"You are saving yourself, hiding behind seven selectors": Ahmed Shehzad criticizes Babar Azam's leadership

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Ahmed Shehzad expressed his criticisms of Babar Azam's leadership skills during an appearance on a local TV program:

"Obviously, now you [Babar Azam] are saving yourself, hiding behind seven selectors. You have to tell the public that for the past 4 years, they are my own players and whoever you have selected has delivered this sort of performances."

"The whole team gets scattered, but those 6-7 boys, you know how much depth a player has, and it was your responsibility to build them up."

"You were being made captain of the 24 crore people's Pakistan cricket team. Have you fulfilled your responsibility? A leader is not just meant to score his own fifty."

"In the past 5 years, I have not seen any vision from you; you have not prepared a player for Pakistan. For example, if you leave the team, what team are you leaving behind?"

Last edited:
He is right, Babar Azam has only focused on dosti yaar and has not produced a genuine player or team in the last 5 years

A leader is not just meant to score his own fifty."

LOL even that has become a hard task for him these days, gaining weight and eating biryani is his sole focus.

The only player pak has that performs consistently and this is what people say, imagine you get 11 performing players and the amount of people would say.

Pak deserves the stage they are at now. No offense

Last edited by a moderator:
The only player pak has that performs consistently and this is what people say, imagine you get 11 performing players and the amount of people would say.

That’s the point. Cricket is a team game. He plays for himself and doesn’t listen to anyone.

LOL what.
What has he performed lets say in ICC events last 3 years or vs India?

If cricket is about performing for yourself only and team be damned, then he definitely gets the cake.

You need to slap yourself and wake up if you think Bobbie is the kind of player who is capable of preparing a player for Pakistan.

:inti

If Babar hadn't been the captain then he would've been on the bench instead of playing XI.

Ahmed Shehzad expressed his criticisms of Babar Azam's leadership skills during an appearance on a local TV program:

"Obviously, now you [Babar Azam] are saving yourself, hiding behind seven selectors. You have to tell the public that for the past 4 years, they are my own players and whoever you have selected has delivered this sort of performances."

"The whole team gets scattered, but those 6-7 boys, you know how much depth a player has, and it was your responsibility to build them up."

"You were being made captain of the 24 crore people's Pakistan cricket team. Have you fulfilled your responsibility? A leader is not just meant to score his own fifty."

"In the past 5 years, I have not seen any vision from you; you have not prepared a player for Pakistan. For example, if you leave the team, what team are you leaving behind?"
Ahmed Shehzad was never a team player, now taking easy pot shots at the team and captain before a major tournament. Underachieving toxic player, no wonder that teams won't touch him with a barge pole.

The same can be said for Misbah ul Haqs reign from 2010 - 2017

What are we going to do against mighty teams? This is a horrible show from Pakistan cricket! Ahmed Shehzad was right, we don't have preparation for the World Cup.

Ahmad Shahzad criticized Babar Azam and Rizwan on a YouTube channel:

"People say that you are the world's greatest batsman but your 1400 runs have been scored in losing causes. Who is that king who comes to bat at number 3 and whenever he scores runs his team loses the game?"

"You have made small issues so big on social media that you have fooled your own people. You use young players whom you should have groomed by now but unfortunately you subject them to criticism on social media through your handlers. Saim Ayub is an example even Azam Khan, you left him all alone after a poor run."

"If your favorite player is asked to play two domestic matches he gets a report from the physio and gets out of it but when the PSL comes these guys get fit again."

"We are far behind others in cricket. We are playing that old style of game for the last four years without any improvement and now look at where you are standing and where others have reached."

I don't think we are going to see Babar as captain after this World Cup. It would be better for him to take responsibility of such lackluster performance and resign himself.

He is undoubtedly the latest addition to our never-ending "Former Cricketers with Verbal Diarrhea List." It was hilarious when he claimed, "I am not using media like Imad and Amir to get back into the team. I gave up my seven years of cricket because I was getting suffocated in the team." Everyone knows you were dropped and then begged to get back into the team, even in the PSL teams, but no one selected you. So you started your "cry me a river" show on TV!

During a TV program appearance, Ahmed Shehzad called Babar Azam a fake king:

“Your [Babar Azam] strike rate is 112 and average is 26. You haven't hit a single six in 207 balls in the Powerplay. I admit I could've improved on my own performances 8 years ago, but your stats are even worse. You are worse than me, but you are king. You're a fake king.

“He could not bring any trophy for Pakistan. After that you have ruined the entire domestic structure, you are such a captain, you cannot unconventionally run the domestic team to bring in your friends.”

“If you cannot do anything then you can at least do this much that now you should raise your hands and say that I had all the support, PCB gave me everything, but I could not deliver, I got the players of my choice, but I could not deliver for Pakistan, I am really really sorry, I am responsible.”

