Zimbabwe (115/9) hand a shocking 13-run defeat to India (102) in the 1st T20I

Youngsters will fail. That is obvious. But you got to give them an extended run.

Looking at this match I must say the Selectors selected the perfect squad for the World T20I.

These guys would have been a disaster :vk1

fielding was horrible and bowling too and batting seems pathetic. They seemed to have been too cocky for their own good.
Yeah IPL royalty getting a rude awakening to international cricket. Not all pitches are true where you can hit cleanly through the line.

They'll eventually learn but it makes me laugh how many people were crying themselves hoarse for these kids to get picked in the cauldron of the world cup.

BY the way. Washington can chase this. I trust this guy. He was a revelation in that last Ind-Aus series in AUstralia.

Looking at this match I must say the Selectors selected the perfect squad for the World T20I.

These guys would have been a disaster :vk1
It's the mentality of fans. The guys not playing always look like the bradmans and the wasim akrams.

This is why Indian cricket will remain amongst the top teams. They are exposing their second string players so they can get exposure. The result does not always matter. They are already the T20 champions and preserving their future (y)

India should still win the series but clearly the dream of fielding 3 international level sides was just over exuberance

Actually this is good. The newcomers will now know that international cricket and IPL are completely different. A very important learning experience.

61-7

119 is the target… these guys thought target will be walk in the park… Sharma, Rinku and others got out by playing falatu shots… Kohli given them example in WC final of how to bat when wickets down at the start

Riyan Parag.

Didn't he boast something like he won't follow Indian team in T20I world cup?

India need 53 runs in 39 balls.

Very tough, even for SUndar.. I dont think he is a power hitter

It's a pitch for spinners and ultra trundlers like Jongwe and Chatara .

Avesh and Khaleel bowled really poorly. No real cutters or intent to take pace off.

Riyan Parag.

It's good for them to have a reality check. International cricket even against minnows is at another level.

And in t20 any team can beat anyone on their day. Good that it's a 5 match series so everyone will get their opportunities

Riyan Parag.

Lol this guy is so arrogant! Empty vessels make the most noise. He once tweeted he would take a hat-trick and six sixes in an IPL match

It's good for them to have a reality check. International cricket even against minnows is at another level.

And in t20 any team can beat anyone on their day. Good that it's a 5 match series so everyone will get their opportunities
Yes, this is a brilliant reality check.

The youngsters will need to bring their A-Game next match.

Upto Washy and AVesh to chase this tough target

All this learning curve, ipl different from international is just bunkum... These kids need to learn in domestic and maybe more ipls... Thankfully bcci/ team mgmt had the maturity to field an experienced team and bring home the cup

Abysmal batting performance by our middle order and top order barring Gill (who himself hasn't really done that well considering such a low total). We were really fortunate to get the likes of Rohit, Kohli and Dhawan during 2010s. I just don't get that confidence from Gill. At his age, Kohli went toe to toe against some of the best bowlers

These are poor tactics. You have to take singles when there are limited balls remaining

16 off 6. Would take a lot of effort from washi to win it for us. Should have taken 2s tbh . This is where the strategy of Kohli shines

16 with only 1 wicket in the final over is too difficult

14 off 3

Washy has no power game, shuldnt play as an allrounder

Abysmal batting performance by our youngsters. I may have wrongfully accused the selectors of choosing has-beens. This current lot is clearly not yet ready for international cricket and needs to be blooded for it

Back