Bangladesh Premier League 2022

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
BCB boss Nazmul said BPL is important for them for preparation of upcoming 2022 T20 World Cup in Australia in October

Bangladesh Cricket Board refused to back out from organizing the Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 despite many hurdles coming their way.

The BPL is scheduled to begin in the third week of January and the BCB is still sticking to this date.

The main problem for the BPL has been created following the uncertainty over Bangladesh's tour in New Zealand where their quarantine period was extended after spin bowling coach Rangana Herath tested Covid-19 positive.

The extension of quarantine period meant Bangladesh's tour plan was disrupted to a great degree.

If the tour goes on, there is possibility that the schedule of the two Tests might defer and it could put the players' participation in the BPL from the beginning in limbo.

Bangladesh are scheduled to leave New Zealand on January 15 and after four or five days' rest, they are supposed to take part in the country's premier T20 tournament.

BCB president Nazmul Hasan said BPL is important for them for the preparation of the upcoming 2022 T20 World Cup in Australia in October.

In that regard, if the players aren't able to return to the country from New Zealand on time, the BCB will start the BPL without those national stars, Nazmul added.

"The BPL has two issues," the BCB boss told reporters after an emergency meeting of the BCB Saturday.

"The (New Zealand series) World Test Championship is not comparable to BPL. After the BPL, Afghanistan will be here to play ODI series, which is the part of the ODI Super League. So, BPL is not more important than these two series. But with the T20 World Cup looming, the BPL is just as important."

With that said, the BCB does not have much time to organize this money-spinning event.

If the two-Test series in New Zealand is held as per schedule, the cricketers will return to Bangladesh on January 15.

After that, they will get a few days' rest and after the end of BPL, they will have to play the ODI series against Afghanistan.

The tight schedule will leave them in continuous cricket which might take a huge toll on the body.

Therefore, the BCB is also thinking of trimming the BPL, like reducing the venues to two from three.

"There is chance that the BPL will be started by excluding those who are there (New Zealand)," Nazmul said.

"There will be a break of two/four days after coming from New Zealand. They will join later and get paid in full. If there is any financial loss, the board will pay it. You have to travel seven days for three venues. We can save two days by reducing one venue.

"BCB is even considering reducing the number of teams to five instead of six. These are being discussed. I will be able to inform you after Tuesday, when we will take the decision on New Zealand tour."

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2021/12/18/bcb-adamant-to-hold-bpl-amid-tight-schedule

Best time to organise BPL will be in April and clashing with IPL. Only Shakib and Mustafizur will be missed and overseas players not picked in IPL, can play in BPL so players from Associates and lower ranked full members will get a chance too

Interesting to see that some overseas players had decided to give PSL a miss to play in BPL as it was clashing.

As per media reports, the cricketer was approached for spot-fixing by the fixers for the forthcoming BPL set to commence in mid-January

The eighth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League is marred with a case of spot-fixing approach made to a former Bangladesh national cricketer.

As per media reports, the cricketer was approached for spot-fixing by the fixers for the forthcoming BPL set to commence in mid-January. The cricketer has already informed the Bangladesh Cricket Board anti-corruption unit about it.

“I won’t comment on whether any cricketer has told anything to our Anti-Corruption Unit members or not. We have a department and I’m confident they will take required steps and update us about the development,” BCB Chief Executive Officer Nizamuddin Chowdhury was quoted by saying a leading newspaper of the county on Sunday.

Nizamuddin praised the cricketers for coming up and revealing such corrupt offers.

“Every cricketer is told to inform us (the BCB) about such incidents (offers from fixers) and if they come forward naturally it becomes easy for us to tackle them,” said the BCB high-up.

The first corrupt approach to a cricketer in the tournament was reported ahead of the first edition of the tournament in 2012. Dhaka Gladiators captain Mashrafe bin Mortaza had revealed an approach from a fellow cricketer about spot-fixing.

In 2013, media revealed former Bangladesh cricketer Mohammad Ashraful had admitted involvement in match-fixing to the ICC ACSU. The probe eventually saw the cricketer slammed with an eight-year ban from all forms of professional cricket with three years suspension.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/cricket/2021/12/26/cricketer-allegedly-approached-to-fix-bpl

BPL players’ draft today

The players' draft of the eighth edition of the Bangabandhu Premier League will take place at a city hotel today.

Interestingly, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is yet to reveal the names of the six teams that will feature in the franchise-based T20 competition as uncertainty loomed over the ownership of the teams even on the day before the players' draft event.

A total of 212 local players were announced in six categories and over 400 international cricketers registered for the players' draft.

Six cricketers -- Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudullah Riyad, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza and Mustafizur Rahman -- were classified in category A to receive a salary worth BDT 70 lakhs.

14 players were named in category B while 40 cricketers were listed in category C.

BPL is scheduled to kick off on January 20.

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/cricket/news/bpl-players-draft-today-2926301

Interesting to see that some overseas players had decided to give PSL a miss to play in BPL as it was clashing.

lol, pretty sure theyd be some upset pakistani players who have lost out on a chance to make some money due to the clash too

What are the payscales of the PSL vs the BPL? I thought the pay scales were similar?

Team Dhaka emerged as the major talking point in the cricket fraternity after they roped in three stars of Bangladesh cricket - Mahmudullah, Tamim Iqbal and Mashrafe bin Mortaza - in the players’ draft Monday for the upcoming eighth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20.

Dhaka walked into the players draft under the management of the Bangladesh Cricket Board with Mahmudullah as the local pre-draft signing.

The capital city outfit had a sponsor for the season but BCB pulled out from the decision in the last minute due to compliance issue.

It is understood that a group of BCB directors made effort to manage a sponsor the night before the draft but eventually thought it better to keep the team under board management.

With Mahmudullah leading the table along with former Bangladesh captain and now member of the selection panel, Habibul Bashar, Dhaka in their first call recruited ODI captain Tamim.

In their second call Dhaka picked right-arm pacer Rubel Hossain and in the third Mahmudullah called out the name of former Bangladesh ODI captain Mashrafe to trigger the buzz.

