Babar Azam fans are delusional

ArabKnight

Local Club Regular
Runs
I don’t know why Babar fans keep thinking that we’re gonna qualify for the SF. We just won against Bangladesh. Worst team in the tournament. After a 4 match loosing streak. A streak that has never happened to Pakistan in the WC. We lost to the South Africans in the WC after 20+ years. We lost to the Afghanis in Chennai for the first time in ODIs. These fans are delusional if they think Pakistan is gonna qualify for the SFs. Not only that, but win the cup. 🏆

They are staying up all night, scrambling permutations, calculating NRRs, doing clown work. They want Pakistan to win 2 more against NZ & ENG. Beat each of them by 100 runs each. And hope pathetic SL will win against NZ in the midst. Haha! 🤣

Pakistan ain’t winning this time. They can only win against NL, SL, BD. The weakest teams of the tournament. What a clown show this WC has been with these crazy fans hyping up this looser team.

Babar Azam is a terrible captain and he messed up this team. Selection of fringe players, ignoring deserving players, timid attitude, poor competitiveness. NZ is gonna look over to walk over PAK this Saturday.

Yea man. Fakhar Zaman could hit a big ton, 130 runs or whatever. But that still wouldn’t be enough because Babar will kill the Pakistan innings with slow TukTuk batting & failing against spin. Satner could take Babar’s wicket in 2/3 overs if he tries. Kane is a clever assassin and he knows that it’s a near elimination match. All Kane has to do is get Fakhar out and keep Babar on the crease. Easy game for NZ.

Pakistan should pack their bags to Lahore. The campaign is coming to an end. Hopefully the end of Babar captaincy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know why Babar fans keep thinking that we’re gonna qualify for the SF. We just won against Bangladesh. Worst team in the tournament. After a 4 match loosing streak. A streak that has never happened to Pakistan in the WC. We lost to the South Africans in the WC after 20+ years. We lost to the Afghanis in Chennai for the first time in ODIs. These fans are delusional if they think Pakistan is gonna qualify for the SFs. Not only that, but win the cup. 🏆

They are staying up all night, scrambling permutations, calculating NRRs, doing clown work. They want Pakistan to win 2 more against NZ & ENG. Beat each of them by 100 runs each. And hope pathetic SL will win against NZ in the midst. Haha! 🤣

Pakistan ain’t winning this time. They can only win against NL, SL, BD. The weakest teams of the tournament. What a clown show this WC has been with these crazy fans hyping up this looser team.

Babar Azam is a terrible captain and he messed up this team. Selection of fringe players, ignoring deserving players, timid attitude, poor competitiveness. NZ is gonna look over to walk over PAK this Friday.

Yea man. Fakhar Zaman could hit a big ton, 130 runs or whatever. But that still wouldn’t be enough because Babar will kill the Pakistan innings with slow TukTuk batting & failing against spin. Satner could take Babar’s wicket in 2/3 overs if he tries. Kane is a clever assassin and he knows that it’s a near elimination match. All Kane has to do is get Fakhar out and keep Babar on the crease. Easy game for NZ.

Pakistan should pack their bags to Lahore. The campaign is coming to an end. Hopefully the end of Babar captaincy.

I'm not a Babar fan but a Pakistani fan and I can feel the change in the atmosphere. Trust me something special is possible now.

Babar Azam is a terrible captain and he messed up this team. Selection of fringe players, ignoring deserving players, timid attitude, poor competitiveness. NZ is gonna look over to walk over PAK this Friday.

Already said fans are doing hangover level math.

Tbf, Pakistan has a chance and theirs a reason for it.

Nz bowlers are injured now, they got no one, they'll be forced to bowl with sodhi, Ravindra and Philips for a while, 30 overs to useless. So it's possible for am upset.

But nz losing to Sri Lanka is unlikely in general

I'm not a Babar fan but a Pakistani fan and I can feel the change in the atmosphere. Trust me something special is possible now.
What change in atmosphere? We just went back to our old ways? After they realised that pur opening in odi is as crap as pur t20 opening.

Our approach was always Fakhar Help Me. Lol.

We can beat NZ because all their bowlers got injured so kudos on beating me on the bet, even though I didn't predict EVERY ONE GETTING INJURED .

and we'll beat England.

But sf and final, just hope for fakhar miracles ig

The team is still in shambles, its just fakhar who hand holds 24/7 when he's fit. That's the only difference lol 😂😂, oh and Abdullah compliments fakhar better then imam, but Abdullah still needs the fakhar hand holding like babar.

Already said fans are doing hangover level math.

Tbf, Pakistan has a chance and theirs a reason for it.

Nz bowlers are injured now, they got no one, they'll be forced to bowl with sodhi, Ravindra and Philips for a while, 30 overs to useless. So it's possible for am upset.

