Afghanistan vs Pakistan | 3rd ODI | Colombo | 26 August, 2023 | Pakistan innings

I don't remember any controversial decision by the umpires in this series.
Two obvious no-balls weren't called last match and a higher than usual of their decisions have been overturned due to reviews. Umpiring has been below par for international cricket standards.

Seems after the dramatic heist in the 2nd match, we just don't seem quite on it today.

Batting effort fizzling out disappointingly.

Clearest no-ball I've ever seen against Shadab at the end of the last game?
Few decisions overturned because Afghan umpires were too keen to raise finger. Had it not been for DRS Pak might have lost this series 😂

Saud is literally born and bred for no 4. Rizwan if he performs at no 4 is never gonna get you match winning performances.

He's not programmed to play 100 balls minus those 2 innings against Australia 2 years ago.

Rizwan will get you a 50 to 70 and thats it.

We need him at no 5 to do that, at no 4 we need saud. Shame on the management for sending him so low, saud doesn't take risky singles, he's trying to Accelerate because pakistan set him up to fail.

Poor stuff from Shadab, should have looked for singles early on.

We seem way to reliable on our top 3 and Fakhar these days isn't the most consistent

Without Naseem's choke and Rauf's extreme pace, Afghans will fancy anything below 230. Poor batting display from the 35th over onwards by Pakistan so far.

Who says agha salman is a natural against spin? I saw people praising him before this series. He played ish sodhi Level spinners.

Man is bang Average.

Without Naseem's choke and Rauf's extreme pace, Afghans will fancy anything below 230. Poor batting display from the 35th over onwards by Pakistan so far.
Imagine expecting Rauf's pace and then Rana Faheem appears instead.

Our middle order are consist of Rizwan, Agha & iftikhar.... Someone should sacrifice his place for Saud Shakeel.. He is genuinely number 4 batsman...

Who says agha salman is a natural against spin? I saw people praising him before this series. He played ish sodhi Level spinners.

Man is bang Average.
He has been excellent vs whatever spin he played prior to this series.

This is the toughest spin challenge anyway, and he won't face them every match.

Azam Khan is a born and bred failure in international cricket. Theirs a reason he doesn't even Average 5 in international. Hitting in franchise means nothing when you have shaheen being promoted at no 3 and smacking 50's. In franchise they deliberately make batting paradise pitches to get high scores cause alot of money has been involved by rich people to bet on their teams.

Sharjeel Khan was always bang Average. Besides minnow bashing he's atrocious against spin. And useless after over 10 except against minnows.

Sarfraz Ahmed is good but he's getting old now, and his style of play is suited to test then odi, he was never an Odi batsmen.
I disagree, Azam Khan never got a clear cut defined role in the squad. He was always put in as a trial player. He was never given the safety net to settle into the team and take his time to get to grips with the international scene. He should have been allowed to settle into a permaenent role without the constant threat of getting axed from the squad looming over his head.
Sharjeel is a very capable player who is attacking and playing with intent. He plays for the team and gives it his all from the word go. We need someone like that. Not someone like Fakhar who is ambling along cluelessly, hits a 4, decides he has figured out the bowler then plays a rash shot and gets out next ball.
I think Sarfaraz is still capable of being a useful player for the upcoming AC and WC. He provides experience and stability in a middle order that is capable of being washed through in one over. He knows how to take control of a game and lead us over to the finished line. He is playing mighty fine, as seen in the Test series and I think this will translate approprately into the ODI scene.

Nawaz has no business playing over Imad Wasim.
Imad is a better batter but his economical style of wicket-to-wicket bowling is more suited for T20s. His ODI bowling average against the top teams (ENG, IND, AUS, NZL and SAF) is 62.

I disagree, Azam Khan never got a clear cut defined role in the squad. He was always put in as a trial player. He was never given the safety net to settle into the team and take his time to get to grips with the international scene. He should have been allowed to settle into a permaenent role without the constant threat of getting axed from the squad looming over his head.
Sharjeel is a very capable player who is attacking and playing with intent. He plays for the team and gives it his all from the word go. We need someone like that. Not someone like Fakhar who is ambling along cluelessly, hits a 4, decides he has figured out the bowler then plays a rash shot and gets out next ball.
I think Sarfaraz is still capable of being a useful player for the upcoming AC and WC. He provides experience and stability in a middle order that is capable of being washed through in one over. He knows how to take control of a game and lead us over to the finished line. He is playing mighty fine, as seen in the Test series and I think this will translate approprately into the ODI scene.
If sharjeel played for the team he wouldn't have March fixed especially when he was our Opener at the time.

Brother I'm telling you, Saim ayub, Saud, Tayyab, Haris, these are the folks to invest in, NOT azam Khan who's Peak arrogant and straight up gives akmal brother vibes.

