Australia vs Bangladesh | 3rd ODI | Darwin | 09/06/2008

12thMan

Senior Test Player
Runs
It is sunny and one way ticket to the blue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGCmk289kYM

Australia: 1 Shane Watson, 2 Shaun Marsh, 3 Michael Clarke (capt), 4 Michael Hussey, 5 David Hussey, 6 Brad Haddin (wk), 7 Cameron White, 8 James Hopes, 9 Mitchell Johnson, 10 Nathan Bracken, 11 Stuart Clark.

Bangladesh 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Junaid Siddique, 3 Mohammad Ashraful (capt), 4 Shakib Al Hasan, 5 Alok Kapali, 6 Dhiman Ghosh (wk), 7 Mahmudullah, 8 Mashrafe Mortaza, 9 Farhad Reza, 10 Abdur Razzak, 11 Shahadat Hossain.

someone won the toss and Australia is batting.

Clarke 5 - Watson 11
Aus 50-1 after 11.2 overs

Last edited:
Farhad Reza is doing well. 4 overs and 9-1. Nashrafe Mortaza 1 overs 21-0
Second power play only 15 runs for Aus
Aus 59-1 after 15 overs

BD bowling very well...........

Aus 91/3 in 28 overs @ 3.25

Last 10 overs... (overs 19 - 28)
Aus 20/2 @ 2.00 - no boundary!!

Last 4 was hit on the 2nd ball of in 13th overs.

this is 34th over....

3rd run out.

Much better from Bangladesh.

Although to be fair, their problem is not in the field where they are usually somewhat consistent and competitive. It is with the bat they have the issues, ironically it is where they have the most talent.

This Australian side is as experienced as this BD side;
Code:
[B]Player  	Mat  	Player  		Mat[/B]
MJ Clarke 	140	Mohammad Ashraful 	128
MEK Hussey 	 93	Mashrafe Mortaza 	 92
NW Bracken 	 92	Abdur Razzak  		 76
SR Watson 	 72	Alok Kapali 		 65
MG Johnson 	 42	Shakib Al Hasan 	 51
SR Clark 	 36	Tamim Iqbal 		 42
JR Hopes 	 36	Shahadat Hossain 	 40
BJ Haddin 	 33	Farhad Reza 		 32
CL White 	 21	Mahmudullah 		 17
SE Marsh 	  8	Dhiman Ghosh 		 14
DJ Hussey 	  5	Junaid Siddique 	  8
[B]Total		578	Total			565[/B]

Here are two Australian team.... ONLY four players common between the two teams...... with only 15-16 months difference;

Code:
[B]20-Apr-07	5-Sep-08[/B]
AC Gilchrist	BJ Haddin 
A Symonds 	CL White 
GB Hogg		DJ Hussey 
GD McGrath	JR Hopes 
[B]MEK Hussey	MEK Hussey [/B]
ML Hayden	MG Johnson 
[B]MJ Clarke	MJ Clarke [/B]
[B]NW Bracken	NW Bracken[/B] 
RT Ponting 	SE Marsh 
SW Tait		SR Clark 
[B]SR Watson 	SR Watson[/B]

Last edited:
PlanetPakistan said:
M Ashraful should be dropped! Enough is enough!

This was their golden chance

I've always felt that he was overhyped. He keeps making the SAME mistakes over and over again.

This is ridiculous performance by Bangladeshi batsmen. Is there any need of them to approach the target in flamboyant manner? Ashraful needs to be dropped from the team ASAP, he might have the potential of being a quality batsman but until he proves it by scoring runs let him play First Class cricket. BD cricket admins are one of the dumbest in cricket atm (besides CA :p). BCCI offered BD team to participate in Indian domestic circuit (I am not saying Indian domestic circuit is the best, but compared to BD we are doing alright) but these knobheads thought their team was too big to participate in some other country's domestic circuit. BD cricket admins have to encourage their lads to play more and more cricket in BD or wherever possible. "Team is still young and learning...." is quite an old excuse and a boring one now! ATM Tamim Iqbal looks like real deal for BD now, but he too is flashy at times.

18 consecutive losses is just ridiculous. One more on cards now....