But nz losing to Sri Lanka is unlikely in general
NZ had 3 matches on the trot against three of the strongest sides it torpedoed their run. If i were NZ team i would consider them as expected losses and proceed with the campaign. Unfortunately injury has severely set them back. Why are they keeping this dude Kane in the camp if he is not going tplay

NZ had 3 matches on the trot against three of the strongest sides it torpedoed their run. If i were NZ team i would consider them as expected losses and proceed with the campaign. Unfortunately injury has severely set them back. Why are they keeping this dude Kane in the camp if he is not going tplay
He was meant to play earlier on until that freak accident happened that broke his hand. I think he’ll return next game.

What change in atmosphere? We just went back to our old ways? After they realised that pur opening in odi is as crap as pur t20 opening.

Our approach was always Fakhar Help Me. Lol.

We can beat NZ because all their bowlers got injured so kudos on beating me on the bet, even though I didn't predict EVERY ONE GETTING INJURED .

and we'll beat England.

But sf and final, just hope for fakhar miracles ig

The team is still in shambles, it’s just fakhar who hand holds 24/7 when he's fit. That's the only difference lol 😂😂, oh and Abdullah compliments fakhar better then imam, but Abdullah still needs the fakhar hand holding like babar.
All these Babar fans are asking Fakhar for 200 run victories and chasing in 20 overs.

Few days ago they said Fakhar was washed & needs to be dropped. They actually wanted people like Imam and Azhar opening over Fakhar.

Ahhhhhhh, how does the tables turn. In the future, they will be crying for Sharjeel Khan to hit double hundreds but not ask Babar to step up his game one bit.

Ahhhhhhh, how does the tables turn. In the future, they will be crying for Sharjeel Khan to hit double hundreds but not ask Babar to step up his game one bit.
I get it now, you’re a Sharjeel Khan fan 😂

The corrupt, spot fixing, out of shape, leg side hack is not gonna be the guy that we will be crying out for.

I don’t know about delusional but I feel NZ have run out of steam especially with their piling injuries
That’s a myth. They’re gonna field a near-full strength XI against Pakistan.

Weird thread & weird mindset by so many posters - what's wrong if some of us don't lose hope till we're officially out? The time to reflect and make changes is either before or after the tournament, not during it - so while we're in it, we want the team to give the best fight they can till the very end.

We're watching all games because it's interesting since so many teams are competing for the same spot. The reality is, we want the team to do the best they can, and if that's good enough for the semifinals then we're one of the top 4 teams at the tournament - and if not, like the last WC - we'll go home and reflect.

But now - I want the team to give their all - play smart cricket and be aware of what's required of qualification. Finishing 5th or finishing 8th are all the same to me. What matters is qualification for semis - and until we have a mathematical shot I want the team to try. I do not like to give up in the middle of a game/sport myself, so I do not like to see it when others who I am rooting for adopt that kind of mindset too. Let's go Pakistannnn! Beat NZ BIG!

Because these are Pakistani fans, not babar fans.

Every Pakistani has hope no matter who is leading the side. You have to be one big hater of the team to hope that the team doesn qualify for semi finals because your favourites are not playing.

If you dont want to support the team than dont. Atleast refrain from making threads or bashing the posters that hope well for there team.

I am a Babar fan. He is the 1st decent batter we have produced this century. He is easy on the eye and IA he will get his confidence back. His weakness of playing any decent spin is a big negative and for a guy that is so hard nosed about statistics and records, its embarrassing that he hasn't worked on it.

Because these are Pakistani fans, not babar fans.

Every Pakistani has hope no matter who is leading the side. You have to be one big hater of the team to hope that the team doesn qualify for semi finals because your favourites are not playing.

If you dont want to support the team than dont. Atleast refrain from making threads or bashing the posters that hope well for there team.
If you were Pakistan fans, you would be supporting inclusion of deserved players not nepotistic players.

Looks like Pak beating Ban and SA beating NZ has touched a chord with you.....

If you were Pakistan fans, you would be supporting inclusion of deserved players not nepotistic players.

The point they're trying to make is that the squad and XI have been selected. Nothing can be done about that now. Best we can do is support the team as is. And if you don't want to do that, then don't. But stop berating others for supporting the team because it doesn't align with your agenda.

If you were a Pakistani fan you would support Sharjeel Khan being in prison for ruining the integrity of the game.

Looks like Pak beating Ban and SA beating NZ has touched a chord with you.....
So ignore the 4 continuous losses.

Bangladesh is a depleted team. They only won 1 game this WC. Nothing to celebrate wildly about. Easy to beat them these days. Easier than NL.

so you want Pakistan to lose because your favorite is not playing.

So ignore the 4 continuous losses.

Bangladesh is a depleted team. They only won 1 game this WC. Nothing to celebrate wildly about. Easy to beat them these days. Easier than NL.
I'm not celebrating the Bangladesh win. But you on the other hand seem to be downgrading it massively lol.

If you were a Pakistani fan you would support Sharjeel Khan being in prison for ruining the integrity of the game.
Ruining integrity by doing what? He didn’t even fix. He just had a bat grip. He was forced to admit guilty by the PCB. Bogus case.

I will support Pakistan untill we are officially out call me mad or what ik babar is terrible captain still i want him to win for pakistan because thats what brings me the joy. if we lose we will reflect right now just for once stop with agendas and back your team. iam sensing Pakistan thrashing Nz and eng to reach semis . highly unlikely due to rain and stuff but still i will support.