The side focused on experienced and proven local cricketers and Isuru Udana (Sri Lanka) and Afghanistan trio Qais Ahmad, Najibullah Zadran and Mohammad Shahzad to power the overseas bench.

Comilla Victorians and Fortune Barishal were the two other teams to look at following the draft.

Comilla walked into the draft with direct signing of Mustafizur Rahman, Faf du Plessis (South Africa), Sunil Narine (West Indies) and Moeen Ali (England).

In their first call, Comilla picked wicketkeeper-batsman Liton Das followed by Shahidul Islam and Imrul Kayes.

On the other hand Barishal had signed star Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib al Hasan, Chris Gayle (West Indies), Mujeeb Ur Rahman (Afghanistan) and Danushka Gunathilaka (Sri Lanka).

Barishal in their first three calls picked wicketkeeper-batter Nurul Hasan, top-order batsman Nazmul Hossain Santo and pacer Mehedi Hasan Rana.

Khulna Tigers have Bangladesh wicketkeeper-batter Mushfiqur Rahim leading the side with veteran Sri Lanka cricketer Thisara Perera, Bhanuka Rajapaksa and Naveen Ul Haque (Afghanistan) as their direct signings.

The eight edition of the BPL, a special edition to mark the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, is scheduled to begin on January 21 with the grand finale slated for February 18.

The six-team tournament will be played across three venues – Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka, Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong and Sylhet International Cricket Stadium.

A total of 36 games will be played in the league stage followed by the playoffs and the final.

Dhaka

Direct Signing – Mahmudullah, Isuru Udana, Najibullah Zadran, Qais Ahmad

Draft Picks – Tamim Iqbal, Rubel Hossain, Mashrafe bin Mortaza, Shuvagata Hom, Mohammad Shahzad, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Mohammad Naim, Arafat Sunny, Imranuzzaman, Shafiul Islam, Jahurul Islam, Shamsur Rahman, Ebadat Hossain

Chattogram Challengers

Direct Signing – Nasum Ahmed, Benny Howell, Kennar Lewis, Will Jacks

Draft Picks – Shariful Islam, Afif Hossain, Shamim Hossain, Mukidul Islam Mugdho, Chadwick Walton, Rayad Emrit, Rejaur Raja, Sabbir Rahman, Mrittunjoy Chowdhury, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Akbar Ali, Naeem Islam

Fortune Barishal

Direct Signing – Shakib al Hasan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Dhanush Gunathilaka, Chris Gayle

Draft Picks – Nurul Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mehedi Hasan Rana, Fazle Mahmud, Obed McCoy, Alzarri Joseph, Towhid Hridoy, Ziaur Rahman, Shafiqul Islam, Saykat Ali, Niroshan Dickwella, Nayeem Hasan, Taijul Islam, Salman Hossain, Irfan Sukkur

Khulna Tigers

Direct Signing – Mushfiqur Rahim, Thisara Perera, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Naveen Ul Haq

Draft Picks – Mahedi Hasan, Soumya Sarkar, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Yasir Ali, Seekkuge Prasanna, Sikandar Raza, Farhad Reza, Rony Talukdar, Khaled Ahmed, Jaker Ali, Nabil Samad

Sylhet Sunrisers

Direct Signing– Taskin Ahmed, Dinesh Chandimal, Colin Ingram, Kesrick Williams

Draft Picks – Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Mithun, Al-Amin Hossain, Nazmul Islam Apu, Ravi Bopara, Angelo Perera, Anamul Haque Bijoy, Shohag Gazi, Alok Kapali, Muktar Ali, Siraj Ahmed, Mizanur Rahman, Nadif Chowdhury, Jubair Hossain Likhon, Shafiul Hayat Ridoy, Sanjamul Islam

Comilla Victorians

Direct Signing– Mustafizur Rahman, Faf du Plessis, Moeen Ali, Sunil Narine

Draft Picks – Liton Das, Shahidul Islam, Imrul Kayes, Tanvir Islam, Kusal Mendis, Oshane Thomas, Ariful Haque, Nahidul Islam, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Sumon Khan, Mominul Haque, Mahidul Islam Ankon, Parvez Hossain Emon, Abu Haider Rony, Mehedi Hasan

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/...le-ambitions-signing-tamim-riyad-and-mashrafe

Lets be honest, these are the choices overseas players had.

Option A: Face 128 kph bowlers, mostly average batters

Option B: Face 140 kph bowlers, better batters

I know i would chose option A, even if i was getting paid 20% less.

I will have a look but BD has 2-4 times the economy of Pakistan, so it is only logical.
Bangladesh economy is not 2-4 times that if Pakistan.Check the GDP of both countries.Bangladesh was classified as a least developed country so it got a lot of concessions from developed countries.Bangladesh economy is based on garment industry.I know British Pakistani businessmen who moved from Pakistan and opened garment factories in Bangladesh because of cheap labour.Pakistan’s economy was suffered due to war of terror.

I will have a look but BD has 2-4 times the economy of Pakistan, so it is only logical.

I really don't understand why you have to bring in economy in every single topic. You make other Bangladeshi posters look bad.

Despite the so called economy, BD has been playing like a complete associate lately.

Bangladesh economy is not 2-4 times that if Pakistan.Check the GDP of both countries.Bangladesh was classified as a least developed country so it got a lot of concessions from developed countries.Bangladesh economy is based on garment industry.I know British Pakistani businessmen who moved from Pakistan and opened garment factories in Bangladesh because of cheap labour.Pakistan’s economy was suffered due to war of terror.

With rebasing BD is about $500bn, PK is about $250bn. Looks like 2x to me.

I didn't say why PK has fallen so far behind, but it has and players will go to a country with big wallets.

I really don't understand why you have to bring in economy in every single topic. You make other Bangladeshi posters look bad.

Despite the so called economy, BD has been playing like a complete associate lately.

