Athar Ali Khan's "My word" watch thread

DHONI183

A departed friend who will live in our memories fo
Runs
Post of the Week
Throughout the Asia Cup 2012, my brother brought my attention to the fact that how many times Athar Ali Khan uses the phrase "My word".

It is now up to you guys to notice in tomorrow´s final:).

He also said a very funny line yesterday. It was something along the lines of everyone in this stadium has their eyes glued to their tv sets LOLOLOLOL

One of the worst commentators ...I rather have Shamim Chowdhury. Athar has been stammering a lot these days and also gobbles up a word halfway into it

My Word, i was going to make a similar topic, well done for starting this topic, you have shown a lot heart

p.s. anyone else think he sounds like his nose is blocked.

Hafeez's leading edge falls agonisingly close to short point..Athar said "should've taken..MY WORD!"

didn't take him more than couple of minutes in his first stint of the day :yk

Has been used twice so far today:).

My word you cannot win if you are deployed to count his my words.

Mark my word.

....This guy is horrible; it's embarrasing. On that Muhammad Hafeez LBW Appeal, he said something like,

'That was clearly out <stammer> in my mind, it would have gone to hit middle and leg stump.'

And Sanil Gavaskar immediately shot, 'That doesnt matter, it's the umpire's decision and the decision would stand.'

my word what a shot from Tamim,my word hes looked so good,my word what an over:facepalm:

Few years back, I gave an interview. Then they replayed it to me. in 30 minutes time I must have said "you know" 50 times. Sometimes it happens unknowingly. Now I am very cautious while lecturing or talking. May be Atahar needs to listen what he says.

Just remembered this from today´s match. Some Pakistan bowler bowled a wide and Athar Ali Khan said....

"That´s a bonus point for Bangladesh......"

Athar Ali Khan´s "My word" watch thread:

It´s that time of the year again where I will have the pleasure of torturing my ears with his smooth, skillful, beautiful commentary!

"Bangladesh should have won the toss" - Athar Ali Khan, February 2014.

:)))!

It´s that time of the year again where I will have the pleasure of torturing my ears with his smooth, skillful, beautiful commentary!

"Bangladesh should have won the toss" - Athar Ali Khan, February 2014.

:)))!

hahahahha "my word Bangladesh should have won the toss"

....This guy is horrible; it's embarrasing. On that Muhammad Hafeez LBW Appeal, he said something like,

'That was clearly out <stammer> in my mind, it would have gone to hit middle and leg stump.'

And Sanil Gavaskar immediately shot, 'That doesnt matter, it's the umpire's decision and the decision would stand.'

Did Sunny of all people say that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Athar Ali Khan´s "My word" watch thread:

It seems he has given up on it, at least in the ongoing Asia Cup. Athar Ali Khan has grown a moustache which might just be there as a filter to censor the six-lettered phrase.

It seems he has given up on it, at least in the ongoing Asia Cup. Athar Ali Khan has grown a moustache which might just be there as a filter to censor the six-lettered phrase.

He uses "youngsta" a lot more haha.

Guys - pls make sure all comments made on this thread are not in poor taste.

Thanks

Manjrekar, Athar Ali Khan and Rameez Raja crack me up with their nervousness,,

What happened to "My Word" ? He has completely stopped saying it. He probably read this thread

:)) what a thread!! This was so true back in the day. He surely has read this thread has Mr. ATHAR.

We should have a roshan mahanama "ill afford" thread and ramiz raja's "out of nowhere" thread as well.

He certainly tops the chart for the most biased commentator. Biased commentary should be banned. Aren't they getting paid to be nuetral?

Does he still say it or has he completely shunned the activity? At least I couldn´t hear any "My word" during the ongoing T20I series.

God, he´s incredibly biased! The Bangladesh commentary team has to be the worst in the world in the era of After Christ, surely! Shamim Choudhary is an incredible addition too, mind you. Bad, simply bad!

Guys, Athar Ali Khan is trending in Pakistan on Twitter right now! Seems like that a lot more people are annoyed by his commentary than we thought. :)):)))

Athar Ali Khan and Ranjith Fernando are two of the most annoying commentators to listen to. When it comes to biased commentary, clearly the BD commies are the worst. But I've also noticed Gavaskar, Lakshman Sivaramakrishnan and Russel Arnold also having similar issues.

I am not a fan of his commentary but I dont hate it, I found his commentary in the last over between Bangladesh and Pakistan to be entertaining, he is passionate about his team, and wants them to win, it might sound biased, but atleast his commentary can add some spice, it was like a roller coaster ride, for that particular match. He does have a tendency to say my word a lot, and his knowledge of the game is not good, but if Bangladesh are playing a tight game, i find him fun to listen too, again that is just me.

In general not a fan of his commentary.

every commentator has a line they keep going back to

VVS in hindi 'aur yee hawai fire...' lol

Rameez 'You beauty'

and who can forget the king of cliches, Ravi 'all 3 results possible' Shastri - 'that's hit like a tracer bullet'

Back