Babar Azam resigns as Pakistan's white ball captain

Who should be Pakistan's next white-ball captain after Babar Azam?

• Total voters
He won 2 tournaments in pakistan both psl and champions one day cup despite not having the strongest team in either case.
based on this, rizwan also won PSL and national tournament and he is the only guy who deserves a spot in ODI and Test teams. Shouldn't he be made captain??

that is not how things work and you know that. Shadab is not the one we can revert back to. He needs to perform and make his way back into the team, rather than just blindly make him captain like we did with shan and results are in front of us.

based on this, rizwan also won PSL and national tournament and he is the only guy who deserves a spot in ODI and Test teams. Shouldn't he be made captain??

that is not how things work and you know that. Shadab is not the one we can revert back to. He needs to perform and make his way back into the team, rather than just blindly make him captain like we did with shan and results are in front of us.
Theirs a massive massive difference. Rizwan has had strong teams and more resources then shadab has had access to.

Shadab even managed one win against afghanistan in t20 despite playing with a next to nothing team considering in that series tayyab, Azam Khan, saim ayub, Abdullah shafique and the newbies were more or less passengers being exposed to international circuit for the first time. A 3-0 whitewash was guaranteed.

I'd like to see rizwan replicate this, because he isn't mentally capable of actually understanding captaincy and this time as captain he no longer has handholding. Australia, SA aren't weaker teams and will crumble rizzu to dust since rizzu is use to having the stronger side.

Lastly I am not advocating for Shadab, bit realistically let's be honest

A) Saud is a failure in odi and can't lead whiteball side.

B) Fakhar is rumored to leave and even if he doesn't, He has a horrible LQ record despite being packed with the strongest team

C) Shaheen was the perfect candidate but now he's lost interest in cricket altogether after Babar removed him.

D) Shan and Babar Hahahahahaahah

E) Rizwan averages 29 with a sr of 80 this tournament and has been failing in whiteball post his sri lanka 131. He has also been losing form in odi and t20 lol, it's just that shadab has lost it for a longer time period, it's been 2 years for shadaab and 1 year for rizwam, That's the only difference.

I pulled up rizzu's whoteball stats already. He averages 29-32 in all games wih the lowest sr post Sri lanka, in both Psl, International t20 games including wc 2024, champions one day cup etc etc.

He's only been performing in test.

I have a very very watchful eye my dude.

His bowling has been rubbish for the last two years. He has lost any sense of who he is as a bowler by playing an endless amount of T20 cricket. He needs to play FC cricket and learn to become a real bowler, which he is not at this phase of his career. Infact he has only gotten worse and this is not a normal slump. This is a Hasan Ali level slump. Domestic performances clearly don't mean much with him either because he performed in the PSL too and then bombed at the T20 World Cup.

It's bad enough that we already have a captain in tests who is the worst player in the team. Now you want a non-performing captain in white-ball too?
I don't want shadab as captain. I'd take a gamble with saim but it ain't happening.

Who didn't bomb in t20 wc 2024? Their isnt a single player who didn't bomb.

The best player of that cup was Babar who's sr is laughable and avg clearly inflated thanks to Canada and Ireland game when Pakistan was already out of the cup.

The main games were India and USA, post these 2 the tournament ended for pak.

Attention!

Stand up for,

King Mohammad of House Rizwan, the Millionth of His Name, King of the Karachi and the Multan and the Pakhtuns, Lord of the Four Provinces, and Captain of the Pakistan!

:salute
millionth of his name..... 😂😂😂

Good decision by Babar finally. Better late than never. I hope his intentions are clean and not to make conspiracies and revenge the new regime.

But who will lead this team now? Rizwan - Who will be mocked after every media outing he will have. Or Shadab who can't even secure his place in squad.

"I am proud of what we have achieved."

You haven't achieved anything, dude.
Babar Azam's resignations: 2
Babar Azam's trophies won in 6 tournaments: 0
That’s for Pakistani fans to decide, not Indian fans.

A lot of Pakistani fans will cherish him for being the only captain in Pakistan’s history to shut Indian mouths after a World Cup match.

We want Iftikhar as captain 😂
He consider himself as tailender. Most probably as captain, he will demote himself at number 10 😂

Life is all about small margins. It doesn’t take much to be on the opposite side of history.

With a bit of luck he could have won three straight World Cup matches vs India and lifted two World Cup trophies.

Until 2022, he did very well with the resources that he had. A World Cup semifinal + final in consecutive editions was a respectable outcome, but things went south in 2023 and a lot had to do with the fact that his own form deserted him especially in ODIs.

He is entering his prime years as a batsman now and perhaps it is for the best that he is not burdened with leadership.

You mean the guy that masquerades as a cricketer now to pretend to be a captain?
That would be someone like Imad Wasim, not the guy who is the best WK batsman to ever come out of Pakistan.
Well, lets get this over with too.
Pick your team and captain(s) for all formats. I asked you in another thread and you ran away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good decision by Babar finally. Better late than never. I hope his intentions are clean and not to make conspiracies and revenge the new regime.

But who will lead this team now? Rizwan - Who will be mocked after every media outing he will have. Or Shadab who can't even secure his place in squad.
I don't think he'll do the same back stabbing thing 2x.