I have 1700 odd posts. If you can find references to economics in more than 10%, I will retire from here. I hardly mention it unless it is pertinent.
Facts are facts, and our economy gives us appeal to the world. India is 20% behind per capita, and PK 50-70% behind.

With rebasing BD is about $500bn, PK is about $250bn. Looks like 2x to me.

I didn't say why PK has fallen so far behind, but it has and players will go to a country with big wallets.
Pakistan is more than $600bn.There is a huge black economy in Pakistan i.e transactions are not recorded.A lot of business is done using cash.This is the reason many Pakistanis can afford to buy properties in Dubai,UK and US.Pakistan government doesn’t have money because people don’t pay taxes.

Team Dhaka emerged as the major talking point in the cricket fraternity after they roped in three stars of Bangladesh cricket - Mahmudullah, Tamim Iqbal and Mashrafe bin Mortaza - in the players’ draft Monday for the upcoming eighth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20.

Dhaka walked into the players draft under the management of the Bangladesh Cricket Board with Mahmudullah as the local pre-draft signing.

The capital city outfit had a sponsor for the season but BCB pulled out from the decision in the last minute due to compliance issue.

It is understood that a group of BCB directors made effort to manage a sponsor the night before the draft but eventually thought it better to keep the team under board management.

With Mahmudullah leading the table along with former Bangladesh captain and now member of the selection panel, Habibul Bashar, Dhaka in their first call recruited ODI captain Tamim.

In their second call Dhaka picked right-arm pacer Rubel Hossain and in the third Mahmudullah called out the name of former Bangladesh ODI captain Mashrafe to trigger the buzz.

The side focused on experienced and proven local cricketers and Isuru Udana (Sri Lanka) and Afghanistan trio Qais Ahmad, Najibullah Zadran and Mohammad Shahzad to power the overseas bench.

Comilla Victorians and Fortune Barishal were the two other teams to look at following the draft.

Comilla walked into the draft with direct signing of Mustafizur Rahman, Faf du Plessis (South Africa), Sunil Narine (West Indies) and Moeen Ali (England).

In their first call, Comilla picked wicketkeeper-batsman Liton Das followed by Shahidul Islam and Imrul Kayes.

On the other hand Barishal had signed star Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib al Hasan, Chris Gayle (West Indies), Mujeeb Ur Rahman (Afghanistan) and Danushka Gunathilaka (Sri Lanka).

Barishal in their first three calls picked wicketkeeper-batter Nurul Hasan, top-order batsman Nazmul Hossain Santo and pacer Mehedi Hasan Rana.

Khulna Tigers have Bangladesh wicketkeeper-batter Mushfiqur Rahim leading the side with veteran Sri Lanka cricketer Thisara Perera, Bhanuka Rajapaksa and Naveen Ul Haque (Afghanistan) as their direct signings.

The eight edition of the BPL, a special edition to mark the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, is scheduled to begin on January 21 with the grand finale slated for February 18.

The six-team tournament will be played across three venues – Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Dhaka, Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong and Sylhet International Cricket Stadium.

A total of 36 games will be played in the league stage followed by the playoffs and the final.

Dhaka

Direct Signing – Mahmudullah, Isuru Udana, Najibullah Zadran, Qais Ahmad

Draft Picks – Tamim Iqbal, Rubel Hossain, Mashrafe bin Mortaza, Shuvagata Hom, Mohammad Shahzad, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Mohammad Naim, Arafat Sunny, Imranuzzaman, Shafiul Islam, Jahurul Islam, Shamsur Rahman, Ebadat Hossain

Chattogram Challengers

Direct Signing – Nasum Ahmed, Benny Howell, Kennar Lewis, Will Jacks

Draft Picks – Shariful Islam, Afif Hossain, Shamim Hossain, Mukidul Islam Mugdho, Chadwick Walton, Rayad Emrit, Rejaur Raja, Sabbir Rahman, Mrittunjoy Chowdhury, Mehedi Hasan Miraz, Akbar Ali, Naeem Islam

Fortune Barishal

Direct Signing – Shakib al Hasan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Dhanush Gunathilaka, Chris Gayle

Draft Picks – Nurul Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mehedi Hasan Rana, Fazle Mahmud, Obed McCoy, Alzarri Joseph, Towhid Hridoy, Ziaur Rahman, Shafiqul Islam, Saykat Ali, Niroshan Dickwella, Nayeem Hasan, Taijul Islam, Salman Hossain, Irfan Sukkur

Khulna Tigers

Direct Signing – Mushfiqur Rahim, Thisara Perera, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Naveen Ul Haq

Draft Picks – Mahedi Hasan, Soumya Sarkar, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Yasir Ali, Seekkuge Prasanna, Sikandar Raza, Farhad Reza, Rony Talukdar, Khaled Ahmed, Jaker Ali, Nabil Samad

Sylhet Sunrisers

Direct Signing– Taskin Ahmed, Dinesh Chandimal, Colin Ingram, Kesrick Williams

Draft Picks – Mosaddek Hossain, Mohammad Mithun, Al-Amin Hossain, Nazmul Islam Apu, Ravi Bopara, Angelo Perera, Anamul Haque Bijoy, Shohag Gazi, Alok Kapali, Muktar Ali, Siraj Ahmed, Mizanur Rahman, Nadif Chowdhury, Jubair Hossain Likhon, Shafiul Hayat Ridoy, Sanjamul Islam

Comilla Victorians

Direct Signing– Mustafizur Rahman, Faf du Plessis, Moeen Ali, Sunil Narine

Draft Picks – Liton Das, Shahidul Islam, Imrul Kayes, Tanvir Islam, Kusal Mendis, Oshane Thomas, Ariful Haque, Nahidul Islam, Mahmudul Hasan Joy, Sumon Khan, Mominul Haque, Mahidul Islam Ankon, Parvez Hossain Emon, Abu Haider Rony, Mehedi Hasan

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/...le-ambitions-signing-tamim-riyad-and-mashrafe

Credit where it's due some pretty impressive names.

