[PICTURES/VIDEOS] What now for Babar Azam?

Let alone a nobody like Kholi, King Bob has never outscored even his PR team.

All records would have been broken if they could also bat for him.
:inti

Pakistan High Performance Coach Tim Nielsen addressed a press conference after day 4 of the 1st Test between England and Pakistan:

"Yeah, it's a concern for him. He's [Babar Azam] very aware of it. People are obviously talking about it a lot. The interesting part, I think, is that he continually gets to 20, 30, even 40 at times, and then is getting out. To get through the start of your innings and make 30 or 40 runs suggests that there's not too much of a technical problem. You're able to cope with the fast bowlers or the spinners. So maybe just being clearer in his mind, being able to move through the gears of his innings at the moment is more difficult for him than it has been in the past."

"I expect opposition bowlers and teams have become more aware of how he likes to score, so they are bowling differently to him and have different fields for him. These are the challenges of an elite player—going from being one of the world's best, going through a tough time, and then working back to where he wants to be. He's working very hard. He's fit, he's motivated, and he's working hard. So I'm sure, in time, he will find that magic again and start making significant runs for Pakistan."

Babar Azam has scored 366 runs in his last 18 Test innings in last 2 years. That's an average of 20.3333333333333.....
Not even a single 50 since Jan 23.

Scary part is, this is his record playing on the flattest roads possible, mostly against minnows or second string attacks. The guy has been exposed and not even his PR team can save this now.

Most overhyped player of 21st century.

King of soft runs but when there is little pressure on him he failed badly .

This isn’t the Sachin Tendulkar thread.
I know this is not SRT thread but King Bobby that why i said he is most overhyped player of 21st century.

His delusion fan are even bigger culprit than him by hyping him too much . :kp

Today Amir sohail or Ramiz Raja were talking about teams have worked him out. A reason why most of his dismissals are identical. They bowl a tight off stump line.

Today Amir sohail or Ramiz Raja were talking about teams have worked him out. A reason why most of his dismissals are identical. They bowl a tight off stump line.
A tight off stump line? That's very traditional test bowling.

Some Indian posters have commented that this is where Babar's decline started. Babar with the tweet exhibited arrogance when he had yet to reach Kohlis status who was already a legend at this time.

As per stats Babar is the best we have.....

Most international runs in each decade

MFARcMJ.png

As per stats Babar is the best we have.....

Most international runs in each decade

MFARcMJ.png
Can you remove T20s please,

Do it for both Kohli and Babar.

its not fair to put Babar in the list of these players who didnt play the 3 formats, and that too by misusing their power to open and statpad in T20s

I think it's more the ball angling/swinging into him that gets him. He sort of plants his front foot down the line of the ball and if the ball keeps coming in he gets bowled or lbw. That's why he's basically Cummins or Hazlewood's bunny everytime he plays against Australia because they've figured it out.

In recent times I think his solution has been to not move his feet and just poke at the ball in which case he nicks it... The difference between mediocre and great players though is that once great players are "found out", they do something to overcome their technical shortcomings or change their game plan. They don't just keep doing the same thing, all while getting fatter.

Babar is class. You have lean patches. Unfortunately for him, Pakistan cricket as a whole is in turmoil. First his captaincy, then his batting - all have come under scanner and he is mentally not too strong to deal with it. He should take a break and come back

Back