Asia Cup 2023: Pakistan v Nepal | Match 1 | 30 August | Multan | Pakistan innings

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
So here we go!

Pakistan have already announced their XI

NVdiK3Z.png

Nepal will chose from:

Nepal Squad: Kushal Bhurtel, Aasif Sheikh(w), Bhim Sharki, Rohit Paudel(c), Kushal Malla, Dipendra Singh Airee, Gulsan Jha, Sompal Kami, Karan KC, Sandeep Lamichhane, Lalit Rajbanshi, Sundeep Jora, Pratis GC, Arjun Saud, Mousom Dhakal, Kishore Mahato, Aarif Sheikh

Heat will be a factor so whoever wins the toss may be inclined to bat first?

Because he can be sent below usama mir and can bat after babar. He is fake copy of misbah the great saviour of pakistan cricket
This is why I despise Iftikhar so much. Out of all the players in the pak cricket team currently I despise iftikhar. I despised shan as well but I knew he'd be dropped soon enough.

But iftikhar is such a plague in the team. What's the point of even having him? How does he contribute? He's not a lower order hitter, nor is he a steady middle order accumulator. He has no 4th gear, he can't open or come in the top order.

All he can do is block and wait for bowlers to bowl him halwa's. His only single making ability is the spin ball that comes to his legside that he can nudge away.

And yet everyone bashed Imam for saying not to experiment with iftikhar and dropped him for one game just to play shan 😂.

Iftikhar has 2 good performances in odi against a 2nd string NZ team and now he's back to his og way of having medicore scores and looking ugly at the crease.

Not surprised considering people were comparing faheem ashraf to glenn mcgrath and James Anderson a few days ago because he bowled a few good deliveries when then pitch was good but got tonked after the 30th over by tailenders.

We need to be wary of Sandeep. He's a genuinely good bowler.
Our team fumbles more when it goes against players they don't know about.

I think Babar is as defensive as Misbah if not worse. He is worrying about loosing match rather than taking risk of Afridi, Naseem or Rauf's fitness.

I think Babar is as defensive as Misbah if not worse. He is worrying about loosing match rather than taking risk of Afridi, Naseem or Rauf's fitness.
Babar is not defensive, he's a good captain and adopts an attacking mindset. Afridi, naseem and Rauf are needed, its an Asia cup and they need practise prior to India.

His mindset for picking iftikhar over saud is likely because iftikhar is known as a hitter and saud isn't, which babar is in for a reality check.

But he is correct to choose our big 3 bowlers.

Don't worry about heat, Nepal ain't batting 50 overs mate. Their walking bunnies at the crease.

Iftikhar comes in because surface is most likely going to be flat in Multan, so tackling the spin in itself might not be much of an issue so investing in a hitter seemed like a better approach than Saud (Who is a solid solid batsman but not a six hitter in death overs). On a spinning track (Maybe on Srl venues) the approach might require someone like Saud to tackle spin.

its not about ifti here..i would have him in the team for now even though he is uselesss.My real concern is the amount of bowlers in the team and lack of batting debth. Three out and out pacers you have if we dont play faheem then shadab there is no need for nawaz in the team as both ifti and agha can fill 10 overs for sure in asia. Nawaz has to be replaced by Saud or Tayyab to get the balance right

LOL. Are you even watching the LOIs under Babar?

its not about ifti here..i would have him in the team for now even though he is uselesss.My real concern is the amount of bowlers in the team and lack of batting debth. Three out and out pacers you have if we dont play faheem then shadab there is no need for nawaz in the team as both ifti and agha can fill 10 overs for sure in asia. Nawaz has to be replaced by Saud or Tayyab to get the balance right
Why on earth would you have ifti in the team of he's useless? We're playing 2 tournaments back to back lol.

As for what you're saying, if we have imad waseem, in for nawaz, saud in for ifti then problem solved. But pcb management be like

In Faheem we trust.

Why on earth would you have ifti in the team of he's useless? We're playing 2 tournaments back to back lol.

As for what you're saying, if we have imad waseem, in for nawaz, saud in for ifti then problem solved. But pcb management be like

In Faheem we trust.
Imad Wasim has a bowling avg of 45 while Nawaz's bowling avg is 27, Imad won't take wickets, Imad won't win you matches.