Pre-agreed big deals I guess with the players. A situation where big money has been promised to the player for a guarantee that they will play in the BPL.

I have 1700 odd posts. If you can find references to economics in more than 10%, I will retire from here. I hardly mention it unless it is pertinent.
Facts are facts, and our economy gives us appeal to the world. India is 20% behind per capita, and PK 50-70% behind.

Are you saying Bangladesh is economically more appealing to world than India?

I would love to see that happen but I don't think that's the case currently. Not yet at least.

Thankfully we have enough good players of our own to make the PSL work and ultimately, a domestic franchise tournament is only as good as the home players, the Foreign players provide the icing on the cake.

Thankfully we have enough good players of our own to make the PSL work and ultimately, a domestic franchise tournament is only as good as the home players, the Foreign players provide the icing on the cake.

I agree with you.

In terms of quality, PSL is easily better than BPL. Quality of pacers, quality of pitches, and even quality of batsmen are better in PSL.

When it comes to sports, you need to focus on other things too (not just economy). Bangladesh is currently failing badly at that.

Last edited:
Are you saying Bangladesh is economically more appealing to world than India?

I would love to see that happen but I don't think that's the case currently. Not yet at least.

No, I never said that. India due to its size obviously has more appeal. But per capita BD is far better off.

Pakistan is more than $600bn.There is a huge black economy in Pakistan i.e transactions are not recorded.A lot of business is done using cash.This is the reason many Pakistanis can afford to buy properties in Dubai,UK and US.Pakistan government doesn’t have money because people don’t pay taxes.

600bn? Gross exaggeration.

Some condescending posts here imo.

The fact BPL attracts better players isn't a reason to bash their league, it should be a rocket up the backside for the PSL and Pakistan cricket to work out what they can do better.

You could argue that BD has a similar black economy.

Lets be honest, these are the choices overseas players had.

Option A: Face 128 kph bowlers, mostly average batters

Option B: Face 140 kph bowlers, better batters

I know i would chose option A, even if i was getting paid 20% less.

Do you think there is an Option C: Face bowlers and batsmen with no care about their quality but with reduced security and more personal freedom.

At the moment its clear based on the clash with the BPL and reluctance with international tours that all things being equal will skip Pakistan if they can.

They may skip Bangladesh too, but given the choice they will BD over PK.

Its a sad fact but one the PSL organisers need to embrace and the only way to overcome this is to pay much much more.

Last edited:
C'mon brother. BPL probably pays 2* more at least.

If the BPL pays 2x more, then why they have not been able to get better players consistently?

All the Pakistan fans agree that this PSL edition does not have a lot of quality foreign players (yet), but it has still got the likes of Roy, Vince, Hales, Munro, Livingstone, Jordan, Rashid Khan, Zazai, Tim David. All these players are better than all the foreign players selected in BPL except maybe Faf and Moeen who had already been part of PSL at some stage.

Sorry but which players are we talking about..from what I can tell there aren't that many players there that are real big misses in the PSL..especially considering our home grown players are better than the majority of the foreign ones I can see above..

But let's slit wrists again..

I think I read somewhere that the maximum BPL pays to class A/Diamond/Top is 7 million takas which I think is about $80k USD. I'm very sure PSL pays more than that for top category.

If the BPL pays 2x more, then why they have not been able to get better players consistently?

All the Pakistan fans agree that this PSL edition does not have a lot of quality foreign players (yet), but it has still got the likes of Roy, Vince, Hales, Munro, Livingstone, Jordan, Rashid Khan, Zazai, Tim David. All these players are better than all the foreign players selected in BPL except maybe Faf and Moeen who had already been part of PSL at some stage.

But but PSL is worse than all the leagues..but but let's slit our wrists..

Give me a break..the majority of players in the PSL are a billion times better than the ones above..name me a decent fast bowler on that list..or a proper leggie. Why are we crying like babies..we have about 20 odd players that are Pakistan internationals that man for man are better than 20 on that list.

Livingstone is a high class operator..so is Hales.. stop moaning..we are producing a good product now..the key is our domestic players..the better than get the better the league will be..the qalander b side could win the BPL for goodness sake..

Sorry but which players are we talking about..from what I can tell there aren't that many players there that are real big misses in the PSL..especially considering our home grown players are better than the majority of the foreign ones I can see above..

But let's slit wrists again..

Yes, LOL. They just got Moeen who can be labelled as "impressive". Other "impressive" names that I am seeing are PSL has beens i.e. Faf, Narine, Ingram, Walton e.t.c. And other than that, there are Sri Lankan and West Indian second string players.

PSL has better quality players even in this edition when everyone agrees that there are not a lot of "impressive" names, but I think the franchises have learnt their lessons after the initial editions that "impressive" names like Gayle, Walton e.t.c. cannot win matches just because they are "impressive" names.

600bn? Gross exaggeration.

While I'm not sure where the US$ 600 billion number is coming from, an explanation of Pakistan's economy is necessary to understand some aspects of Pakistan's economy.

1. First thing first, Pak's rebasing their GDP soon so there's a high chance that the GDP will increase significantly.

2. The market economy of Pakistan is mostly undocumented or poorly documented hence there's no real estimate of the true wealth of the country. There are issues like inbound and outbound smuggling, and cash plus gold holding that remain outside of traditional banks. Small and medium enterprises are entirely off the tax grid. Real estate is unregulated and again as you may have guessed it, outside the tax net. This real estate issue has worsened even more as previously land dedicated for agricultural purposes has been used for housing societies and created undocumented and (imo) worthless wealth. This wealth has resulted in the trend of our consistent trade deficit -higher imports and lower exports - indicating that there's plenty of local consumption and excess income with the elite which isn't being reflected in the books.

3. Money laundering is one of the most prevalent practices in the financial sector in the country. The entire forex sector is mostly undocumented and just one company Kaalia and Khanaani (defunct circa. 2008) was rumored to have US$ 20-25 billion dollar revenue. There's no easy way to send money out of the country hence these companies continue to work in their murky world.

