Any good cricket club in Karachi..Looking to play cricket again

chill79

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
HI Guys,

I recently moved back to Karachi after couple of years and would like to resume cricket again. Any good self funded club who plays turf cricket on weekends (since working on weedays)on good grounds like UBL, AKUH etc please let me know.

PP'ers, please feel free to suggest any club.

BTW I am left hand Batsman and Left arm spinner.

Regards,

Chill

i dont want to miss this thread.

I'm looking to start my Cricket with any academy or Club !!
to play domectic or 1st class cricket.

can anyone suggest me any academy or club ? here are some :

* NCA (National cricket Academy)
* Rashid Latif Academy.

:13:

I'm Right Hand Batsman & Off spinner with some Doosra's & Quick deliveries too ;-)

rashid latif acdemy is in gulberg in karachi.
its free however they will take trials to know how talented are u ;-)

and the academy will guide u about the club :)

OK here is the deal,

If anyone is interested in playing good club cricket please let me know. If the response is good and find reasonable players who could self fund the club, we will start a new club starting from July 2010. We intend to play on twice or thrice a month only on weekends.

chill79 said:
OK here is the deal,

If anyone is interested in playing good club cricket please let me know. If the response is good and find reasonable players who could self fund the club, we will start a new club starting from July 2010. We intend to play on twice or thrice a month only on weekends.

I am interested.

saj001 said:
^^ location etc?
Friend, As soon as we have atleast 12 players we will start the net sessions at Customs. Before the starting the nets we will be having a pre-launch meeting or sort of dinner which I will throw to all the team members. So far I got 7 players from different parts of Karachi, Malir halt, Gulshan Iqbal, FB Area, Jail Chowrangi.

Please note this would be a self funded team and as per our last experience we would be funding Rs. 1000 a month from every player. Good opportunity for those specially who are doing jobs and are looking to play cricket.

chill79 said:
OK here is the deal,

will you take guest players I visit Karachi often for months due to my job and would be more than happy to pay my part of fees.

Unfortunately, we dont allow exchange or display of personal email addresses on PP forums - pls send in your email addresses to Ahmed Zulfiqar (Mod) and he will collate and send to Chill79

Thanks

MIG said:
Unfortunately, we dont allow exchange or display of personal email addresses on PP forums - pls send in your email addresses to Ahmed Zulfiqar (Mod) and he will collate and send to Chill79

Thanks
Ok Guys, since we can't exchange email addresses (honestly finding it hard to understand why), can you send me message using PP message facility to the recipient Chill79. This is strictly for those who has shown interest in playig cricket which would probably start in July this year.

Thanks

anybody interested to link up with chill79 can PM me and I will forward your details to him.

chill79 said:
Ok Guys, since we can't exchange email addresses (honestly finding it hard to understand why), can you send me message using PP message facility to the recipient Chill79. This is strictly for those who has shown interest in playig cricket which would probably start in July this year.

Thanks

Spam/Privacy.

Guys - if you have any other comments about forum policy, please raise these in the appropriate place (eg the MRR forum). Let's keep this thread on topic, many thanks. :)

ShehryarK said:
Guys - if you have any other comments about forum policy, please raise these in the appropriate place (eg the MRR forum). Let's keep this thread on topic, many thanks. :)
sure bro :)

i went to rashid latif academy today , there were no information center , no one was helping me just ignoring & giving wrong information.
then i managed to have chat with trainer , he said admission closed now.
even no trials there :pissed:

i dont know why we cant do anything in pakistan without source (Parche) :(

@ chill79 please add me in your playing list

Last edited:
zains_rulez said:
i went to rashid latif academy today , there were no information center , no one was helping me just ignoring & giving wrong information.
then i managed to have chat with trainer , he said admission closed now.
even no trials there :pissed:

i dont know why we cant do anything in pakistan without source (Parche) :(

@ chill79 please add me in your playing list
Great Zain, I am sure you will be a great addition to our club. I will be out of country till end of June, and planning to have our first meeting during the first week of July hopefully at Customs. So far I got confirmation of 3 from PP, Zain FAM and Dhump, and offline I got 8 members making 10-11 in total, which should kick off the nets.

Do stay tuned

Thanks @ chill79 for adding me in your playing XI list :) i hope we'll be in touch & start our cricket v.soon :)

Ryankhan said:
Im interested but location n all n timings, fees?????
We will play on either saturdays or sundays, probably sunday is more suitable to the ones who do jobs. Fees is normally Rs.1000 a month but incase someone wants to play and is a student or cant afford for some reason we might reduce the fee for him only on a condition to prove his problem.
Location my friend, we will play cricket through some organizers who organize matches on different grounds in Karachi, but a few which we favours are RCA, UBL, AKU, NCA, Steel Town.

Interested? let me know

chill79 said:
We will play on either saturdays or sundays, probably sunday is more suitable to the ones who do jobs. Fees is normally Rs.1000 a month but incase someone wants to play and is a student or cant afford for some reason we might reduce the fee for him only on a condition to prove his problem.
Location my friend, we will play cricket through some organizers who organize matches on different grounds in Karachi, but a few which we favours are RCA, UBL, AKU, NCA, Steel Town.

Interested? let me know

thanks man for some detailed info :) i played in steel town last september.
well do you know some one who manage cricket matches ?

chill79 said:
HI Guys,

I recently moved back to Karachi after couple of years and would like to resume cricket again. Any good self funded club who plays turf cricket on weekends (since working on weedays)on good grounds like UBL, AKUH etc please let me know.

Regards,

Chill

I have a team that plays on weekends... contact me through a PM to any mod if you want to play for us

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see such an initiative. Although I must confess i'm not very good at it. Haven't played with the hardball in the longest. At best I do tape tennis every once in two weeks.