Babar Azam is a terrible captain and he messed up this team. Selection of fringe players, ignoring deserving players, timid attitude, poor competitiveness. NZ is gonna look over to walk over PAK this Saturday.

Even in the last ODI WC, me and many like myself were hoping for a miracle after we lost 3 games and 1 game was washed out. It wasn't Babar's team then.

Even in that team, you carried pathetic cricketers like Shoaib Malik who had numbers worse than a tail ender in England.
Rizwan and Abid Ali were ignored even though they had made centuries in the series against Australia leading upto that WC.

Haris Sohail was benched in our defeats against India and Australia and Shoaib Malik was preferred. When Haris Sohail did come back, he won us games against South Africa and New Zealand.

See I am a big Babar fan myself, but this is not about supporting him, its about supporting PAKISTAN. No matter who is leading the team.

It was the case in the last World Cup, its again the case in this World Cup.

Ruining integrity by doing what? He didn’t even fix. He just had a bat grip. He was forced to admit guilty by the PCB. Bogus case.
he fixed, he admitted he was doing spot fixing.

He himself admitted to his crime. And i hope he never plays for Pakistan again.

So this thread exist because a spot fixer never got to play for Pakistan, so Pakistan should lose the world cup.

Good logic.

I like Babar the batter, I think he's great to watch when he's on song.

But at times I feel he bats for himself and his ranking and average ahead of the team.

I also think he's a very poor captain, who has not improved as a captain at all.

I also find it strange how some folk won't accept any criticism of him, as if nobody is allowed to criticise him.

he fixed, he admitted he was doing spot fixing.

He himself admitted to his crime. And i hope he never plays for Pakistan again.

So this thread exist because a spot fixer never got to play for Pakistan, so Pakistan should lose the world cup.

Good logic.
He was threatened to be banned forever. Of course, he admitted guilt to get a lighter sentence.

Let’s see you are punished to life imprisonment. If you admit guilt, you get only 3 years. What do you do smart guy?

Wouldn't it be awesome if 4 teams end up with 10 points, Aus/Pak/Afg and NZ and it will come down to NRR.

Will support and hope for the best till we are officially out.

I dont care if Fakhar scores , Babar scores or Chacha scores.

I don't care who gets the wickets.

I don't care if the opposition has injures. I hope we batter them.

I just want us to win. I want to feel the joy. I want the wrist slitters to have slit so much there is nothing else.

He was threatened to be banned forever. Of course, he admitted guilt to get a lighter sentence.

Let’s see you are punished to life imprisonment. If you admit guilt, you get only 3 years. What do you do smart guy?
Yeah true. PCB was trying to jeopardize it's own league by accusing some cricketers of spot fixing. And banning an opener who had more or less cemented his place in all 3 formats.

Such a waste of a cricket board.

See me and many like myself belief you should be able to continue your life ONCE you have served your punishment but saying the guilty party never committed anything wrong is just plain stupid.

this is not how it works in the real world. These are fantasies.

If you admit to a crime, you committed that crime. He admitted to it.

Also, no one can threaten him with a ban forever without any proof. That is just a very childish thing to say. The high court handles the appeals for such crime and he had the option to appeal if he was innocent.

I think, instead of wasting your time arguing about a mans crime, why not learn how the justice system works with appeals.

Will support and hope for the best till we are officially out.

I dont care if Fakhar scores , Babar scores or Chacha scores.

I don't care who gets the wickets.

I don't care if the opposition has injures. I hope we batter them.

I just want us to win. I want to feel the joy. I want the wrist slitters to have slit so much there is nothing else.
thats how sports work. You keep hoping. There will be 9 losers and 1 winner, and each time we won, we won based on hope. We were never the best team each time we won an icc tournament, but did that matter? nope.

Babar might be a terrible captain, but the next world cup is 4 years after, i would still want him to win this one no matter how bad he is.

Warning!

Plz refrain from personal attacks guys and if you don't have anything relevant to discuss on the topic, please consider not posting.

Cannot wait for the PCB to brutally axe him as captain. The most frustrating captain and person to put up with. He has made me miss Misbah which is really saying something

Cannot wait for the PCB to brutally axe him as captain. The most frustrating captain and person to put up with. He has made me miss Misbah which is really saying something
The PCB needs a complete overhaul.

New chairman
New CEO
New chief selector
New head coach
New batting coach
New bowling coach
New captain
Etc.

Babar Azam has been very much responsible for this failure. There is no one that knows how to bowl. This is the dark day where we have only part timers spinning. Not even all rounders. Part timers. This is a farce.

He’s a bang average player too to alongside his shocking captaincy.

He’s feasted on minnows like Zimbabwe and West Indies to boost his stats

Has always been a stat paddler and he will show it again today when chasing 400 runs. He a weak timid character and always cracks under pressure.

It’s like one of those South Korean pop band cults.

They’re actually comparing him to Imran Khan as a captain on SM. I’ve never seen such a fan following for a weak, defensive captain that struggles to play spin and clear the boundaries at will.

