Babar & Rizwan become first cricketers to join Harvard Business School's executive education program

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Babar & Rizwan become first cricketers to join Harvard Business School's executive education program

Press Release

27 May 2023

Harvard beckons Babar Azam, Muhammad Rizwan, and mentor Talha Rehmani for the prestigious program

The world number one ranked ODI batter and Captain of the Pakistan cricket team Babar Azam and wicketkeeper Muhammad Rizwan, the Vice Captain of the Pakistan test cricket team, are the first cricketers to join the Harvard Business School's executive education program, on The Business of Entertainment, Media, and Sports (BEMS), with their mentor, the Saya Corporation Founder and CEO, Talha Rehmani.

The trio is representing Pakistan and the cricket world among a myriad of global movers and shakers in sports, media, and entertainment.

Babar and Rizwan will be among the lengthy list of celebrities and top-tier sportspersons who have taken the famous course previously, these include Kaka Edwin van der Sar, Gerard Piqué, Oliver Kahn, NFL’s Brandon Marshall, NBA’s Miami Heat teammates Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade, and Hollywood A-listers including Channing Tatum and LL Cool J, Major League Baseball’s Alex Rodriguez, NBA stars Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Paul, and Pau Gasol to name a few.

The trio flew out from Karachi for the USA to participate in the program from May 31 to June 3, at the Harvard Business School in Boston, Massachusetts.

They will be engaging with the various communities in the US after the program till June 13.

"It is a huge honor to represent Pakistan on such a prestigious global stage. We are going to the BEMS program at Harvard to learn from the best of the best in the world – both in terms of faculty and program fellows – and at the same time to share our journey and learnings with everyone. I am certain that this will be an exciting journey, and I look forward to sharing our learning and experiences with the next superstars of the cricket world," said Rizwan, the no. 2 men’s T20I batter of the world.

The program chair is the brilliant Professor Anita Elberse, one of the youngest women ever to earn tenure at Harvard Business School.

Prof. Elberse is known worldwide for her work on digital media strategies. She has conducted case studies on dozens of personalities, entertainment companies, and other entities. Her work includes case studies on Jay-Z, Beyoncé, K-Pop band BTS, Walt Disney Studios, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, Sir Alex Ferguson, etc.

“I am delighted to be able to welcome Babar Azam and Muhammad Rizwan to the Harvard Business School and to the BEMS program,” said Elberse. “We think the other participants will benefit greatly from their experiences as world-class athletes with a strong interest in the business world.”

It is the first time any professional cricketer has participated in the prestigious program.

Like Rizwan, Babar is also delighted at getting the chance to experience one of the best classrooms in the world with the top leaders in various industries coming from different countries.

“I am a lifelong learner and I have had detailed chats about this program with Prof. Elberse and [Talha] Rehmani. My inspiration for joining this world-class program at Harvard is to connect, explore, listen, learn, grow, and give back to the community worldwide. I am sure there are scores of things to learn from the amazing athletes and top business executives from the entertainment, media, and sports industries who are coming from corners of the world," said Babar.

“Muhammad Rizwan and Babar Azam are global icons and bigger than what they do on the cricket field. Their participation in this program is also important for the representation of cricket as a global sport as billions of fans enjoy it globally,” said Talha, a Fulbright scholar. He attended Carnegie Mellon University for his master’s degree in Robotics.

“As the USA is investing increasingly in the cricket world, I am positive that this is only the beginning of a new historic chapter for cricket. We have worked extremely hard for this to happen and are grateful for the opportunity to gain experience and learn from the best minds in the world.”

Last edited:
Both seem to be working hard!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="hi" dir="ltr">Ye kya ho raha hai? &#55358;&#56619;&#55358;&#56596;&#55358;&#57059; <a href="https://t.co/Lxob4hJALk">pic.twitter.com/Lxob4hJALk</a></p>— Babar Azam (@babarazam258) <a href="https://twitter.com/babarazam258/status/1663574910759845888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe Harvard run a course on cricket captaincy.

To be clear, Harvard and other Unis will offer these sort of "executive" courses to anyone who pays.

All this is available online.

However, the main point for me is that both players are making the effort to improve themselves.

I just hope Pakistan media and the players themselves don't start thinking that this is a "degree from Harvard" - that would be wrong.

