Australia (100/2) defeat Bangladesh (140/8) by 28 runs [DLS method] in the Super 8 game of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Litton sucked the momentum out of this game. Has been out of form for a loong time, but still get selected because that's the best BD has to offer.

Haturu thinks he is some genius shuffling batting order everyday. 15 more runs would've made the game more interesting.

Mahmudullah should bat at #3. Nazmul should open.

Tanzid should be dropped.

Easy win for Australia coming up .

Fair to say USA is more competitive than Bangladesh as they gave hard time to South Africa.
At least, BD play with original ethnic players. It doesn't have as much diverse gene pool as USA or not like WI playing multiple countries as one.

Certainly. He has good number against india.

Around 36 hour left for india - Bangladesh game . :kp

I ideally want to see both Australia and BD qualify for semi.

It can happen if Aussies win all 3 games and BD beat India and Afghanistan.

I ideally want to see both Australia and BD qualify for semi.

For that to happen, Aussies need to win all 3 games and BD need to beat India and Afghanistan.
Bangladesh doesn't have much firepower to go in semifinals .

But they always raised the game against India so let's see

Antigua & Barbuda seems like a beautiful country. Blue water. Reminds me of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag game.

Bangladesh doesn't have much firepower to go in semifinals .

But they always raised the game against India so let's see
They are not beating either of them. Against India on a batting surface. Against Afghanistan on a spinning surface where Nepal rolled over BD for 101 runs. Should have been 88. SOme tactical error by Nepal allowed BD to get some 17 extra runs

Hoping that Australia lose a match its either against india or Afghanistan so we will not face england in Semifinals .

Ideal semifinals -
India vs South Africa
Australia vs England

Final India vs Australia and we all know the result. :misbah

Aussies struggled against off-spinner Mahedi. Could only get 12 from 2 overs.

BD should bowl spin and Fizz. No need to bowl other pacers. Pace is easy for Australia.

Aus 36/0 in 4 overs. But yeah. The pitch is extremely sluggish (according to one die hard bangla fan here). Bangla did really well to get to 140 on this surface. :giggle:

It is raining. They are going off.

Game can't be washed out as they have gotten 6 overs already.

Here comes rain but already 5 over played so Australia will win even Play doesn't start again

Not that Bangladesh ever had a chance, but going with pace against Warner and Head in the powerplay was especially dumb.

Should have started with Shakib who has a very good matchup against Warner.

Not that Bangladesh ever had a chance, but going with pace against Warner and Head in the powerplay was especially dumb.

Won't make a difference. Australia will always try to land the first punch in these world cup matches.

Yes. They should've bowled spin from both ends.

Mahedi actually did well with his off-spin. Aussies could only get 21 runs off his 3 overs. Pacers got slaughtered.

If not imagine athar saying aus saved by the rain from the spin of bng
Poor guy has to invent new excuses for every tournament. He has been doing that for mroe than a decade. I remember him screaming "what an over. Game changing over. As far as i am concerned over of the tournament for me. incredible over" after Fiz choked Vijay shankar. His tone gradually changed as the 19th over went on

This match will get a result. I am not sure how the other matches will be. Given the fact 2nd round has very limited number of matches each match will be crucial. Rain can hurt a favorite team.

If rain came 9 balls earlier, BD could've escaped with a no result. LOL.

During CT 2017, BD got a no result against Australia. That 1 point took them to semi-final.

Given the skill set of Theekshana his catch is the best catch of the tournament. He can't even hold on to simple catch. Not sure how he pulled off that catch

They started with the off spinner so from both end bowling spinners is not a good Idea .

Shakib is not much effective against lefty

This is not a bad pitch which Bangladeshi fans were talking about .

Litton sucked the momentum out of this game. Has been out of form for a loong time, but still get selected because that's the best BD has to offer.

Haturu thinks he is some genius shuffling batting order everyday. 15 more runs would've made the game more interesting.

Unfair to blame Liton when captain Shanto is an utterly mediocre batsman himself.

Shakib Al hasan should retire. That guy is too late against short ball. Umran malik broke his wrist if i remember right. He couldn't handle the pace. Mahmudullah too.

BD is pathetic. BCCI made a big mistake voicing for their inclusion in test nations. Should have voted for some other nation who could atleast improve.

They started with the off spinner so from both end bowling spinners is not a good Idea .

Shakib is not much effective against lefty

This is not a bad pitch which Bangladeshi fans were talking about .

Bangladesh did many misfielding. They gave away 10-15 runs with misfielding alone. There was a catch drop too.

Commentators themselves were saying it wasn't very easy to bat on. I don't mean Athar Ali Khan.

Back