Australia vs South Africa | 2nd Test | Adelaide | 24/11/12 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussies in strong position , if they do not loose any more wickets by close .... they will be on dictating term on Day 4

Can the Yarpies extend Dubya's career to the Ashes?

Kleinveld looking good, castles Cowan's stumps :out

Clarke now, if he gets another ton I'm selling my laptop(not quite)

The wicket has come alive after the first day.

Poniting should call it now. He really looks ugly out there. Actually he's getting uglier day by day.

He wont retire, all our batters have to be pushed out. Lehmann and Martyn the exceptions.

I recall punter saying that he would call it quits before he's pushed out? If he plays the next one he'll equal Steve Waugh's 168 Tests right. Interesting stuff. I suppose only time will tesll. He looks out of sorts though no doubt about that.

Wasn't Martyn a bit of a weird one too.

Not really. But you have to understand he hated the media and therefore refused to give them anything, so they tended to slant articles against him. And he wasnt all that friendly with the other guys in the team. So he just walked away.

I recall punter saying that he would call it quits before he's pushed out? If he plays the next one he'll equal Steve Waugh's 168 Tests right. Interesting stuff. I suppose only time will tesll. He looks out of sorts though no doubt about that.

Well, the way it happens is the selectors say if you keep playing we will drop you, player then decides to retire.

So 12 wickets have fallen on this flat wicket today

Too much time left in this match and Kallis ...

Yeah a draw is the least likely outcome, especially looking at how the wicket is playing now. A result looks highly likely.

How unlucky is Quiney though. Feel sorry for the guy. First Test gets out to a superb catch on the boundary and here got two very good ones early on and nicked them both. Then you have Clarke and Hussey notching up doubles and 100s while playing and missing and having more than a few close calls. How unfair is that lol.

Sid Vicious gooooooonnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee

Will they put a second nightwatchman on lol.

Sid Vicious gooooooonnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeee

Will they put a second nightwatchman on lol.

Steyn has been way below par this series.

Last over. Any more surprises left in the day?

13 wickets down today, on a flat wicket. This day has been about even stevens I reckon. OZ did well to roll the Yarps with a decent lead, but then wasted a chance to bat SA out of the game. Lots of time in this game left for a result and a bit of pressure on the OZ now to get another hundred fifty runs or so by stumps tomorrow.

Last edited:
Pretty pants from the Aussies to do the nightwatchman thing with 6 overs left.

effectively 270/5 is still a great position though.

With Patto gone... anything under 350 and Saf would fancy themselves.

Aus game to loose from here. Lead by 273 with 5 in the bank.

To get anything above 250 in the 4th innings even on this pitch will be tricky. And SA may even end up chasing anything between 350-400 if clarke keeps firing.

Advantage OZ

Interesting. Does it start turning? If so, I still don't see Tahir causing problems.

As you've seen, it doesn't really crumble, it just...does more for the bowlers. Like RA said the bounce gets inconsistent and it obviously takes more turn, but look at the wickets taken today - 3 or 4 from spinners the rest from the pace bowlers. It's a great wicket, Adelaide.

lol I think people forget that even 250 is quite a rare score in the 4th innings.

I think 350 will be more than enough for the Aussies to defend on this wicket. Aus should be able to notch up a lead of around 400 by lunch tomorrow unless something drastic happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back