Afghanistan vs England | 6th Match | ICC WT20 | Group A | 21/9/12

I wish they can, but England's bowling is better than india. Afghanistan have a weakness against short ball. Expect plenty from Finn and broad.

Really really hope Afghanistan pull it off!

Mohammad Nabi and Mohammad Shahzad will be the key.

man i have to go some where now..i will be missing this game..BD game was boaring!

Best wishes to Afghans.

Bowling is real good. Please bat sensibly and score over 140.

Afghan win makes this really interesting :afridi

you know it would be classic if the afghans do indeed beat england since we, pakistan lost to england in the warm ups in quite a humiliating manner (with the bat).

It would be great if Afghanistan can beat Eng. It would livne up this boring WC. Also nothing would please me more than an Eng loss. :akhtar Cant stand their arrrogance these past 2 years with them comparing themselves to the great Aus team.

Good morning guys jumma Mubarak .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

looking forward to watching the Afghan pacers, I like their aggressive attitude.

Need to restrict England to under 140 somehow. Afghan spinners will play a key role.

Would love to see Afghanistan hammer Broad tonight. Expect quite a lot of short deliveries from Broad, Finn and Dernbach though.

Afghan National Anthem has a nice rhythm to it. Listening to it for the very first time and already liked it :afridi

Super start...wicket maiden...so hoping Afghanistan can pull off the upset...

Well Kieswetter there played what was no more than a decent first over like a complete dick. Deserved to go.

0/1 after 1.

Shappor is a Snapper.

Superb bowling. The guy deserves to play in IPL and get more money and exposure. Lots of Lallus are making millions there. Shappoor is much better than all of them. :nehra

Shappor is a Snapper.

Superb bowling. The guy deserves to play in IPL and get more money and exposure. Lots of Lallus are making millions there. Shappoor is much better than all of them. :nehra

Should there be an associate XI who play bilateral series against top teams? Would be real good for them.

Oooh...that was close to being run out...England looking very uneasy atm...

Should there be an associate XI who play bilateral series against top teams? Would be real good for them.

The Associate XI did play one match against England and it was a good contest.

A full fledged series would be nice though to develop the Associate XI players

Dawlat is also a real good bowler.

If only Afghanistan had a couple of real good batsman, they would be super dangerous.

Shapoor Zadran and Hamid Hassan would have made a deadly opening pair. If only Hasan was fit...

First over's a wicket maiden against Afghanistan? I don't even know what to think.. :taufeeq

The Associate XI did play one match against England and it was a good contest.

A full fledged series would be nice though to develop the Associate XI players

Yes and Associated XI defeating big teams would do wonders fr cricket in those countries.

I like this Afghani Shoaib Akhtar. Expect to see him in IPL soon. Go Afghans!!

Not watching the game but Shapoor apparently unplayable out there.

Shappor is a Snapper.

Whats the infatuation with IPL? Can you not think about IPL for a sec?

England need to treat Afghanistan with respect though, they've been the best minnow team so far, by far.

So far so good for Afghans. Pressure will be on Afghan spinners as pacers have gotten good start!

Woah what a ball!

Its about money man.

A lot of these players from Afghanistan do not get enough money and facilities. Once some of their players stat earning millions, it will propel others to take up the sport and make it big.

Really good comeback this from Dawlat...both these guys bowling well...help as well from a bit of uneven bounce...England looking very uncertain out there...

Its about money man.

A lot of these players from Afghanistan do not get enough money and facilities. Once some of their players stat earning millions, it will propel others to take up the sport and make it big.

Money is there but flat wickets will kill his confidence. Look at indain bowlers. They start their careers with some pace and then turn into trundlers because of 50 IPL games that they have to play with in a few months.

It's the the most lucrative tournament where minnows' players getting their correct worth for their talent.

Last edited:
Good bowl from Shapoor, But got Unlucky. Bcoz of Bounce...!!!!! So Broad and And Finn can produce good bowlsfr

Money is there but flat wickets will kill his confidence. Look at indain bowlers. They start their careers with some pace and then turn into trundlers because of 50 IPL games that they have to play with in a few months.

Even before IPL we had the same problem.

Afganistans bowling is top notch. Last match I thought they outbowled us and here their showing it was no fluke.

Can't see Afghanistan chasing much against England if their attack bowls well, this is not the same as the Indian trundlers - will be very tough to face the short bowling from Broad, Finn etc.

Very bad over for Afghans.

Misfielding, one lucky four and now2 more 4's and a six :facepalm:

All the good work ruined in one over :facepalm:

Afganistans bowling is top notch. Last match I thought they outbowled us and here their showing it was no fluke.

Bloke just went for 23 in an over off two county players lol.

Back