Pakistan squad for Bangladesh Tests announced

Have Pakistan chosen the right squad for the Test series against Bangladesh?

• Total voters
Why is it so difficult to answer the question of Travis head vs Rizwan? Is it because it shoes how faulty your average argument is?
We aren't talking about a Word team. We are talking about PK. So once again who can replace these guys. Name names and I am with you

Last edited by a moderator:
Rizwan's record in tests in very good though and he is an excellent wickekeeper. Sarfraz is a great batter to have in home conditions but his wicketkeeping is a massive liability. And in test matches dropped catches have a massive snowball effect
Moreover Rizwan is younger and a better better in SENA conditions. So no point investing in Sarfraz anymore. Rizwan at his peak should play majority or all of Test matches and they should groom a younger WK for the future

Start a thread about who is better than who and I will post. But it's a diversion tactic because as you said you don't have the guts to give names for PK because you are scared I will criticise them🤣🤣🤣🥰
I already named them.

How many times must I say Fakhar and Saud?

Again answer the Travis head vs rizwan question. It's your fault for diverting.

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking about the roles of wicket keepers. Your brought up gilchrist and opening batters.

You're the one who's diverting because If you admit Travis is superior it shoves your average argument into the abyss.

And I already told you to calm down and start responding properly.

I already named them.

How many times must I say Fakhar and Saud?

Again answer the Travis head vs rizwan question. It's your fault for diverting.

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking about the roles of wicket keepers. Your brought up gilchrist and opening batters.

You're the one who's diverting because If you admit Travis is superior it shoves your average argument into the abyss.

And I already told you to calm down and start responding properly.
So Fakhar and Saud are the saviours? Is that in both T20 and ODI? And who do they replace?

So Fakhar and Saud are the saviours? Is that in both T20 and ODI? And who do they replace?
Answer Travis head vs Rizwan first. Have the courtesy to respect other posters when you engage in conversations that didn't address you or refer to you in the first place.

Then I'll answer. Which is funny that you already don't know the answer lol.

Saud at 4 in odi, Fakhar at 1 in t20 replace rizwan at both positions.

Answer Travis head vs Rizwan first. Have the courtesy to respect other posters when you engage in conversations that didn't address you or refer to you in the first place.

If you are so insistent on PK squad thread, I think Travis suits his team more.

Saud played in the WC and hardly uprooted any trees but he wasnt terrible, although I am not averse to playing him. But how much which this improve the team by is debatable. Would you drop Riz from both?

Saud played in the WC and hardly uprooted any trees but he wasnt terrible, although I am not averse to playing him. But how much which this improve the team by is debatable. Would you drop Riz from both?
Yes, Fakhar should open in all formats due to X factor role, Babar and Fakhar combo is what made the team no 1. Babar was free flow under Fakhar and while falhar didn't kick off the few times he did it was game over for the opposition such as the game he scored 91 in.

Saud is more free flow and just a better more aggressive option at 4.

Haris can be a makeshift batter. Rizwan should only play in tests.

Travis is a better batsman but Riz is better for PK unless Travis can be forced to change nationality. I bet you are very confused and there lies nuances of cricket.
AlrightE thanks, then why claim rizwan has a better avg and use that as a metric for success when

A) Rizwan's avg in tournaments and Asia cups is lesser then 25 and sr is lesser then 100. (No one cares about meaningless series)

B) Travis head who has a lesser avg is much better as a t20 batsmen then rizwan by your own omission, same logic applies for fakhar, he overall is a superior batsmen to rizwan even if stats don't show it. Theirs a reason pakistan was ranked no 1 when fakhar and babar was opening.

It was never about averages or consistency, Fakhar when he performed has a sr of 150+. His sr in t20 is low cause he was inconsistent and avg and sr is interlinked.

He and babar were a better combo then riz and babar who have been one of the weakest tournaments opening pairs in history

Yes, Fakhar should open in all formats due to X factor role, Babar and Fakhar combo is what made the team no 1. Babar was free flow under Fakhar and while falhar didn't kick off the few times he did it was game over for the opposition such as the game he scored 91 in.

Not bad. I hope it works.

