Australia (276/7) defeat Pakistan (157) by 119 runs to win the Super League QF of ICC U19 World Cup

If Haseebullah can score runs here, it means that it’s a belter of a track

Against Afghanistan I noticed that these boys love playing pace.

I don’t know how many spinners Australia have but one or two may not be enough

That shot by Shazad confirms belter of outfield. Hassebullah looks a handy player, he kept wickets well today. Let's hope he scores well too.

An U 19 player should not be judged. A lot of the players are not good enough at that stage but have drastically improved with time. On the other hand many exciting prospects who start off with a bang have ended up becoming average in the long run.

Pakistani batsmen need to play more composed, 50 overs is a long time. You do not want your tailenders batting for 20 overs

Our battera look rabbits against pace..scared stifff with no technique..atleast show some fight

Haseeb unhappy with that decision.

Looked like a bad call by the umpire.

You could tell that it wasn't out even the keeper didn't go up til late.

The problem is their is no DRS in this tourney if im not mistaken, the pitch is good for batting but our weak batting line up can maybe chase 130 max nothing more.

The competitive Pakistan white ball teams of the past may have not been convincing against good pace, but they would make up by tackling spin well in the middle overs.

I have been able to say this convincingly for the current players coming through since the past 5 years

This is good intent by Pakistan

They are not chasing this by looking to just put away bad balls

Irfan Khan is 100% Misbah ul Haq

Even Swann pointed this out

An U19 PSL is a good idea by Ramiz. In addition to opening up new revenue streams for the PCB, it can potentially provide good exposure to the U19 boys on the big stage and highlight them more.

Two anchors at the crease on a flat deck

Both are not trying to look for boundaries

Don’t think Australia has any spinners

Pakistan would have to be extremely poor to lose this

Pakistan's innings going nowhere at the moment.

No singles, no intent.

This is nothing bowling on a nothing track yet these boys are struggling to get the ball away from the inner circle

Who is coaching this??

Looking at the make-up of the Pakistani batters so far, they look more suited to playing against spinners. They've struggled today against the pace and extra bounce.

Pakistan will loose today I think . Pakistan's future doesn't look good with bad performances at under 19 level.

What a waste of space that parchi was...blocked so many balls he did..i dnt think aussies have used any spinners at all ..serves ijaz right

Is Ijaz one of the worst coaches ever ?

Coach doesnt know the basics of cricket. The best way to stem the flow of runs is by picking wickets. Absolutely no intent to pick wickets in middle overs in all the matches

Coach doesnt know the basics of cricket. The best way to stem the flow of runs is by picking wickets. Absolutely no intent to pick wickets in middle overs in all the matches

That's just one of the many blunders he has made.

Maaz is a proper batsmen but he's made to bat 8/9
They only had 1 genuine pacer no back up pacer.
They played no mystery spinner.

People told me i was worrying for nothing like i said this weak batting line up cannot score more than 130 runs. 220 was me being optomistic. If Pak really wanted a chance to win, they would have to bowl Aussie out to 100. Which was never going to Happen. Only chance we really stood was batting first.

this abbas guy shouldnt have played. Should have played the wrist spinner instead.

What is this fascination of bowling first in big games for Pakistan?

All that will happen is Australia will score 220-250 even if Pakistan has a good day in the field, and then Pakistan will struggle to chase down the score

Absolutely ruined my day

It’s been downhill since

Ijaz Ahmed should be sacked after this tournament. He has no vision for modern cricket.

No wrist spinners, top order batsman batting at 7. Horrible coach

Ijaz Ahmed was a room mate of Wasim Akram. There were reports that Wasim Akram got him employed.

Screw you Wasim Khan.

Ijaz Ahmed was a room mate of Wasim Akram. There were reports that Wasim Akram got him employed.

Screw you Wasim Khan.

The PCB preferred Ijaz over the likes of Saqlain (Who asked for a high salary) and Younis Khan (who asked for extra powers and salary)

Why did Pakistan bowl first? That was a blunder.

Bat first. Put on a big score. Choke the opposition. That should've been the strategy.

Wasim Khan had no vision. Incompetent

I remember at the time in an interview when asked that it was Ehsan Mani's decision who refused to offer the position a higher wage and powers therefore his hands were tied.

Pakistan will loose today I think . Pakistan's future doesn't look good with bad performances at under 19 level.

on the contrary, you only need one or two players in each u19 cycle to be good, both faseeh and mehran are good players, but this is not their format.

The only interesting thing in this match is how similar the Aussie captain is to Erling Haaland

Am pretty sure Ramiz will send Ijaz packing as a result of this debacle. Ijaz has now supervised 2 U19 WC failures.

LsjPWET.png

Am pretty sure Ramiz will send Ijaz packing as a result of this debacle. Ijaz has now supervised 2 U19 WC failures.

But he needs to slash the cash to hire the right kind of coach

I guess Australia's World Cup knock-out dominance over Pakistan extends to U-19 World Cups too now.

Back