Sarfraz however I'm open to having in the squad in place of rizwan.

Imad is a better batter but his economical style of wicket-to-wicket bowling is more suited for T20s. His ODI bowling average against the top teams (ENG, IND, AUS, NZL and SAF) is 62.
Imad is a better bowler then nawaz, much better.

Just bowl imad from overs 30 onwards problem solved. He'll do wonders.

Few things more annoying in cricket than Agha Salman fixing his gloves. I feel like breaking my TV. Triggers me for some reason.

260 could be enough if Pakistan bowl well and get a couple of early wickets.

Agha clueless against spin. They should somehow bring in Saud for Asia cup, a player should be declared «injured».

The commentary by Sohail and the Afghan guy is torture. This is the first time I'm watching a match on mute.

Imad is a better bowler then nawaz, much better.

Just bowl imad from overs 30 onwards problem solved. He'll do wonders.
Nawaz averages 49 vs ENG, IND, AUS, NZL and SAF which isn't particularly breathtaking either, but it's still better than Imad's 62 per wicket.

Their economy rates vs the same opposition are identical (Imad - 5.18; Nawaz - 5.22).

Bottom line is both are average spinners.

It's because of this I backed giving Usama Mir a run but unsure if Mir has the control or the variations despite bowling a good stock delivery (which he turns more consistently than Shadab's).

Afghanistan the only team to have the world's best spin attack and the world's worst death overs bowling attack coupled with the world's worst fielding 😂.

Afghanistan the only team to have the world's best spin attack and the world's worst death overs bowling attack coupled with the world's worst fielding 😂.
A very potent mixture for entertainment

Six then two dots. Frustrating, just keep the score ticking over.

Nawaz playing himself back in the team. He just needs to bowl as well or better than Usama, which he easily can.

This is what Agha gives u. Ability to play according to telhe situation.
With chacha it's block block block then slog

What an amazing all rounder faheem ashraf is, I am impressed. Next Abdul Razzaq in the making.

Agha Salman is a phenomenal find for Pakistan in ODI cricket. Has to be the World Cup number 6 from the start.

Brilliant rearguard action from the boys, this is a great score on this wicket

Pakistan today:

After 25 overs - 80/2
After 50 overs - 268/8

Really poor effort in the first 25 overs.

What's the plan?

Honestly, 280-290 could have been on the cards if some of our players would have sped up
300 might have been on the cards if management decided to send saud the Man who averages 133 against spin in at no 4.

Pak management literally sent him when their were 15 overs left and urgency was needed, so he tried to tske cheeky singles rather then play his natural game like we saw in test.

I've seen saud bat in test and I'm saying this straight up, besides his lack of six hitting, this lad has a better temperament, and a better technique then babar and Imam and knows how to find gaps.

He wouldn't have gotten stuck at the crease like babar and rizwan had.

Cut Abdullah, Saud and Faheem and that's your World Cup squad
No, Saud would have scored a 100, he looked a million dollars. Management sent him at a position he's not accustomed to and in a situation where massive acceleration is required hence he tried to take singles.

This is babar and rizwans fault for haunting the innings. Ik the pitch was difficult to bat on, but their batting is inexcusable regardless of pitch since even falhar was hitting before he got out.

Saud should be in world cup squad in place of Iftikhar, and Zaman or Wasim J in place of Faheem.

No, Saud would have scored a 100, he looked a million dollars. Management sent him at a position he's not accustomed to and in a situation where massive acceleration is required hence he tried to take singles.

This is babar and rizwans fault for haunting the innings. Ik the pitch was difficult to bat on, but their batting is inexcusable regardless of pitch since even falhar was hitting before he got out.
Fakhar was struggling too, but trying. Imam was poor too. Rizwan played well in the end.

300 might have been on the cards if management decided to send saud the Man who averages 133 against spin in at no 4.

Pak management literally sent him when their were 15 overs left and urgency was needed, so he tried to tske cheeky singles rather then play his natural game like we saw in test.

I've seen saud bat in test and I'm saying this straight up, besides his lack of six hitting, this lad has a better temperament, and a better technique then babar and Imam and knows how to find gaps.

He wouldn't have gotten stuck at the crease like babar and rizwan had.
Your faith in Saud is misplaced as far as white ball cricket is concerned. He doesn't have a good record in the PSL and neither in Pakistan Cup in the last 3 seasons. Not even against spin. He's a phenomenal player of spin in Test cricket .

Of the 3 = Shafique, Tayyab and Saud, only Tayyab has a brilliant record both in PSL against spin and in Pakistan Cup at number 4. Also scored a clutch ton in Emerging Asia Cup.

Back