AlrightE thanks, then why claim rizwan has a better avg and use that as a metric for success when

A) Rizwan's avg in tournaments and Asia cups is lesser then 25 and sr is lesser then 100. (No one cares about meaningless series)

B) Travis head who has a lesser avg is much better as a t20 batsmen then rizwan by your own omission, same logic applies for fakhar, he overall is a superior batsmen to rizwan even if stats don't show it. Theirs a reason pakistan was ranked no 1 when fakhar and babar was opening.

It was never about averages or consistency, Fakhar when he performed has a sr of 150+. His sr in t20 is low cause he was inconsistent and avg and sr is interlinked.

He and babar were a better combo then riz and babar who have been one of the weakest tournaments opening pairs in history
Because with a poor middle order, if he doesn't get runs what do the guys that average 22 offer? Hence Riz offers more to PK than Travis would do with an average of 30. This isn't to say that Riz shouldn't have others given chances to stake their claim. We have tried Saim and he looked out of his depth but IA he will come back. Haris is good for a quick 25, which is fine if others can use the extra balls to score. But who are the other middle batsman, well none of note,hence our problems.

It was this simple, and I answered this hours ago, Why did you make it so complicated?
This is the thing about a hypothetical selection. You can chose anyone and you can't be wrong because you can't critique something that hasn't happened. With Babar and Riz we have 3 WCs with varying degrees of success.

Because with a poor middle order, if he doesn't get runs what do the guys that average 22 offer? Hence Riz offers more to PK than Travis would do with an average of 30. This isn't to say that Riz shouldn't have others given chances to stake their claim. We have tried Saim and he looked out of his depth but IA he will come back. Haris is good for a quick 25, which is fine if others can use the extra balls to score. But who are the other middle batsman, well none of note,hence our problems.
That is not the fault of the MO, Pakistan chose to select a crapola team filled with the likes of Chacha, Shadab(at 5), azam khan etc etc who all are crapola players in general.

No one claimed the Middle order isn't bad. However pretending rizwan and babar who collectively have averages less then 25 and sr of less then 100 in the multiple tournaments they've played since 2022 and claiming their saviours is a blatant lie.

Saim and Usman Khan failed, however it is the fault of selectors for not selecting the likes of Saud, Abdullah, salman Ali Agha, Tayyab tahir etc aka proven players qith techniques and some who have performed on the international circuit over frauds and hacks.

But obviously Pakistan does not want to select saud and Abdullah because that would mean saud and fakhar would be opening with Abdullah at 4 and babar at 3 and ba/riz do not want that to happen.

All the players I've mentioned played at a much higher Sr then people like chacha and rizwan in this psl. The only exception is azam khan who had the highest sr but a better alternative would be tayyab who averages 42 and sr of 150 compared to azam 25 and sr of 171 considering azam 25 sr was inflated due to one game bash.

The team combo with Babar and rizwan at the top was unbalanced which is why the team faltered but did not when Fakhar and babar were opening

This is the thing about a hypothetical selection. You can chose anyone and you can't be wrong because you can't critique something that hasn't happened. With Babar and Riz we have 3 WCs with varying degrees of success.
I don't mind babar opening as he and fakhar were the main reason we were ranked no 1 in t20 and he show cased performance in 2021.

Rizwan has flunked every t20 tournament, It is not a hypothetical. Pakistan reaching Finals and semi's has got nothing to do with rizwan qith gue exception of the NZ semi final in 2022.

Between 2021 t20 wc, 2022 asia cup, 2022 wc, and 2024 t20 wc, Rizwan performed once, literally once in over 20 games.

The only other time he performed was in the 2021 semi final and 2022 asia cup final where he actually botched the game. He left Pakistan to chase 60 of 24 because he and chacha decided to play a 55 of 49 and 32 of 32 innings lol.

2021 was the same, his slow sr cost Pakistan 15 to 20 runs, Bowlers had to bowl put of their skins to protect the score but hasan ali botched it.

That is not the fault of the MO, Pakistan chose to select a crapola team filled with the likes of Chacha, Shadab(at 5), azam khan etc etc who all are crapola players in general.

No one claimed the Middle order isn't bad. However pretending rizwan and babar who collectively have averages less then 25 and sr of less then 100 in the multiple tournaments they've played since 2022 and claiming their saviours is a blatant lie.