I'm 100% sure that he's done with it. He could have captained his side and because it's a domestic tournament he could have made it very far.

His own form was still the best in the tournament after Kamran Ghulam and despite having lesser rums his avg is higher and he scored more 50's, but less centuries.

The Champions One Day Cup could have been his fraud opportunity to show why he's an awesome captain and it would havebeen easy for him to do, in the same way rizwan has

By showing people why he took his team to the final but only lost cause he wasn't around. Babar could have done the same but willingly decides not to.

I think he's genuinely uninterested in leadership role as it does nothing for him. He's already PCB's Baby and won't be dropped even if he has tailender form. Captaincy is harder work and I think he's done with it

Life is all about small margins. It doesn’t take much to be on the opposite side of history.

With a bit of luck he could have won three straight World Cup matches vs India and lifted two World Cup trophies.

Until 2022, he did very well with the resources that he had. A World Cup semifinal + final in consecutive editions was a respectable outcome, but things went south in 2023 and a lot had to do with the fact that his own form deserted him especially in ODIs.

He is entering his prime years as a batsman now and perhaps it is for the best that he is not burdened with leadership.
With dew luck he won a single match against india in world cup history .

He is a minnow basher but hide when things are big.

Oh but after humiliation against USA ,he is now not even minnow basher.

Poor babar.

Poor babar.
The only luck was Kohli running for three at the MCG after getting clean bowled on a free-hit. That Indian win was a fluke, not Pakistan nuking India in Dubai the year below.

Babar deserves to lose to USA after not taking a stand against the returns of expired cricketers like Amir and Imad who single handedly lost him two matches that ultimately sealed Pakistan’s fate.

A lot of otherwise respectable members have disqualified themselves from being taken serious in the future by nominating Shadab & Ifty to take rhe reigns from Babar.

Every reasonable person knows Shadab deserves no place in the team, let alone captain it.
Who on earth nominated Chacha? 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Allah khair Karei.

As for Shadab, bro the thing is he won 2 cups back to back with a very limited team that was not packed with superstars in both psl and this tournament, Compare that to markhors which has Rizwam, Chacha, Salman Ali Agha, Naseem, Fakhar aka 5 international players followed by Kamran ghlam the best domestic performer etc.

Shadab isn't the answer by any means but who would you appoint?

A) Shaheen was the perfect candidate but he's lost all interest in cricket and let his form go?

B) Rizwan is a circus and every true cricket fan knows that?

C) Saim is too young and hasn't even made a mark? He has 3 50's only. 2 in test which is good and 1 in t20 after a billion games lol?

D) Fakhar has a horrible record with LQ, and even so their rumors he's leaving pak cricket?

E) Saud has done nothing in odi and seems to be in test mostly, plus his poor champions one day cup performance with bat and results means he isn't an option?

F) Chacha is Meme

G) Naseem is injury prone

H) Shan is a meme?

Who do you realistically want?

Their isnt anyone sadly.

He had two big opportunities etch his name in history by winning the T20 World Cup. But Pakistan blew them both. The 2021 World Cup campaign is the one that is still hard to get over. We were the best team in that tournament, and lost it against Matthew bloody Wade..

The only luck was Kohli running for three at the MCG after getting clean bowled on a free-hit. That Indian win was a fluke, not Pakistan nuking India in Dubai the year below.

Babar deserves to lose to USA after not taking a stand against the returns of expired cricketers like Amir and Imad who single handedly lost him two matches that ultimately sealed Pakistan’s fate.
That's why for Pakistan players first things to understand cricket rules ,the way babar and Rizwan were complaint after Virat taking three runs suggested that they Didn't know the exact rules. :kp

Poor babar.
Tbf bro, And I'm being 200% honest, no trolling as I'm not in the mood atm.

That match wasn't a fluke, Indian players were too tired from playing IPL and multiple seasons, to top it off they were very injury prone.

Rohit after 2021 even skipped a few games and batted himself at no 7 for a while because he was injured and needed rest and didn't field much, Kohli took a break and skipped captaincy, Bumrah was overworked to death and got injured for years and so did many others.

It's why in 2022 India had zero bowling resources and got mauled by England, Followed by some players in odi Luke dhawan mellowing out.

India also got mauled by New Zealand.

India was genuinely too tired to compete in 2021 and 2022.

Theirs no excuse for their hunilating phanti in 2017 and 2023, But 2021 and 2022 honestly wasn't fair to them.

The timing was awful. But yes they are partly to blame for overworking and injuring their players.

The only time pakistan has beaten a full strength India since 2011 was in 2014 and in 2017.

The rest were all either a transitioning India, An injury prone India, or limited resource India.

2021 India is one of the weakest Indian teams this past decade only behind 2012 India, it's because they only have good names on Paper but in terms of fitness their a corpse.

Poor babar.
How was that luck lol? Pakistan comprehensively destroyed India in all departments in that match.

Have you forget about pattern , win the toss and win the match due to dew factors . 95% game were won by chasing team .
This is an excuse. India has themselves to blame.

They pulled a 2024 NZ and decided to take players that were mentally dead and shot in the foot and as a result got rid of their captain and ace bowler for 2+ years.

They wouldn't have lost to pakistan if they didn't have such horrible ipl + Workload management scheduling + insane overconfidence.