So was Tendulkar. Don't see how that has anything to do with giving a lecture on being a sportsman.

Tendulkar failed once in his standard 10 exams, but he isn't a drop out. He did pass his standard 12 exams. He isn't a graduate though.

The course at Harvard will surely be taught in English. Both Babar and Rizwan are english-challenged. Wonder how they'll cope?

The course at Harvard will surely be taught in English. Both Babar and Rizwan are english-challenged. Wonder how they'll cope?

They make allowances.

These executive programs cater to people from all over the world.

I guess idea is to impart management type skills - language doesn't matter

For Reference:

H0aHweJ.png

smnlEBF.png

https://www.exed.hbs.edu/program-fi...E&gclsrc=aw.ds&industry=Media & Entertainment

Last edited:
SO this is a course? Not a degree or a diploma?

Cause these guys are not even high school passed and their high school results are irrelevent as they have changed their names and ages.

Pathetic stuff from Harvard if they just give out a diploma or degrees just for a small fee, without any background check here.

SO this is a course? Not a degree or a diploma?

Cause these guys are not even high school passed and their high school results are irrelevent as they have changed their names and ages.

Pathetic stuff from Harvard if they just give out a diploma or degrees just for a small fee, without any background check here.

Yes a course.

They pay $12k each and get a certificate

The idea of these types of certificates is that they are done to actually learn something and NOT for dikhawa

Yes a course.

The idea of these types of certificates is that they are done to actually learn something and NOT for dikhawa

Shouldn't be offered to Pakistani cricketers or sportsman without a real High School report card or a real Uni degree. They fake their ages and names, and make their older degrees and education irrelevant.

Unis probably offer these courses to make a quick buck off of such people.

I have respect for Babar and Rizwan, but the fact is, there is mroe than likely a chance they either play on fake age or fake name. 90% cricketers do this, and I have no issue with that aswell. KNowing the circumstances, it is understandable.

However, education should not be insulted like this and thats where the line needs to be drawn.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Met some thoughtful committed people ready to change the world.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Harvard?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Harvard</a> <a href="https://t.co/ofRycvI3VX">pic.twitter.com/ofRycvI3VX</a></p>— Babar Azam (@babarazam258) <a href="https://twitter.com/babarazam258/status/1664982307177111558?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Salam from Harvard!<br><br>Grateful to you all for the birthday wishes. I pray and wish the very best for you in every aspect of life. &#55358;&#56626; <a href="https://t.co/6lNfvMrKi8">pic.twitter.com/6lNfvMrKi8</a></p>— Muhammad Rizwan (@iMRizwanPak) <a href="https://twitter.com/iMRizwanPak/status/1664979219506421762?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
The executive education industry is mainly like a diploma mill. You pay over the odds and get a useless certificate at the end of it...but the certificate is from a prestigious institution.

Lots of wealthy people in the third world go for these types of diplomas and some western companies send their execs on them so they can add a certification from harvard/oxford etc on their linkedin.

Babar and Riz aren't gonna come out of this as highly education business graduates, but if it develops their confidence and self esteem it can be a good thing.

The executive education industry is mainly like a diploma mill. You pay over the odds and get a useless certificate at the end of it...but the certificate is from a prestigious institution.

Lots of wealthy people in the third world go for these types of diplomas and some western companies send their execs on them so they can add a certification from harvard/oxford etc on their linkedin.

Babar and Riz aren't gonna come out of this as highly education business graduates, but if it develops their confidence and self esteem it can be a good thing.

That's all there is to it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Met some thoughtful committed people ready to change the world.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Harvard?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Harvard</a> <a href="https://t.co/ofRycvI3VX">pic.twitter.com/ofRycvI3VX</a></p>— Babar Azam (@babarazam258) <a href="https://twitter.com/babarazam258/status/1664982307177111558?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Salam from Harvard!<br><br>Grateful to you all for the birthday wishes. I pray and wish the very best for you in every aspect of life. <a href="https://t.co/6lNfvMrKi8">pic.twitter.com/6lNfvMrKi8</a></p>— Muhammad Rizwan (@iMRizwanPak) <a href="https://twitter.com/iMRizwanPak/status/1664979219506421762?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can you please share a video of Babar’s speech to Harvard students

Can’t wait to hear it

Yes a course.