Saim and Usman Khan failed, however it is the fault of selectors for not selecting the likes of Saud, Abdullah, salman Ali Agha, Tayyab tahir etc aka proven players qith techniques and some who have performed on the international circuit over frauds and hacks.

But obviously Pakistan does not want to select saud and Abdullah because that would mean saud and fakhar would be opening with Abdullah at 4 and babar at 3 and ba/riz do not want that to happen.

All the players I've mentioned played at a much higher Sr then people like chacha and rizwan in this psl. The only exception is azam khan who had the highest sr but a better alternative would be tayyab who averages 42 and sr of 150 compared to azam 25 and sr of 171 considering azam 25 sr was inflated due to one game bash.

The team combo with Babar and rizwan at the top was unbalanced which is why the team faltered but did not when Fakhar and babar were opening
So you think that Abdullah, Salman and Tayyab would have done better? But what is your source for that? Have they uprooted trees in the PSL of other Foreign T20 leagues

I am not in favour of them either, but I am in favour of a farewell match for Rizwan, you know because am kind and Ramadan preparation has started today for me.
Your wish will never come true I am afraid. Rizwan is a no nonsense world class player and is here to stay. He will retire on his own terms. He is not a yes man either and hence not made captain despite being one of the better captains in Pakistan.

Your wish will never come true I am afraid. Rizwan is a no nonsense world class player and is here to stay. He will retire on his own terms. He is not a yes man either and hence not made captain despite being one of the better captains in Pakistan.

I don’t need to wish for it am afraid, he is doing a good job of it himself. Off course, the only person he will ever say yes to is Babar Azam.

So you think that Abdullah, Salman and Tayyab would have done better? But what is your source for that? Have they uprooted trees in the PSL of other Foreign T20 leagues
2 reasons, they've performed internationally (Tayyab in acc) and azam khan being surpassable is not a metric

Would have picked imam. We have too many players who are trying to cement their place. Even our captain is doing that. We don’t need to add another on top. Saim needs to go back to domestic, I don’t think it’s wise to keep playing him in internationals right now.

Kamran is the guy that should be first to break into the team. So I’d just focus on getting that middle order and if anyone deserves to be replaced before worrying about opening.

Would have picked imam. We have too many players who are trying to cement their place. Even our captain is doing that. We don’t need to add another on top. Saim needs to go back to domestic, I don’t think it’s wise to keep playing him in internationals right now.

Kamran is the guy that should be first to break into the team. So I’d just focus on getting that middle order and if anyone deserves to be replaced before worrying about opening.
Imam has no real performance to stay in the team. Huraira is a seasoned performer and he is into the team because of his consistent runs. Saim on the other hand is not a justified selection. He should have been playing domestics and playing tour games for shaheens. That would have been much better for him atm.

Huraira should definitely play ahead of saim along with Abdullah.

Lol. Do you guys even know what world class entails?

In order to be World class, you need to be top tier in the area that you bat in.

Rizwan opens in t20 meaning his competition is the likes of Butler, Quinton, Travis head, Rohit Sharma, Phil Salt, David Warner, Gurbaz etc etc.

How can he be world class when he does not compare to the so called World class Batters that open?

Next he bats at no 4 in odi meaning his competition is the likes of Sheryas Iyer, Klaseen, Glenn Maxwell etc etc.

Why are you guys obsessed with throwing the word World class around for Babar and Rizwan when neither of them compare to other batsmen in the world considering their position they play in, Let alone compare to them overall to the entire planet?

As for the whole Yes Man thing, that is completly not true. Their is zero evidence he was ever offered captaincy for PCB, and he isn't a yes man because 90% of the time he calls the shots.

If he says I wanna open or bat at no 4, He gets that position, if he wants to take a nonsense drs which he gets wrong 96% of the time, Babar will take it if Rizwan asks.

Ontop of which, when fans questioned the possibility of him not opening for t20 or batting at no 5 for odi, He demanded his no 4 position and asked for an entire PHD thesis to be dropped from opening.

In PSL he willingly makes himself open, Clearly showing he enjoys that position and doesn't open because he was forced to by management.