They are themselves to blame.

This is an excuse. India has themselves to blame.

They pulled a 2024 NZ and decided to take players that were mentally dead and shot in the foot and as a result got rid of their captain and ace bowler for 2+ years.

They wouldn't have lost to pakistan if they didn't have such horrible ipl + Workload management scheduling + insane overconfidence.

They are themselves to blame.
Yes all things were true but still dew played major role in 2021 World T20 .

Have you forget about pattern , win the toss and win the match due to dew factors . 95% game were won by chasing team .
The probability of winning and actually winning are two different things. At the end of the day you still have to go out there and play good cricket to win. On that day, Shaheen killed the game with his opening spell.

I'm okay with Rizwan as ODI and Test captain. But he shouldn't even be playing in the T20 team.

Dew played a major role, but even if India batted 2nd, they'd lose.

Theirs a big difference between 2 sides that are in the same hemisphere and dew having an advantage + a side that's mentally dead and physically exhausted to compete.

They managed to dominate Afghanistan because Afghanistan cannot beat India due to the fact that India is the one team that understands their game and can beat them in a coma, But had they played any other team, they'd lose 3-0.

2021 India is the 2nd weakest Indian side after 2012 pak series India.

Just like 2012 India, the names like sehwag, Yuvi on Paper look good until you realise that one has cancer and the other is this close to being sent in a nursery home.

Bumrah in 2021 is the worst version of Bumrah, He's a trundler and got spanked.

That 2 year break was badly needed.

The good thing is, They learned from their lesson and in 2023 came back as the worlds strongest team and since then have continued to dominate.

Yes it did, but it did not play any role in restricting India to 151 despite having big names like VK, RS, KLR, SKY, RP, HP and RJ. India batted poorly and was weakest team on the day.

Who on earth nominated Chacha? 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Allah khair Karei.

As for Shadab, bro the thing is he won 2 cups back to back with a very limited team that was not packed with superstars in both psl and this tournament, Compare that to markhors which has Rizwam, Chacha, Salman Ali Agha, Naseem, Fakhar aka 5 international players followed by Kamran ghlam the best domestic performer etc.

Shadab isn't the answer by any means but who would you appoint?

A) Shaheen was the perfect candidate but he's lost all interest in cricket and let his form go?

B) Rizwan is a circus and every true cricket fan knows that?

C) Saim is too young and hasn't even made a mark? He has 3 50's only. 2 in test which is good and 1 in t20 after a billion games lol?

D) Fakhar has a horrible record with LQ, and even so their rumors he's leaving pak cricket?

E) Saud has done nothing in odi and seems to be in test mostly, plus his poor champions one day cup performance with bat and results means he isn't an option?

F) Chacha is Meme

G) Naseem is injury prone

H) Shan is a meme?

Who do you realistically want?

Their isnt anyone sadly.

Winning Pakistani domestic leagues is utterly pointless. Pakistani domestic competitions are a farce and have churned fake players at a frighteningly consistent basis. Shadab winning these leagues is utterly pointless.

He has a well established record of being a useless international player, like many of his countrymen, and in the final analysis, this is all that matters.

Winning Pakistani domestic leagues is utterly pointless. Pakistani domestic competitions are a farce and have churned fake players at a frighteningly consistent basis. Shadab winning these leagues is utterly pointless.

He has a well established record of being a useless international player, like many of his countrymen, and in the final analysis, this is all that matters.
That's not what I asked you, Name your captain. Let's hear it.

Name your option. And kindly name something with logic. Don't say Ali raza or some Under 16 kid.

Name your option. And kindly name something with logic. Don't say Ali raza or some Under 16 kid.
There is only one clear choice, and you won’t like it.

Changing captains will not make a iota of a difference, our players are the real problems.

I think Rizwan is a fair call. But my personal white ball captain will be Fakhr.

For Tests, Saud.

There is only one clear choice, and you won’t like it.

Changing captains will not make a iota of a difference, our players are the real problems.
How so? I hate shadab's guts BTW. I genuinely hate shadab so I'm not fanboying him or anything. But my main point is

You have Rizwan, Shaheen and Shadab. As the most realistic choices due to

A) Shadab being a regular in whiteball and captaining 2 wins + captaining 3x in t20 international

B) Rizwan being a regular in all formsts and captaining local wins

C) Shaheen having a succesful local captaincy record and captaining 3x in t20 international.

^^ All 3 are whiteball regulars. All 3 are past players who have achieved some success before fizzling out, All 3 have terrible form in whiteball atm.

Rizwan's form in whiteball has been utter garbage in any form be it international or local since his sri lanka innings, Horrible wc post sri lanka, Horrible psl, Horrible t20 outings, horrible t20 wc 2024, Horrible champions one day cup.

Similarly shadab has been garbage post Afghanistan 2023 where 2nd odi was his last good performance with ball and bat

Similarly shaheen has been garbage post rain washed India game in 2023 asia cup.

^^ Based of all of this, What exactly are the options?
I think Rizwan is a fair call. But my personal white ball captain will be Fakhr.

