Australia (100/2) defeat Bangladesh (140/8) by 28 runs [DLS method] in the Super 8 game of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Zampa is a lethal bowler. Litton picked the wrong bowler to target. Should've targeted Stoinis or something.

Starc is bowling out already. This is the 11th over.

Interesting strategy.

BD - 72/3 (11 overs).

Winner of afg vs bng will be the second best team in Asia I believe. Afg is second best in odis already as per last odi wc.bng vs pakistan is a close one especially on slow wickets.

Average score on this ground is 154. Can BD reach that?

I think 160 would not be a bad score (if they can reach that).

Winner of afg vs bng will be the second best team in Asia I believe. Afg is second best in odis already as per last odi wc.bng vs pakistan is a close one especially on slow wickets.
Afg is a lot better than Bangladesh to be honest.

BD - 89/4 (14 overs).

6 more overs. They need to reach 150 to give bowlers something to work with.

Not looking like a batting wicket. Ball is not coming onto the bat easily

THere is zero power hitters in this side. Occasionally i have seen Mahmadullah smashes sometiems Litton. Others are weak.

Totally one sided contest. Even as a neutral cricket fan, it's painful to watch such matches.

Athar Ali kan is full of nonsense .He claims bng is better team as they whitewashed eng on those paddy fields.no wonder bng team never improved. He does not even consider there are pitches outside mirpur.

THere is zero power hitters in this side. Occasionally i have seen Mahmadullah smashes sometiems Litton. Others are weak.
We saw what mahmadullah can do especially against ind 2016 , sa 2024.They don't have any int standard hitter especially in middle order

They just can't play bouncers can they 11th or 12th dismissal against short ball in this world cup.

Australia looking ruthless in there approach , they are looking to win the tournament , not this game only

They have 38 runs from Stoinis and Maxwell. 4overs 14 extras. 71 runs in 14 overs from other bowlers

Easy win for Australia coming up .

Fair to say USA is more competitive than Bangladesh as they gave hard time to South Africa.

Fair to say USA is more competitive than Bangladesh as they gave hard time to South Africa.

BD lost by 4 runs against South Africa. USA lost by 18 runs against South Africa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Towid hirdoy seem like good batsman .

He has attacking game which many Bangladesh batsman lack .

That's a hat-trick for Pat Cummin.

Yes its against minnows still good achievement .:kp

BD played on a tougher pitch. Shouldn't they have lost by a bigger margin? ROFL.
Those pitch were reduced the gap between minnow and top teams .

Today is good pitch and how miserable bangladesh is playing compared to USA against South Africa on flats pitch .

:misbah

Athar Ali kan is full of nonsense .He claims bng is better team as they whitewashed eng on those paddy fields.no wonder bng team never improved. He does not even consider there are pitches outside mirpur.
Should not care what Athar says. I don't. Unfortunately there is no one to replace him

Bangladesh huffed and puffed to around 140. Not bad considering they were going at 6 an over at one point.

BD lost by 4 runs against South Africa. USA lost by 18 runs against South Africa.
Inappropriate comparison. New York pitch is easily one of the worst in the world. So, the margin of defeat would obviously be low, regardless of whether a minnow is playing or not. On flat pitches, it will go up.

BD end up with 140/8 after 20 overs.

Aussies need 141 to win.

I think BD are 20 runs short on this pitch. Sluggish.

USA has massive six hitters. THey can change the game blink of an eye. USA has hit 34 sixes in this world cup. Second highest behind West Indies which has 44 sixes. Scotland also has hit 34 sixes. third Australia 32 sixes.

Australia will chase this down early as they can to improve the NRR.

They can lost against india and Much improved Afghanistan side.

Litton sucked the momentum out of this game. Has been out of form for a loong time, but still get selected because that's the best BD has to offer.

Haturu thinks he is some genius shuffling batting order everyday. 15 more runs would've made the game more interesting.

10.11pm Bangladesh never really went to fourth gear, let alone fifth gear. Hridoy was definitely the pick of the Bangladesh batters but Shanto's hand was crucial too. Another disappointing outing from Shakib.

4th gear? They never went to 3rd gear. one good six. Two pies from Stoinis dealt with. Otherwise hardly any acceleration

Back