4. Lastly, Bangladesh is a growing economy, and InshAllah and MashAllah it'll grow further but GDP does not make a country an investor heaven/attractive market. It's the income distribution and disposable income that are true indicators of a healthy market rife with opportunities. If the middle class is sizeable, gets a direct benefit from the growth, and has discretionary income, Bangladesh will surge ahead of the neighbors and BPL will become a really big league. If there are structural gaps in the financial framework of the country and the middle class is stagnating or leaving Bangladesh for opportunities in other countries, then throwing statistics like per-capita income and GDP at random internet netizens is a futile exercise.

You need to read the links again, the maximum an overseas player gets paid in the BPL is $75k. The PSL pays $175-200k

I see. I didn't read the links. You asked for links and I provided.

Anyway. I neither watch PSL nor I watch BPL. I also would love to see all these T20 leagues scrapped.

I prefer international cricket.

Last edited:
Faf, Moeen, Narine, Ingram and Gayle are proper crowd pullers. Good for BPL.

If I am not wrong, in this season's BPL, maximum 3 overseas players are allowed in the XI. Any idea why is that ? I prefer maximum 4 overseas players in the XI like IPL, CPL, PSL, LPL.

I believe only BBL allows maximum 3 overseas players in the XI. IMO, 5 is too much and 3 is too less.

It was widely said Tamim was upset with Mahmudullah and other decision-makers over team selection for the T20 WC 2021

Bangladesh ODI captain Tamim Iqbal and T20I skipper Mahmudullah brushed off having any animosity between them.

Both Tamim and Mahmudullah while speaking to the media following the Bangladesh Premier League T20 2022 players’ draft Monday spoke on the matter, which has been widely reported in the media and discussed in the cricket fraternity of the country.

Questions were raised after Mahmudullah, leading Dhaka team in the T20 tournament, in his first call of the draft picked Tamim.

Left-handed opener Tamim was later seen joining the Dhaka draft table with all-rounder Mahmudullah.

By the end of the draft Dhaka team, under the management of the Bangladesh Cricket Board, was at the center of talking point as the capital city outfit are set to feature three stalwarts of Bangladesh cricket Mahmudullah, Tamim and Mashrafe bin Mortaza, along with other proven local cricketers.

The occasion is the first that these three Bangladesh cricket stars will take the field for a team in BPL.

It was rumored that relation between Tamim and Mahmudullah waned ahead of the T20 World Cup earlier this year.

It was widely said Tamim was upset with Mahmudullah and other decision-makers of the national team over selection for the world event.

“A lot of things are not in my control to be honest. People may think the way they like but I always believed that from my end the relation is the way it has always been. There is nothing much to say on this,” said Mahmudullah.

“I was hoping to play together [with Mashrafe in a team] and it has come true. We have Tamim in the team too. Most of the players we picked are experienced. Hope we will be able to utilize this fact as our advantage in the field and bring results towards us,” the T20I captain added.

Tamim while elaborating on the matter said, “Let me explain you, I have been picked from the draft. Riyad bhai [Mahmudullah] was taken pre-draft as icon. Riyad bhai called me once I got picked and asked to join him in the draft table at the earliest time possible and I obliged. I wouldn’t have been here if there was something wrong between us.”

Tamim informed that he is elated for getting the opportunity of being able to share the dressing room with Mahmudullah and Mashrafe.

“We always enjoy playing under or for Mashrafe bhai. We had spent a very good time when we played Bangabandhu T20 Cup [last year]. I hope we will be able to have a good atmosphere in the team and play good cricket on the field,” said Tamim.

The eighth edition of the BPL, a special edition to mark the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, is scheduled to begin on January 21 with the grand finale slated for February 18.

The six-team tournament will be played across three venues – Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka, Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong and Sylhet International Cricket Stadium.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2021/12/28/tamim-brushes-off-any-friction-with-mahmudullah

Highest-Paid Players In The Bangladesh Premier League 2022

Bangladesh Premier League 2022 will be starting with the 8th season of the league from Jan 2022. The matches are all lined up for the teams to be rolling out as the announcement for the draft took place on December 27, 2021. Check Highest Paid Players In The Bangladesh Premier League 2022.

Every team gets the playing squads for the league and they will be starting up the game soon. The players are sold in the league Bangladeshi currency for domestic players and in USD for foreign players.

There are in total of 6 categories for domestic players and 5 for foreign players. Check out more details about the Highest Paid Players in the Bangladesh Premier League 2022.

Highest Paid Players in Bangladesh Premier League 2022
The player’s draft is out now and the players in Category A are out for the good price of 70 lakhs. The tournament will have players from domestic players and foreign players. The auction took place on December 27, 2021, and the drafts are announced.

The highest sold player for the league is in Category A where there are the 6 players in category A for the season.

The price for the category A player is Rs. 70 Lakhs in Bangladeshi Currency.

Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (70 Lakhs)
The Bangladeshi player is a popular bowling all-rounder where he is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm fast-medium bowler.

Dhaka bags the player in the team in the BPL 2022 Auction for BDT 70 Lakhs.

The wicket-keeper-batsman is a category A player where he is at a price of BDT 70 lakhs. Khulna Tigers bags the player for the handsome amount in the team.

The player is a right-handed batsman and a right-arm off-break bowler.

Tamim Iqbal
Tamim is popularly known by the nickname The Dasher who is an opening batsman. He is a left-handed batsman and a right-arm off-break bowler.

Dhaka bags the player in the team for BPL 2022 from a category A with the base price of BDT. 70 lakhs.

Shakib Al Hasan
The captain for the Fortune Barishal Shakib Al Hasan is a category A and the highest sold player of the league. The Bangladeshi player is an all-rounder and left-handed batsman and a slow left-arm orthodox bowler.

The player bags in the category for BDT 70 lakhs.

Mustafizur Rahman
The Bangladeshi player bags in for BDT 70 lakhs who is a bowler. Rahman is a left-handed batsman and a left-arm medium-fast bowler.