For Tests, Saud.
You know full well I live fakhar to death, but just like saeed Anwar wpuld have been a horrible captain, Fakhar would be the same, Your best batter =/= best captain. Dude has no confidence in captaining and he showed with LQ deapite having the best resources that he doesn't even understand basic field setup.

Being am aggressive batter =/= being an aggressive captain, in the same way being a good accountant doesn't mean you'd be a good Home remittance finance mamager their separate fields and skill sets, even if connected to a certain extent.

As for saud, That's red ball, we're taking whiteball atm.

If India is so much better than minnow Pakistan, toss & dew shouldn’t matter. Keep crying.

That's why for Pakistan players first things to understand cricket rules ,the way babar and Rizwan were complaint after Virat taking three runs suggested that they Didn't know the exact rules. :kp
That doesn’t change the fact that it was a matter of pure luck/fluke. Even Kohli himself admitted it in an interview. Indian fans have some nerve playing the “luck” card to downplay Pakistan violating them in 2021 after the way they won in 2022.

Babar should have resigned right after the loss to USA, he probably waited for some assurances from the PCB. Rizwan shouldn’t be given the job for playing politics behind the scene and favouring select groups; why would you hire such a cowardly personality in the prime job, only in Pakistan….

The ring leaders of the dosti yari group and cake cutting culture should never be hired for any leadership position, they have done about as much damage as Salman Butt and Misbah to Pakistan cricket.

Give this team to rizwan surely he will perform batter than Babar or anyone else.

Only option Pakistan does have and he has experience at domestic level.
No he won't, He doesn't a thing about captaincy.

True captaincy is exposed when you actually are in tough situations.

For example rohit is a good captain despite having a powerful team, why? Because his insane grit during Pak vs India, India vs Aus and India vs SA was shown. He could have easily lost all those games, but he knew when to utilise bumrah, Did not panic when klaseen went to town, held his nerve, motivated his boys and led the team well.

His biggest crime is getting demolished by England and Australia, in past cups, aka 2 teams who have same resolve and grit but that's not a big issue.

I guarantee Babar would have lost all those 3 games if you gave him the same team but replaced rohit for Babar as captain. He'd have waited to bowl bumrah till the end and by them Klaseen would have already finished it.

Similarly Williamson from 2015 to 2019 was a gun captain, No one could have beaten 2015 Australia with the crap he had except him, Obviously in the final it wouldn't have happened 2x, He beat every team with limited resources by setting uo perfect placements and leading. But lost to the one team that are virtual super villians of cricket.

Babar on the other hand has panicked from won positions such as 2021 as semi final and india 2022 wc game.

You have no clue what you're talking about, Rizzu will burn drs reviews in a second, and the biggest issue with rizwan is that one loss in a tournament switches him off completly and the momentum collapses like a house of cards.

In any of these pressure situations that I mentioned, Rizwan will get nuked into oblivion, You'll soon get another Shanand babar scenario where rizwan starts crying and begs sarfi to temporarily captain again for a test session.

No he won't, He doesn't a thing about captaincy.

True captaincy is exposed when you actually are in tough situations.

For example rohit is a good captain despite having a powerful team, why? Because his insane grit during Pak vs India, India vs Aus and India vs SA was shown. He could have easily lost all those games, but he knew when to utilise bumrah, Did not panic when klaseen went to town, held his nerve, motivated his boys and led the team well.

His biggest crime is getting demolished by England and Australia, in past cups, aka 2 teams who have same resolve and grit but that's not a big issue.

I guarantee Babar would have lost all those 3 games if you gave him the same team but replaced rohit for Babar as captain. He'd have waited to bowl bumrah till the end and by them Klaseen would have already finished it.

Similarly Williamson from 2015 to 2019 was a gun captain, No one could have beaten 2015 Australia with the crap he had except him, Obviously in the final it wouldn't have happened 2x, He beat every team with limited resources by setting uo perfect placements and leading. But lost to the one team that are virtual super villians of cricket.

Babar on the other hand has panicked from won positions such as 2021 as semi final and india 2022 wc game.

You have no clue what you're talking about, Rizzu will burn drs reviews in a second, and the biggest issue with rizwan is that one loss in a tournament switches him off completly and the momentum collapses like a house of cards.

In any of these pressure situations that I mentioned, Rizwan will get nuked into oblivion, You'll soon get another Shanand babar scenario where rizwan starts crying and begs sarfi to temporarily captain again for a test session.
Wasn't he successful as PSL Captain ?

Rizwan is Best Pakistan player accross all formats. He deserved to become captain .

Btw what is your choice??

Wasn't he successful as PSL Captain ?

Rizwan is Best Pakistan player accross all formats. He deserved to become captain .

Btw what is your choice??
Why do you always ignore everything I claim about Pakistan cricket yet meticulously are able to pin point microscopic details about Indian cricket?

Regardless, shadab as whiteball, Saud as test for now, Both placeholders like shan until shaheen can get his form back or saim can develop a bit more and then shaheen + Saim.

No choice but to make placeholder captains for now, heck make anyone a placeholder.

It’s funny how, the reason why Babar’s captaincy was a failure might become the next captain lol

I take on only meaningful discussion .

Rizwan deserve to be Pakistan captain ,how will he perform we can wait for 1 year to pass the judgement.