Are players of any level welcome? If most of you guys are regular club cricketers/ aspire to play FC, then I would be an absolute misfit!

Ahmad said:
Great to see such an initiative. Although I must confess i'm not very good at it. Haven't played with the hardball in the longest. At best I do tape tennis every once in two weeks.

Are players of any level welcome? If most of you guys are regular club cricketers/ aspire to play FC, then I would be an absolute misfit!
We are not Pro's by any means, if you can play a decent game then you can certainly fit. Its always better to try yourself instead of saying no before knowing your worth :). Keep in touch will see u during net and see if u can fit or misfit :p

zains_rulez said:
Any Update @ Chill79 ?? :13:
hi Zain,

Stay tuned my friend. I am going abroad and would be back by the end of this month. Will start the proceeding from then.

chill79 said:
hi Zain,

Stay tuned my friend. I am going abroad and would be back by the end of this month. Will start the proceeding from then.

thanks dear.
i'm eagerly waiting to play cricket, anyhow is this possible to be in contact from now ?? bcoz i dont think after 12 days we will be able to contact through this thread :41:

hey i wanna join this club aswell , but where are we going to practice ? anyways chill79 send me your contact no#

frz said:
I have a team that plays on weekends... contact me through a PM to any mod if you want to play for us

hey can i join that team of yours ? . can u please give me further information about it ?

Sorry guys for the delay (due to birth of my son). I shall be calling the meeting on 24 July, make sure interested folks have send me their cell no. or email ids via PM.
Ali Majaz I got your number via PP admin.

Thanks

I will be in Karachi playing cricket on 24th what time will the meeting be ??? I dont have a phone number for Karachi yet but I will send my email to AZ so he can send it to you, are you planing for a net session on next Sunday ???

P.S. congratulations on being a father.

Last edited:
hey chill79 ! text me your number ! and where will be the meeting ? just text me your number so that we can easily interact

Last edited:
chill79 said:
Sorry guys for the delay (due to birth of my son). I shall be calling the meeting on 24 July, make sure interested folks have send me their cell no. or email ids via PM.
Ali Majaz I got your number via PP admin.

Thanks

yaa text me your number as soon as possible so that we can interact with each other more easily ! m looking forward to this club

chill79 ? i am waiting for your call ! I hope PP admin have conveyed you the exact number , its Ali majaz here !

Where are we going to have our Net sessions ? should i get my Kit Ready ? Ive already Started knocking my bat :p

well this club is going to be v.popular now :))) which is still in pending for 1st nets session:14:

hey Zain any update my frnd ? i was waiting for Chill's text ? we were supposed to have a meeting on 24th july ? Lets make it happen guys , m willing to invest

Guyz, I need contact details to contact the interested guys, Junaid, Zain or any other ineterested person please send me your cell number or email via PP admin/moderator.
Ali Majaz I have SMS you on your provided number please confirm.

Zain, Junaid, FAM I have requested to share my cell number with you guys please let me know if you have recieved any pm from PP admin

My younger bro will go to Karachi in the 2nd week of AUG. Please tell me details of how he can join the club in which u guys will probably play cricket. Also let me know about how to contact u guys there?

i try to call @ chill79 at his no. but didn't got any response from call or my sms :13:

@chill79 please let me know if you all are still playing cricket ?:13:

i try to call @ chill79 at his no. but didn't got any response from call or my sms :13:

@chill79 please let me know if you all are still playing cricket ?:13:
Sorry Zain,
Couldnt respond due to Ramazan. All is set for kick off right after Ramazan. I have received ur sms. Will update you.

Thanks

My younger bro will go to Karachi in the 2nd week of AUG. Please tell me details of how he can join the club in which u guys will probably play cricket. Also let me know about how to contact u guys there?
Just ask any admin to pass me your msg (cell number)

i had send my contact to Ahmed Zulfiqar (Mod)

me and my bro intrested to play from your club, i am played one tournament hard ball from allied bank m employee and my bro is requler wikt keper of internation deaf team but currently we did't play from any club... kindly contact.

After such a long delay, finally we are all set for kick off on this Sunday. All those who have joined this club be ready for my text msg by tonight for the confirmation of nets. Thanks PP for this forum and would love to post some pics of our new club here.

After such a long delay, finally we are all set for kick off on this Sunday. All those who have joined this club be ready for my text msg by tonight for the confirmation of nets. Thanks PP for this forum and would love to post some pics of our new club here.

I'm ready Bro. :)

AsSalamAllikum,

I am new to this forum and i hope that people will take me nicely as i am going to ask the same question :)

I also want to play cricket again...do you still have space in your team?

OR

Is there any one who needs a right hand opening batsman? i can also bowl off/leg spin but i am not an extra ordinary bowler.

Please let me know.

Guys, is the club functional? I would be interested in playing, do you guys need players?

Hi, its very much functional except I have move to Isb. But I know guys who are running it there after me. Please PM to find out contact details or join our fb page Spartans CC

Hi, its very much functional except I have move to Isb. But I know guys who are running it there after me. Please PM to find out contact details or join our fb page Spartans CC

i tried messaging you in private but i can only message to admins.

I have sent you a request to join the group on FB, i am interested in playing cricket, can you please let me in?

Last edited:
just send me a PM and I will fwd your details to chill79.

@zains_rulez: thanks for letting me in, in the group, looking forward to join you club too, can i visit the ground where you do net?

HI Guys,

Regards,

Chill
Dear Freinds,

i am good batsman & bowls occassionally. if your there is place available than i am interested. Please let me know how to connect.

A. Rauf

Interested to Play

OK here is the deal,

I am interested to play if the team still exists.

Back