The hitman" retires. Other Sharma "Abhishek" scores 100 of 47.
Eventually in a years time ( after of course some failures) the Indian batting lineup for next T20 World cup will be something like this

Abhishek
Yashasvi
Gill
Surya
Rinku
Hardik
Shivam
Axar
Kuldeep / Siraj ( depending on pitch type)
Arshdeep
BoomRah

Eventually between Hardik, Axar, Abhishek, Shivam, Rinku ...10-12 overs can be bowled depending on the circumstances

But yes without the underlying devotion for the nation, any talent is as good as useless. All here guys need to play as a team and not as individuals.

Rutu was really poor today and he himself admitted he could not middle anything.

Rohit Sharma showed the template for everyone.
I think these players will feel confident and secure once they perform to get noticed. The transition from the scratch is happening to us for the first time in so many years.

Gaikwad always plays selfishly and he can up the score after playing atleast 30 balls. He will be measured against Jaiswal, Abhishek, sky etc so it's up to him to improve or bust.

Rohit did a phenomenal job by being selfless and aggressive especially in the knockouts.i hope these players will follow the route.

😂 Terrible thrashing but this was expected. Even if this ends 4-1 and Zimbabwe can compete, then they will be happy.

India respects opposition and takes them seriously, this series is a great opportunity for a lot of our fringe players to stake a claim.

If I'm not wrong, Ramiz Raja once said "who is organizing all these series' against Zimbabwe?" He referred to them as if they are below Pakistan's level to even play against.... Pakistan's full strength team then proceeded to lose against Zimbabwe and USA in the next two editions of T20 WC. 😂😂

You don't do well because of playing or not playing against someone... You do well when you have good work ethics and respect the opposition.

😂 Terrible thrashing but this was expected. Even if this ends 4-1 and Zimbabwe can compete, then they will be happy.

India respects opposition and takes them seriously, this series is a great opportunity for a lot of our fringe players to stake a claim.

If I'm not wrong, Ramiz Raja once said "who is organizing all these series' against Zimbabwe?" He referred to them as if they are below Pakistan's level to even play against.... Pakistan's full strength team then proceeded to lose against Zimbabwe and USA in the next two editions of T20 WC. 😂😂

You don't do well because of playing or not playing against someone... You do well when you have good work ethics and respect the opposition.
We respect the opposition a bit too much by playing first team players in every series

Eventually in a years time ( after of course some failures) the Indian batting lineup for next T20 World cup will be something like this

Abhishek
Yashasvi
Gill
Surya
Rinku
Hardik
Shivam
Axar
Arshdeep
BoomRah

Eventually between Hardik, Axar, Abhishek, Shivam, Rinku ...10-12 overs can be bowled depending on the circumstances
Who is keeping the wickets

Abhishek
Yashasvi
Gill
Surya
Rinku
Hardik
Shivam
Axar
Arshdeep
BoomRah

In no world does it make sense to play an XI eithout a wicketkeeper.

Replace Doob with Pant and it looks terrific

Back