Sure the name and certification is what they end up paying for, but I strongly disagree that there is nothing to be learned. It’s a hefty price, but people like them, could be splashing it on all kinds of baqwas. Knowledge is power.

With courses in general, it’s more about sound fundamentals and developing other skills such as discipline, commitment and mental strength. How much of what you studied at degree level, is still useful to this day as far as the core syllabus is concerned? majority of people do their real learning in industry and that initial learning is putting you in a position to meet the basic requirement to do so, these courses wont go into as much depth, but they’re not far from the same intended objective.

I think any form of learning from a country where this is not really a major priority and ignorance/bigotry spread like a disease, this is refreshing, especially with their sport background.

Sure the name and certification is what they end up paying for, but I strongly disagree that there is nothing to be learned. It’s a hefty price, but people like them, could be splashing it on all kinds of baqwas. Knowledge is power.

With courses in general, it’s more about sound fundamentals and developing other skills such as discipline, commitment and mental strength. How much of what you studied at degree level, is still useful to this day as far as the core syllabus is concerned? majority of people do their real learning in industry and that initial learning is putting you in a position to meet the basic requirement to do so, these courses wont go into as much depth, but they’re not far from the same intended objective.

I think any form of learning from a country where this is not really a major priority and ignorance/bigotry spread like a disease, this is refreshing, especially with their sport background.

I agree. These 2 are big role models in the country, and instead of fixing games, drinking beer or getting caught for drugs, they’re actually sharing something positive in their daily life.

Whatever the certification is, is irrelevant. It’s at a top uni worldwide and they’re trying to learn something and expand their knowledge. That’s p great already.

Last edited:
On the last day of the program, Rizwan went a step further by gifting a Holy Quran to his teacher from the Harvard Business School's executive education program.

lwaPa2H.png

Absolutely. Im all for it. I mean any form of self development is better than bitter ranting on twitter which is typical for most of our cricketers.

My point is that we shouldn't suddenly expect them to operate in the same way as Harvard grads after completing a 3 day seminar.

Absolutely. Im all for it. I mean any form of self development is better than bitter ranting on twitter which is typical for most of our cricketers.

My point is that we shouldn't suddenly expect them to operate in the same way as Harvard grads after completing a 3 day seminar.

Agree on that totally. They’d need to add to this for sure with self study and other courses which offer more value. There is so much out there now it’s crazy.

I agree. These 2 are big role models in the country, and instead of fixing games, drinking beer or getting caught for drugs, they’re actually sharing something positive in their daily life.

Whatever the certification is, is irrelevant. It’s at a top uni worldwide and they’re trying to learn something and expand their knowledge. That’s p great already.

100% We need more of them to give consideration to learning in this regard, but when the bacha party support you, why bother when all you need to do is eat angoor and gain weight by drinking water to elevate yourself in their eyes :yk3

Some people still grappling with the fact that Babar and Rizwan spent $12k to get a certificate from a top US university.

What we should look for now is how they improve themselves and not worry about whether they deserve to be at Harvard or not.

Agree on that totally. They’d need to add to this for sure with self study and other courses which offer more value. There is so much out there now it’s crazy.

PCB should offer an educational pathway to its players so they have the skills to compete in the modern world.

At least they should ensure that they recieve high school diplomas and have basic numeracy/literacy skills.

On the last day of the program, Rizwan went a step further by gifting a Holy Quran to his teacher from the Harvard Business School's executive education program.

lwaPa2H.png

People are too polite sometimes. Unless she really was interested in reading it, she should have just refused his photo-op moment.

Seriously, is that the best he could think of offering her as a thank you?

People are too polite sometimes. Unless she really was interested in reading it, she should have just refused his photo-op moment.

Yes to some, the Quran is the best thing there is.

it seems as if the lady has no issues, but its you who has issues here. Thankfully, a Harvard professor is not a bigot like you.

For Muslims, Quran is the best thing, so yes it could be the best thing from his side to offer her.

He is not converting her or anything, just giving her a gift. Now its upto the professor to read it or not.

Also, if you bothered to notice, there is a souvenir GM autograph bat aswell, which itself would be worth alot of money with Rizwans and Babars signature on it. So he gave two gifts, where one can be sold for good amount of money and while another good be kept.