Terrible batting. If Bangladesh had taken their time, they should have walked this. Getting out to good bowling is one thing, but once again they were undone by naive shots and got themselves out. They're really not learning, are they?

Big Harvey said:
They're really not learning, are they?

Nope. Very, very disappointing effort. A win here would really have boosted their confidence.

I think an ICC threat to review Bangladesh's international status is not unwarranted. They are a joke at the moment.

Savak said:
They are a joke at the moment.

Yeah, even the one time they got into a half decent position, they were still thrashed. Sad.

Bangladesh should have won this match but as per usual their batting was found wanting. Thier skipper been one of the worst culprits!

Bangladesh need to have both their ODI and Test playing status revoked. They are simply HORRIBLE, to say the least.

cars112 said:
Yeah, even the one time they got into a half decent position, they were still thrashed. Sad.

Their batting did improve in the sense that this was their highest score in the series. :19:

Khabri420 said:
Bangladesh need to have both their ODI and Test playing status revoked.

Unfortunately it won't happen. It would be better for both the game of cricket to be spared of such mismatches and also for Bangla themselves, as their learning should not take place at this level. But it won't happen.

Hmmm what to do about Bangladesh?

This one stumps me TBH.

I remember when Sri Lanka came into the Test cricket world and struggled. What they did have was talented batsman and slowly those batsmen stopped all the flashy shots and became world class.

I thought a similar thing would happen with Bangladesh but it is just not happening. The bowling and fielding is improving, getting better as the years go on. They are not an embarassment as a bowling side.

But the batting stays the same, nice shots, pretty shots, no heart no discipline, out for not much.

Can't be the coach, they had Dav Whatmore who coached a WC winning team and Jamie Siddons now who is as well credentialled as any of the Aussie coaches. They change the coach, makes no difference.

Do their batsman play county cricket or Indian domestic? Or even club cricket somewhere competitive?

Random Aussie said:
I remember when Sri Lanka came into the Test cricket world and struggled. What they did have was talented batsman and slowly those batsmen stopped all the flashy shots and became world class.

I thought a similar thing would happen with Bangladesh but it is just not happening.

Sri Lanka had a stronger cricket structure when they were introduced, I think.

Random Aussie said:
Do their batsman play county cricket or Indian domestic? Or even club cricket somewhere competitive?

Don't think so. According to india_fan above, the Bangla board turned down an opportunity to play in India.

And agreed about their bowling and fielding. The fielding is excellent, the bowling is alright though lacking at Test level.

cars112 said:

Don't think so. According to india_fan above, the Bangla board turned down an opportunity to play in India.

And agreed about their bowling and fielding. The fielding is excellent, the bowling is alright though lacking at Test level.

But it is not like Bangladesh is putting batsmen in their team who are not up to it technique wise. From what I have seen they can all hold a bat and play pretty shots. But it is like they bat without thought for the consequences of being dismissed.

The bowling lacks at Test level but you could probably argue that Sri Lanka's bowling lacked a little at Test level in the past. Certainly would if they had not had Murali.

cars112 said:

talk about arrogance

Random Aussie said:
But it is not like Bangladesh is putting batsmen in their team who are not up to it technique wise. From what I have seen they can all hold a bat and play pretty shots. But it is like they bat without thought for the consequences of being dismissed.

I think that's where the importance of a cricket structure comes in. The SL batsmen may have been able to go back to their FC cricket and play long innings, learning to be disciplined with their shot play. The Bangla batsmen have nothing such to lean back on.

Random Aussie said:
The bowling lacks at Test level but you could probably argue that Sri Lanka's bowling lacked a little at Test level in the past. Certainly would if they had not had Murali.

Yeah true, wasn't being necessarily critical, more an observation - as I say their bowling is alright. True about Lanka/Murali as well. Murali and Vaas are the only Lankans to take 100 wickets in Tests. Next is Sanath - with 97 and he was a part timer.

cars112 said:
I think that's where the importance of a cricket structure comes in. The SL batsmen may have been able to go back to their FC cricket and play long innings, learning to be disciplined with their shot play. The Bangla batsmen have nothing such to lean back on.

Good point.

I don't know about others, but BD cricket fans have to be praised for being so patient despite the fact that their team performs worse than the previous one. I think Aussie fans should take a note from these naive BD fans :p

Last edited:
Back