Bangladesh [261] beat Sri Lanka [124] by 137 runs in the first match of the 2018 Asia Cup

Good news for BD is that Malinga has 3 overs left in the remaining 20.

This is why ODIs are best... so many twist and turns and we are barely past half of first innings.

Malinga has leaned down a bit which has helped his cause at this age

What a great comeback by BD. Is Mushfiqur Rahim Bangladesh's best ever wicket keeper batsman. How about the best ever ODI batsman?

What a great comeback by BD. Is Mushfiqur Rahim Bangladesh's best ever wicket keeper batsman. How about the best ever ODI batsman?

Viv Richards always wished he got bat like Rahim.

:)) i mean BD's best ever ODI batsman

Tamim, Mushfiq, Shaqib, Mushrafe are the best players in Bangladeshi history.

Just realized we are witnessing the all time great xi of Bangladesh. This lot has matured and is helping Bangla win some ODIs

Last edited:

Just realized we are witnessing the all time great xi of Bangladesh.

And still all they got to show is a couple of home series wins 4 years ago :))

Mushfiq is arguably the most underrated batsman in the game today. He has been extremely consistent across Tests and ODIs over the last 3-4 years, and has scored in some pretty difficult conditions/situations as well.

Surely Tamim will be missed for his exciting batting, was definitely among the top 4 openers in the tournament

I would have loved Ind-Pak play a three match series rather than this Asia Cup where we have to see minnows play

I think it should have been restricted India/PAK/BD/SL. The likes of Afghanistan and HK is kinda pointless and ruins the quality of the competition.

I think it should have been restricted India/PAK/BD/SL. The likes of Afghanistan and HK is kinda pointless and ruins the quality of the competition.

Afghanistan has got some good spinners though. Also you need to witness some boring matches from new teams to make them into some exciting teams in few years, so to expand cricket this is a must.

If Bangla only make run a bowl from here, they will still make above 150 but not sure for how long tailenders can stay

Why include Bangladesh then. They just spoil the quality of any tournament. Apparently, Asia cup is their most successful tournament where they have an overall win ratio of 10%

Might see Malinga getting selected by some franchise in PSL in the coming addition after seeing him performing like that in UAE

Why include Bangladesh then. They just spoil the quality of any tournament. Apparently, Asia cup is their most successful tournament where they have an overall win ratio of 10%

Yes after playing for so long now, they are still not a contender to win any major world tournament which is odd and sad.

Lol Rubel edged the ball and started walking back to the pavilion after umpire raised the finger. Mushfiqur called him back and forced him to review and gave him an earful.

Lol Rubel edged the ball and started walking back to the pavilion after umpire raised the finger. Mushfiqur called him back and forced him to review and gave him an earful.

He is gone back now :sree

Mushfiqur is the best wicket-keeper batsman in this tournament by far.

seems like a pretty typical BD performance

show promise, only to inevitably crumble and collapse

SL will loose this match for sure!!!! Drop catches will cost the match

Brilliants catch to end a great innings by Mushfiqur.Awesome batting by the best keeper batsman in the world.

Par score before the match started by bookmakers was between 250-260, so very good score..shud be interesting

One of the best ODI innings ever.

And that Late entry by Tamim. Almost too fantastic to believe.

Just realized we are witnessing the all time great xi of Bangladesh. This lot has matured and is helping Bangla win some ODIs
I think Mushfiq is the most reliable of all of these BD batsmen. He has come a LONG way.

Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka | Asia Cup: Group B | Dubai | Sep 15, 2018 | Match Thread

I cannot describe in words the sheer brilliance of that innings by Mushfiqur! Got to watch such a great knock in ODI cricket after a long time. From an utter hopeless situation he has brought them to 261, single-handed. However, let´s not forget Tamim´s contribution in the last wicket partnership as he walked out to bat with a broken wrist. Brave guy! Happy to see that his bravery paid off as taking that risk work.

Now then... 261 is not a huge total by any stretch in this era, however we shouldn´t from which deep hole they´ve got to it. So maybe the momentum being with Bangladesh may work in their favour? I get the feeling that Bangladesh are the favourite to win this match now - I hope so at least!

Obviously

He batted well in world cup too. His 89(75) in the world cup against England helped us qualify.

He plays really well under pressure barring a few let downs

Still remember the days when you used to hate his guts :)) but he did well to earn his fans.

Actually this is a 3 match ODI series planned by organizers between India and Pakistan! But India took a backward step by keeping Kohli away from it! Now lets hope India don't lose to Hong Kong making early exit from this tournament and jeopardize all the plans :)))

Still remember the days when you used to hate his guts :)) but he did well to earn his fans.

Look man he is an idiot but we pakpassioners are armchair experts.

He is true achiever and a hard-working. He can bark and people will troll him but behind the keyboard while everyone knows who mushy is

Actually this is a 3 match ODI series planned by organizers between India and Pakistan! But India took a backward step by keeping Kohli away from it! Now lets hope India don't lose to Hong Kong making early exit from this tournament and jeopardize all the plans :)))

Supposed to be funny? I don't mind laughing on Indian team but u gotta do better

Mushy came a long way from 2008, and played one of the best innings I have seen. I think maybe only Stoinis innigs against NZ was better.

BD need to beep up the bowling before World Cup, otherwise an inform BD batting is not that bad.

I rate Tamim higher than Mushy because Mushy performs in pressure, first innings or 2nd innings.

Tamim is more valuable because he is a world class opener and we don't have anyone near his skill at the top.

Tamim had a giant caste on 10 minutes earlier, then came to bat and literally batted with just one hand on the bat. It helped Bangla add 30+ runs. I broke my wrist once, it takes a lot of courage to what he did.

Tamim had a giant caste on 10 minutes earlier, then came to bat and literally batted with just one hand on the bat. It helped Bangla add 30+ runs. I broke my wrist once, it takes a lot of courage to what he did.

He isn't like shakib. He takes pride in representing Bangladesh. He should have been made the captain of our test team a long ago.

Shakib on the other hand only cares about money and has no interest in playing international cricket anymore.

Back