I understand this is something unknown to Indians, but in western societies, they often do keep other books on religion to read with interest.

it seems as if the lady has no issues, but its you who has issues here. Thankfully, a Harvard professor is not a bigot like you.

For Muslims, Quran is the best thing, so yes it could be the best thing from his side to offer her.

He is not converting her or anything, just giving her a gift. Now its upto the professor to read it or not.

Also, if you bothered to notice, there is a souvenir GM autograph bat aswell, which itself would be worth alot of money with Rizwans and Babars signature on it. So he gave two gifts, where one can be sold for good amount of money and while another good be kept.

I understand this is something unknown to Indians, but in western societies, they often do keep other books on religion to read with interest.

Everyone's a bigot when they're saying what you don't want to hear.

Rizwan decided to keep the photo I guess as a souvenir too. Just presenting it to her wasn't enough. He also had to take a pic and show it off, so non-bigoted folk like you would love him more?

All religious books are believed by their followers to contain the complete and perfect life lessons on this life and the next. Maybe Rizwan should have stuck to completing his Quranic studies rather than trying to get some Harvard whatever it is that he got :)

Rizwan decided to keep the photo I guess as a souvenir too. Just presenting it to her wasn't enough. He also had to take a pic and show it off, so non-bigoted folk like you would love him more?

All religious books are believed by their followers to contain the complete and perfect life lessons on this life and the next. Maybe Rizwan should have stuck to completing his Quranic studies rather than trying to get some Harvard whatever it is that he got :)

Man you guys find something to moan about in everything

:))

Did the professor mind the picture? NO

Its you who has the issue with the pic, even though you are not even in it.

But i understand its not the picture thats bothering you, its the Quran. Even though he gave an autrograph bat which is in the pic, but still you are bothered by the Quran.

Wow, now reading your last para, it shows that your issue was with Quran itself after all.

Surprised that an Indian that has Muslims living in his country dont even know about Islamic religion, maybe India doesnt have cross cultural relations.

Quranic studies is something almost every Muslim kid does as its one of the requirements. Plus, we learn different verses from the Quran that we use in our prayer, so your comment is quite Stupid saying that he should complete his Quranic studies instead, when he is a practicing muslim. Infact, his family is very religous.

There is a thread on WHATEVER IT IS HE GOT, but i understand that wont interest you, because you are probably a bigot that got annoyed with a Quran being gifted, being accepted and being photographed with it with no issue.

Its as if you wanted an issue to be created. You are no different than those indians that tried to blame a train accident on muslims because they thought a mosque was located near by.

Did the professor mind the picture? NO
How do you know? Maybe she was just being polite as I suggested in my first post here.

Its you who has the issue with the pic, even though you are not even in it.
No thanks. I would never ask Rizwan for a pic :apology

And certainly not if he offered me a Quran in it.

This reminds me of when I bought my first car. They gifted me a Gita. I laughed about it to make it less awkward but returned it asking them why they assumed I was a Hindu. I have the Gita at home just so you know, but it was the principle.

Wow, now reading your last para, it shows that your issue was with Quran itself after all.

Which part of my post didn't make this clear? That and the Modi-type photo-op moment.

lwaPa2H.png

Rizwan taking a photo with a woman? On many occasions, he has refused to take photos with females, saying that he was a devout Muslims. He even refused to look at the face of sports interviewer Zainab Abbas - forcing her to stand behind his back whilst she asked him questions. I have found Rizwan to be a massive hypocrite.

He is always looking at ways to impress the gullible public by such antics. However, when there is no camera, he has no problem interacting and practising wicketkeeping with English Women cricket team wicketkeeper. When it is his own interest, he doesn't mind a photo or two with women.

Rizwan taking a photo with a woman? On many occasions, he has refused to take photos with females, saying that he was a devout Muslims. He even refused to look at the face of sports interviewer Zainab Abbas - forcing her to stand behind his back whilst she asked him questions. I have found Rizwan to be a massive hypocrite.

He is always looking at ways to impress the gullible public by such antics. However, when there is no camera, he has no problem interacting and practising wicketkeeping with English Women cricket team wicketkeeper. When it is his own interest, he doesn't mind a photo or two with women.