Comilla Victorians bags Mustafizur Rahman 2022 for BDT 70 lakhs in the team for the 8th season of BPL.

https://www.sportsunfold.com/highest-paid-players-in-the-bangladesh-premier-league-2022/

The Covid-19 situation is still under control and will not jeopardize the scheduled start of the eighth edition of the Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20.

Multiple Covid-19 cases were reported among players and team officials Tuesday after they started undergoing Covid-19 tests in order to board the respective hotels.

The cases had raised concerns if the tournament, scheduled to begin Friday, would come under threat.

Bangladesh Cricket Board chief physician Dr Debashish Chowdhury Wednesday brushed off the speculation and said the number of positive cases is still under limit to put the tournament in any sort of risk.

“So far the numbers we have in our hand doesn’t put the tournament at risk of not happening. The teams will however, have to be careful with public gathering and follow protocols in order to complete the tournament successfully,” said Debashish to the media.

“The teams are undergoing Covid-19 tests as per the medical guideline set by the BPL governing council. We have been running the tests for last three days and we have shared the results with the teams accordingly. Because the results are medically classified, I am not being able to share it in public. But we are working as per protocols,” he added.

According to the BCB official, the tournament’s Managed Event Environment has been drawn, similar to the one that was in place in the Tokyo Olympics, but tweaked in realization of the situation in Bangladesh.

BCB is also capitalizing on its experience of having successfully organized both local competitions and international series in Bangladesh since late 2020.

“We are following the guideline that has been used in Tokyo Olympics but in line of the situation in Bangladesh. We have been able to complete a few events and international series in past, so we will also be bringing in that experience to work. We will this BPL as per the experience we have. But the stake holders will have to play a vital role here. The tournament will not be successful without their awareness. We have to be careful with the public events that are happening [involving players and team officials],” Debashish emphasized.

“We used to call it bio-secured bubble but it's now called Managed Event Environment. It has been made in a way so that it can go well with the sports events around the world. A few of the protocols from the bio-bubble have been relaxed to form the MEE. This management was used in Tokyo Olympics and we will have it in place for BPL,” he added.

The BPL will get rolling with the match between Chattogram Challengers and Fortune Barishal at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium.

In the evening game, Khulna Tigers are scheduled to lock horns with Minister Group Dhaka.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2022/01/19/bpl-t20-to-begin-as-planned-amid-covid-cases

Fortune Barishal made a winning start in the Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 2022 as they beat Chattogram Challengers by four wickets in the opening match of the eighth edition in Mirpur’s Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium Friday afternoon.

Barishal reached their 126-run target with eight balls to spare but lost six wickets.

Opener Saikat Ali orchestrated the chase scoring 39 off 25 deliveries with one four and two sixes.

But Chattogram struck thrice in the 15th over as Barishal stumbled from 92/3 to 96/6, which made the finishing of the match interesting.

Saikat was the first batsman who got out in the 15th over, bowled by Mehedi Hasan Miraz, as the opener was caught at deep square leg fence.

Irfan Sukkur was trapped leg before wicket in the very next ball and a brilliant fielding effort from cover region by Afif Hossain inflicted run out of new batsman Salman Hossain and Barishal were under pressure chasing a moderate target.

But all-rounders Dwayne Bravo and Ziaur Rahman then added an unbroken 34-run partnership to help Barishal cross the line.

Chattogram skipper Miraz made a valiant effort with the ball as he took four wickets conceding just 14 runs from his quota of four overs.

He was adjudged player of the match despite being on the losing side, a rarity these days.

Focus was on Barishal skipper Shakib al Hasan when he came out to bat but the star all-rounder scored 13 off 16 balls and was cleaned up by Miraz while trying to attempt an aggressive shot across the line.

Earlier, regular loss of wickets kept Chattogram under par score as they were struggling in the first 15 overs.

A late surge from Benny Howell in the closing stage of the innings helped them cross the 120-run mark but that was not enough in the end on a relatively good wicket.

Howell scored 41 off just 20 balls with three fours and as many sixes but did not get support from the other end.

Shakib was brilliant with the ball as the left-arm spinner conceded just nine runs in his four overs and took the wicket of Sabbir Rahman.

Caribbean pacer Alzarri Joseph was the highest wicket-taker for Barishal with three scalps while off-spinner Nayeem Hasan took two.

1ST MATCH

Chattogram Challengers 125/8 (Howell 41, Joseph 3/32, Nayeem 2/25) lost to Fortune Barishal 126/6 in 18.4 overs (Saikat 39, Ziaur 19*, Miraz 4/16) by four wickets

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2022/01/21/barishal-hold-nerve-to-clinch-bpl-opener

Khulna Tigers chased down a challenging target of 184 runs with five wickets in hand against star-studded Minister Group Dhaka in their Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 2022 match in Mirpur’s Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium Friday.

Opener Andre Fletcher provided Khulna a brisk start and laid a good foundation for the middle-order as the right-hander scored 45 off just 23 deliveries.

Experienced local campaigner Rony Talukdar then played a superb innings in the middle part of the innings to bring the target within reach as the No 3 scored a crucial knock of 61 off 42 with seven fours and one six.

The veteran Thisara Perera eventually sealed the match for Khulna with a blistering 36 off just 18 deliveries.

Earlier Dhaka posted a challenging total of 183 riding on blitzes in the beginning and late stage of the innings.

Opening pair Tamim Iqbal and Mohammad Shahzad formed a good opening stand as the two put together 69 in the first eight overs before Afghanistan's Shahzad got run out.

The wicketkeeper-batsman scored 42 off 27 balls with eight boundaries before getting run out in a casual manner.

Tamim at the other end anchored the innings and played an important knock in what was his comeback match after a series of injuries.

The Bangladesh ODI captain struck seven boundaries in his patient innings, and reached fifty in 41 balls before getting caught at deep midwicket while trying to clear the boundary against Khulna pacer Kamrul Islam Rabbi.

Dhaka lost few wickets in the middle overs to lose the tempo, particularly the run out of Andre Russell was a bizarre one.