Please get out of this Rizwan talk here. No need to compare him with other teams and formats. This thread is for the Pakistan-Bangladesh TEST series and there are 16 other guys in the squad also.

Lol. Do you guys even know what world class entails?

In order to be World class, you need to be top tier in the area that you bat in.

Rizwan opens in t20 meaning his competition is the likes of Butler, Quinton, Travis head, Rohit Sharma, Phil Salt, David Warner, Gurbaz etc etc.

How can he be world class when he does not compare to the so called World class Batters that open?

Next he bats at no 4 in odi meaning his competition is the likes of Sheryas Iyer, Klaseen, Glenn Maxwell etc etc.

Why are you guys obsessed with throwing the word World class around for Babar and Rizwan when neither of them compare to other batsmen in the world considering their position they play in, Let alone compare to them overall to the entire planet?

As for the whole Yes Man thing, that is completly not true. Their is zero evidence he was ever offered captaincy for PCB, and he isn't a yes man because 90% of the time he calls the shots.

If he says I wanna open or bat at no 4, He gets that position, if he wants to take a nonsense drs which he gets wrong 96% of the time, Babar will take it if Rizwan asks.

Ontop of which, when fans questioned the possibility of him not opening for t20 or batting at no 5 for odi, He demanded his no 4 position and asked for an entire PHD thesis to be dropped from opening.

In PSL he willingly makes himself open, Clearly showing he enjoys that position and doesn't open because he was forced to by management.
Why don’t you simply understand the fact that Rizwan is an allrounder and is one of the best wicket keepers in the world! He is also Pakistan’s most reliable batter. Find me someone who is better than Rizwan in Pakistan.

I am not in favour of them either, but I am in favour of a farewell match for Rizwan, you know because am kind and Ramadan preparation has started today for me.
The only farewell match Rizwan will get is when he scores a brilliant century for the Bannu Bandits vs the Waziristan Warriors. Than he can finally rest knowing that he will be remembered the people of Bannu as a superstar.

For the rest of Pakistan however he will only be a foot note in history known for his selfishness and destruction of a once great team

Why don’t you simply understand the fact that Rizwan is an allrounder and is one of the best wicket keepers in the world! He is also Pakistan’s most reliable batter. Find me someone who is better than Rizwan in Pakistan.
That is not the point. Pakistan is irrelevant when you claim he's World Class lmao.

You people need to stop hiding behind the wicket keeping clause to justify a false narrative.

Opening wise he cannot be world class if be doesn't compare to the people I've mentioned and you haven't bothered explaining why he compares to them.

No 4 wise he doesn't compare either.

And even wicket keeping wise he's worse then qdk, Butler, Gurbaz, KL rahul, etc etc by miles.

World class means he's a top contender across the planet in comparison to other openers, no 4 and wicket keepers and yet you can't even justify why he compares to these 2.

Let's here it right now, Who is superior as an opener? Travis head or Rizwan, Who is superior as a no 4 Glenn Maxwell or Rizwam, Who is the better keeper Butler or Rizwam.

^^ These players do not need a justification to identify why their world class.

No one has ever said Name me a better player then Butler in England to justify Butler being a future atg, they say name me a better wk in the world and only qdk compares or comes to mind

Please get out of this Rizwan talk here. No need to compare him with other teams and formats. This thread is for the Pakistan-Bangladesh TEST series and there are 16 other guys in the squad also.
Rizwan is relevant to this thread bhai, All players are that will be playing.

However Rizwan and Babar are the mains along with shaheen in terms of bowling.

They'll be the main 3 focal points of discussion.

People are clearly not happy that Babar and rizwan are playing this test series because

A) They'll perform on a pindi road where even Imam averages 63.

B) Their fans will use this pindi Bangladeshi performance and start claiming how their world class and next level Bradman batsmen and how the likes of Inzi, Saeed Anwar, Miandad can't compare to these 2 legends.

C) Next tournament is another slaughter house of failures where they avg 30-40 with hilariously low SR's while every tom, dick and Harry outperforms them in their own pindi hone turf.

Saud Shakeel, Sarfraz Ahmed, Shan Masood, Fakhar Zaman, Abdullah Shafiq, Salman Ali Agha, Mohammad Haris, Babar Azam (barely).