Aok, plz tell us what should had rizwan done here?

Just so you know, there is a difference between a fan who will violate ur personal space in pakistan and a teacher.

I wondr if its the guys islamic life style than bothers alot of people around here?

Aok, plz tell us what should had rizwan done here?

Just so you know, there is a difference between a fan who will violate ur personal space in pakistan and a teacher.

I wondr if its the guys islamic life style than bothers alot of people around here?

Nobody was violating his personal space. There was this Indian lady who asked him to take a photo and he refused because there were cameras. Off-camera, he has no problem interacting and taking photos with women. If he is really pious then he should not be a hypocrite and be consistent. Zainab Abbas was not invading his personal space.

Yes a course.

Harvard is not the only university in USA making money from these "courses". Its common and has been like this for decades. Its in UK also. Many of the rich politicians "studied " in Harvard and Oxford by buying some kind of certificate , Benazir and Bialawal are just an example.

Nobody was violating his personal space. There was this Indian lady who asked him to take a photo and he refused because there were cameras. Off-camera, he has no problem interacting and taking photos with women. If he is really pious then he should not be a hypocrite and be consistent. Zainab Abbas was not invading his personal space.

1. Zainab Abbas did not take a photo, just stood there for an interview. Now, You dont live in Pakistan, but many religious people tend to be shy and can not stare a women in the eye, so when they talk they keep their eyes down.

2. That Indian lady was a fan, and Rizwan tends to make sure that females dont invade his personal space as he feels comfortable.

3. This is a professor, not a fan. Fans get in your face for a selfie.

4. WHat do you mean by is he really pious? Has he committed some crime? How can you doubt his unpious this by a pic where he is giving the Quran as a gift?

5. The issue is not a pic with the professor, issue for many is that why he gave the Quran. Babar also took photos but no one is criticizing him

Harvard is not the only university in USA making money from these "courses". Its common and has been like this for decades. Its in UK also. Many of the rich politicians "studied " in Harvard and Oxford by buying some kind of certificate , Benazir and Bialawal are just an example.

Benazir and Belawal did not buy certificates, they were properly enrolled in a University program and got their degrees. Bilawal did Bachelor of Arts. Benazir attended Harvard, she graduated with Cum laude honors, and also witness the wave femenissm activism over there. From oxford she did a second under graduate degree program.

So plz, dont insult other peoples education. Funny how you didnt mention Imran Khans degree from Oxford.

1. Zainab Abbas did not take a photo, just stood there for an interview. Now, You dont live in Pakistan, but many religious people tend to be shy and can not stare a women in the eye, so when they talk they keep their eyes down.

2. That Indian lady was a fan, and Rizwan tends to make sure that females dont invade his personal space as he feels comfortable.

4. WHat do you mean by is he really pious? Has he committed some crime? How can you doubt his unpious this by a pic where he is giving the Quran as a gift?

5. The issue is not a pic with the professor, issue for many is that why he gave the Quran. Babar also took photos but no one is criticizing him

This is not related to the profession of a female. I am criticising the hypocrisy in Rizwan's action. If he genuinely does not want to interact or take photos with women, why is he taking one here with the professor? And, why does he have no problems practising with English women team wicketkeeper when there are no cameras? All his actions are for the camera. He has this itch of proving that he is the flag-bearer of Islam which is really cringy.

He is putting up this show for the public; he knows what the public admires. Aik number ka dramabaaz hai yeh.

This is not related to the profession of a female. I am criticising the hypocrisy in Rizwan's action. If he genuinely does not want to interact or take photos with women, why is he taking one here with the professor? And, why does he have no problems practising with English women team wicketkeeper when there are no cameras? All his actions are for the camera. He has this itch of proving that he is the flag-bearer of Islam which is really cringy.

He is putting up this show for the public; he knows what the public admires. Aik number ka dramabaaz hai yeh.

1. i think i have explained it already which you ignored and you are just repeating the questions. Difference between fans and professionals.

2. Your issue is with the Quran basically

3. Its better to know that his family in Peshawar are very religious and are involved in working for the mosque.

1. i think i have explained it already which you ignored and you are just repeating the questions. Difference between fans and professionals.