Russel, batting on seven from just two balls, glided the third ball of the 15th over to short-thirdman for a quick single.

The throw was at the striker’s end where Mahmudullah was well inside.

But the ball hit the wicket at that end first then ricocheted towards the non striker’s end to hit that end’s wicket as well.

Russell did not expect the ball to come this far so quickly and was well short of the crease.

He was stunned by the weird way he got out and smiled in disbelief while returning to the pavilion.

Later Dhaka skipper Mahmudullah scored some quick runs in the end to help Dhaka finish the innings on 183 for six in 20 overs.

Mahmudullah scored 39 off just 20 with two fours and three sixes.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2022/01/21/khulna-down-dhaka-in-high-scoring-bpl-game

Minister Group Dhaka batsman Andre Russell was on the receiving end of a bizarre run out during their Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 2022 opener against Khulna Tigers in Mirpur's Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium Friday.

Russell played a Thisara Perera delivery in the 15th over to short third man, where Mahedi Hasan was stationed, and went for a quick single with captain Mahmudullah running towards the striker's end.

Mahedi gathered the ball and threw at Mahmudullah's end to disturb the stumps but the Dhaka skipper was safely inside.

The ball then remarkably ricocheted towards the non-striker's end and amazingly hit the timber again, and Russell was caught short of his crease.

Russell was just getting started, hitting the previous delivery for a six, before a cruel twist of circumstances ended his knock prematurely.

The BPL commentators were discussing how many throws it would take Mahedi to repeat the incredible trick.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2022/01/22/siddons-eager-to-join-tigers-coaching-set-up

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/4a0xsu" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

is it mandatory for anyone doing commentary in Bangladesh to say "oh my word"

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/4a0xsu" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

This is the weirdest run-out I have ever seen.

Chattogram Challengers opened their account in the ongoing Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 2022 defeating big-name Minister Group Dhaka by 30 runs at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium Saturday.

Defending 162, Chattogram produced a disciplined bowling performance to restrict Dhaka to 131 runs and render opener Tamim Iqbal’s second consecutive half-century this season inconsequential.

Chasing the target, Dhaka made a sound start with in-form Tamim on the driving seat.

The left-handed batter registered his second fifty in as many games as he added 52 to the board off 45 deliveries laced with half a dozen boundaries and two over boundaries.

However, fall of wickets on the other end of the crease, and since Tamim and Jahurul Islam’s [10] demise in the 12th over to left-arm pacer Shariful Islam, Dhaka lost control of the chase and a youthful Chattogram took over the scenes in Mirpur.

Left-arm spinner Nasum Ahmed pierced through Dhaka middle-order dismissing Mohammad Naim [four], Mahmudullah [five] in the 14th over and then Andre Russell on 12 in the 16th to push the opposition to the wall.

Panic soon triggered in an experienced Dhaka dressing room as the side, now trying to meet a mammoth run rate, lost three wickets in the 19th over and Chattogram had the last smile.

Shariful finished with four wickets conceding 34 runs in four overs – his best figure in T20.

Earlier, Chattogram opener Will Jacks took a toll on the Dhaka bowlers after being put to bat first.

The right-handed English batter boosted the innings with a fiery 24-ball 41 involving six fours and two sixes.

There were moments when Dhaka bowlers were in control but sloppy fielding and four dropped catches gave Chattogram the momentum.

Middle-order batters Sabbir Rahman, Mehedi Hasan Miraz and Benny Howell added quick 29, 25 and 37 runs respectively to the tally to bolster Chattogram to a fighting total.

Right-arm pacer Rubel Hossain topped the Dhaka bowling chart with three wickets.

Following a break Sunday, the tournament will get back to the field Monday at the same venue, with Fortune Barishal taking on Dhaka in the afternoon game while in the evening it will be Chattogram facing Khulna Tigers.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2022/01/22/chattogram-open-account-tamim-half-century-in-vain

Comilla Victorians edged Sylhet Sunsirsers in a low-scoring encounter in the Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 2022 in Mipur’s Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium Saturday.

Comilla skipper Imrul Kayes won the toss and elected to field first amid overcast condition at Mirpur.

Sylhet batting line-up struggled from the very beginning and lost regular wickets.

Departures of Anamul Haque Bijoy (three off nine), Mohammad Mithun (five off seven), Mosaddek Hossain Saikat (three off six) and Alok Kapali (six off 14) resembled sorry picture of Sylhet’s batting card as they were bundled out for just 97 runs in 19.1 overs.

The highest came from Colin Ingram’s bat as the left-hander scored 20 off 21 while the second best were from extras (19).

For Comilla, Nahidul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman and Shahidul Islam picked up two wickets each.

Comilla started their innings with Cameron Delport and experienced Faf du Plessis, who made his BPL debut.

But like Sylhet, Comilla batsmen also struggled scoring runs and lost wickets on a regular basis.

Du Plessis (two off seven) was the first batsman who went back to the pavilion as he was caught and bowled by Sohag Gazi in the first ball of the fourth over.

The fall of wickets of Delport (16), Mominul Hoque (15) and Imrul Kayes (10) added pressure while chasing a small target but Comilla held their nerve in the end as they managed a great escape and won by two wickets with eight balls to spare.

Nahidul added some crucial runs (16) while chasing and was later adjudged man of the match for his all-round performance.

Nazmul Islam Apu was the best bowler for Sylhet as the left-arm spinner took three wickets conceding 17 runs, while skipper Mosaddek and Gazi bagged two each.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2022/01/22/comilla-edge-sylhet-in-low-scoring-thriller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A helicopter landed right in the middle of the MA Aziz Stadium in Chattogram without warning earlier today as cricketers were practicing for upcoming BPL matches causing the players to run for cover from dust <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BPL?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BPL</a> <a href="https://t.co/jkUyCz5WyA">pic.twitter.com/jkUyCz5WyA</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1487882966948794375?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 30, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1-86.jpeg

Sylhet Sunrisers all-rounder Ravi Bopara was caught ball-tampering during their Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 2022 game against Khulna Tigers at Sylhet International Cricket Stadium.

