Michael Hussey
Yuvraj Singh
Shane Watson
Shahid Afridi
Mohammed Hafeez
Dale Steyn
Lasith Mallinga
Saeed Ajmal

How does this team look? Any changes you'd make?

Selecting an All Time Greatest T20 XI and without Umar Gul? is it a joke? you are selecting Malinga and Steyn on their current form but excluding Gul who always performed in this format and even when he is struggling he is coming up with some gems like he did in last match against Australia.

All Time Greatest XI are selected on overall performance not current form and Gul will be the first player i will write on the paper when selecting an All Time Greatest T20 XI

Gul
Dilshan
Mendis
AB DV (though his performances haven't been great)

All have a shout to be included.

It's a tough pick

1. Chris Gayle
2. Brendon McCullum (wk)
3. Kevin Pieterson
4. Yuvraj Singh
5. Michael Hussey (c)
6. Shane Watson
7. Shahid Afridi
8. Daniel Vettori
9. Umar Gul
10. Dale Steyn
11. Saeed Ajmal

1.David Warner
2.Chris Gayle
3.Shane Watson
4.AB Devillers
5.Michael Hussy
6.MS Dhoni WK C
7.Shahid Afridi
8.Sunil Narina
9.Dale Steyn
10.Malinga
11.Saeed Ajmal
12.Umar Gul

Players who will end up as ATGs in T20I.

So from current player who you think are already ATG or will endup as ATG when they retire?

My Picks:
Brendon McCullum
Umar Gul
Saeed Ajmal
Yuvraj Singh
Shahid Afridi
Malinga
Steyn
Watson
Warner
Gayle
Kevin Pietersen
Mahela

Last edited:
I might throw in Hafeez there too but to bad he runs away in tournaments :amla
Not sure about Mahela tho but 100% agree with others. Also Ajantha Mendis maybe too but his performances maybe weren't over a long period of time

Last edited:
I picked Mo Hafeez over Mendis coz Hafeez is a handy batsman as well unlike Mendis who can only bowl.

Mendis has the lowest average, best SR and two of the best bowling figures of ALL T20, not just internationals IIRC.

I'd alternate between him, Hafeez and Watson depending on the conditions. On subcontinent spinning trackers I'd have Mendis and Hafeez as the allrounder and Watson and Hafeez in non-spinning tracks.

Has average of 35.65 after 165 t20 games. Strike rate above 130. That is not garbage + one of all time best limited overs Captain. Not for fun his IPL team is most successful.

Thats all in IPL. In international cricket, which is the real deal, he hasn't done jack.

I might throw in Hafeez there too but to bad he runs away in tournaments :amla
Not sure about Mahela tho but 100% agree with others. Also Ajantha Mendis maybe too but his performances maybe weren't over a long period of time

Mahela is the highest run scorer in World T20 tournaments.

Mccullum is ATG bat already.

Gul is ATG bowler already.

Don't know about rest.

Mendis has the lowest average, best SR and two of the best bowling figures of ALL T20, not just internationals IIRC.

I'd alternate between him, Hafeez and Watson depending on the conditions. On subcontinent spinning trackers I'd have Mendis and Hafeez as the allrounder and Watson and Hafeez in non-spinning tracks.

Mendis is a bit of a minnow basher as well. I would like to analyze his stats thoroughly before picking him.

Mccullum is ATG bat already.

Gul is ATG bowler already.

Don't know about rest.

Afridi and Ajmal too.

Afridi deserve it for his performance in 2007 and 2009. A fifty in semi final and than fifty in final to win the title for your team is something really special.

Ajmal is the most consistent player in this format.

Umar Gul, Shahid Afridi and Brendon Mcculum are the greatest ever T20i players imo. All of em can still walk into any T20 XI imo

1.Gayle
2.Watson
3.Kevin Pieterson
4.Brendon Mcculum(wk+cap)
5.Yuvraj Singh
6.M Hafeez
7.S Afridi
8.Umar Gul
9.Dale Steyn
10.Lasith Malinga
11.Saeed Ajmal

Absolutely gun XI and imo the greatest ever
3 ATG pacers and 1 ATG Allrounder pacers, 2 ATG Spinning allrounders and 1 other ATG spinner and All top class batsmen

Last edited:
Re: All Time Greatest T20 XI

why is Kohli underated in T20s ???played a great knock against WI

He has played very good knocks but he has mostly accumulated during those knocks he hasn't had one devastating T20I knock yet like he has in ODIS

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

4 50+ scores? Yeah erm no

Averages 35 , S/R of 135 +.

Has a T20 ton , Only Indian to achieve that feat.

Bats very low most of the times and hence doesnt get enough time to get those fifties .

Averages 35 , S/R of 135 +.

Has a T20 ton , Only Indian to achieve that feat.

Bats very low most of the times and hence doesnt get enough time to get those fifties .
He's a good batsman, a very good T20i batsman but he isn't even a great let alone ATG yet in T20s

He's a good batsman, a very good T20i batsman but he isn't even a great let alone ATG yet in T20s

Good ? But not Great ? What more would you expect from a batsman who plays most of the time in the lower order ? You cant judge him on the basis of 50+ scores.

Most of batsmen with 50+ scores are the likes of Warner, Gayle, Mc Cullum , Watson...... and no point in guessing where they bat.

Good ? But not Great ? What more would you expect from a batsman who plays most of the time in the lower order ? You cant judge him on the basis of 50+ scores.