2. Your issue is with the Quran basically

3. Its better to know that his family in Peshawar are very religious and are involved in working for the mosque.

You answer makes no sense. Let me clear it up.
Rizwan is a pious man so he does not like to take photos with women. Rizwan is a pious man so he only takes photos with female professionals. Why doesn't he take photos with female fans? The truth is, he is putting up a show. Why does he have no problems befriending English woman wicket keeper?

See the contradiction?

But there is no problem taking photo with a female professor? No invasion of personal space?

But there is no problem taking photo with a female professor? No invasion of personal space?

There is a difference between a fan and a teacher. A fan doesnt care about personal space and tries to get as close as possible and lean on you for a good photo.

Teachers dont lean on you and are professionals. Even a fellow female cricketer or host would be professional compared to a fan.

Besides, Rizwan wanted to appreciate his teacher, plus, as his professor was dutch, it means more giving a Quran to her

You answer makes no sense. Let me clear it up.
Rizwan is a pious man so he does not like to take photos with women. Rizwan is a pious man so he only takes photos with female professionals. Why doesn't he take photos with female fans? The truth is, he is putting up a show. Why does he have no problems befriending English woman wicket keeper?

See the contradiction?

There are no contradictions, there is a difference between a fan and professional.

There is a difference between a fan and a teacher. A fan doesnt care about personal space and tries to get as close as possible and lean on you for a good photo.

Teachers dont lean on you and are professionals. Even a fellow female cricketer or host would be professional compared to a fan.

Besides, Rizwan wanted to appreciate his teacher, plus, as his professor was dutch, it means more giving a Quran to her

The Indian lady was pretty much far away from Rizwan but he still declined the photo. I am not concerned with him giving his professor the Quran but rather the awful display of hypocrisy. Reminds me of Afridi when he declined a woman’s handshake but is perfectly fine with getting facial treatment from a woman behind closed doors. Bunch of hypocrites!

Benazir and Bilawal got legit degrees. I think there was some nepotisn involved in getting them into those unis but they got proper degrees and were involved in student life. Benazir I think became head of the oxford union too

The Indian lady was pretty much far away from Rizwan but he still declined the photo. I am not concerned with him giving his professor the Quran but rather the awful display of hypocrisy. Reminds me of Afridi when he declined a woman’s handshake but is perfectly fine with getting facial treatment from a woman behind closed doors. Bunch of hypocrites!

again you still not understanding how fans take photos and just repeating the same thing.

Benazir and Bilawal got legit degrees. I think there was some nepotisn involved in getting them into those unis but they got proper degrees and were involved in student life. Benazir I think became head of the oxford union too

Well to be fair thats how it works when it comes to people from the govt getting admissions in these institutes. Imran Khan's admission was secured by a lecturer who was a cricket fan, even Imran Khan was denied admission by Cambridge

again you still not understanding how fans take photos and just repeating the same thing.

His principle is no interaction and photos with women. But he happily takes photos with women when there is no camera. The Indian lady was not invading his personal space.

His principle is no interaction and photos with women. But he happily takes photos with women when there is no camera. The Indian lady was not invading his personal space.
keep being ignorant i guess

Wow didn't see this coming

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former UFC Welterweight(170lbs) Champion, Kamaru Usman meets with Pakistan's National Cricket Team's Captain, Babar Azam at Harvard University <a href="https://t.co/Ijxr7UgJhm">pic.twitter.com/Ijxr7UgJhm</a></p>— SHAMS MAKHANI (@ShamsMakhani) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsMakhani/status/1665069081303588868?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Just watched a video of Rizwan offering Namaz on a pavement in US.

This man is really taking everyone for a ride! Why pray on a pavement when you can do so in your car? And, why even make a video of you praying on a pavement? This guy is pure cringe!

This man is really taking everyone for a ride! Why pray on a pavement when you can do so in your car? And, why even make a video of you praying on a pavement? This guy is pure cringe!

my father has often prayed in parks and pavement whenever prayer time hit in foreign countries. You cant pray in a car cause you would need to park your car in a particular direction.

Next your issue would be why is he praying at all. Seems your issue is with him practicing the religion

my father has often prayed in parks and pavement whenever prayer time hit in foreign countries. You cant pray in a car cause you would need to park your car in a particular direction.

