Asia Cup 2023: Super 4: Pakistan vs Bangladesh | 6 September | Lahore | Bangladesh innings

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan have already announced their XI

1693975658413.png

Bangladesh Squad: Mohammad Naim, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Towhid Hridoy, Litton Das, Mushfiqur Rahim(w), Shakib Al Hasan(c), Shamim Hossain, Afif Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Hasan Mahmud, Mustafizur Rahman, Mahedi Hasan, Tanzid Hasan, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Nasum Ahmed, Anamul Haque

==

All eyes on Faheem Ashraf to see how he does as we look ahead to the main game against India on Sunday.

As for the rest, time for the batters to get some practice and build some confidence.

Having said that, beware of the Tigers!

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Taskin, Shoriful and Hasan all 3 bowled really well vs Afghanistan. Lets see how they bowl vs Pakistan.
Not expecting much from BD batters. Will most probably be blown away in first 15-20 overs.

Pak will win this one, I am worried about indo-pak game again washing out this Sunday :(

I am still imagining Faheem Ashraf against India on Sunday, how badly he will get tonked/ smashed by Indian batsmen

They'll miss Ebadot. Taskin, Hasan and Ebadot could have bowled tight lines and lengths and kept Fakhar/Imam quiet and maybe even dismissed them with spinners bowling to Babar and Rizwan. That was their best hope.

Shoriful, from memory, pitches it up and looks for swing. If there isn't enough swing, PAK can take him apart.

So what's this Faheem ashraf like now? Last time we saw him he was pretty average

On what basis is he back in the team? Has he been recently performing in domestic or something?

So what's this Faheem ashraf like now? Last time we saw him he was pretty average

On what basis is he back in the team? Has he been recently performing in domestic or something?

Well..this is still a mystery that ..on what basis Fahim is back now and suddenly so favored? Onlything is he performed better with bat in PSL..and that is all to it.. I dont think he performed in domestic..
Faheem is there to give opposition teams, a big sigh of relief, afterr Shaheen, Naseem , Rauf.. they know..who to target..

If he's in the team due to his batting performance imad waseem would have been a better option

Hope faheems not a let down
What other fast bowling all rounders we have?

Had Afghanistan qualified, they would be playing today?
May be. It would depend on the net run-rate. If they had NRR less than Bangladesh in case they had qualified then we would have been facing Afghanistan today but hard luck for them. They didn't know the calculation and missed the trick.

W
Its a batting paradise.. so i think batting first will be preferred to pose a huge total and then, put pressure on opposition
Looking at the quality of Pakistani bowlers, it is the right thing to do for Pakistan. Win the toss, Bat first

Bangladesh have opted to bat first.

1693991576540.png1693991563893.png

Shakib: "If we put runs on the board, it will put pressure on them. We want to replicate what we did against Afghanistan but we are facing the No. 1 team in the world so we need to play our best. We know what their strengths and weaknesses are. We have to face those challenges but we are up for those challenges. Litton replaces Shanto."

They'll miss Ebadot. Taskin, Hasan and Ebadot could have bowled tight lines and lengths and kept Fakhar/Imam quiet and maybe even dismissed them with spinners bowling to Babar and Rizwan. That was their best hope.

Shoriful, from memory, pitches it up and looks for swing. If there isn't enough swing, PAK can take him apart.
I saw Shoriful vs AFG and he looked good (albeit against an inconsistent batting lineup). He's 6ft 3 and has a very impressive international record so far.

Don't think PAK will mind batting 2nd. They've chased big totals on this ground and BD spinners could be negated by the dew.

In 2023 white-ball cricket, most the top teams would rather chase on a batting paradise.

I saw Shoriful vs AFG and he looked good (albeit against an inconsistent batting lineup). He's 6ft 3 and has a very impressive international record so far.

Don't think PAK will mind batting 2nd. They've chased big totals on this ground and BD spinners could be negated by the dew.
Pakistan should be fine with batting second. With such a bowling line, they can stop any team at a low total and then chase it afterward.

As usual Babar lost the toss!! Why can't they send Shadab for the toss? Anything over 275 match will be over for us

As usual Babar lost the toss!! Why can't they send Shadab for the toss? Anything over 275 match will be over for us
It can be frustrating for fans when their favorite cricket team consistently loses the toss, as it can have an impact on the outcome of the game, especially in certain conditions. However, the decision of who goes for the toss is typically made by the team captain or the team management, and it's not always based on superstitions or beliefs about luck.

Must have powerful father or uncle to keep getting selected without any good performance.

Usual standard flip of the coin, with absolutely no back swing. If I was him I’d give it a couple of more seconds of air time.

It can be frustrating for fans when their favorite cricket team consistently loses the toss, as it can have an impact on the outcome of the game, especially in certain conditions. However, the decision of who goes for the toss is typically made by the team captain or the team management, and it's not always based on superstitions or beliefs about luck.
I think Babar has a big ego and don't anyone do any favor to him

Are we really going to start wrist slitting over the toss ?

We haven't got past the anthems yet and the moaning has begun ! :ROFLMAO:
Its because they have good batsmen and a good bowling attack and we are incapable of chasing in ODIs.

Babar needs one more century to pass Saeed Anwar's record of the most ODI hundreds for Pakistan - will he achieve this today?

A crisp 36 degrees in Lahore today. Not easy conditions to play in

My blood boils every time I see Rizwan’s name at number 4

Against Pakistan you must open with a left hander

Simple

13 matches 30 wickets

Naseem is a genuine wicket taker

Couldn't have asked for a better start ! Maiden from Shaheen, wicket first ball from Naseem.

Crazy two games for Miraz as opener. A century followed by a duck. Wonder how long BD will continue this experiment ?

Pak need to win by a big margin with rain in SL most teams will end up on same points !

Its because they have good batsmen and a good bowling attack and we are incapable of chasing in ODIs.
Didn't we chase 349 last year on this ground vs AUS ?

Batting often gets better under lights at Lahore, but let's see.

I'm curious to see how much swing and movement our pacers get today considering there isn't a cloud in the sky

need to restrict them less than 350 i would say...and for bowlers they need to be disciplined and not search for wickets as it is the flattest wicket on the planet

Great start! Babar just has to be careful with his bowlers here. Rotate through, maybe only 3 overs per opening spell and a couple each in the middle. However the temp should start dropping around the end of Bang's innings ... correct me if Im wrong anyone from Lahor.

What happened after 2nd over? Suddenly our bowlers lost rhythm??

Bangladesh playing their shots boy
Yeah they've got some accomplished ODI batsmen.

Containing runs is very difficult here. Not only the pitch but this outfield is merciless for fielding teams.

As i said i think faheem should come on . we need wicket to wicket bowlers. Haris and Naseem will get destroyed on this wicket. What is the use of a slip on here ?

Any mis-hit racing for 4. We're might be seeing 700 runs today.

As i said i think faheem should come on . we need wicket to wicket bowlers. Haris and Naseem will get destroyed on this wicket. What is the use of a slip on here ?
Fahim will give 100 + runs here if Nasim and Afridi fail. theses types of pitches will backfire to team like Pakistan who likes to play safety first.

Massive wicket ! Litton was looking dangerous.

Brilliant changeups from Shaheen.

Ohh Litton gone, huge wicket for Shaheen !
Going really well for Pak

BAN 31/2 (5)

As i said Naseem and Haris wud go for runs on here. Due to Afridi getting some swing he needs to keep doing what he is

The heat is absolutely unforgiving out there.

1693994293208.png

Back