Want me to list more?

Let them know their Rizwan isn’t Bret Hart or something

Saud Shakeel, Sarfraz Ahmed, Shan Masood, Fakhar Zaman, Abdullah Shafiq, Salman Ali Agha, Mohammad Haris, Babar Azam (barely).

Want me to list more?
You clearly did not understand my question. Can Saud /Shan/Fakhar keep wickets? Can Harris survive more than 30 balls? This is not 2017 therefore Sarfaraz Ahmed is not even applicable. You might as well add Rashid Latif’s name to your list.

Let them know their Rizwan isn’t Bret Hart or something
3 careers directly ruined by Rizwan so far include

1) Fakhar Zaman in t20
2) Salman Agha in odi
3) Saud Shakeel in odi

Careers indirectly ruined by Rizzu

1) Tayyab Tahir who couldn't be tested due to no 4 obsession.

2) Muhammad Haris (more so Wahab tbf, but mainly because he can't do his job as a makeshift no 1 to no 7 keeper with rizzu around, Can't even be groomed as next captain as rizwan is apparently the chosen one)

3) Sarfaraz Ahmed (More so Misbah, but He used Rizwan to scapegoat him in 2020)

4) Imad Wasim (Imad dropping rizzu from PSL and rizwan making a massive fuss with bobby is what caused this insane media outburst and ultimately led to Nawaz being mainstream for a while)

You clearly did not understand my question. Can Saud /Shan/Fakhar keep wickets? Can Harris survive more than 30 balls? This is not 2017 therefore Sarfaraz Ahmed is not even applicable. You might as well add Rashid Latif’s name to your list.
Again hiding behind this wicket keeping g clause?

You realise you need to be a generational keeper like butler, Qdk, Gurbaz( He's generational for Afghanistani standards), to justify a proper position?

Otherwise even Indian keepers like Rahul are makeshift and gets shuffled from no 1 to no 5.

Wicket keeper batters like mattew wade don't even replace actual batsmen like rizwan does.

Sarfraz understood the task and batted at no 7, Haris is willing to do the same aka bat at no 1 to no 7 anywhere for his team.

Rizwan ruined saud, Agha and Falhar career by replacing them.

Agha scored 2 back to back half centuries at 4 before rizwam cried on media.

As a result Agha was dropped until the wc, and rizwan took 9 innings to actually perform at no 4(asia cup sri lanka match) before that he flunked the entire NZ, Afghanistan, And Asia cup games at no 4 just to replace Agha who was smashing it and averaging 50+ with a sr of 100 at no 4

That is not the point. Pakistan is irrelevant when you claim he's World Class lmao.

You people need to stop hiding behind the wicket keeping clause to justify a false narrative.

Opening wise he cannot be world class if be doesn't compare to the people I've mentioned and you haven't bothered explaining why he compares to them.

No 4 wise he doesn't compare either.

And even wicket keeping wise he's worse then qdk, Butler, Gurbaz, KL rahul, etc etc by miles.

World class means he's a top contender across the planet in comparison to other openers, no 4 and wicket keepers and yet you can't even justify why he compares to these 2.

Let's here it right now, Who is superior as an opener? Travis head or Rizwan, Who is superior as a no 4 Glenn Maxwell or Rizwam, Who is the better keeper Butler or Rizwam.

^^ These players do not need a justification to identify why their world class.

No one has ever said Name me a better player then Butler in England to justify Butler being a future atg, they say name me a better wk in the world and only qdk compares or comes to mind
You are the one building a false narrative here. We are fortunate enough to live in an era where there are more than half a dozen world class wicketkeeper batters in the World. I still maintain Rizwan is World Class. His keeping skills is miles ahead of all the guys you mentioned in your list.

Like I said, find me a better replacement for Rizwan and then I might support you in your agenda.

You are the one building a false narrative here. We are fortunate enough to live in an era where there are more than half a dozen world class wicketkeeper batters in the World. I still maintain Rizwan is World Class. His keeping skills is miles ahead of all the guys you mentioned in your list.

Like I said, find me a better replacement for Rizwan and then I might support you in your agenda.
What false narrative?

I asked how he's world class and asked you if you even know what world class entails.