Being a fan of Pakistan cricket and Babar Azam is a contradiction.

If you are a well wisher of Pakistan cricket than you can not support Babar Azam as his success is Pakistan's downfall

Williamson just got out on 95 trying to hit a 6. If babar was in the same position he would have nurdled his was to a 100 that’s the difference and this pathetic mindset playing for yourself and stat paddling is imbedded in the rest of the team.

Cant wait for Babar “Zabardasti Ka Kaptaan” Azam’s sacking.

Why focus on Babar fans only?

Pakistani fans in general are the most delusional fans in the world and no one comes close.

I have been saying this since 2012 and I will continue to say this.

Pakistani fans in general are the most delusional fans in the world and no one comes close.

Spot on Ive been saying this since 2009

There’s actually a lot of good & graceful Pakistanis out there who understand the game deeply.

Unfortunately they get silenced & laughed at by the crowds.

I've said this before and will say this again.

This is Babar's squad.
These are the selections he wanted.

The fact that things have gone so wrong, he has to take full responsibility.

I've said this before and will say this again.

This is Babar's squad.
These are the selections he wanted.

The fact that things have gone so wrong, he has to take full responsibility.

There has to be full scale accountability for the performances. Babar being axed as captain and dropped from the team for a bit with instructions to improve his strength training and power hitting to be selected for Pakistan's limited overs team going forward. He needs to be sent the message that he is not indispensable.

Also PCB needs to suspend issuing Nocs for all T20 leagues for the next few years till the players in question have participated in a full domestic season back home in Pakistan

babar fans are one of the reasons babar annoys me, which is wrong. he is still one of our best batsmen but babar fans are cringe beyond belief, have wholesale imported indian celebroworship, and cannot hear a word said against their "king".

its infantile, annoying, and unconstructive, babar has been one of our worst players over the last two icc comps. he really needs to go away and think about what he wants from his career, cos at the moment his limited overs career is essentially thousands of meaningless runs.

this does not in any way detract from the fact that he is still one of our most important batsman.

As per reports, Babar contemplating on resigning from white ball captaincy.

Babar needs to resign and concentrate on his batting. He needs to open and play his game and score the volume of runs needed. He needs to let go and not worry about stats or the team, he needs to play. His strength is that when we chase, he normally gets the pace right but struggles when we bat 1st to calibrate a total

Babar needs to resign and concentrate on his batting. He needs to open and play his game and score the volume of runs needed. He needs to let go and not worry about stats or the team, he needs to play. His strength is that when we chase, he normally gets the pace right but struggles when we bat 1st to calibrate a total

How can a batter like him have never made a double century in ODI?

He needs to concentrate on his batting now.

There has to be full scale accountability for the performances. Babar being axed as captain and dropped from the team for a bit with instructions to improve his strength training and power hitting to be selected for Pakistan's limited overs team going forward. He needs to be sent the message that he is not indispensable.

Also PCB needs to suspend issuing Nocs for all T20 leagues for the next few years till the players in question have participated in a full domestic season back home in Pakistan
Yeah drop Babar

Bring in an unproven nobody like Saim Ayub instead who scored runs for fun in the most competitive league in the world- CPL. West Indies cant even qualify for the World Cup but we will use their league as a benchmark for our national team selection. Very good

You need to understand people react differently to situations. Not everyone is the same

If you drop Babar and he loses the wish to play for Pakistan because of toxic fans, then who is to be blamed for us losing the greatest batsman of his generation?

Babar needs to improve power hitting? Williamson was the MVP of the last World Cup, how much power hitting does he have?

Babar is a master at finding gaps. His Strike Rate is 90 I think. Still you want more?

I guess you deserve Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal, Ahmad Shahzad, Asad Shafiq, Umar Amin, Fawad Alam, Azhar Ali, Geedar ul Haq in your ODI team.

The rubbish that took us to number 9 in the ODI ranking till Babar came along.

Thankless people

I don't mind supporting and praising players but some fans just will not hear or accept even constructive criticism of their favourites, which is ridiculous.

No player is above criticism.

Artificial brand building is what going to hurt him more. Kohli's brand happened automatically. That too not early in his career. it took a while. Babar's PR machinery is trying to build a brand for him. They hope constantly bombarding social media with stats, ranking, "king babar" reference would make this narrative stick. There is a reason for that. Being the no.1 batsman of Pakistan he picked up a number of endorsements. Atleast 15 sponsors right now. They will handle all the PR work. Because the sponsors depend on their client's popularity. He is going to focus a lot on stat padding. Not like he is capable of batting like ABDV. But he will try to do what he can to stay relevant.

Yeah drop Babar

Bring in an unproven nobody like Saim Ayub instead who scored runs for fun in the most competitive league in the world- CPL. West Indies cant even qualify for the World Cup but we will use their league as a benchmark for our national team selection. Very good
CPL benchmark is not worse than using a benchmark for scoring heavily against depleted B teams.

