Bangladesh [261] beat Sri Lanka [124] by 137 runs in the first match of the 2018 Asia Cup

Tamim had a giant caste on 10 minutes earlier, then came to bat and literally batted with just one hand on the bat. It helped Bangla add 30+ runs. I broke my wrist once, it takes a lot of courage to what he did.

Yeah, hes a good lad. Well done to him but dont think Bangla is winning this one.

He isn't like shakib. He takes pride in representing Bangladesh. He should have been made the captain of our test team a long ago.

Shakib on the other hand only cares about money and has no interest in playing international cricket anymore.

This is something i agree with 100%

10 balls into the Lankan inning, and mushy's inning already seem to be losing its sheen..that's the thing abt ODi innings, unless it wins you the match no one will remember it..

Look man he is an idiot but we pakpassioners are armchair experts.

He is true achiever and a hard-working. He can bark and people will troll him but behind the keyboard while everyone knows who mushy is

I know. He has turned it around as he got experienced.

Poor strategy form mash. Tharanga is strong square of the wicket. Don't bowl outside his off stump.

As usual umpires r giving every decision against Bangladesh. Thx to DRS, we have taken a wicket.

This is exactly how we got robbed of a victory against India in world cup.

As usual umpires r giving every decision against Bangladesh. Thx to DRS, we have taken a wicket.

This is exactly how we got robbed of a victory against India in world cup.

whole world against you lot :((

What is with umpires these days referring the most obvious decisions to 3rd umpire. Just to play safe?

BD has a strong bowling attack. Won't be easy.

bro, why you joke like this? AFG has a better bowling attack than BD. You guys have a stonger batting line-up but the batsmen did not capitilize the chance

As usual one good delivery which didn't give any room to tharanga outside his off stump and he got out.

Tharanga can only play two shots. One is over the bowlers head and the other is square of the wicket. Don't give him any room outside his off stump abd watch him going back to the pavilion.

Match is over for SL. All the hard work by Malinga has been ruined by fielder and now batsmen.

Tharanga is a surprise , he looks so elegant and good , but does not go on to make big innings any more , he plays only cameos.

SL is playing reckless and without patience. Need to be calm down if they want to chase this

honestly buddy fans like [MENTION=146500]RainMan_[/MENTION] make it difficult to support bangla

Just imagine what would've happened if fizz hadn't injured himself when he was in prime form at the beginning of his career.

He still has an average of below 15 with the ball in Asia. He would've become the no 1 bowler in odi by now.

Last edited:
We actually do have a decent bowling attack. Better than Lanka's I believe.

Lanka already 32-3 and not even 5 overs are done

Just imagine what would've happened if fizz hadn't injured himself when he was in prime form at the beginning of his career.

He still has an average of below 15 with the ball in Asia. He would've become the no 1 bowler in odi by now.

Not sure if serious..

damn that sacrifice by Tamim changed the entire game dynamics. BD were 197/8 at one point effectively.

His bowling average would have definitely deteriorated if he would have played all the matches while he was injured.

Looks like SL will not be going Super 4. Injury, poor fielding and brainless batting . What Hature is doing there? Team is getting bad to worse

We don't know if Afghanistan has a better bowling attack than us. Their spinners have only rolled over the likes of Ireland, Zimbabwe so far. And a couple of games vs WI. And they have no pace attack. Hamid Hassan for all the hype hasn't done what Mash has despite Mashrafee having 5 more operations.

Our spin attack is not bad either.

We don't know if Afghanistan has a better bowling attack than us. Their spinners have only rolled over the likes of Ireland, Zimbabwe so far. And a couple of games vs WI. And they have no pace attack. Hamid Hassan for all the hype hasn't done what Mash has despite Mashrafee having 5 more operations.

Our spin attack is not bad either.

They did roll you guys over in T20s though

Looks like SL will not be going Super 4. Injury, poor fielding and brainless batting . What Hature is doing there? Team is getting bad to worse

Still to early in the game. It took BD 13 overs to score what SL already has in just 5. 260 is a decent total, but not unchaseble.

As far are Hature...he transformed BD in the space of 10 games but he had a lot of talent to work with. in SL their biggest talent, Mendis averages under 30 in ODIs.