Most of batsmen with 50+ scores are the likes of Warner, Gayle, Mc Cullum , Watson...... and no point in guessing where they bat.
because he doesn't really have much not outs either to support that he's a good finisher...Recently he's been up the order and has been decent, lets see if he produces any knock that gains India the T20 WC and then I will personally bump this thread and say he's an ATG. As of now, people like him, kohli, Finch are all good batsmen but haven't produced Tournament winning knocks yet.

Greatest fast bowler - Steyn, closely followed by Gul.
Greatest Spinner - Ajanta Mendis, closely followed by Ajmal and Narine.
Greatest batsman - Pieterson, Yuvraj, .. followed by Hussey and Mucclum
Biggest matchwinner - Yuvraj Singh

Last edited:
gayle hasn't been doing too good as of late but you have to have him in there and then you can take out mccullum and put dhoni in there too... possibility

Why are Pakistanis obsessed with Dhoni so much? He's a poor T20i player.

Mendis has such impressive stats, turned out it was all due to minnow-bashing. :facepalm: Best spinners now - Ajmal and Narine

gayle hasn't been doing too good as of late but you have to have him in there and then you can take out mccullum and put dhoni in there too... possibility
Mcculum is the greatest T20i batsman there is and you wanna take him out for Dhoni-possibly the worst?

Gayle
McCullum
Watto
Sanga (wk)
Hussey
Yuvi
Afridi
Gul
Steyn
Nannes
Ajmal

Gayle
Macca(wk and c)
Watson
Mahela
Yuvraj
Mike Hussey
Raina
Gul
Ajmal
Malinga
Steyn

Reserves:
Morgan
Hafeez
Shakib
Southee
KP

Why are Pakistanis obsessed with Dhoni so much? He's a poor T20i player.

Watching too much IPL and confusing his ODI brilliance with T20IS where he has been mediocre until now

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

1.Gayle
2.Watson
3.Kevin Pieterson
4.Brendon Mcculum(wk+cap)
5.Yuvraj Singh
6.M Hafeez
7.S Afridi
8.Umar Gul
9.Dale Steyn
10.Lasith Malinga
11.Saeed Ajmal

Absolutely gun XI and imo the greatest ever
3 ATG pacers and 1 ATG Allrounder pacers, 2 ATG Spinning allrounders and 1 other ATG spinner and All top class batsmen

This really.

What a beastly lineup that would be!

Mendis has such impressive stats, turned out it was all due to minnow-bashing. :facepalm: Best spinners now - Ajmal and Narine

Thats the problem when you watch cricket on excel sheets and statguru instead of TV :p and dont forget to check the difference of experience and wickets between ajmal and narine. It's like more than 50 wickets so they cant be written in same line as of now.

1. David Warner
2. Brendon McCullum
3. Muhammad Hafeez
4. Shane Watson
5. Ab De Villiers
6. Shakib Al Hassan
7. Shahid Afridi
8. Umar Gul
9. Dale Steyn
10. Saeed Ajmal
11. Lasith Malinga

Gayle, Narine, Sammy, Gul, Ajmal, Afridi, Shakib, Raina, McC, Malinga, De Villiers and I can't think of any Englishman.

1. David Warner
2. Brendon McCullum
3. Muhammad Hafeez
4. Shane Watson
5. Ab De Villiers
6. Shakib Al Hassan
7. Shahid Afridi
8. Umar Gul
9. Dale Steyn
10. Saeed Ajmal
11. Lasith Malinga
AB's like :msd in this format...Good in Domestic but nowhere near his talent level in internationals. BTW, I rate him as an ATG Test batsman already...

Are
Steyn
Ajmal
Afridi
Gul
BMac
Gayle
Hussey
KP
Malinga
Yuvraj
Watson
Will Be
Umar Akmal
Narine
Raina
Hafeez
Perera
Shakib
Warner
Finch?

I don't think the word "All time Great" will ever be associated with a T20 format.

anyways, any monster hitter who might never be good enough to play even a single test match for his country can become an ATG in this funny format.

^if ATG and T20 can't write in same sentence then ODI too can't associate with ATG..

Gayle
McCullum
Kohli
Sanga
ABDV
Watson / Hafeez
Afridi
Gul
Steyn
Ajmal
Malinga

12th man: Mendis.

Aloo's all time World T20 XI:

Chris Gayle
TM Dilshan
Brendon McCullum (c)(w)
Kevin Pietersen
Yuvraj Singh
Mike Hussey
Shahid Afridi
Umar Gul
Lasith Malinga
Sunil Narine
Saeed Ajmal

Shane Watson
Shakib-Al-Hasan
Dale Steyn
Ajantha Mendis

Greatest fast bowler - Steyn, closely followed by Gul.
Greatest Spinner - Ajanta Mendis, closely followed by Ajmal and Narine.
Greatest batsman - Pieterson, Yuvraj, .. followed by Hussey and Mucclum
Biggest matchwinner - Yuvraj Singh

Greatest fast bowler: Umar Gul and Malinga
Greatest spinner: Akmal
Greatest batsmen: McCullum
Biggest Matchwinner: Afridi
Get your facts right

The first ever ATG in this format. Hands down

111895.2.jpg

Brendon McCullum (WK) (C)
Chris Gayle
Shane Watson
Yuvraj Singh
Mike Hussey
Suresh Raina
Shahid Afridi
Umar Gul
Lasith Malinga
Saeed Ajmal
Dale Steyn/Sunil Narine (depending on the conditions)

Reserves;

Shakib ul Hasan
David Warner
Jp Duminy
Dale Steyn/Sunil Narine (depending on which I would put in XI conditions wise)

Back