Yeah drop Babar

You need to understand people react differently to situations. Not everyone is the same

If you drop Babar and he loses the wish to play for Pakistan because of toxic fans, then who is to be blamed for us losing the greatest batsman of his generation?

Babar needs to improve power hitting? Williamson was the MVP of the last World Cup, how much power hitting does he have?

Babar is a master at finding gaps. His Strike Rate is 90 I think. Still you want more?

I guess you deserve Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal, Ahmad Shahzad, Asad Shafiq, Umar Amin, Fawad Alam, Azhar Ali, Geedar ul Haq in your ODI team.

Thankless people
You are being harsh on Saim Ayub. The guy hasn't just scored in the CPL but has also performed exceptionally in the domestic tournaments.

Though I agree with most of the other things you have mentioned in your posts. Pakistan fans are being fickle. They have forgotten the dark days of Misbah era.

How can a batter like him have never made a double century in ODI?

He needs to concentrate on his batting now.
It's a failure. Babar is the best battery we have produced this century but his play of spin is awful. It shouldn't be and its holding him back. Let him open and take control and play like he can

I don't mind supporting and praising players but some fans just will not hear or accept even constructive criticism of their favourites, which is ridiculous.

No player is above criticism.
Dosti yarri without an iota of evidence is not termed constructive criticism.

Why can't we accept that these were the best 15 players? Literally No one was hard done by not being selected.

Unlike previous World Cups that had many senseless selections. Picking Shoaib Malik in 2019 costed us a semi-final spot when his record in England suggested he was bound to fail.

Babar the batsman is the Greatest of his Generation. Preserve him. Save him. Treat him with respect.

Do criticize but being personal and questioning his character is not doing anyone any good.

Dosti yarri. Dosti yarri without an iota of evidence is not termed constructive criticism.

Why can't we accept that these were the best 15 players? Literally No one was hard done by not being selected.
Abrar should've been in the 15 at least. He's nothing special but more of a spinner than Shadab who served more pies than Greggs in last 4 years.

Imad should've also played ahead of Nawaz. I admit I supported his exclusion but the World Cup showed again Nawaz's flakiness under pressure.

I agree with the overall point there aren't any worldbeaters in our lousy domestic cricket. However there's some merit to the argument Babar's become too close to players in his social circle.

Everyone here can relate to how hard it is being objective about your close friends. A captain must therefore maintain some distance from the boys.

Babar should have selected another spinner instead of Shadab before the World Cup and also selected a few attacking experienced middle order batsmen like Umar Akmal and Haris Sohail because the team lackedsome extra firepower in the middle order.

Too much friendship meant players get a free ride despite under performance I mean look how long it took to finally drop Imam and still despite Shadabs atrocious stats in the past year in ODIs he might still be selected in the future.

Such decisions cost yourself and the team the chance to make the knockouts especially in this World Cup in what should be favourable conditions.

Abrar should've been in the 15 at least. He's nothing special but more of a spinner than Shadab who served more pies than Greggs in last 4 years.

Imad should've also played ahead of Nawaz. I admit I supported his exclusion but the World Cup showed again Nawaz's flakiness under pressure.

I agree with the overall point there aren't any worldbeaters in our lousy domestic cricket. However there's some merit to the argument Babar's become too close to players in his social circle.

Everyone here can relate to how hard it is being objective about your close friends. A captain must therefore maintain some distance from the boys.
I also feel not picking Abrar has been our undoing in this World Cup

But Shadab and Nawaz had to be picked. Both give you batting depth- same reason Shardul was playing and Shami was on the bench just 2 weeks ago

And what Usama had done in the PSL. If he was not there, there would have been equal if not more criticism for not selecting him

But lesson learnt, PSL performance does not necessarily mean the player is going to perform in ODI Cricket as well

Imad's place was NOT taken by Nawaz. It was taken by Iftikhar/Salman Agha.
Batsmen who will give you some overs as well

Imad batting at 8 would have been a waste and made no difference. Plus Nawaz was the superior bowler in this year's PSL as well. Imad was miles ahead in batting

I also feel not picking Abrar has been our undoing in this World Cup

But Shadab and Nawaz had to be picked. Both give you batting depth- same reason Shardul was playing and Shami was on the bench just 2 weeks ago

And what Usama had done in the PSL. If he was not there, there would have been equal if not more criticism for not selecting him

But lesson learnt, PSL performance does not necessarily mean the player is going to perform in ODI Cricket as well

Imad's place was NOT taken by Nawaz. It was taken by Iftikhar/Salman Agha.
Batsmen who will give you some overs as well

Imad batting at 8 would have been a waste and made no difference. Plus Nawaz was the superior bowler in this year's PSL as well. Imad was miles ahead in batting
You should’ve recommended him before we got eliminated. 😂 😆 🤣

Or at least before the loss against Australia.

To the OP and all the Babar haters, my msg to u remains the same .. u r soon going to find out who is the best batsman down under

These days too many fans get excited by averages and ratings and numbers against weaker opposition.

I still class Babar a world-class batter, but people need to open their eyes to more than just averages and rankings of players.