Babar Azam vs Ahmed Shehzad in T20 tournaments for Pakistan

PlayerInningsRunsAverageStrike Rate
Babar Azam2258527.8112
Ahmed Shehzad925031.2126.9

Imam-ul-Haq defended Babar Azam after Ahmed Shehzad's 'fake king' remarks:

"He’s your captain, you don’t want to consider him as a captain, it’s fine. The world has made him the king, you haven’t."

"Is there anyone who have been the number one in Pakistan’s ODI ranking as well as in the T20I."

"All of us have played for Pakistan and all of us have the right to criticize. None of us are satisfied with the team’s performance against India, but remember that the element of respect should not be ignored."

“Your [Babar Azam] strike rate is 112 and average is 26. You haven't hit a single six in 207 balls in the Powerplay. I admit I could've improved on my own performances 8 years ago, but your stats are even worse. You are worse than me, but you are king. You're a fake king.

“He could not bring any trophy for Pakistan. After that you have ruined the entire domestic structure, you are such a captain, you cannot unconventionally run the domestic team to bring in your friends.”

“If you cannot do anything then you can at least do this much that now you should raise your hands and say that I had all the support, PCB gave me everything, but I could not deliver, I got the players of my choice, but I could not deliver for Pakistan, I am really really sorry, I am responsible.”

Babar Azam2258527.8112

"He’s your captain, you don’t want to consider him as a captain, it’s fine. The world has made him the king, you haven’t."

"Is there anyone who have been the number one in Pakistan’s ODI ranking as well as in the T20I."

"All of us have played for Pakistan and all of us have the right to criticize. None of us are satisfied with the team’s performance against India, but remember that the element of respect should not be ignored."
Lol you know things are bad when a non performing awful tuk tuk player criticize you for strike rate and he is telling the truth as well.

I mean ahmed shehzad was epitome of mediocrity and this babar azam is way worse than him.

Look at this fake king's strike rate. It's beyond pathetic.
Babar azam should be kicked out for not performing in these big matches.

Babar Azam2258527.8112

Wow.... That is brutal, and way better in Urdu.

would you see SA NZ AUS ENG cricketer sitting on breakfast shows criticising fellow players ie Root criticising Buttler. what kind of language is that how is it acceptable.

Thats why as a nation the only time they celebrate is when a loan is passed !

Babar Azam2258527.8112

Khich ke Rakh Shazzy

Also expose useless Rizwan as well!

would you see SA NZ AUS ENG cricketer sitting on breakfast shows criticising fellow players ie Root criticising Buttler. what kind of language is that how is it acceptable.

Thats why as a nation the only time they celebrate is when a loan is passed !
Butler can't be criticized cause he's a future ATG and in the class of gilchrist, samgakara, Dhoni and various other keeping greats, infact excluding de villers (when he kept part time) butler is the most destructive keeper bat of all time so a simple 2023 bad tournament isn't an issue.

Secondly no one calls these players Kings or uses them as marketing gimmicks. Steve Smith was dropped from t20, no player made fun of him and he didn't make fun of any player, he accepted it.

Imagine if Australia did what Pakistan fans or what imam does aka hey remember in 2021 how babar was top scorer or his nz innings in 2019, like who cares? Steve Smith has a 62 ball 100 against India in 2020 and he butchered every team in 2015. Yet no one cares. They dropped him cause he sucks now plain and simple. Yet babar is given respite over respite for 2022 failure and 2024 failure etc etc amd the king mantra is carried on.

Shehzad is fully correct here. The planet views babar as a king and a golden boy when in reality he's one of the worst t20 openers to ever represent Pakistan in icc events. Just because you fill the team with tullay baz like chacha and azam doesn't mean you can't critisize babar.

Saying but oh babar is better then chacha is not a valid refutation to the argument of him sucking as a whole

Imagine taking Ahmed Shezad seriously enough to pay him to sit on a TV show.

Pak TV is a shambles.

Imagine taking Ahmed Shezad seriously enough to pay him to sit on a TV show.

Pak TV is a shambles.
They know exactly what they are doing. Shahzad is being used as a propaganda mouthpiece

Running his mouth with nothing to lose…but sowing the seeds of devaluing the image of Babar and his stakeholders in front of the nation.

No ‘credible’ person would openly spit such facts as Shahzad has done. This works perfectly for PCB if they want to use this as a way to do a clear out with Babar at the helm.

Shahzad still isn’t coming back, he knows he has gone down but he may do the nation a HUGE favour by taking Babar and his stakeholders down with him

They know exactly what they are doing. Shahzad is being used as a propaganda mouthpiece

Running his mouth with nothing to lose…but sowing the seeds of devaluing the image of Babar and his stakeholders in front of the nation.

