Australia v New Zealand | WT20 Practice Match | Fatullah |19/03/14 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakss

Test Debutant
Runs
Australia Team

GJ Bailey*, DE Bollinger, DT Christian, NM Coulter-Nile, JP Faulkner, AJ Finch, BJ Haddin†, BJ Hodge, GB Hogg, GJ Maxwell, JM Muirhead, MA Starc, DA Warner, SR Watson, CL White

New Zealand Team

CJ Anderson, TA Boult, AP Devcich, MJ Guptill, RM Hira, MJ McClenaghan, BB McCullum*, NL McCullum, KD Mills, C Munro, JDS Neesham, L Ronchi†, TG Southee, LRPL Taylor, KS Williamson

47/0 in 3 overs according to cricinfo. Finch laying into Kiwis!

106-0 off 7 overs

WOW

Warner 63 off 23
Finch 42 off 19

Australia: 106, 7 overs. What are they playing? Stick cricket?

Both batsmen with SR of over 200! Warner hit 5 :6s so far! Carnage!

200 isn't as big as people are making it out to be, any of the 15 can bat...

so NZ are going to go with Mills the ultimate trundler in the World T20? :)))

This chase won't be difficult if Guptill and Baz get going.

Thats a big total !

Brendo and Guptill the key here for the kiwis !

Not enough on the board me thinks, 200 isn't 200 in these games...

NZ and AUS making full use of the short boundaries. Asian teams better use spinners to their strength.

We should win this with a over to spare. #FeartheKiwi #OZwho

lameduck, most of our batsmen hit the ball further than 75m anyway.

The small boundaries have only helped the SC teams, who are generally physically weaker than teams like NZ, Aus and SA.

Hogg getting phainty

Baz hundred coing up :D

Last edited:
I am inclined to think that probably the ground is too small, as these guys are used playing on massive grounds (BB league etc). smallish grounds might turn this tournament into a bit of a joke.

I am inclined to think that probably the ground is too small, as these guys are used playing on massive grounds (BB league etc). smallish ground might turn this tournament into a bit of a joke.
NZ and Aus will kill the boundaries here.

Anderson, Devcich, Munro, Neesham, Ronchi, Taylor, Nathan McCullum, Southee and Boult still to come.

Astonishing how Haddin's form has vanished after the Ashes - he can't buy a run in any form.

LOL poor Muirhead is being absolutely phaintified! We will probably give him 5 wickets :afridi

some serious hitting going on..shame it's not televised

NZ well on the way to chase 200...muirhead getting spanked

200 on this ground in a warm up between these teams was only really like 180.

Need to choke big to lose this one but it should be easy with plenty of batting still to come.

We're playing here next right? Should be interesting :afridi

Taylor bites the dust again :raja

His form is a worry for NZ. The only proper batsman in the team.

Williamson and Guptill?

Williamson isn't a natural free flowing batsman while Guptill goes AWOL when the real deal starts.

I remember him murdering England in the ODI series before the CT last year but put on Harry Potter's invisibility cloak when the real business commenced.

Williamson isn't a natural free flowing batsman while Guptill goes AWOL when the real deal starts.

I remember him murdering England in the ODI series before the CT last year but put on Harry Potter's invisibility cloak when the real business commenced.
How many batsmen do Pakistan have then? :hafeez

None but we have top quality bowling unlike you.

Haha :gul

Other than Amir and Ajmal, I wouldn't want any of Pakistan's bowlers.

Just a warm up, but a win against Australia regardless of format or context is always good in my books.

Other than Amir and Ajmal, I wouldn't want any of Pakistan's bowlers.

Hai? I know NZ's quickies are quality atm but Afridi/Hafeez or any one of our army of left arm spinners would walk into NZ. Kaneria easily surpasses Vettori (best spinner you guys have produced)

Why would you want to play 2 spinners in NZ? Hafeez maybe for McCullum, but Anderon > Afridi anyday.

Side chasing was always going to have the inside running in this game.

Both batting line ups are just too strong.

LOL Anderson bowls potties and hits bombs on some of the smallest grounds in the world.

Actually I take that back, I like Anderson as a batsman he is quality :afridi He still bowls poos

He's still a work in progress, would definitely take him over Mr 0 (1) :afridi

11 needed off 9, man if Ronchi hits the winning runs :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back