Yeah drop Babar

Thankless people

Agreed with most of that post. It’s so lame to even ask for Babar to be dropped.
But, it’s not just CPL. Saim has also done well in domestic tournaments like PSL, QEA, and Pak cup. The lad just scored a double century in FC final, and he is now leading the Pak Cup run charts with exceptional strike rate of 125 in ODIs. So he should be in the mix for those reasons.

This World Cup was a brutal reality check for delusional Babar fans but reality checks are no good when you don’t learn your lessons.

Babar is a very good batsman and there is no doubt at all. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

However, he is not as good as his fans think. Nowhere near.

The problem is not Babar but his delusional fans who overhype him to the moon and beyond.

Babar didn’t ask to be compared to players like Kohli who are in a different league and always will be. Babar simply doesn’t have his ability and there is no shame in that. Kohli is a great among greats.

Same goes for someone like Rohit in white ball cricket. Completely different level that Babar can’t match. Rohit plays shots and hits sixes that Babar will never be able to play.

Babar’s biggest enemies are not his critics but his deluded fans who invite criticism and put him in a vulnerable position because of overhyping him.

He is not the best batsman in the world and probably never will be. He will never be the best batsman of his generation. Every top team has a few batsmen who are better than him.

Babar never asked to be compared to players who will always be superior than him. He never asked for the King moniker to rival Kohli and he never asked to be compared to the some of the greatest batsmen to ever walk on this earth.

It appears that him being a very good batsman is not good enough for his deluded fans who will try and force the narrative that he is the best in the world when he is clearly not and never will be, and when you force a false narrative you will eventually get exposed and face humiliation.

It is time for Babar fans to pipe down and stop making noise because Babar is not good enough to match your hype.

Babar’s performance is not the problem; the problem is that there is a gap between what the fans expect from him and what he is capable of, and this gap needs to be bridged.

Babar cannot increase his ability or take his game to the next level because he doesn’t have it in him, so the solution is to lower your expectations and have some mercy on him by not comparing him to players outside his league.

This World Cup was a brutal reality check for delusional Babar fans but reality checks are no good when you don’t learn your lessons.

Babar is a very good batsman and there is no doubt at all. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

The problem is not Babar but his delusional fans who overhype him to the moon and beyond.

Babar didn’t ask to be compared to players like Kohli who are in a different league and always will be. Babar simply doesn’t have his ability and there is no shame in that. Kohli is a great among greats.

Same goes for someone like Rohit in white ball cricket. Completely different level that Babar can’t match. Rohit plays shots and hits sixes that Babar will never be able to play.

Babar’s biggest enemies are not his critics but his deluded fans who invite criticism and put him in a vulnerable position because of overhyping him.

He is not the best batsman in the world and probably never will be. He will never be the best batsman of his generation. Every top team has a few batsmen who are better than him.

Babar never asked to be compared to players who will always be superior than him. He never asked for the King moniker to rival Kohli and he never asked to be compared to the some of the greatest batsmen to ever walk on this earth.

It appears that him being a very good batsman is not good enough for his deluded fans who will try and force the narrative that he is the best in the world when he is clearly not and never will be, and when you force a false narrative you will eventually get exposed and face humiliation.

It is time for Babar fans to pipe down and stop making noise because Babar is not good enough to match your hype.

Babar’s performance is not the problem; the problem is that there is a gap between what the fans expect from him and what he is capable of, and this gap needs to be bridged.

Babar cannot increase his ability or take his game to the next level because he doesn’t have it in him, so the solution is to lower your expectations and have some mercy on him by not comparing him to players outside his league.
Babar did not ask his fans to say these things but he definitely rode the wave and started to actually believe that these claims had merit.

I’m a fan of Babar but not to the affect I don’t criticise him especially his captaincy, but to truly be one of the best you have to play the big teams regularly, India, England, Australia, New Zealand play long series with each other that we don’t, if your always playing the minows your not going to improve to a high standard

Babar did not ask his fans to say these things but he definitely rode the wave and started to actually believe that these claims had merit.
His PR team capitalized on it for sure, and Rameez Raja is also to be blamed because he was obsessed with Babar’s brand building and projecting him as Pakistan’s answer to Kohli.

I would never forget how many sports journalists and fans were calling for his head and wanted him to be dropped from the t20 team so that Fakhar and Sharjeel could open. Babar had been scoring at a run-a-ball in the first 2 t20s

This is during our away tour to South Africa in 2021

What does he do in the next match? Scores 122 off 59 chasing 200 plus. Silences everyone.

In ODIs, there are multiple innings where Babar has single handedly won the match for Pakistan. The guy is a 2 time ODI Cricketer of the Year and has remained number 1 for the longest time.

In tests, Kohli cannot dream of making 196 in the 4th innings to save a test match.
The way Babar played Steyn in the 2018-19 away test series in South Africa showed his class. Has a hundred in Australia as well.
But the most underrated innings is how he batted with Naseem Shah to put up a decent score against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka when wickets around him kept falling.