Shadab is not even deserve a place in limited overs team so how he can become captain. No way

Saud is still raw for test cricket so first groom him under rizwan then he can take captaincy.

Why do you always ignore everything I claim about Pakistan cricket yet meticulously are able to pin point microscopic details about Indian cricket?

Regardless, shadab as whiteball, Saud as test for now, Both placeholders like shan until shaheen can get his form back or saim can develop a bit more and then shaheen + Saim.

No choice but to make placeholder captains for now, heck make anyone a placeholder.

If current Shadab is good enough to make the XI consistently , then PAK have much bigger problems than captaincy

I am genuinely surprised you didnt put Asif Ali as an option.

Ye tou khulla tazaad hai.

I take on only meaningful discussion .

Rizwan deserve to be Pakistan captain ,how will he perform we can wait for 1 year to pass the judgement.

Shadab is not even deserve a place in limited overs team so how he can become captain. No way

Saud is still raw for test cricket so first groom him under rizwan then he can take captaincy.
If any other captain was taken, India would have lost 3 games and you'd be crying for another 10 years. Dhoni doesn't even have a sliver of talent or prowess that Sachin does, yet in terms of captaincy Sachin turned India into a minnow in less then a year, Had he continued to captain till 2011, Then say bye bye to 2007 and 2011 wc, as india would have been out in group stages and lost every series on the fly?

Fakhar zaman was the best batter of ct and the best batter during sarfi's era yet had he captained, Misbah fans would have had a treat and wouldn't have had to think of calculus level explanations to justify the no 1 t20 rank and ct victory.

Not only is rizzu not the best batter, not even close, but even if he was, Your best batter or performing player not equal your best captain?

Saeed Anwar, Fakhar, Babar, Yousaf all these guys are horrible captains while YK who in whiteball doesn't even warrant a place was your best captain and would have remained that way if it wasn't for Misbah, YK would have won this buddei babei league at age 48 if it wasn't for misbah as well lol.

Sarfi and yk were clearly superior to all these guys as captains despite both of them not being the best and in YK's case not even warranting a spot in the t20 format.

So the guy (usually credible) who claimed Rizwan will be the next captain is also saying Mohammad Harris is a candidate to take over. Apparently Kirsten wants Harris to become the white ball captain, he rates him a lot.

@mominsaigol @topspin

The oversees coaches see Pakistan cricket completely different to the way 99.9% of its fans and journalists view it.

So the guy (usually credible) who claimed Rizwan will be the next captain is also saying Mohammad Harris is a candidate to take over. Apparently Kirsten wants Harris to become the white ball captain, he rates him a lot.

@mominsaigol @topspin

The oversees coaches see Pakistan cricket completely different to the way 99.9% of its fans and journalists view it.

Whoops, bad timing Ig. Must be a gut punch 🫠🫠

@mominsaigol @topspin

100% the correct decison.

These guys don't understand that it's a out team combination and superior players =/= best captains.

Sachin turned Indian team into a minnow, Rohit and Dhoni were the right call.

Similarly if YK who on form doesn't even warrant a spot in t20 wouldn't be captain and instead Misbah would have captained from 2007 to 2015 leading to nothing, Followed by Azhar taking over till 2018 which means pakistan would stay at 9th never winning a single ct, Followed by rizwan in 2019 which means pakistan wouldn't have won a single game and England + NZ victory or no 1 t20 rank wouldn't happen and pakistan would have already reached whiteball associate level and be playing 2027 qualifiers by now.

YK, Sarfi, Dhoni, Rohit, Williamson, Cummins, Clarke etc were the right call.

These guys would have made someone like starc or Warner captain in 2015 and Australia would have been tossed into a pan by now considering starc is the world's worst leader to work with.

Let him at least play first before jumping around in joy. He averages 28 in List A cricket.
His job is keeper first, Batter 2nd, his job is to hit in the lower order in the sane way carey job is to bat and hit at no 7 while smith and Travis do their job.

For someone who hypocritically tells me to have a wicket keeper batter replace rizzu and only a wk batter can replace him, Seems to have no issue qith rizwan replacing falhar as an opener in t20 or Agha as a no 4 in odi in nz c series despite the aforementioned 2 not being keepers.

@mominsaigol @topspin

LOL. Haris ???

why people are taking names of those guys who are nothing but failures in reality and do not even warrant a spot in the squad??

Haris named because he took Stallions to play-offs??? LOL

LOL. Haris ???

why people are taking names of those guys who are nothing but failures in reality and do not even warrant a spot in the squad??

@BouncerGuy

If you were chairman of Pcb, Pakistan wouldn't have won anything.

You were recommending fakhar as captain even though with all his resources he flipped LQ into oblivion and has no clue on how to captain.

Your best batters/players are not your best captains.

YK in no universe warrants a place in t20 in Any era yet he's the best whiteball Pakistan captain since IK.

Sarfi doesn't a silver of talent that fakhar possesses but he knows more captaincy then any of those bobby knuckleheads know of.

Haris captained for acc victory, Knows how to set things.

It's an excellent decison by Gary and theirs a reason kristen has credentials and ignorant rizzu fans don't.

LOL. Haris ???

Ask Kirsten? Ask someone who has won India a 50 over World Cup at home, and made them one of the best/most professional units in the past 15 years. Ask someone who knows his business and how to do it.

