Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs Bangladesh | 6 September | Lahore | Bangladesh innings

Might still be smart to let Naseem rest.

Getting injured here is one of the silliest ways of missing the world cup.

If Faheem can bowl 6-7 overs giving away 30-35 runs I will take it.

I want ihanullah if management can iron put his line and length issues.

Ihsanullah is very raw but he is the most brutish pacer we have produced in a long time. I remember him bowling a rapid bouncer at the Afghan batter which hit him on his helmet and he started bleeding. He just stood there stone faced and watched.

PCB needs to properly manage workload of fast bowlers.Naseem,Shaheen and Rauf are the core bowlers.Wasim should have played against Nepal.Another two quicks should be part of the squad.Arshad Iqbal,Abbas Afridi should be tried.You also have Hasnain and Dahani.

Reactions: IAJ
Shakib and Musfiqur have almost played 500 ODIS combined lol. That's some experience right there!

PCB needs to properly manage workload of fast bowlers.Naseem,Shaheen and Rauf are the core bowlers.Wasim should have played against Nepal.Another two quicks should be part of the squad.Arshad Iqbal,Abbas Afridi should be tried.You also have Hasnain and Dahani.
Umm no. World cup is in india not australia. We dont need more pacers. We need spinners

Shaheen slowly moving into Nathan Bracken territory with his overall pace

It's team management's responsibility. One of the big 3 could have rested today. I know every game here is a must win but better get used to play with a few second string bowlers according to a set plan than playing them forcefully.

It's 37C in Lahore right now, must be feeling like 40+ in the field. This can't be easy for those quick bowlers, especially for the big Shaheen. His pace will drop down, quite naturally.

Umm no. World cup is in india not australia. We dont need more pacers. We need spinners
Yes, we need spinners, but do we have a genuine wicket taking spinner? Genuine question

It's 37C in Lahore right now, must be feeling like 40+ in the field. This can't be easy for those quick bowlers, especially for the big Shaheen. His pace will drop down, quite naturally.

faheem bowling 127kmph chin music
he's not feeling the heat at all :ROFLMAO:

Faheem needs to be replaced by Zaman or Ihsanullah.

I want ihanullah if management can iron put his line and length issues.

A 150kph bowler already with 3 140+ greats. Unstoppable bowling unit.
I wonder what's the latest on Ihsanullah's elbow injury. He was meant to play The Hundred but was ruled out and had to miss the Afghanistan series and Asia Cup too.

I'd like to see him in the squad for Australia later this year if he keeps performing.

Faheem’s speeds are embarrassing. Any half decent team will thrash him about.

He was bowling late 130s against Afghanistan, how is he so down today?

Faheem is good at line and length surprisingly, but he's too slow that's my issue with him.

We need a better pacer. Zaman or ihsanullah period.

How come more and more city people wear less salwar kameez.

Used to be a nice sight with a packed stadium full of fans wearing salwar kameez , you knew you were in Pakistan just used to have a different vibe .

No offence to non salwar kameez wearers

Faheem’s speeds are embarrassing. Any half decent team will thrash him about.

He was bowling late 130s against Afghanistan, how is he so down today?
I disagree. In middle period of the ODI innings good line and length always works even at medium pace.

Faheem is good at line and length surprisingly, but he's too slow that's my issue with him.

We need a better pacer. Zaman or ihsanullah period.

And his batting average is 11.
If he was more handy with the bat, his average would be excusable, but at 11 its like a tailender. In which case you might as well have a proper bowler

Back on this site after while.

Pathetic batting by BD on a flat pitch. Yes early on in LOI it does something even on highway pitches with two new balls and Pak have quality pacers so the need to leave good balls is key early on. Game awareness absolutely zero dull brainless cricket. Das should have left that. Mehidy isnt an opener and never will be. Naim Sheik shouldnt ever be in ODI’s. Tawhid technique isn’t good ebough to bat top 4 positions in ODI. Mushy should be batting 4th.

Used to be a nice sight with a packed stadium full of fans wearing salwar kameez , you knew you were in Pakistan just used to have a different vibe .

we cant have all out and out bowlers..need to find bowling allrounders like pandya , green and stokes etc so Rana ji is all we have so we need to encourage him.

Yes, we need spinners, but do we have a genuine wicket taking spinner? Genuine question
I think we messed up. We were focusing soo much on pacers that we forgot to develop spinners.

We only have one solution. If Nawaz doesn't perform replace him with imad. If imad doesn't perform replace him with Nawaz... this is all that we have been doing.

Back in 2011 world cup, spinners were dominating and they played crucial roles where Pakistan had to play in a low scoring game. Even someone like abdur Rehman became a crucial player.

Pakistan should had tried abrar, and one off either sajid khan or Nauman ali. In India spinners are needed.

The only guy we have as a spinner is usama mir

Andy ‘smooth operator’ flower

I’ve become a fan of his commentary. Nice insight and not just stating the obvious , he needs to be teamed with a more lively commentator like Hussain, Shastri

Will he be in the World Cup?

yes, or even mo wasim jr
I'm choosing ihsanullah because his pace perfectly compliments haris, Shaheen and Naseem.

Zaman Khan I'm choosing due to his death over bowling and his line and length is more consistent then Ihsanullah.

Wasim is very good but I feel he's an upgraded version of faheem but he still doesn't compliment our big 3.

I'm choosing ihsanullah because his pace perfectly compliments haris, Shaheen and Naseem.

Zaman Khan I'm choosing due to his death over bowling and his line and length is more consistent then Ihsanullah.

Wasim is very good but I feel he's an upgraded version of faheem but he still doesn't compliment our big 3.
I totally agree with you. I'm just saying Mo Wasim because he is in our current squad

Cause its hot. Shalwar kameez is probably one of the worst and most dumbest clothing that was ever made and that too for this region.