Rizwan is an opener and no 4 batter. Does he compare to Travis, Butler, Klaseen, Qdk and other world class batters out their? Be 100% honest.

As for keeping skills, Since when is keeping skills the metric to determine someone is world class or not?

If that's the only metric, then Waseem Bari is an atg because he's a gun keeper but a crapola batsmen.

Amd since when was rizzu a good keeper? Did you even see his keeping in the super over against USA or his drs reviews he takes per game? He is no where close to any of the keepers I mentioned especially QDK who is miles superior to him as both a batsmen and a keeper

Qdk is one of the most intelligent keepers in the world lol

What false narrative?

I asked how he's world class and asked you if you even know what world class entails.

Rizwan is an opener and no 4 batter. Does he compare to Travis, Butler, Klaseen, Qdk and other world class batters out their? Be 100% honest.

As for keeping skills, Since when is keeping skills the metric to determine someone is world class or not?

If that's the only metric, then Waseem Bari is an atg because he's a gun keeper but a crapola batsmen.

Amd since when was rizzu a good keeper? Did you even see his keeping in the super over against USA or his drs reviews he takes per game? He is no where close to any of the keepers I mentioned especially QDK who is miles superior to him as both a batsmen and a keeper

Qdk is one of the most intelligent keepers in the world lol

Your fault for comparing Rizzu to the world, not mine.

saud is perfect to replace Rizwan at 4 on odi, Falhar is perfect to replace rizzu at opening.

You're falsely equating batting positions to wicket keeping no's.

If rizzu wishes to play for the team he can happily bat at a lower no or have someone like haris replace him as haris is happy to bat at no 7 while fakhar, saud and Agha the proper no 4 and no 5 and opening batsmen can do their jobs

Didn’t the alleged all mighty best keeper batter in the world Mr. Rizwan, lose his place in the Test side during the peak to Sarfraz Ahmed in his twilight 🤔

Vah Ji Wah!

Sarfraz was only back for a few games and scored about 50% of Rizwan’s Test hundreds his entire career!

Quote the context and obviously Travis isn't available for PK.
Why do you neglect the context in which my brother @mominsaigol battered your logic in which you applied having an average of 48 means he is world class? He proved that guys with 60% of that average are 10 times the player Rizwan will ever be at any level. Rizwan cannot become Travis Head even at some local tape ball competition

Didn’t the alleged all mighty best keeper batter in the world Mr. Rizwan, lose his place in the Test side during the peak to Sarfraz Ahmed in his twilight 🤔

Vah Ji Wah!
After which the only thing he did to get back his spot was massage Bobzy’s ego…

What red ball cricket did he play once dropped from the side because of Sarfaraz?

You don't have any Travis head waiting in the domestics to replace as a keeper. Talking about test format especially.

Rizwan is your only choice in this format.

None of these guys have even outperformed Babar or Rizwan in actual reality. They’ve mainly also just done it in one format for a short space of time. People just predict that they would outperform when their international outings say otherwise.

The reality is only Babar has outperformed Rizwan statistically in all formats. And tbh in recent years, Rizwan has outperformed Babar. And we’re just talking bat here, not gloves. But we tend to prefer to make excuses why are other Pakistani batsmen don’t perform, or try to rate them before they’ve done much in internationals.

People just don’t forgive Sarfraz getting replaced for Rizwan. It doesn’t matter that Sarfraz lost fitness, batting form and keeping form.

Why do you neglect the context in which my brother @mominsaigol battered your logic in which you applied having an average of 48 means he is world class? He proved that guys with 60% of that average are 10 times the player Rizwan will ever be at any level. Rizwan cannot become Travis Head even at some local tape ball competition
I never claimed he is World class, he has an amazing average which is a fact. And if he had an average of 22, thats all you would have quoted and also I said compared to the dross that you suggested like UA, Sharjeel and AA, he is like Don Bradman. You friend claimed averages don't matter and then I asked him what would happen if everyone averaged 5? Oh dear 🤣🤣😂🥰🥰

I never claimed he is World class, he has an amazing average which is a fact. And if he had an average of 22, thats all you would have quoted and also I said compared to the dross that you suggested like UA, Sharjeel and AA, he is like Don Bradman. You friend claimed averages don't matter and then I asked him what would happen if everyone averaged 5? Oh dear 🤣🤣😂🥰🥰
I wouldn’t give 2 hoots if he had an average of 20 and struck at 160, like most openers in the world look to do.