His job is keeper first, Batter 2nd, his job is to hit in the lower order in the sane way carey job is to bat and hit at no 7 while smith and Travis do their job.

For someone who hypocritically tells me to have a wicket keeper batter replace rizzu and only a wk batter can replace him, Seems to have no issue qith rizwan replacing falhar as an opener in t20 or Agha as a no 4 in odi in nz c series despite the aforementioned 2 not being keepers.
Stallions got eliminated despite your favourites Tayyab (Strike rate 53 :ROFLMAO: ) and hitter Haris (strike rate 71 :ROFLMAO: )

Stallions got eliminated despite your favourites Tayyab (Strike rate 53 :ROFLMAO: ) and hitter Haris (strike rate 71 :ROFLMAO: )
Avoiding the rizzu replacing fakhar and Agha but asking me wk no 4 replacements again?

It's a good thing Gary Kristen is at the helm. Just like me, Gary has a foreign view that you asian residents don't and clearly know how world cricket is played and is to led and who's to lead.

@BouncerGuy

If you were chairman of Pcb, Pakistan wouldn't have won anything.

You were recommending fakhar as captain even though with all his resources he flipped LQ into oblivion and has no clue on how to captain.

Your best batters/players are not your best captains.

YK in no universe warrants a place in t20 in Any era yet he's the best whiteball Pakistan captain since IK.

Sarfi doesn't a silver of talent that fakhar possesses but he knows more captaincy then any of those bobby knuckleheads know of.

Haris captained for acc victory, Knows how to set things.

It's an excellent decison by Gary and theirs a reason kristen has credentials and ignorant rizzu fans don't.
First of all, I did not recommend fakhar, I asked a question. People are taking names of Shadab etc, but nobody mentions fakhar?? why?? that was a question brother.

2ndly, how can you make a guy a captain who is not even worth selection in the squad. You wanna go Shan Masood route???

Avoiding the rizzu replacing fakhar and Agha but asking me wk no 4 replacements again?

It's a good thing Gary Kristen is at the helm. Just like me, Gary has a foreign view that you asian residents don't and clearly know how world cricket is played and is to led and who's to lead.
We'll see, bro. Mickey was a foreigner too. Let's see what the foreigners can do for Pakistan

Was expected to end his 2nd stint much earlier. A delayed end but an absolutely necessary resignation by the King nevertheless.

Hope this much needed break form captaincy rejuvinates him giving strength to pull another backstabbing, this time of epic proportions, which will finally result in a successful world conquering stint as skipper for the King.
:babar

We'll see, bro. Mickey was a foreigner too. Let's see what the foreigners can do for Pakistan
Their was nothing with Mickey. Nothing. It's not his fault that he refused to accept a full time role because of pcb politics and knew full well Babar or pcb would not listen to him.

He worked with sarfi just fine, Got fakhar to open in all formats, even in test, fakhar scored 2 back to back match winning 70's and 91 of 46 in t20 besting Australia at full strength 2x and getting us no 1 rank as is shpuld be.

Got hafeez to let go of his ego at opening and rightfully play at 4.

Made the correct decispn to remove azhar and give sarfi the reigns.

Made the correct decison to bring malik back and massively favoured haris sohail as well + imad wasim and amir played fine in his era, their was no drama bazi from those 2 which Babar regime created and all this nonsense started.

He was succesful as a coach. Winning ct, Beating England in their own den 2x, no 1 t20 rank, was perfect. No coaching stint will ever be perfect so a bad test record and a poor 2018 overall forgivable although he should have been axed as red ball coach only.

Morne morkel is shining in India but was pathetic in pak, not his fault that Babar regime and rizzu regime don't listen.

Mickey was much better then his fraud replacement misbah who had even more power, was a chief selector as well and turned the whiteball side into a joke. The biggest straw being losing to Zimbabwe with his genuis decison to send chacha to open in a super over.

If any other captain was taken, India would have lost 3 games and you'd be crying for another 10 years. Dhoni doesn't even have a sliver of talent or prowess that Sachin does, yet in terms of captaincy Sachin turned India into a minnow in less then a year, Had he continued to captain till 2011, Then say bye bye to 2007 and 2011 wc, as india would have been out in group stages and lost every series on the fly?

Fakhar zaman was the best batter of ct and the best batter during sarfi's era yet had he captained, Misbah fans would have had a treat and wouldn't have had to think of calculus level explanations to justify the no 1 t20 rank and ct victory.

Not only is rizzu not the best batter, not even close, but even if he was, Your best batter or performing player not equal your best captain?

Saeed Anwar, Fakhar, Babar, Yousaf all these guys are horrible captains while YK who in whiteball doesn't even warrant a place was your best captain and would have remained that way if it wasn't for Misbah, YK would have won this buddei babei league at age 48 if it wasn't for misbah as well lol.

Sarfi and yk were clearly superior to all these guys as captains despite both of them not being the best and in YK's case not even warranting a spot in the t20 format.
What does indian cricket do with Pakistan cricket team .

Fakhar is not successful in PSL or domestic cricket as an captain but rizwan does have success.

Rizwan is not only best batter of pakistan team but also has successful as an captain in domestic cricket/ PSL .