Why do you consider Virat Kohli superior? Because he scores in bilaterals? Then when Babar scores in bilaterals, you make the argument that bilaterals are useless

Virat Kohli has not won a SINGLE ICC tournament on his own. Was a beast in ODIs from 2014 to 2019 but the 3 most important ODI Matches India played during this time

2015 WC semi vs Australia
2017 CT final vs Pakistan
2019 WC semi vs New Zealand

Got out on single figures in all 3 matches and India lost all 3. All 3 were run-chases as well- so much for being the chase master.

I would never forget how many sports journalists and fans were calling for his head and wanted him to be dropped from the t20 team so that Fakhar and Sharjeel could open. Babar had been scoring at a run-a-ball in the first 2 t20s

What does he do in the next match? Scores 122 off 59 chasing 200 plus. Silences everyone.

In ODIs, there are multiple innings where Babar has single handedly won the match for Pakistan. The guy is a 2 time ODI Cricketer of the Year and has remained number 1 for the longest time.

In tests, Kohli cannot dream of making 196 in the 4th innings to save a test match.
The way Babar played Steyn in the 2018-19 away test series in South Africa showed his class. Has a hundred in Australia as well.
But the most underrated innings is how he batted with Naseem Shah to put up a decent score against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka when wickets around him kept falling.

Why do you consider Virat Kohli superior? Because he scores in bilaterals? Then when Babar scores in bilaterals, you make the argument that bilaterals are useless

Virat Kohli has not won a SINGLE ICC tournament on his own. Was a beast in ODIs from 2014 to 2019 but the 3 most important ODI Matches India played during this time

Got out on single figures in all 3 matches and India lost all 3. All 3 were run-chases as well- so much for being the chase master.
Good to see that though Pakistan are out, you are not down and out :dhoni

“Why do you consider Kohli superior” 🤣🤣

It seems like Babar fans will never learn. The delusion and hollow arrogance is still there.

This World Cup should have been humbling experience but some people will never learn.

There a million reasons why Kohli is superior and I can go on all day since I don’t have all day and neither do you, let me outline a few reasons:

Kohli has played innings across formats that Babar cannot even dream of. Kohli’s innings at the MCG against Pakistan last year in T20 World Cup is bigger than Babar’s entire career.

Babar would never win a match for his team in that situation in a billion years. Never.

The way Kohli has chased big totals across his career is far and beyond Babar. The only reason Babar has remained number 1 in ODIs in the last two years is because he has pretty much played every single ODI while Kohli regularly sits out because India rotates its squad.

In a level playing fielding with both playing in the same conditions and same bowlers, Kohli at 35 is still proving himself to be vastly superior.

This is why he outperformed in the last 4 tournaments that they played together: Asia Cup 2022, T20 World Cup 2022, Asia Cup 2023 and World Cup 2023.

If Babar was as good as his fans think, he would have showed it in the last two World Cups. Babar is a product of fake hype. He plays every single match against B and C attacks on flat wickets and accumulates ranking points.

Babar is 29 and he has only 1 Test century outside Asia. He is a nobody in Test cricket. Kohli averaged 70+ on pitches that turn from the first session where the likes of Ashwin and Jadeja average 19-20. Babar on such pitches would not average more than 35. He is very ordinary against spin.

23 year old Kohli owned prime chucking Ajmal to score 183 in an ODI. Prime Babar would not last an over against prime chucking Ajmal.

Dale Steyn? Babar hit a few crisp boundaries against a washed up Steyn in 2019 without a single century while young Kohli scored a century against prime Steyn and Philander in 2013.

Babar at the same age couldn’t score a run vs Australia in 2016. Kohli scored a century in his first tour of Australia in 2012.

Babar has zero presence, zero character and zero gravitas when compared to Kohli. Put both in the same batting lineup and no one would even look at Babar as the main batsman and this is something that Babar fans know but will not admit because it hurts their ego.

Every single Babar fan will swap Babar and Kohli’s careers in a heartbeat and they will even swap their batting skills today in spite of all the best this and that delusion.

“Why do you consider Kohli superior” 🤣🤣

It seems like Babar fans will never learn. The delusion and hollow arrogance is still there.

This World Cup should have been humbling experience but some people will never learn.

There a million reasons why Kohli is superior and I can go on all day since I don’t have all day and neither do you, let me outline a few reasons:

Kohli has played innings across formats that Babar cannot even dream of. Kohli’s innings at the MCG against Pakistan last year in T20 World Cup is bigger than Babar’s entire career.

Babar would never win a match for his team in that situation in a billion years. Never.

The way Kohli has chased big totals across his career is far and beyond Babar. The only reason Babar has remained number 1 in ODIs in the last two years is because he has pretty much played every single ODI while Kohli regularly sits out because India rotates its squad.

In a level playing fielding with both playing in the same conditions and same bowlers, Kohli at 35 is still proving himself to be vastly superior.

This is why he outperformed in the last 4 tournaments that they played together: Asia Cup 2022, T20 World Cup 2022, Asia Cup 2023 and World Cup 2023.

If Babar was as good as his fans think, he would have showed it in the last two World Cups. Babar is a product of fake hype. He plays every single match against B and C attacks on flat wickets and accumulates ranking points.

