New Zealand [281/9] defeat Australia [257] in the 3rd ODI; win series 2-0

I reiterate it's incredibly difficult to accelerate against this attack. They've got three bowlers hitting the top of the splice every ball at length, then Faulkner varying his pace with cutters, seam balls, back of the hand slower balls that bounce on you and Zampa is a quite skilled wicket to wicket bowler. Who do you target?

To score against them you need to play quality cricketing shots which is impossible to do every ball. The odds will always be against you. If you successfully connect two, you're likely to mistime or edge the third. Eventually one will have your name on it because you're trying to put away very good deliveries with extra bounce every ball. And that's how they trap batsmen, they relentlessly attack the stumps or just outside. They don't have any bowlers batsmen can target. Faulkner and Zampa are the weaker links but they also excel at their own craft which is to restrict.
The Aussies were bowling excellent but no doubt we would have been better off with them trying to hit a few away for some much needed runs than sit there and block out it.

The Aussies were bowling excellent but no doubt we would have been better off with them trying to hit a few away for some much needed runs than sit there and block out it.

You would've been bowled out. Best option is to score run a ball against their trio and target Zampa and Faulkner or have supreme hand-eye like De Villiers/Warner/Sharjeel.

You would've been bowled out. Best option is to score run a ball against their trio and target Zampa and Faulkner or have supreme hand-eye like De Villiers/Warner/Sharjeel.
We may have, but we would have gotten more runs no doubt. Instead of scores of 8(12), 3(12) and 1(7).

Just about per score considering that Smith & Warner is not playing, neither Khwaja (who is a beast, if you don't have genuine spinners to bowl). But, I do believe Sodhi could have won this match today, still it'll be very, very close.

Great finish by NZ, this is a defendable total

We may have, but we would have gotten more runs no doubt. Instead of scores of 8(12), 3(12) and 1(7).

Easier said than done. If they're struggling to put bat on ball while defending, what chance do they have attacking?

If Pakistan finished the innings like this after a solid platform, there would've been ten wrist-slitting threads criticizing the lack of "power hitting" by the foolish bunch.

Williamson as usual will react after the pressure's been released. Lockie should've been bowling this over.

Maxwell's scores against NZ in NZ

1,0,6,0, 20 and 0.

3 ducks :martin

Still, it's a 50-50 match. Kiwis would have won it with Sodhi for sure.

Easier said than done. If they're struggling to put bat on ball while defending, what chance do they have attacking?
Er... they were getting bat on ball, they weren't able to find the gaps for singles and were blocking straight deliveries.

Stonis seems like a good investment, played some gorgeous shots today.

Now if the bowlers can somehow chase this total down..

Boult is a beast. Few days ago some kiwi guy here was saying how boult is living off past glory. Rubbish

Australia fail to win a single game

2-0 to New Zealand

6/33 for Boult

This OZ side is very mediocre. SA walloped them and NZ chewed through them. It is only us minnow Pakistan that made them look any good.

This OZ side is very mediocre. SA walloped them and NZ chewed through them. It is only us minnow Pakistan that made them look any good.
In SA they went with a third string bowling line up in Boland, Tremain and Mennie.

In NZ they don't have Warner nor Smith.

Boult is a beast. Few days ago some kiwi guy here was saying how boult is living off past glory. Rubbish
One performance doesn't change the fact that he's been absolutely rubbish after his injury.

Boult is one of my favorite bowlers. I still rank him as the best in the world in terms of ability and skill not on current form. This was an ATG performance by him. Good to see the Aussies lose.
:rosco :tb

I reckon that every team besides SL, Zim, and WI would beat Aus outside of Aus.

AUs just lost 3-0 to SL minnows in Test, regularly got beaten by SL in T20s even at home when SL wasn't a minnow. Lost to Zimbabwe the super minnow in 2014 and WI with the likes of Gayle, Pollard, Narine, Sammy and Bravo would eat the current Aussies alive in ODI and T20 cricket.

I reckon that every team besides SL, Zim, and WI would beat Aus outside of Aus.

Pakistan wouldn't have a chance, even at home. They're the worst ODI team in the world currently, not counting Zim.

Back