Afghanistan v Nepal | WT20 Group A First Round | Chittagong | 20/03/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be an excellent contest. Afghans are few notches above Nepal so expect them to win the match!! Lets see

Yes, you are right. He seems like a proper player. Very impressed with Nepal, in this tournament. They have shown, lot of potential for the future.

Nepals batsmen have got the basics right . Their next generation may produce some quality batsmen with better support

Ireland, Afghanistan and now Nepal ..good to see the associate nations stepping up

Ireland, Afghanistan and now Nepal ..good to see the associate nations stepping up

It's a real tragedy that the icc is only interested in promoting India and the big 3. No doubt these countries will fizzle out just like Kenya :(

It's a real tragedy that the icc is only interested in promoting India and the big 3. No doubt these countries will fizzle out just like Kenya :(

True said... Kenya used to be a big force back in the days alongwith Zimbabwe

Good match. I think both the countries have future in this game.

Cricket

It's all about the flow of talent. Kenya struggled to maintain their standing in world cricket, because the team mostly relied on few players to carry them through. Once, those players left, the team struggled to find their replacements. Also, unlike Kenya, Cricket is more popular in Nepal and will attract more wide spread participation. With regular games and little support, they could do really well.

I dont think the ordinary Kenyans public were as big a fan of Cricket as the Nepalese and Afghans are. Now if the general population of a country is not interested in a sport then there is no chance of it keeping the flow of producing decent players and thus teams more often than not tend to backwards

shame that useless UAE are going to WC2015 , wish nepal had qualified

Well I hope the above posts are true.

I'm seriously impressed with afghan and nepal.
Ireland's issue of having players stolen must be addressed ASAP though. How long before Paul Stirling is in England colours

Nepalese players look a lot more naturally fitter than the rest of the subcontinental teams. They will be good fielders I think.

Hope Sadiq retires soon for the sake of Afghan cricket, ridiculous to drop Gulbadin and select this guy. What makes it more annoying is that he is apparently borin in 1984, easily close to 40 years old

Last edited:
Afghanistan need to win this match fast and hope Bangla lose, if that is indeed their intention. Or are they just playing for a win and not caring about getting their NRR up

Naturally fitter? And you can judge this from the t20 format? They have some excellent stroke makers in the team but they dropped several easy catches and made lot of errors on the field, in the previous matches. Still, some way to go before they catch up with Ind, BD, Pak etc.

Afghanistan need to win this match fast and hope Bangla lose, if that is indeed their intention. Or are they just playing for a win and not caring about getting their NRR up

I will back Nepal now to win this match because their NRR is positive already so they stand a real chance for main round if bangladesh some how lose the match today. Afghanistan even after winning this match cant qualify because their NRR is so bad.

Afghans have seriously disappointed a lot in this tournament, either by their performance or for the attitude of the players. So many neutral fans were expecting the Afghans to defeat Bangladesh and qualify for the next round but here we have the Afghans struggling against the Nepalese

Afghanistan :))

This just shows passion and power can't substitute for technique and a lack of brains.

Way to go Nepal! My favourite associate team.

Hamid Hasan and Noor Ali are both not injured, Hamid gave a statement on his facebook page.

They just wanted to select Karim Sadiq and Aftab Alam his younger brother...Sad, like even today, the likelihood of Naib hitting quick ruins was higher than Karim Sadiq yet still, they drop one of their most consistent hitters for a 40 year old pretending to be 30

Shafiqullah is a positive, slot Hashmatullah Shaidi, Usman Ghani, Nasir Jamal in this team and it will improve their batting dramatically

Was told Karim and Nowroz will retire after this world cup, I hope it is true, they have no place in the Afghan team anymore, just being picked because they are the seniors who struggled to get Afghanistan here. Other than embarrass their team, I do not know what they have done

Hamid Hasan and Noor Ali are both not injured, Hamid gave a statement on his facebook page.

They just wanted to select Karim Sadiq and Aftab Alam his younger brother...Sad, like even today, the likelihood of Naib hitting quick ruins was higher than Karim Sadiq yet still, they drop one of their most consistent hitters for a 40 year old pretending to be 30

Both of them are impact players, especially noor ali !

Noor is a superb opener ! Cant believe the afghans have sidelined their best opening option !

will be a massive boost for Nepal if they win this and will massively demoralize Afghanistan

Game over for Afghanistan! Massively overhyped team exposed. Nepal are the team to look out for.

Afghans should have won this match easily. They have an excellent record against Nepal. Consistently, beat them in most previous encounters. Poor planning and wrong shot selection.

still Afghanistan has good chance 2 solid batsmen at crease , Samiullah to come

IJWBS. Over hyped team? Hmm, didn't know we had Vinod Kambli or Shoaib Akhter on this forum. Let's all make wild statements :)

Game over for Afghanistan! Massively overhyped team exposed. Nepal are the team to look out for.

You are a loser mate, they beat your team in the Asia cup and now you are sour grapes in every thread related to Afghanistan, get a life, utter tool

how did you lose to this overhyped team in Asia cup ? since 15 years you are still struggling to compete with Bigger nations , Afghanistan and Nepal in 5 years will be far better than you , you can only dream to defeat Zimbabwe in their own backyard forget about competing with other top nations

Nepal often comes closer to a victory against Afghanistan but always lose at the end somehow, its Pakistan-Bangladesh scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back