My issue with him and his kind is their self entitlement to play T20 in a way that isn’t compatible with the way it is being approached by everyone outside of Pakistan. And the results are now showing with Pakistan rock bottom, continuing to decline with so many problems and no way out.

Believe me, these suggestions of AA as captain and Sharjeel as opener are far more in line with what Pakistan should be looking to do instead of the route of self destruction they are currently on.

This went over the head of these guys. Is Viv better than UA? Why does it matter when only UA is available to play for us?
Yes because idiotic cricket fans would prefer Chachas, Haseebullahs, Niazis to represent Pakistan to do a job instead of someone like UA who is actually better than them all…your only issue with UA is his political affiliation and not his cricketing ability

I wouldn’t give 2 hoots if he had an average of 20 and struck at 160, like most openers in the world look to do.

My issue with him and his kind is their self entitlement to play T20 in a way that isn’t compatible with the way it is being approached by everyone outside of Pakistan. And the results are now showing with Pakistan rock bottom, continuing to decline with so many problems and no way out.

Believe me, these suggestions of AA as captain and Sharjeel as opener are far more in line with what Pakistan should be looking to do instead of the route of self destruction they are currently on.
So if a have a sr of 400 but score 8 runs each what will happen to the total?🤣🤣🤣🥰

Yes because idiotic cricket fans would prefer Chachas, Haseebullahs, Niazis to represent Pakistan to do a job instead of someone like UA who is actually better than them all…your only issue with UA is his political affiliation and not his cricketing ability
So we are idiotic but you recommend UA. This is the best comment on here, ever

So we are idiotic but you recommend UA. This is the best comment on here, ever
Carry on mate, my way of thinking isn’t the reason why your team is ranked 7 and losing to USA on a batting deck

Carry on mate, my way of thinking isn’t the reason why your team is ranked 7 and losing to USA on a batting deck
My team will be my team. Thanks for telling us that PK isn't your team. Through thick and thin,it will always be my team

What’s their to understand? Average of 48 gives you a strike rate of 90 collectively over 2 ICC tournaments back to back?

What’s their to understand? Average of 48 gives you a strike rate of 90 collectively over 2 ICC tournaments back to back?
So you understand the stupidity of only focusing on SRs because i just proved to you the stupidity of focusing on the SR. Thankfully you may have understood my point.

So you understand the stupidity of only focusing on SRs because i just proved to you the stupidity of focusing on the SR. Thankfully you may have understood my point.
Stupidity only focussing on strike rates? What are you on about? It’s T20 cricket. It’s 120 balls. It’s not called Test 20 cricket

No more political references here and no more comparisons and irrelevant stuff now.

All such stuff will be removed.

No it isn’t right. You should watch more cricket and see where the world is heading, and then compare it to how Pakistan is approaching the game.
So my point about a low average and high SR is right. You need to understand that it's a balance between the 2 and the aim is to get around 180 as a team ceteris paribus.

So my point about a low average and high SR is right. You need to understand that it's a balance between the 2 and the aim is to get around 180 as a team ceteris paribus.
I don’t need to understand anything suggested by you. I will understand cricket the way I see it, and I don’t really buy this nonsense of a ‘balance between both’. If your likeable players (Babar and Rizwan) are those that have a balance as you say….

Well it doesn’t reflect on the world stage with your team getting knocked out by USA. Deliver this sales pitch of ‘balance between both’ to associate cricket nation fans. Actually associates don’t really have time for that now either, teams like Ireland, Zimbabwe and Scotland are on par and will get better than Pakistan very soon.

I don’t need to understand anything suggested by you. I will understand cricket the way I see it, and I don’t really buy this nonsense of a ‘balance between both’. If your likeable players (Babar and Rizwan) are those that have a balance as you say….