Babar is 29 and he has only 1 Test century outside Asia. He is a nobody in Test cricket. Kohli averaged 70+ on pitches that turn from the first session where the likes of Ashwin and Jadeja average 19-20. Babar on such pitches would not average more than 35. He is very ordinary against spin.

23 year old Kohli owned prime chucking Ajmal to score 183 in an ODI. Prime Babar would not last an over against prime chucking Ajmal.

Dale Steyn? Babar hit a few crisp boundaries against a washed up Steyn in 2019 without a single century while young Kohli scored a century against prime Steyn and Philander in 2013.

Babar at the same age couldn’t score a run vs Australia in 2016. Kohli scored a century in his first tour of Australia in 2012.

Babar has zero presence, zero character and zero gravitas when compared to Kohli. Put both in the same batting lineup and no one would even look at Babar as the main batsman and this is something that Babar fans know but will not admit because it hurts their ego.

Every single Babar fan will swap Babar and Kohli’s careers in a heartbeat and they will even swap their batting skills today in spite of all the best this and that delusion.
If Virat is so superior, why do you have to distort facts in order to prove that?

Virat Kohli averages 38 not 70 in tests in India in the last 4 years- when they have been making pitches that turn from day 1. When Ashwin and Jadeja have started averaging 19-20

Babar being compared to Virat Kohli is testament to how much Babar has already achieved and will continue to achieve InshAllah

I remember the time when we had Akmal, Shahzad, Umar Amin, Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Gheedar ul Haq playing ODI cricket for us. No wonder we were ranked 9

Babar came as a breath of fresh air. Got us to number 1- doesn't matter how he did it, but this ODI team is far superior than what we had 10 years ago

Slow and steady wins the race. The day toxic fans realize this, they won't be calling for a complete overhaul and would instead back this team
Not picking a genuine spinner has been our undoing in this World Cup and I am sure Babar realizes that- would learn and not repeat the mistake in the future

If Virat is so superior, why do you have to distort facts in order to prove that?

Virat Kohli averages 38 not 70 in tests in India in the last 4 years- when they have been making pitches that turn from day 1. When Ashwin and Jadeja have started averaging 19-20
Only thing distorted is the cricketing knowledge of Babar fans.

Between 2013 and 2019, Kohli averaged 72 in India. In the same period, Ashwin and Jadeja averaged 20 at India with the ball.

On the same pitches, Babar would at best average 35 because he is genuinely circumspect against spin.

The best thing that has happened to Babar’s career so far is no Test matches with India. Ashwin and Jadeja would have destroyed his career.

On the other hand, not playing Pakistan in Tests has certainly hurt Kohli because he would demolished Pakistani bowlers in Test cricket just like he has in white ball cricket.
Babar being compared to Virat Kohli is testament to how much Babar has already achieved and will continue to achieve InshAllah
No, it is a testament the delusion of his fans who compare him to a batsman who is in a different league in terms of talent, skill and mentality. Babar will never be as good as him simply because he is in not in the same category.

As a batsman, Kohli belongs in the upper pantheons of batting greats alongside Sir Viv, Tendulkar, Ponting, Lara etc. Babar is comfortably below that league and always will be because he doesn’t have it in him to be in that league.
I remember the time when we had Akmal, Shahzad, Umar Amin, Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Gheedar ul Haq playing ODI cricket for us. No wonder we were ranked 9
So do I, and not just Babar but also Fakhar and Imam have been a breath of fresh air and are better than pretty much all top order ODI batsmen Pakistan have had in over 15 years.

Babar of course is the best of the lot by a margin and is the best all-format batsman to come out of Pakistan since Yousuf. Between Yousuf’s debut in 1998 and Babar’s debut in 2015, he is the first Pakistani batsman to have the game for all formats.

But apparently, calling him what he is, i.e. a very good batsman is not enough. His fans are adamant that the whole world should see him as the best batsman in the world when he is clearly not even close.

As I say, Babar’s enemies aren’t his critics but his cult fans who set him up for failure by overhyping him to the moon.
Babar came as a breath of fresh air. Got us to number 1- doesn't matter how he did it, but this ODI team is far superior than what we had 10 years ago

Slow and steady wins the race. The day toxic fans realize this, they won't be calling for a complete overhaul and would instead back this team
Not picking a genuine spinner has been our undoing in this World Cup and I am sure Babar realizes that- would learn and not repeat the mistake in the future
There is always an excuse for Pakistani fans because they will not accept that they are not good enough. Abrar of whoever the spin bowling messiah is would not have made any difference just like Naseem’s absence did not make any difference.

If Naseem played and Rauf was injured, I can assure you that we would hear the narrative that if Rauf played, his extra pace and aggression would have added bite to Pakistan’s attack and this and that.

Missing the World Cup was a blessing in disguise for the likes of Naseem and Abrar because they too would have been exposed.

Babar himself let his fans down with the bat. Don’t dump all the blame on his captaincy and selection and other factors. His fans wouldn’t shut up about how he is the best this and that but he clearly fell well below the expectations in this World Cup.

Back