No ‘credible’ person would openly spit such facts as Shahzad has done. This works perfectly for PCB if they want to use this as a way to do a clear out with Babar at the helm.

Shahzad still isn’t coming back, he knows he has gone down but he may do the nation a HUGE favour by taking Babar and his stakeholders down with him

I don't think he has spit facts as such. Any facts he may have brought forward are hidden between the rest of the statements.

This type of immature debate puts unnecessary pressure on players. Sure Babar may deserve some of it, but the knives are already out for the next guy, or the one after that in the same way.

The same channels will bend over backwards to praise Babar should we manage to get somewhere in the tournament.

The culture of insanity won't stop, nobody wins but overall our cricket loses.

Azhar Ali, while speaking on a local channel:

"Some recently retired players are now sitting on TV, talking nonsense and airing their grudges. Look at what you have achieved in your career. Sitting on TV and criticizing Babar or any other player is easy, but criticism should not be personal. Just because Babar cannot reply to you doesn't mean you can say any rubbish you want."

Azhar Ali, while speaking on a local channel:

"Some recently retired players are now sitting on TV, talking nonsense and airing their grudges. Look at what you have achieved in your career. Sitting on TV and criticizing Babar or any other player is easy, but criticism should not be personal. Just because Babar cannot reply to you doesn't mean you can say any rubbish you want."
Sorry azhar but you're wrong. Shehzad has a point when he was dropped for being poor but babar has not been dropped for being even poorer.

Shehzad deserves to remain out, but babar deserves it too until he improves.

My boy AS speaking some truth. Babar will remain though. Another 2 or 3 WCs more of humiliation await.

If I'm Babar I would just run away. What's the incentive to stay? Rauf bowls.absolute garbage in the last over against US. Amir bowls wide after wide. Rizwan plays an unnecessary rash stroke and Ifti can't clear a full toss ball. Then rain stops another game. How am I, Babar responsible for this? I, Babar could have won both games. It was a matter of good execution of 1 ball. When tuktuk Shahzad starts talking strategy, I Babar should laugh. But then, I can't laugh because I lost. So I, Babar quit before you can fire me. I can happily play leagues and make money. And when everyone in Pak starts begging me to come back, I will think about it but I won't guarantee anything.

Should Ahmad Shahzad be given a chance to represent Pakistan?
Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir were both selected for the Pakistan squad after ranting on the same television show.

Why not? Sounds like a good idea!

Let "Hasna Mana Hai" be a platform for the PCB to select players for the national team based on how well they can rant about the current National team.

Instead of the PSL and domestic leagues, players could compete to feature on that show. It would be fun to watch. :afridi

AS is inly doing this on Afridis instructions. I remember where there was a match and Afridi had his hand inside the back of AS trousers it was disgusting. Babar will go but if I was Babar or anyone friends with him I would never play under Afridis new son Shaheen. They need to bring someone unrelated in. As much as I dislike Shan Masood or Imam ul Haq id rather have either one than anything to do with this snake shahid Afridi

Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir were both selected for the Pakistan squad after ranting on the same television show.

Why not? Sounds like a good idea!

Let "Hasna Mana Hai" be a platform for the PCB to select players for the national team based on how well they can rant about the current National team.

Instead of the PSL and domestic leagues, players could compete to feature on that show. It would be fun to watch. :afridi
Its always easier to criticize others

It's the first time I am saying this but I would chuck him out of the side for the forseeable future. The way he kept hiding from the strike in a meaningless game against Ireland and left it to the bowlers to score all the runs to finally win it was a disgrace.

One of the most cowardly and selfish performances I've seen in a green shirt.

Shehzad could say ten right things, but it would always appear that it's coming from a place of bitterness and jealousy, which is accurate as well.

Ahmed Shehzad said, while appearing on a channel:

"Comparisons are fine when it comes to appearances, but let's be honest, Virat Kohli has gone far ahead with his career and records."

"There's no one like Virat Kohli, let alone me or anyone else. Many like to compare Babar Azam with him, but even those don't make sense"

"In my opinion, Virat Kohli is leaving behind a huge legacy for India and for the rest of the world."

"Good luck to the Indian cricket team to fill his shoes."

Ahmed Shehzad said, while appearing on a channel:

"Comparisons are fine when it comes to appearances, but let's be honest, Virat Kohli has gone far ahead with his career and records."

"There's no one like Virat Kohli, let alone me or anyone else. Many like to compare Babar Azam with him, but even those don't make sense"

"In my opinion, Virat Kohli is leaving behind a huge legacy for India and for the rest of the world."

"Good luck to the Indian cricket team to fill his shoes."
Theirs no one like virat kohli let alone me?

Shehzad is talking like he's some atg?

Back