Well it doesn’t reflect on the world stage with your team getting knocked out by USA. Deliver this sales pitch of ‘balance between both’ to associate cricket nation fans. Actually associates don’t really have time for that now either, teams like Ireland, Zimbabwe and Scotland are on par and will get better than Pakistan very soon.
It's above your head. We don't have players that can score quickly without taking too many risks. If you take risks you are more likely to get out, hence your lard arses having very low averages. Then you have the other extreme of Riz having an amazing average but not having much impact either.

Players included in the Pakistan Test squad participated in a fielding session at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium

The players took part in a two-hour training session under the supervision of coaches. Captain Shan Masood, Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Abrar Ahmed, Abdullah Shafique, Salman Ali Agha, Khurram Shahzad, and Aamer Jamal participated in the training. 8 players included in the Test squad - Saud Shakeel, Kamran Ghulam, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Haris, Naseem Shah, Saim Ayub, and Sarfaraz Ahmed - are part of Pakistan Shaheens and will join the Pakistan Test squad's training session after playing the first four-day match against Bangladesh A.

50SRfsg.jpg

92Ghn1h.jpg

6eGGltX.jpg

ISGahKe.jpg

N9c6PP0.jpg

Came to the cricket section after a long time. Olympics happened in between, Trump got shot in the ear, Biden gone, Sunak gone, Bangladesh got a revolution, Nadeem became crorepati.

And Rizwan is still the hottest topic of discussion in 90% of the threads. What a legend.

Came to the cricket section after a long time. Olympics happened in between, Trump got shot in the ear, Biden gone, Sunak gone, Bangladesh got a revolution, Nadeem became crorepati.

And Rizwan is still the hottest topic of discussion in 90% of the threads. What a legend.
What do you want people to do? Forget and accept a useless T20 opener?

my only interest in watching these TESTS would be if you have pitches with spice , either 8 mm live grass on day 1 or extra dry ! Not interested in watching games where taking 8 wickets in a day is rare !

Imam has no real performance to stay in the team. Huraira is a seasoned performer and he is into the team because of his consistent runs. Saim on the other hand is not a justified selection. He should have been playing domestics and playing tour games for shaheens. That would have been much better for him atm.

Huraira should definitely play ahead of saim along with Abdullah.
Maybe he’s a good option. But I think too many debutants/young players at once leads to failure and competition with each other. Felt like Haris and Saim were always competing with each other and now both out of the squads likely in LOI. I have a feeling Saim will play as we will think it’s a latch ditch effort to get something out of Saim by him playing tests as it’s “better for his development”.

Abdullah is probably better off not having to watch over his shoulder and playing with a partner opener who takes most responsibility. Imam has international hundreds and experience and to his credit has outperformed the other openers we’ve tried in the last decade or so before Abdullah came along.

I’d prefer just a settled batting side without too much chopping and changing right now. Right now is one of the few times we have an entire batting line up in tests which has shown some sort of international performance. So I’d just run with the same batting line up again.

Imam sure hasn’t done that well in 2023 averaging 30. But it’s only 5 matches. 2022 he averaged 55, with 2 centuries against Australia, one against England and just missed out with 96 against New Zealand. Don’t know if it’s the right time to move on to someone brand new after that, I’d give him a bit more time.

My team will be my team. Thanks for telling us that PK isn't your team. Through thick and thin,it will always be my team
You'll backstab your team the moment misbah Infulence ends lol.

I saw it happen in 2017 and I'll see it happen again eventually. Fraudulent empires collapse very quickly and soon

Saud can't bat 4 in t20s.

Saud can't bat 4 in t20s.
Why? Give one reason as to why?

Because he's slow? Okay fair enough, Then on what basis is Shadab A TAIL ENDER BATTING AT 5?

What's the logic behind that? Better yet what's the logic of batting an opener and an X factor who has a double 100 in odi and a 91 of 46 against australia in a tri series final in t20 at the no 4 position?

What's the logic of batting babar and rizwan 2 middle order batsmen who struggle with SR, bat at a position where you're suppose to have high sr to utilise PP?

What's the logic of Having chacha who's sr is even lower then Babar and rizzu on certain instances bat at no 6 or 7?

What's the logic of Having Usman Khan a debutant bat at no 3? You know, the iconic no 3 position where either your captain, best batsmen or Biggest clutch X factor traditionally bat?

Back