Bopara was seen tampering with the ball with his fingernails during the ninth over of the first innings and the act was broadcast on TV during the evening game Monday.

The on-field umpires immediately noticed the act and changed the ball.

They also penalized Sylhet with five runs for the offence.

It was the first incident where umpires gave penalty runs to a side for ball-tampering in the history of the BPL.

Earlier, Bopara came to the toss as captain instead of Mosaddek Hossain and Sylhet management informed later that the decision of changing captaincy has been taken after discussing with the Bangladesh batsman.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2022/02/07/bopara-caught-ball-tampering-in-bpl

1-86.jpeg

Sylhet Sunrisers all-rounder Ravi Bopara was caught ball-tampering during their Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 2022 game against Khulna Tigers at Sylhet International Cricket Stadium.

Bopara was seen tampering with the ball with his fingernails during the ninth over of the first innings and the act was broadcast on TV during the evening game Monday.

It was the first incident where umpires gave penalty runs to a side for ball-tampering in the history of the BPL.

Earlier, Bopara came to the toss as captain instead of Mosaddek Hossain and Sylhet management informed later that the decision of changing captaincy has been taken after discussing with the Bangladesh batsman.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/sport/2022/02/07/bopara-caught-ball-tampering-in-bpl

Sylhet Sunrisers captain Ravi Bopara has been fined 75% of his match fee for a Code of Conduct breach during the team’s Bangabandhu Bangladesh Premier League Twenty20 2022 match against Premier Bank Khulna Tigers.

Bangladesh Cricket Board confirmed Bopara’s fine through a press release Wednesday.

Three demerit points have also been added to his disciplinary record.

The incident happened during the evening game Monday as Bopara was seen tampering with the ball with his fingernails during the ninth over of the first innings and the act was broadcast on TV.

BPL has been a big joke this season. One controversy after another.

Probably the worst franchise league in the world. Almost every season there's a controversy sometimes it's regarding the payment to the players & coaches, sometimes it's ball tempering & some times whole season doesn't happen.

I tried watching some highlights, by far the worst franchise cricket league that exists. It's 2021, yet the video quality looks like washed-up colored tv matches from the 1990s. No DRS, skill-wise is disastrous, shoddy umpiring, the list goes on. And that's just from 3 matches highlights I have seen. It makes sense why Bangladesh is so poor in T20, this tournament proves it.

I tried watching some highlights, by far the worst franchise cricket league that exists. It's 2021, yet the video quality looks like washed-up colored tv matches from the 1990s. No DRS, skill-wise is disastrous, shoddy umpiring, the list goes on. And that's just from 3 matches highlights I have seen. It makes sense why Bangladesh is so poor in T20, this tournament proves it.
The best thing is not to worry about other leagues.Bangladeshis must be enjoying BPL.I follow PSL and don’t care about other leagues.

Not watched any games but glancing at the scorecard it does seem like scores are low.

The best thing is not to worry about other leagues.Bangladeshis must be enjoying BPL.I follow PSL and don’t care about other leagues.

I personally do not watch BPL (or any other league).

I always prefer good old international cricket.

BPL also has very low quality. That makes me not want to watch even more.

Could be used a bad stream to watch?

My point is given the money at stake (from what I have read) this should be slick and high quality so am surprised.

I only watch CPL(a bit) besides PSL now. Look at the completed scorecard of finished games in other leagues at times. Tried to watch BBL this year, apart from good fielding, didn't find it watchable.

Looked at a few scorecards of BPL this year, don't get why Shakib is so hellbent on opening the bowling by two spinners(one being him). Pretty self centred thinking.

Another thing is some good local batters are made to bat too low despite doing well quite consistently like Mosaddek and Alaudin.

Did anyone see our good old friend mushfiqurs antics again today. One of his players dropped a catch of liton das who hit a 6 the next ball. Couple of overs later mushfiqur took a good catch to dismiss liton and in the celebrations khaled Ahmed who dropped the initial catch went to hug mushfiqur to celebrate but was pushed away by the upset captain andre fletcher looked visibly shocked as did some other players, no need for that especially in pyjama league cricket

Did anyone see our good old friend mushfiqurs antics again today. One of his players dropped a catch of liton das who hit a 6 the next ball. Couple of overs later mushfiqur took a good catch to dismiss liton and in the celebrations khaled Ahmed who dropped the initial catch went to hug mushfiqur to celebrate but was pushed away by the upset captain andre fletcher looked visibly shocked as did some other players, no need for that especially in pyjama league cricket

Oh really? Haha. They didnt show it in highlights. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Didn't know.

This is not good at all. He should be suspended for this.

FLXG5H3WYAIMTRJ

BPL is a quality product and by 2025/6 will be the 2nd league of choice. Players get huge salaries and they will rise further as the economy booms.

BPL is a quality product and by 2025/6 will be the 2nd league of choice. Players get huge salaries and they will rise further as the economy booms.

No it's not going to happen. BPL will always remain the worst franchise league no matter what how much they will spend on players. Success & failure of these leagues depends upon local talent & Bangladesh tbh don't have any that's the reason Bangaldeshi awam was in awe of the Pakistani squad when we played recently.

What you are saying is unlikely to happen. LOL.

TBH, you are the only Bangladeshi I am aware of who is writing like this. It makes me feel like you are just joking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be used a bad stream to watch?

My point is given the money at stake (from what I have read) this should be slick and high quality so am surprised.

I watched the final match. I was surprised to see that Shakib only received 2k as man of the tournament. Apparently, in the last edition, they didn't give any prize money to the winning team either. From what I have read, BCB is loaded. Surprised they don't take their premier T20 cricket league seriously. IPL has uncovered many international players who are currently representing India. I don't follow PSL, apart from the finals, but I would assume many t20 players were discovered in the tournament aswell. BCB needs to do better here or their team will be weak for a long time in T20 format.

Back