Shadab is successful as an captain in domestic level but totally failed as player at international level .

Btw i don't take Pakistan domestic cricket performance seriously because of low quality .

What does indian cricket do with Pakistan cricket team .

Fakhar is not successful in PSL or domestic cricket as an captain but rizwan does have success.

Rizwan is not only best batter of pakistan team but also has successful as an captain in domestic cricket/ PSL .

Shadab is successful as an captain in domestic level but totally failed as player at international level .

Btw i don't take Pakistan domestic cricket performance seriously because of low quality .
And yet same low quality showcases rizwan at its lowest quality lol.

First of all, I did not recommend fakhar, I asked a question. People are taking names of Shadab etc, but nobody mentions fakhar?? why?? that was a question brother.

2ndly, how can you make a guy a captain who is not even worth selection in the squad. You wanna go Shan Masood route???

I have a suggestion. I would go with the route you suggested to brother Major, which was to cut their pay so they get nothing. So whoever volunteers for this first should become Pakistan captain.

Brother you should know the answer to that question? It's a simple answer.

Your best batter/ player =/= your best captain.

Shadab has tournament wins with limited resource squads and an international victory against afghanistan playing with a D team that's even wesker then 2024 t20 wc pakistan squad. Fakhar has the worst psl record with a superstar squad?

Shadab is rubbish, I do not back him, infact haris being captain sends me joy and it's the right call but he's a good placeholder captain.

Younis Khan doesn't warrant a place in t20 in any era, I would rather take Usman khan then Younis in t20? But he was the greatest wb captain pakistan had had post Imran khan, followed by satfi who talent wise is below Fakhar, Babar, Haris sohail, Hafeez, Malik and many others in the squad at that time.

Shadab is rubbish, 100% but the difference is Shan masood even before Captaincy was Getting booted out of Psl and was the first team to get booted, Despite the fact that KK under Imad won a psl.

@mominsaigol @topspin

One thing Kirsten will certainly do is tear up the book of Misbah worship.

Test cricket -
Match - 32 , Runs - 1910 ,Avg - 44 .

ODI cricket -
Match - 74 ,runs - 2088 ,Avg - 40 .

This is number of best ever Pakistan Wicketkeeper .
Right, So is Imam ul Haq better then Sachin Tendulkar? I mean he has a higher Avg? Sr is withint touching range? He made his 9 centuries faster then Sachin's 9 centuries?

Infact is he better then Inzi?

Do we live in a world where Imam > Sachin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Inzi?

What are your sentiments?

Right, So is Imam ul Haq better then Sachin Tendulkar? I mean he has a higher Avg? Sr is withint touching range? He made his 9 centuries faster then Sachin's 9 centuries?

Infact is he better then Inzi?

Do we live in a world where Imam > Sachin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Inzi?

What are your sentiments?
Now you're comparing Apple with orange .

We are talking about Pakistan cricket where your best players doesn't mean they are best in world cricket .

Have you Heard " Andho Main kana raja*

Rizwan is fall in same catagory.

He is best for Pakistan cricket right bow .

Now you're comparing Apple with orange .

We are talking about Pakistan cricket where your best players doesn't mean they are best in world cricket .

Have you Heard " Andho Main kana raja*

Rizwan is fall in same catagory.

He is best for Pakistan cricket right bow .
No answer the Question. I will compare an apple with an orange if I must. Orange tastes better and is better for your skin, with goat Vitamin C that I will feed my futuree children everyday of the week for their health and the whole an apple a day keeps the doctor away, I think I'll just send then to the dentist.

Now answer this question, Don't avoid.

List Rizwan's achievements and don't give me this avg nonsense and claim he's the best across eras when you know full well how flawed such logic is given it'll put someone like Imam > Sachin with zero context and is laughable.

It seems like PCB just found out that they have to appoint a new WHite-ball captain. LOL

--------------------------------

PCB confirms Babar Azam has stepped down as white-ball captain

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has confirmed that Babar Azam tendered his resignation as Pakistan men’s white-ball captain on Tuesday evening, and it has been accepted. The national selection committee has been tasked with beginning the process of formulating future white-ball cricket strategies, including recommending a new captain.

“Although the PCB had backed Babar Azam as the white-ball captain, his decision to step down reflects his desire to focus more on making a greater impact as a player.

“This decision is a testament to his professionalism and commitment to Pakistan cricket. He believes that dedicating himself fully to his batting will enable him to play a more decisive role in the team’s success in the shorter formats.

“The PCB acknowledges Babar’s contributions as white-ball captain, his ability to prioritise the team’s needs and his unwavering dedication to Pakistan cricket. The PCB will continue to support Babar Azam, recognising he still has much to offer both as a world-class batter and a senior statesman of the team.”

Babar Azam:

“Playing for Pakistan has always been my greatest honour and I’ve always placed the team’s success above everything else. Stepping down as captain will help me deliver even more for the team as a player and I’m fully committed to that path. The team’s success is what matters most.

“I’ve had the privilege of leading Pakistan for five remarkable years, always trying to give my best as both captain and player. At this stage, I strongly believe I can make a bigger impact by concentrating on my batting. I am grateful for the constant support from my teammates, coaches and the PCB throughout my captaincy.