Looks like Bangladesh showed up for this match. Dominating SRL right now. Well done.

Still to early in the game. It took BD 13 overs to score what SL already has in just 5. 260 is a decent total, but not unchaseble.

As far are Hature...he transformed BD in the space of 10 games but he had a lot of talent to work with. in SL their biggest talent, Mendis averages under 30 in ODIs.

It's all about wickets. If BD had more wickets in the end instead of Rubel, Fizz batting they would have scored 290 or 300 easily.

Out of the 10 teams this year, BD's pacers have the lowest average according to that stat

How is Mashrafe Mortaza still going ? He's been playing since I was a kid.

His knees has taken a beating and these aren't easy conditions to bowl in, but he's still going.

How is Mashrafe Mortaza still going ? He's been playing since I was a kid.

His knees has taken a beating and these aren't easy conditions to bowl in, but he's still going.

beside his broken knees, he is still quite fit.

SL not even trying to look for a single. Pathetic batting, no intent.

It's all about wickets. If BD had more wickets in the end instead of Rubel, Fizz batting they would have scored 290 or 300 easily.

Well if Shak and Tamim weren't injured...

But SL are plagued with injuries too (not that it would really change much as SL have played 40 players over the last 2 years and have basically lost all the time).

Lanka has really gone downhill ,unless Angelo the second coming of Sachin does something BD would easily be winning this.

Not sure if serious..
Of course I was serious. Didn't u see the way he fooled some of the best batters in IPL and International cricket with his mesmerising bowling and ran through the opposition batting lineup?

He went through a rough patch due to injury. At one point he was competing with Mitchell stark for the position of the best fast bowler in world cricket.

Even Hong Kong will play better than this in batting wise!!!!! Really poor batting by Lankan players

Mathews and Perera will have to build a partnership and try to bat as many overs of possible....

Of course I was serious. Didn't u see the way he fooled some of the best batters in IPL and International cricket with his mesmerising bowling and ran through the opposition batting lineup?

He went through a rough patch due to injury. At one point he was competing with Mitchell stark for the position of the best fast bowler in world cricket.

I thought you were trolling but you seem to actually believe in what you are writing.

Sigh.

Fizz was found out because he is an leg/off cutter one trick pony.

They did roll you guys over in T20s though

T20 is an entirely different format. Even SL have beaten Australia in Australia. These days International T20s aren't taken seriously by any team unless its world tournament like t20 wc. They r played only for fun.

T20 is an entirely different format. Even SL have beaten Australia in Australia. These days International T20s aren't taken seriously by any team unless its world tournament like t20 wc. They r played only for fun.

Sharam karo phir. Afghanistan ne mazaak mazaak mai haraadia.

That's what happen if you do tuk tuk for everything. Hature was better coach for Bangladesh but will be a failure for SL.

But still it says Afghanistan beats Bangladesh not gladiators beating bulls. These are considered international matches, yes definitely a different format but an international match. If it would have been just one match than that would have been something else but they won all 3 matches.

That's what happen if you do tuk tuk for everything. Hature was better coach for Bangladesh but will be a failure for SL.

They lost only 3-2 vs RSA. Momentum is just with BD...I knew there is no way we loosing this after Tamim sacrifice.

But still it says Afghanistan beats Bangladesh not gladiators beating bulls. These are considered international matches, yes definitely a different format but an international match. If it would have been just one match than that would have been something else but they won all 3 matches.

Why do you guys keep bringing AFG? WI is 2x world chamption in T20 and we destroyed them in ODI in their home.

Tamim should not have come out. 230 would have been more than enough to defend.

You do realize AFG looses to Hong Kong, Scotland, Zim in ODIs?

Dude comeon, i havent seen any other international team being whitewashed by a minnow even in T20s. If I am wrong correct me.

Dude comeon, i havent seen any other international team being whitewashed by a minnow even in T20s. If I am wrong correct me.

again its T20...Boston Redsox would destroy most cricket teams with proper training in T20. No joke.

Please for god sake stop using this excuse so much. If you are treating your job as fun than your integrity should be questioned. No one takes t20Is as fun.

Do you consider BD to be minnows? Then you might get the answer.

Back