Asia Cup 2022: Pakistan v Hong Kong | 6th Match | Group A | Sharjah | 2 Sep | Pakistan innings

How is this tournament going to become any easier? They have Afghanistan next round

Listening to Waqar's commentary gives you an insights into what kind of mindset he had as a coach. He's saying that with Babar's wicket there would be a little panic Pakistan dressing room :facepalm:

Just goes on to show how little confidence he had in this team.

You are playing Hong Kong fgs! I am sure the players themselves have more belief in the team than this guy. What a loser.

HK shouldn’t have batted second
No way they can cope with the fiery PAK attack. All pak need is to score 120

Bobby gone. What is so tough about this Ehsan Khan guy? Even our batters were struggling against him :moyo

I was actually impressed by him vs us.. bowled good Yorkers in death.. and i think he only bowls in pp & death..

Fakhar is so bad :)))

The guy has bowled 3 slower balls in a row - yet he gets deceived.

Great straight batting by Rizwan

Only Sharjeel is a hack in Pakistan

As usual Pakistan dragging themselves down to level of a poor team they are playing . Not surprised lol

"Pakistan is off to flyer, credit to Hong Kong bowlers for bowling straight" - Wasim Akram

My word! :)))

Rizwan has to be one of the most ugliest batsman to watch

Fakhar and Sharjeel

Stone Cold and Goldberg

Make it happen PCB!

Pak are asleep. They’re just closing their eyes and swinging. Riz has no technique other than a leg side slog.

36/1 and Riz picking up his pace now which is good

How is that fielder not sure that was a 4!

As usual Pakistan dragging themselves down to level of a poor team they are playing . Not surprised lol

Not sure if you watched India vs HK, our Kohli and Rahul sahib almost made us lose the game before being rescued by SKY

Lol the HK player acting like that he didn’t know that was a four.

On both occasions the curator has deliberately tried to handicap the pakistan team by preparing substandard slow sluggish pitch where the ball is sticking and not coming on to the bat .

Not sure if you watched India vs HK, our Kohli and Rahul sahib almost made us lose the game before being rescued by SKY

No, didn’t watch, so both teams in same boat then.

Listening to Wasim, I can tell he has the same sentiments about Rizwan that I do.

He knows a player like Rizwan had no chance to represent Pakistan in his playing days, and Wasim would chew him alive in those days as a bowler.

No wonder he was never rated by KK

Similar start to the way India batted but the question is, can we push the score to 190 off with the likes of Happy Heart and Asif Ali towards the end?

Just send Asif Ali at 15th and he will take care of the minnows, it does seem that the pitch gets easiers to bat later on.

On both occasions the curator has deliberately tried to handicap the pakistan team by preparing substandard slow sluggish pitch where the ball is sticking and not coming on to the bat .

Pitch is same for both team ,so find another excuse .

40 runs in the power play against Hong Kong

Totally unacceptable

Man he is bowling wide at 120 lol, reminds me of Indian bowlers of 1990s.(PTSD)

Listening to Wasim, I can tell he has the same sentiments about Rizwan that I do.

He knows a player like Rizwan had no chance to represent Pakistan in his playing days, and Wasim would chew him alive in those days as a bowler.

No wonder he was never rated by KK

Even Akram's playing days, Pak batting was pathetic. They were always prone to collapses and that too very frequently.
Rizwan is not that bad. He looks out of form. Perhaps he needs to bat in the middle order and let someone like Sharjeel open with Babar or Zaman.

Man he is bowling wide at 120 lol, reminds me of Indian bowlers of 1990s.(PTSD)

Even in 2000's, it was the same story. Its only after 2016 WC and when MSD stepped away has India looked like a real pace unit.

I think Pak are going quite well considering the pitch and non existing batting to come after these two

Even Akram's playing days, Pak batting was pathetic. They were always prone to collapses and that too very frequently.
Rizwan is not that bad. He looks out of form. Perhaps he needs to bat in the middle order and let someone like Sharjeel open with Babar or Zaman.

There is no chance whatsoever Rizwan bats ahead of Saeeed, Aamir, Inzi, Yousuf, Younis, Saleem, Ijaz, Afridi, Razzaq, Azhar Mahmood.

Even Misbah had to wait for Inzimam to retire to try his luck with the Pakistan team.

Aizaz and Arshad were smacked that day let’s see how PCT does

Even in 2000's, it was the same story. Its only after 2016 WC and when MSD stepped away has India looked like a real pace unit.

India had one of the fastest attacks in 2003 wc
All three of Srinath, Zaheer, Nehra were clocking well above 140 consistently

Naw, they were smarter in 2000s also it went to 130-140 for us thanks to Ishant, Zaheer , Nehra even Irfan started well but regressed.

In 1990s it was a disaster i saw it live i just couldn’t understand why was Venkatesh Prassad running all the way to bowl like that.

With that long batting line-up, you can not go at run a ball against a minnow.

India had one of the fastest attacks in 2003 wc
All three of Srinath, Zaheer, Nehra were clocking well above 140 consistently

Zaheer in 2003 was pace with no control and skills. He developed his skills later and although his pace went down but thanks to his skills, he had a great peak between 2007-11.

There is no chance whatsoever Rizwan bats ahead of Saeeed, Aamir, Inzi, Yousuf, Younis, Saleem, Ijaz, Afridi, Razzaq, Azhar Mahmood.

Even Misbah had to wait for Inzimam to retire to try his luck with the Pakistan team.

Rizwan is a keeper bat.

Zaheer in 2003 was pace with no control and skills. He developed his skills later and although his pace went down but thanks to his skills, he had a great peak between 2007-11.

I was replying to the comment suggesting India didnt have pace in 00s

Lol he would bat above Rashid and Moin though.

What a ridiculous appeal by this wicket keeper. The ball literally bounced in front of your eyes man and you're somehow appealing.

India were 70 for 1 after 10 overs so they hardly were off to a flyer either...

Rizwan moves around so much, plays so many cute shots and ends up with 110 sr most of the time

Rizwan is a keeper bat.

Wasim and co loved Moin Khan. He was one of their boys

And Moin is highly rated by English pundits as well. Nasser Hussain was asked about old players who would be gun cricketers in this modern age, and he clearly mentioned Saeed Anwar and Moin Khan from the Pakistan team

This umpire has it in for Pakistan

Why do we keep getting him?

Back