Bangladesh [261] beat Sri Lanka [124] by 137 runs in the first match of the 2018 Asia Cup

Can't believe Matthews is still captain of Sri Lanka.... he makes Azhar Ali look like a legendary captain.

Bangla lucky to have 3 catches dropped. SRL cannot afford to make these many mistakes.

Everytime I see Lanka play they have five or six new names/faces that I don't recognize. Thisara bhai is a forever constant though. The gift that keeps on giving :afridi

Mathews might have to bowl here seeing how the spinners are faring.

Nothing in it for the spinners... glad we went with six pacers in the squad.

Just tuned into the match heard Sri Lanka dropped three catches ouch that's not good . Happy to see Malinga taking wickets

Garbage bowling by Lankan spinners so far... from the times of Murali to this :facepalm:

Afghanistan also have recently beaten them 3-0 in a T20 series so they must be high on confidence against them.

T20s and ODIs r two completely different format. Furthermore, we usually don't take t20s seriously which is why u'll hardly see us playing this form of cricket.

T20s r like lotteries. Even borderline minnow sl has beaten a team like Australia in Australia in this format. It means nothing. International T20s r played just for fun, it doesn't have the serious nature of tests or ODIs.

Great crowd. Don't recall seeing crowds come out for Pakistan in such numbers in all the the years they have been playing in the UAE. :srt

If that happens throughout the whole tournament, I'll give 21 "toppo ki salami" to our selection committee.

The pitches in UAE have very slow spin, they are not like subcontinental pitches. People often mistake these pitches for rank turners.

Great crowd. Don't recall seeing crowds come out for Pakistan in such numbers in all the the years they have been playing in the UAE. :srt

Yeah Bangladesh is a block buster side :))

Looks like BD will score 300+. Apart from Malinga SL does not have any good bowler plus fielding is too bad

Bangladesh is a popular cricket team because they play an attacking brand of cricket. When BD cricket team is in form, they r a treat to watch.

This is why we love seeing BD lose, their fans get so cocky with one partnership :cobra

Bangla lucky to have 3 catches dropped. SRL cannot afford to make these many mistakes.
Srilanka is lucky that the best Opener from Asia has already been retired out and a player of Shakib's caliber is playing with serious injury.

Good fifty for Mithun... looks like a good batsman

This is a tournament.

Mathews has no ideas how to handle this onslaught.

Huge crowd considering the match is being played in UAE.

Ppl just love to watch Bangladesh playing ODIs.

Worrying signs for the Afghans with the way the spinners are going. Without their spinners they are useless.

PCB: "Bangladesh is not commercially viable to host in the UAE" :))

Wait till Pak vs Ind
I don't disagree with u. Ind-Pak cricket match is something else.

But today's huge crowd in BD-SL match just proves the point I have made on numerous occasions in this forum. PCB's excuse of not inviting BD fir a full fledged series in UAE was absolutely ridiculous.

[MENTION=253]the Great Khan[/MENTION]

BD should aim for 280 atleast. Which means roughly 150 runs in the remaining 26 overs. A run rate of just 5.8 rpo. So 280 is the bare minimum they should get.

If these two can bat on until the 40th and Riyad can get some big hits going in the last 10 then 320+ is on the cards.

BD should aim for 280 atleast. Which means roughly 150 runs in the remaining 26 overs. A run rate of just 5.8 rpo. So 280 is the bare minimum they should get.

What is the par score in this pitch?
Also it will hard for Lankan batsmen to score 280+ against BD bowlers

If these two can bat on until the 40th and Riyad can get some big hits going in the last 10 then 320+ is on the cards.

Anything over 270 SL does not have any chance. Sl drops 2 many chances

The more I see SL spinners getting smashed more I get excited because we picked 6 pacers :))

SL's fielding has been atrocious...their bowling so far poor despite a disciplined start. We'll have to see how their batting fares.

Yeah but only one of them is any good and even he gets his wickets from the batsmen just having a slog.

All 6 pacers are better than anything BD have ever produced in their history. Come back and talk when you win anything.

Ariful would have been a better pick than Mosaddek in hindsight. His medium-pacers would have come in handy.

SL will be proper BD level minnow once Malinga retires.

You can't slog Malinga across the line like that...

It's a shame that our batters r gifting their wickets to an old and finished bowler like malinga :facepalm

What a pathetic performances by BD batsmen!!!!! 5 wickets gone after 3 catches dropped.

Malinga in this form is a dangerous opponent.

Its all up to Mushy to carry his bat. Mash needs to tonk a couple off the spinners. Miraz can bat a bit. Need to get to 250.

T20s and ODIs r two completely different format. Furthermore, we usually don't take t20s seriously which is why u'll hardly see us playing this form of cricket.

T20s r like lotteries. Even borderline minnow sl has beaten a team like Australia in Australia in this format. It means nothing. International T20s r played just for fun, it doesn't have the serious nature of tests or ODIs.

I am just saying that mentally Afghanistan will get confidence from whitewashing Bang in a T20 series. Ofcourse its a different format.

Pretty surprising that a national team of a country doesnt take international match seriously. May be they have more serious things to do. :irfan

I don't disagree with u. Ind-Pak cricket match is something else.

But today's huge crowd in BD-SL match just proves the point I have made on numerous occasions in this forum. PCB's excuse of not inviting BD fir a full fledged series in UAE was absolutely ridiculous.

[MENTION=253]the Great Khan[/MENTION]

Thats for one match. Dont think the crowd would be the same if it was a 3 or 5 match series.

Stick to this game pls - other topics for later

Bangladeshi fans are like tests are history and nobody cares about T20s, this is what happens when you get a good year in just one format of cricket.

I want Bangladesh cricket to improve but delusions Bangla fans have wont ever let their team to imrpove.
Best bowling, best opener, 2nd best Asian side etc

Guys please first win anything substantial before saying such things.

Back