Wearing it in hot weather is just ridiculous.

People from villiages wear it mostly. City folks wear it less and only wear it on occasions, Friday(for some odd reason we have associated this dress with islam), or when visiting a villiage

Cause its hot. Shalwar kameez is probably one of the worst and most dumbest clothing that was ever made and that too for this region.

People from villiages wear it mostly. City folks wear it less and only wear it on occasions, Friday(for some odd reason we have associated this dress with islam), or when visiting a villiage
Really?

Need a big partnership BD. Pitch is flat need 280 minimum and that still might not be enough!

Shakib living risky! Playing at everything. Have some Game awareness buddy!

we cant have all out and out bowlers..need to find bowling allrounders like pandya , green and stokes etc so Rana ji is all we have so we need to encourage him.

Abbas Afridi seems like a good option. Much more threatening bowler than Rana. Batting needs work, but the basics are pretty good.

naseems line has been very poor today...and he should have gobbled that catch up
It hasn't been poor, naseem is the Glenn mcgrath of Pakistan. He bowls consistent line and length and while he will get hit, he'll always pick up 2 or 3 wickets in a game.

He almost picked up the 2nd wicket.

Theirs a reason this lad has 31 wickets in only 13 games. That's an average of 2.3 wickets per game.

Goated bowler.

PAK just don't have enough wicket-taking threat outside of our three main pacers.

Need wicket ASAP!!!! Babar is letting another team to get away 47/4 to 280+. This guy is just like a robot with no technical or intelligence mindset

Wasim is good, not great, but not bad either.

I know statistics aren't everything, and it's a small sample size. But this is just for context:

PlayerBatting averageBowling averageMatches played
Faheem Ashraf11.044.1232
Mohammad Wasim Jr.9.525.715

Opening slot is an issue for BD. Can be having makeshift opener against top end bowlers. BD need Tamim back before world cup. Experience is vital and he is still the best opener ever produced by BD.

I know statistics aren't everything, and it's a small sample size. But this is just for context:

PlayerBatting averageBowling averageMatches played
Faheem Ashraf11.044.1232
Mohammad Wasim Jr.9.525.715
Wasim is a far, far superior bowler. As a batter, Fahim is much better but unfortunately he has regressed.

I saw Fahim play some classic knocks in New Zealand when everyone else struggled but he has not made any improvement since then.

How many times we have seen Pak wrapping half of the team inside 50 runs and then letting build long partnerships? Interestingly, everyone blames Babar Azam to throw away good start, but none raise a question about the quality of spin we have. Haven't seen Shadab taking any key wicket of top team. You can't win WC with a toothless bowler like Shadab.

I actually find that salwar kameez keeps me cool compared to jeans or joggers etc I also find it smart looking and although there is no literal Islamic clothing , reading namaz in salwar kameez is easier for namaz/salah as it’s not tight and covers you in the right places at all times

People forgetting that Mickey Arthur was and probably still is, a big fan of Rana. He said during his first tenure that having both Faheem and Shadab in the playing 11 is better than having a separate batsman and bowler as with the former you get double the batsmen and double the bowlers.

It is actually more confortin than tight trousers and shirts. The baggy nature allows better airflow. Although, I do not like wearing it because it's not very practical for physical movement, and also because I live in UK.

Shadab is like Rashid Khan, good to great when batsmen attack him but toothless in ODIs where batsmen have more time

How many times we have seen Pak wrapping half of the team inside 50 runs and then letting build long partnerships? Interestingly, everyone blames Babar Azam to throw away good start, but none raise a question about the quality of spin we have. Haven't seen Shadab taking any key wicket of top team. You can't win WC with a toothless bowler like Shadab.

I understand what you’re saying , but in the context of this game we are fortunate to have them 4 down as it’s a flat non spinning wicket .

Some good bowling no doubt but some dismissals could have easily been avoided by Bangla bhais

It is actually more confortin than tight trousers and shirts. The baggy nature allows better airflow. Although, I do not like wearing it because it's not very practical for physical movement, and also because I live in UK.
I like in UK and wearing one right now as it’s hot and wearing one keeps me cool and comfortable.

I’m in Birmingham , so wearing salwar kameez is not alien at all here

People forgetting that Mickey Arthur was and probably still is, a big fan of Rana. He said during his first tenure that having both Faheem and Shadab in the playing 11 is better than having a separate batsman and bowler as with the former you get double the batsmen and double the bowlers.
It made sense in Tests but in ODIs you rarely need his batting and he has not justified the statement with his batting performance. Wasim J can score the runs he scores and in the manner he scores them, but the former is actually good bowler too with more variety and pace.

Shahdab has become such a nothing bowler, don't know what happened he was pretty good in WC in Aus but since then he has look like a part-timer

I like in UK and wearing one right now as it’s hot and wearing one keeps me cool and comfortable.

I’m in Birmingham , so wearing salwar kameez is not alien at all here
I live in Watford and some older folks wear Shalwar Qamiz here too.

Everyone stop attacking shadab when he literally played on 2 pitches that were not turning.

Rain against India sucked the pitch dry, and lahore pitches aren't known for spin.

Just relax, you want him gone when he won you the games against afghanistan? Short term memory much?

Wasim is a far, far superior bowler. As a batter, Fahim is much better but unfortunately he has regressed.

I saw Fahim play some classic knocks in New Zealand when everyone else struggled but he has not made any improvement since then.

For sure, let's hope that after a bit of a hiatus, his batting makes a comeback

Everyone stop attacking shadab when he literally played on 2 pitches that were not turning.

Rain against India sucked the pitch dry, and lahore pitches aren't known for spin.

Just relax, you want him gone when he won you the games against afghanistan? Short term memory much?
Your right bro

Back