Imad Wasim has a bowling avg of 45 while Nawaz's bowling avg is 27, Imad won't take wickets, Imad won't win you matches.
He will if you bowl him at the death. I've said time and time again, bowl him from over 25 to 30 onwards and see what happens.

Imad is a better batsmen, and he is a better t20 bowler and a better bowler through and through.

Averages and strike rates don't tell the real picture. Watching and analysing the game for yourself does.

This is why when people bring up things like Ahmed shezad averaged 40 in test or shan masood averaged 58 in list A, it falls on deaf ears.

He will if you bowl him at the death. I've said time and time again, bowl him from over 25 to 30 onwards and see what happens.

Imad is a better batsmen, and he is a better t20 bowler and a better bowler through and through.

Averages and strike rates don't tell the real picture. Watching and analysing the game for yourself does.

This is why when people bring up things like Ahmed shezad averaged 40 in test or shan masood averaged 58 in list A, it falls on deaf ears.

Since how long you've been watching cricket? Which spinner bowls at death? Secondly, a better batsman at number 8 is not something what we're looking at.

Good team selection except for Iftikhar, but it is better he shows his lack of capability in this match which we expect Pakistan to win despite any performance from Iftukhar. Saud should make a return in the match against India, although scoring runs in this match would had given him confidence. Nepal have atleast two good bowlers and three good batsmen including the captain. So hopefully they should be able to stretch Pakistan a bit.

Pakistan have won the toss and elected to bat first.

You don’t build teams around a player. We don’t need a death bowler right now, as much as we need a wicket taking spinner in the middle overs.

If Imad is good enough to make it as a batsman, then thats what he should be focusing on.

I'm simply amazed at the lack of cricketing knowledge of our management. They are playing Shaheen against Nepal. How stupid do you have to be to forget what happened with Shaheen just less than a year ago. Shaheen got injured playing useless 7 match T20 series against England and whilst we got Shaheen for the bilaterals we lost Shaheen for the T20 WC. Arguably if Shaheen would have been fit we could have won that tournament. Yet our management is so painstakingly stupid with zero consideration of fitness to throw Shaheen in all back to back games with Afghanistan and now Nepal. Simply amazed.

In Faheem we trust.
You are misguiding yourself that imad is better hitter than Nawaz but he is not...they are equal in that.

its a sold out crowd will build slowly but before that our batters might make us go to sleep...it should be 30 for 0 after 2 and yet its 11...

Wanted to see Saud bat but now absolutely nothing to look forward to in this game.

run rate under 4 after 4 overs...didnt we have a run rate of 5 just in tests in srilanka or am i making that up.

You are right brother but its the intention which other teams have is my point

Why are they playing full strength team against Nepal of all teams. I fear for the fast bowlers before the world cup

You are right brother but its the intention which other teams have is my point
Bro its not a t20, its an ODI. They dont need to go hammer and tong from ball 1. If these guys give an opening partnership of above 150 then 350+ score is on the cards.

Bro its not a t20, its an ODI. They dont need to go hammer and tong from ball 1. If these guys give an opening partnership of above 150 then 350+ score is on the cards.
Bro Imam just got dropped which was piece of cake..Hack Fakhar is gone run and now imam is gone...i mean what do you want me to say. We lose this and we are out it is simple.

If India were playing Nepal in an Asia cup game in India the stadium would have been packed to the rafters.

Again good to see Imam getting run out. Usually his partner is one who leaves the field

They should have batted fluently from ball one. Too much tuk tuk and putting yourself under pressure, now too much pressure on Babar already.

This is after winning the toss my goodness ..they missed out on lots of balls because of tuk tuk ..

What was the need to take such a risky single ? Not getting boundaries resulted in batsmen taking such risks.

Imam put himself under pressure playing those needless dots
well said exactly..and thats after his drop. Even now they are all bowling legside volleys and we are just hitting them to fielders..we are lucky to be in this group otherwise would never have made out group stage

I was backing fakhar but we need to try Abdullah as an Opener.

Bro Imam just got dropped which was piece of cake..Hack Fakhar is gone run and now imam is gone...i mean what do you want me to say. We lose this and we are out it is simple.
Come on you are exaggerating. Even if Pakistan is shot out to 200 they have the bowling to defend it. Remember pakistan defended 209 by bowling AFG to around 50 runs in 1st ODI.

Back