Next your issue would be why is he praying at all. Seems your issue is with him practicing the religion

Why did he make the video? To show he is most pious man on this planet. Bohut dikhawa karta hai yeh!

i did not see any such video been uploaded by RIzwans own social media accounts. The videos are probably being made by passerby.

Now hos is RIzwan responsible to passerbys making videos?

Why did he make the video? To show he is most pious man on this planet. Bohut dikhawa karta hai yeh!

who said rizwan made the video? Rizwan has not even uploaded any such video on his SM accounts. He doesnt even use SM.

I checked his manager company, saya corporation and nothing there.

It seems as if random passerbys made videos and uploaded on tiktok.

How is that Rizwans fault?

who said rizwan made the video? Rizwan has not even uploaded any such video on his SM accounts. He doesnt even use SM.

I checked his manager company, saya corporation and nothing there.

It seems as if random passerbys made videos and uploaded on tiktok.

How is that Rizwans fault?

It is probably made by someone who was with Rizwan. He deliberately puts himself in such situations so that a video would be made. He is trying very hard to tell everyone that he is the best Muslim. He knows every well such antics strike a chord with the awaam.

It is probably made by someone who was with Rizwan. He deliberately puts himself in such situations so that a video would be made. He is trying very hard to tell everyone that he is the best Muslim. He knows every well such antics strike a chord with the awaam.

You said PROBABLY, means you are not even sure about anything. First you said RIzwan posted this when he never di.

How does he put himself in this situation? Dont you know muslims pray 5 times a day, if it was time for prayer how did he put himself in that situation? You are claiming that he stood on the janamaz till some brown guy with a camera came and than he started his namaz?

You are talking nonsense as usual.

Nothing on his SM accounts, nothing by his agent. Just some random tiktok video posted by a passerby, and you are making conclusions after conclusions

You said PROBABLY, means you are not even sure about anything. First you said RIzwan posted this when he never di.

How does he put himself in this situation? Dont you know muslims pray 5 times a day, if it was time for prayer how did he put himself in that situation? You are claiming that he stood on the janamaz till some brown guy with a camera came and than he started his namaz?

You are talking nonsense as usual.

Nothing on his SM accounts, nothing by his agent. Just some random tiktok video posted by a passerby, and you are making conclusions after conclusions

Why can't he pray in his hotel room or a secluded place? He knows he does not need to upload the video by himself as there are Pakistanis everywhere who would do so. The man who took the video is his friend I think.

Such antics by him are not new. He has a long history of such shenangians to win brownie points.

He is such an upright man that he refuses to take photos with women but has no problems interacting and practising keeping with English women cricket keeper when the cameras are off. A master showman!:qdkcheeky

Why can't he pray in his hotel room or a secluded place? He knows he does not need to upload the video by himself as there are Pakistanis everywhere who would do so. The man who took the video is his friend I think.

Such antics by him are not new. He has a long history of such shenangians to win brownie points.

He is such an upright man that he refuses to take photos with women but has no problems interacting and practising keeping with English women cricket keeper when the cameras are off. A master showman!:qdkcheeky

you are digging a hole now.

Look at the video again, its evening. He was probably on his way to somewhere and had to pray. Maghrib prayers have the smallest window. As you have to pray withn then 20-30 min time span before the sun sets.

First you claimed he uploaded now you are saying the person who took his video is his friend I THINK. You are still not sure and just flip flopping from one point to another.

He didnt upload anything on his SM and nor his management company.

Now, you are whining about the women part again........

I knew you would have issues with someone praying Namaz.

you are digging a hole now.

Look at the video again, its evening. He was probably on his way to somewhere and had to pray. Maghrib prayers have the smallest window. As you have to pray withn then 20-30 min time span before the sun sets.

First you claimed he uploaded now you are saying the person who took his video is his friend I THINK. You are still not sure and just flip flopping from one point to another.

He didnt upload anything on his SM and nor his management company.

Now, you are whining about the women part again........

I knew you would have issues with someone praying Namaz.

This man is full of contradictions. Good to see people calling him out on Insta for his antics.

Strongly believe Rizwan lives on another planet in his mind

The guy needs psychological help

Rizwan is all about PR. The guy has been given too much attention for a bang average cricketer who really can’t bat. Most people on this forum are also guilty of this, you made him a hero just to make the old management under IK look good. I was calling him out from the get go purely on cricket basis but never could I imagine that this guy would eventually become a serious issue with his off field antics!

