[PICTURES/VIDEOS] What now for Babar Azam?

In last 8 test matches ... Imam and Sarfraz bat better than Babar but Babar is still playing but both Imam and Sarfraz are dropped.

1727209904818.png

Babar Azam has broken Virat Kohli’s record to become the fastest batter to score 30 List-A centuries. Babar Azam achieved this milestone during the Champions One-Day Cup 2024 match against the Dolphins , where he scored a commanding century, silencing his critics and reaffirming his status as one of the premier batsmen in the world.

Proud moment for all his fans.

In last 8 test matches ... Imam and Sarfraz bat better than Babar but Babar is still playing but both Imam and Sarfraz are dropped.

View attachment 146363
Because Babar Azam has a lot more credit in the bank than both Imam and Sarfraz for what he did prior to the last 8 matches, it is not that hard to understand.

Virat Kohli has been a circus clown in Test cricket for 4 years but BCCI have not dropped him and we know why.

Life comes at you fast, and you might have to eat your words sooner than you think.
I would be ecstatic if this player suddenly became next coming of Ponting even.

I am happy to be proven wrong.

Zaheer Abbas speaking during an interview:

"Babar Azam should be dropped from the team. If he’s not scoring runs, because if he’s our main batsman and he’s out of form, he should be out of the team."

When asked about the Virat Kohli vs Babar Azam comparison:

"Yeh fizool ki baatein hai."

Zaheer Abbas speaking during an interview:

"Babar Azam should be dropped from the team. If he’s not scoring runs, because if he’s our main batsman and he’s out of form, he should be out of the team."

When asked about the Virat Kohli vs Babar Azam comparison:

"Yeh fizool ki baatein hai."
Zindabad, leave it to the Asian Bradman to speak the truth

When was he immune to my wrath?
Many of these headline grabbing former greats like Zaheer Abbas, often seem to be bereft of what's going on in Pakistan cricket. He wants to drop Babar but what about others? He obviously hasn't checked who else is in the team for a free lunch.
Zaheer probably can't name who else is playing for Pakistan besides Babar (the most popular current player) hence he just wants to drop him. Which is a poor comment in my opnion. Babar at least performed in the past (has a test Average of 45) and has far more talent than the hapless current Captain.

View attachment 146363
same goes to Abdullah Shafique and kaptaan himself.. it was bad to remove Babar as Test captain for his bad performance in LOIs ... also when he just won an away tour to Srilanka 2-0.. he should have been persisted with.. now they have a captain who cant score a century even against Bangladesh at home to improve his test record..

Another six inns coming , will he be persisted with if he shows poor performance again... I would drop him as a player and captain if he cant score a century in the upcoming series against England at home.... After three series as captain and that too 2 series at home cant improve his test record or win matches then he is good only to play counties cricket and never return to intl...

Back