“While it has been a great honour to lead Pakistan, now is the right time to shift my complete focus on batting, team’s objectives during this transitional phase and back the new captain and emerging players as we prepare for a crucial season ahead, including the defense of the ICC Champions Trophy on home soil next year.”

PCB

It seems like PCB just found out that they have to appoint a new WHite-ball captain. LOL

--------------------------------

PCB confirms Babar Azam has stepped down as white-ball captain

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has confirmed that Babar Azam tendered his resignation as Pakistan men’s white-ball captain on Tuesday evening, and it has been accepted. The national selection committee has been tasked with beginning the process of formulating future white-ball cricket strategies, including recommending a new captain.

“Although the PCB had backed Babar Azam as the white-ball captain, his decision to step down reflects his desire to focus more on making a greater impact as a player.

“This decision is a testament to his professionalism and commitment to Pakistan cricket. He believes that dedicating himself fully to his batting will enable him to play a more decisive role in the team’s success in the shorter formats.

“The PCB acknowledges Babar’s contributions as white-ball captain, his ability to prioritise the team’s needs and his unwavering dedication to Pakistan cricket. The PCB will continue to support Babar Azam, recognising he still has much to offer both as a world-class batter and a senior statesman of the team.”

Babar Azam:

“Playing for Pakistan has always been my greatest honour and I’ve always placed the team’s success above everything else. Stepping down as captain will help me deliver even more for the team as a player and I’m fully committed to that path. The team’s success is what matters most.

“I’ve had the privilege of leading Pakistan for five remarkable years, always trying to give my best as both captain and player. At this stage, I strongly believe I can make a bigger impact by concentrating on my batting. I am grateful for the constant support from my teammates, coaches and the PCB throughout my captaincy.

“While it has been a great honour to lead Pakistan, now is the right time to shift my complete focus on batting, team’s objectives during this transitional phase and back the new captain and emerging players as we prepare for a crucial season ahead, including the defense of the ICC Champions Trophy on home soil next year.”

PCB
Ig it's time to start backing Babar again.

His performance in champions one day cup and him finally letting go of captaincy needs to be respected now.

As long as I don't seem him making recommendations on the field and remains a player only. He'll have my full support. The Champions One Day Cup showed that despite the critism he's still pak's best no 3.

No issue with him as a batter. And ik full well he's just an accumulator so I'll leave it at that.

Ig it's time to start backing Babar again.

His performance in champions one day cup and him finally letting go of captaincy needs to be respected now.

As long as I don't seem him making recommendations on the field and remains a player only. He'll have my full support. The Champions One Day Cup showed that despite the critism he's still pak's best no 3.

No issue with him as a batter. And ik full well he's just an accumulator so I'll leave it at that.
are you alright??

supporting babar???

I agree with what you said. Reality is he is still the best one out there.

are you alright??

supporting babar???

I agree with what you said. Reality is he is still the best one out there.
What? He's no longer captain? He's no longer in the nexus?

Even if he remains friends with the nexus, we can't claim he's blocking pathways. Every Tom dick and Harry had the perfect opportunity to prove why Babar sucks and that they are better but no one could? Kamram ghulam came close but in terms of avg he's far far behind and their sr's aren't far off. Babar was 100× more consistent while Kamran only had 2 innings of excellency.

What's wrong with me supporting a guy who actually proved that he's still the best no 3, is irreplaceable for now, and now isn't even captain and willingly stepped?

I am not delusional, my criteria was simple. Be the best and get rid of this nexus?

Babar was not the best captain but he's stepped down? And he's a crap player in international but he's still our most consistent?

Fair play meets fair rewards?

This could be another stunt from PCB. They will retain him after Australian tour.

What? He's no longer captain? He's no longer in the nexus?

Even if he remains friends with the nexus, we can't claim he's blocking pathways. Every Tom dick and Harry had the perfect opportunity to prove why Babar sucks and that they are better but no one could? Kamram ghulam came close but in terms of avg he's far far behind and their sr's aren't far off. Babar was 100× more consistent while Kamran only had 2 innings of excellency.

What's wrong with me supporting a guy who actually proved that he's still the best no 3, is irreplaceable for now, and now isn't even captain and willingly stepped?

I am not delusional, my criteria was simple. Be the best and get rid of this nexus?

Babar was not the best captain but he's stepped down? And he's a crap player in international but he's still our most consistent?

Fair play meets fair rewards?
@BouncerGuy

No one could prove that they are a better no 3 them Babar

But everyone on the planet proved why they are a better no 4 them rizwan?

Yet rizwan is travelling to Pakistan to Play against England?

And yes you heard me, Travel to pakistan because I'd renounce his citizenship if I had the power.

@BouncerGuy

No one could prove that they are a better no 3 them Babar

But everyone on the planet proved why they are a better no 4 them rizwan?

Yet rizwan is travelling to Pakistan to Play against England?

And yes you heard me, Travel to pakistan because I'd renounce his citizenship if I had the power.
Rizwan is gonna be your next captain.

How do you rate Babar Azam's captaincy?

Tests
Matches: 20
Won: 10
Lost: 6
Win/Loss Ratio: 1.66

ODIs
Matches: 43
Won: 26
Lost: 15
Win/Loss Ratio: 1.73