Last edited by a moderator:
Strongly believe Rizwan lives on another planet in his mind

The guy needs psychological help

Please don’t delete this post and protect PRizwan

He is all about PR. The guy has been given too much attention for a bang average cricketer who really can’t bat. Most people on this forum are also guilty of this, you made him a hero just to make the old management under IK look good. I was calling him out from the get go purely on cricket basis but never could I imagine that this guy would eventually become a serious issue with his off field antics!

You may have a point to some extent, but you may also benefit from a therapist. Seriously, you have a big meltdown with each breath he takes :))

Riswan has caused so much harm that certain folk are willing to abandon Team Pakistan and become India’s resident Gobbledy Gooker

Riswan has caused so much harm that certain folk are willing to abandon Team Pakistan and become India’s resident Gobbledy Gooker

Indeed

This guy makes me hate the team I loved so much

Indeed

He is an attention seeker but any one player is not bigger than the team, shouldn’t make you cross the pond especially

He is an attention seeker but any one player is not bigger than the team, shouldn’t make you cross the pond especially

It took too long

Toooo long for the likes of you who have defended and praised him so much to finally realise my POV on him. I don’t really care if he is an attention seeker tbh. It’s not my problem anymore. Pakistan the nation will have to deal with this guy once he moves away from cricket and runs for PM or something. You’ve seen how one nutcase has driven the nation into divide, this guy is well on his way too.

He did this in nyc. There’s literally a mosque every 10-15 mins in nyc… I don’t see why he needed to pray on the street rather than earn sawab of praying in congregation

Double checked. There’s a mosque 5 mins walk from the spot her prayed in. Will be in nyc this weekend. Will hang around mosques and see if I can find him doing prayers on the street 5 mins away from mosque

Indeed

Take it easy Bro!

Who knows, he might have distributed copies to his fellow Harvard colleagues as well and may have plans to preach Aussie, English, West Indies and other cricketers. I don't mind what he does as long as he performs well for the country.

Most of the Tablighis in South Asia have this mindset that it's their religious duty to preach non-muslims at their work-place and invite them towards Islam. Most believe that non-muslims live a sinful, materialistic and corrupt life and it's a duty of a Muslim to guide them. Rizwan is doing the same, that's his belief.

Btw, Rizwan is a young guy and is still exploring the world and himself. I'm sure once he travels more and meet more people from different background he might change his views.

Piousness sells in Pakistan. He knows how to market himself. Soon will come out with a clothing brand. I find him cringe but if he performing on the field I don’t care really.

Double checked. There’s a mosque 5 mins walk from the spot her prayed in. Will be in nyc this weekend. Will hang around mosques and see if I can find him doing prayers on the street 5 mins away from mosque

Great

Give our Salams to him if you meet him.

You can’t make videos in a mosque

It took too long

Toooo long for the likes of you who have defended and praised him so much to finally realise my POV on him. I don’t really care if he is an attention seeker tbh. It’s not my problem anymore. Pakistan the nation will have to deal with this guy once he moves away from cricket and runs for PM or something. You’ve seen how one nutcase has driven the nation into divide, this guy is well on his way too.

It’s not that deep, l don’t think anyone should invest in his or anyones endeavours to this extent, you risk losing sleep and will end up with poor well being. Look, you’re here criticising him praying namaz, there are thieves and traitors which people praise in contrast. Anyway, I read somewhere that he had to pray because where he was, there was no mosque etc I take your point on him, but whether I or others don’t recognise x or y, shouldn’t impact you or anything to this degree, it’s not worth your investment, sport should be an escape and you’re there for the ride like everyone else

He did this in nyc. There’s literally a mosque every 10-15 mins in nyc… I don’t see why he needed to pray on the street rather than earn sawab of praying in congregation

Like I have, this was an evening prayer, small window, plus he is not a local there and doesnt know if there was a mosque or how far was it. Sure, we can sit here on our computers and use google maps to bash him.

When islam allows you to pray whereever you want, stop making lame excuses that he should now be praying in congregation to earn sawab.

Guys prayer has really irked a few here which is abit odd.

Back